PDA

View Full Version : Montana State Blog

lakesbison
11-29-2010, 07:54 PM
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/app/msu-bobcats/?p=7184

hmmmmmm reading material.

bison boy
11-29-2010, 08:03 PM
That jack ass that wrote that ,he think we really stink , i hope we take it to those jerks !!

bisonmike2
11-29-2010, 08:08 PM
nice take. can't really complain with anything he said except he called DJ a senior.

cats2506
11-29-2010, 08:09 PM
he's a local beat writer for the Bozeman paper, does a nice job, posts interviews and stuff. (I can understand why you wouldn't like that post)

NDSUstudent
11-29-2010, 08:13 PM
In the second half Saturday, the Bison offense’s averaging starting field position was midfield. For a run-oriented offense like NDSU’s, that’s a dream come true. For those of you who think that NDSU’s solid defense, which ranks ninth in the nation in terms of points allowed, caused that, you probably didn’t watch the game.

The only thing I didn't like, I thought we dominated defensively in the second half outside of one drive(where the ref gifted them 15 yards). Sinclair was missing passes because of pressure.

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 08:15 PM
he's a local beat writer for the Bozeman paper, does a nice job, posts interviews and stuff. (I can understand why you wouldn't like that post)

Why are you being so nice? Are you trying to take us out of the game already?:banghead: Just to get things started, I have a personal (maybe several) vendetta(s) against MSU. First, they would not play NDSU in 86 or 88, yet they had won a National Championship in 84 (Your QB was my fellow teammates' brother btw). Second, and likely my biggest problem, my ex, yes ex, brother-in-law graduated from MSU, and he was a pretty good guy too. What the hell is wrong with you guys! Lastly, you apparently have much better "local beat writers" then us, but that is not saying to much.:D

HerdBot
11-29-2010, 08:20 PM
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/app/msu-bobcats/?p=7184

hmmmmmm reading material.

Let them think we suck..I like it that way. No comments.

cats2506
11-29-2010, 08:53 PM

tomorrow you will get to listen to the Coach and probably a few players, I can guarantee that they will give you due respect.

cats2506
11-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Why are you being so nice? Are you trying to take us out of the game already?:banghead: Just to get things started, I have a personal (maybe several) vendetta(s) against MSU. First, they would not play NDSU in 86 or 88, yet they had won a National Championship in 84 (Your QB was my fellow teammates' brother btw). Second, and likely my biggest problem, my ex, yes ex, brother-in-law graduated from MSU, and he was a pretty good guy too. What the hell is wrong with you guys! Lastly, you apparently have much better "local beat writers" then us, but that is not saying to much.:D

We are all just nice folks that like football, so unless you are wearing dark pink and grey we will be nice and offer a beer if your coming to the game :D

Hambone
11-29-2010, 10:02 PM
I caught Saturday's game on the interwebs, and I can say that I thought his assessment was actually very good. I didn't really feel like he was saying the Bison suck, he was just giving his thoughts on the game. As an independent observer of the game, I would make pretty close to the same type of comments.

99Bison
11-29-2010, 10:13 PM
The biggest issues are the factual errors in the write up. As for this game specifically, it was a interestingly homerish take (like if a homer bisonviller wrote it up on their game).

One thing missing, perhaps it wasn't obvious on TV, but NDSU physically dominated the trenches all game from beginning to end. If offense skill positions execute half decent in the first half it's a 17+ point game by then.

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 10:14 PM
The biggest issues are the factual errors in the write up. As for this game specifically, it was a interestingly homerish take (like if a homer bisonviller wrote it up on their game).

One thing missing, perhaps it wasn't obvious on TV, but NDSU physically dominated the trenches all game from beginning to end. If offense skill positions execute half decent in the first half it's a 17+ point game by then.

This ^ is accurate--hence the big plays coming later in the game when RM was physically wiped out.

perthbison
11-29-2010, 10:24 PM

I think it's better this way. We'll play the game and see.:nod:

perthbison
11-29-2010, 10:28 PM
We are all just nice folks that like football, so unless you are wearing dark pink and grey we will be nice and offer a beer if your coming to the game :D

I'll be there all right. Where you tailgatin? If I collect on all the beer offers it'll be just right . You montanans are nice folk.

cats2506
11-29-2010, 10:33 PM
I'll be there all right. Where you tailgatin? If I collect on all the beer offers it'll be just right . You montanans are nice folk.

http://www.bobcatnation.com/tailgate_map.php

west lot, flag has my name on it, we have a sign up that says "Lewistown Tailgate Crew"

Kmax and RTB run Bobcat Nation so you should probably stop there too.

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 12:01 AM

There wasnt anything in that article that wasnt true. So no problems here.

99Bison
11-30-2010, 12:13 AM
There wasnt anything in that article that wasnt true. So no problems here.

Huh? Did you actually read the article? There was about -1 effort on research put into it...

Senior DJ McNorton? Flip flopping QB's all year - anyone fathom that's because they got hurt? Heavy dose of Mohler is last two regular season games - Mohler played what maybe 8 plays in the last game? Mohler was not started in playoff game because of his last two games stats - really? Robert Morris QB was so bad that the 9th scoring defense of NDSU didn't have anything to do with getting the offense good field position? Bison give up huge rushing yards all year even with 3 good linemen... did injuries play a part of that maybe too?

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Huh? Did you actually read the article? There was about -1 effort on research put into it...

Senior DJ McNorton? Flip flopping QB's all year - anyone fathom that's because they got hurt? Heavy dose of Mohler is last two regular season games - Mohler played what maybe 8 plays in the last game? Mohler was not started in playoff game because of his last two games stats - really? Robert Morris QB was so bad that the 9th scoring defense of NDSU didn't have anything to do with getting the offense good field position? Bison give up huge rushing yards all year even with 3 good linemen... did injuries play a part of that maybe too?

Yes I did read it. The article in general said it all. If you want to get journalistic picky then hes not going to win any awards. But then again I dont get too anal over what the opponets writers say.

99Bison
11-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Yes I did read it. The article in general said it all. If you want to get journalistic picky then hes not going to win any awards. But then again I dont get too anal over what the opponets writers say.

The comment was that nothing wasn't true... there's a ton that's not true - that's used for the substance of the aricle. Which is horrible, even for a blog from a media person irregardless of slant choosen.

NDSUstudent
11-30-2010, 12:45 AM
RMU had -1 yards in their first 4 combined drives. They did have a nice 78 yard TD drive but then could only manage 53 yards in their final four drives. He said the defense had nothing to do with field position in the second half which was pure garbage. 99 is right on this one.

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 01:07 AM
The comment was that nothing wasn't true... there's a ton that's not true - that's used for the substance of the aricle. Which is horrible, even for a blog from a media person irregardless of slant choosen.

Ok where do I report for the flogging????:blush:

99Bison
11-30-2010, 01:56 AM
Bobcat Stadium tailgating, lets see your sausage try and save you on this one :D

TQ16
11-30-2010, 02:57 AM
http://www.bobcatnation.com/tailgate_map.php

west lot, flag has my name on it, we have a sign up that says "Lewistown Tailgate Crew"

Kmax and RTB run Bobcat Nation so you should probably stop there too.

Lewistown is where I grew up, who exactly are you cats2506? ha you can message me if you want, but looks like I'll definitely be stopping by the tailgate.

also love that lakes is already found on the bobcatnation tailgate map. good work

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 03:50 AM
Bobcat Stadium tailgating, lets see your sausage try and save you on this one :D

Is this going to be a sausage flogging or a flogging by sausage????????:D