PDA

View Full Version : Montana Game day Charter

56BISON73
11-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Cost 549.00 based on 150 people.
Tickets extra ?
Leave MPLS 5:00 am to Fargo. Leaves Fargo 6:45 to Bozeman.

www.creativecharter.com (http://www.creativecharter.com)

99Bison
11-29-2010, 12:25 AM
When's the return?

Fast50Dad
11-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Saturday night after the game is what I heard.

Go Bison!

Jay
11-29-2010, 12:30 AM
PL's link has all the info.

56BISON73
11-29-2010, 12:30 AM
When's the return?

Saturday, December 4
Depart Minneapolis 5:00 am CST
Depart Fargo 7:00 am CST
Arrive Bozeman 8:44 am MST
Play-0ff game at 12:05 pm MST
Return at 5 pm after game to Fargo and then Minneapolis
Sponsored by NDSU Athletic Department

99Bison
11-29-2010, 12:31 AM
The details, half full already:
http://www.creativecharter.com/North%20Dakota%20State.htm

99Bison
11-29-2010, 01:55 AM
I'm in.

Well left message with my info.

bisongirl
11-29-2010, 01:57 AM
I'm in.

Well left message with my info.

Merry Christmas! :)

56BISON73
11-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Price is now 499.00

sambini
11-29-2010, 06:15 AM
Good price....

bisontwice
11-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Is this for real?

roadwarrior
11-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Is this for real?

Yes it is for real.

bisontwice
11-29-2010, 12:15 PM
we will be there along with several others

NDSUFan_Sav
11-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Yes it is for real.

you getting your tickets through ndsu?

roadwarrior
11-29-2010, 01:29 PM
you getting your tickets through ndsu?

Yes, going there shortly.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-29-2010, 01:31 PM

I called in and they said they wouldn't know more til about 11, but if you hear something different keep us posted, thanks!

GradBison
11-29-2010, 01:48 PM

Please keep us posted Road. I called and they said to check back mid morning as they still haven't received that information from Mt St.

roadwarrior
11-29-2010, 02:09 PM
They are having a conference call with MSU to go over the ticket situation. The info will come out afterwards.

99Bison
11-29-2010, 04:09 PM
They are having a conference call with MSU to go over the ticket situation. The info will come out afterwards.

Any update?

roadwarrior
11-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah, check the ticket thread.

99Bison
11-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Yeah, check the ticket thread.

Um, so what page...? So you are saying they have the Charter takers reserved...? How does one pay for it, pick it up, etc?

roadwarrior
11-29-2010, 07:37 PM
If you are on the charter, they are holding a ticket for you I guess.

Any other method of getting there, you want to get your tickets thru MSU.

I'm not on the charter, so I dont have those details.

lakesbison
11-29-2010, 07:45 PM
couple guys at the office here hitup the charter.. it'll fill i think.

BisonCountry
11-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Um, so what page...? So you are saying they have the Charter takers reserved...? How does one pay for it, pick it up, etc?

When you book your flight for the charter you just need to let them know you need game tickets. $30/tix

Herd Mentality
11-29-2010, 10:00 PM
When you book your flight for the charter you just need to let them know you need game tickets. $30/tix

Your wife is very supportive of your habits, BisonCountry. I think I will tell her that she should subsidize me to go with you and watch over you.

Yo
11-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Went very smoothly booking this charter with game tickets. They said they would have plenty of bloody mary mix (we'll see). The lovely Mrs. Yo and I will be there.

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Went very smoothly booking this charter with game tickets. They said they would have plenty of bloody mary mix (we'll see). The lovely Mrs. Yo and I will be there.

Have a good trip.

bisongirl
11-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Email from Pat Simmers...40 seats to go!

We are within 40 seats of filling the plane to Bozeman!! We need to get this done!! We have until 5:00pm tonight to make the call. Call a friend, neighbor, let's make it go!! Call today!!

We have a charter plane set to go to Bozeman for the Montana State game.
You can board in Minneapolis or Fargo. Leave Saturday am and return
Saturday pm. $499 includes air and ground transportation. Game ticket $30

Itinerary

5:00 am CST Depart Minneapolis

7:00 am CST Depart Fargo

8:45 pm MST Arrive in Bozeman

9:30 am MST Pregame

12:05 pm MST Kickoff

3:05 pm MST Game over

5:00 pm MST Depart Bozeman

7:45 pm CST Arrive in Fargo

8:15 pm CST Depart Fargo

9:15 pm CST Arrive in Minneapolis

Pat Simmers

Sr. Associate AD / Team Makers Executive Director

Bison bison
11-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Still seats available.

If you have a chance to do this - DO IT.

Win or lose this game is going to be classic.

Bisonfan1
11-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Still seats available.

If you have a chance to do this - DO IT.

Win or lose this game is going to be classic.

SO if the plane does not fill, or close to it, it doesnt go ?? That would suck.

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 05:48 PM
SO if the plane does not fill, or close to it, it doesnt go ?? That would suck.

Tough to fill on such short notice. They have done pretty good for only a day and a half.

99Bison
11-30-2010, 05:53 PM
I just got itinerary, down to 38. Whomever signs up next gets ah.... something.

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Come on Bison Fans.........fill it UP!!

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Heres the deal. They have until 5:00 to make the call whether the charter is still on. Then of course they have the rest of the week to fill it. But the charter company needs to make that call on weather they think it will fill.

If the charter doesnt go then those who signed up get first crack at the FB tickets.

lakesbison
11-30-2010, 06:08 PM
oh so NDSU held up all the tickets they recieved?

thank god all of us got tickets on our own, god forbid our school marketing/booster club ASSISTS us and gets us all in 1 section. Wouldnt of that been fun to have 500-1000 of us in 1 section???

i mean seriously, how hard would it of been to pick up the phone last week and say "ah, montana state, WHEN we win, will you please kindly set aside 500 seats in section 107 for NDSU fans ?"

instead it was a cluster___ and we are scattered all over the stadium , which like burgandy said is just gonna piss off the bobcat fans.

this is hilarious, wow.

THEsocalledfan
11-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Heres the deal. They have until 5:00 to make the call whether the charter is still on. Then of course they have the rest of the week to fill it. But the charter company needs to make that call on weather they think it will fill.

If the charter doesnt go then those who signed up get first crack at the FB tickets.

PL, I can't do it as I will be out of town, but I never received an e-mail from the alumni association on this. (Because in Sioux Falls?) Only have seen it here and on the forum web-site.

Perhaps they could try e-mailing alumni? There's an idea......

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 06:13 PM
oh so NDSU held up all the tickets they recieved?

thank god all of us got tickets on our own, god forbid our school marketing/booster club ASSISTS us and gets us all in 1 section. Wouldnt of that been fun to have 500-1000 of us in 1 section???

i mean seriously, how hard would it of been to pick up the phone last week and say "ah, montana state, WHEN we win, will you please kindly set aside 500 seats in section 107 for NDSU fans ?"

instead it was a cluster___ and we are scattered all over the stadium , which like burgandy said is just gonna piss off the bobcat fans.

this is hilarious, wow.

NDSU only received enough tickets to cover the FB teams parents, NDSU staff and the charter. Probably 500 at most. They had NO control over what MSU alloted them. Try doing simple math---how many players on the team? Then multiply by 2. Then add the 150 for the charter. Now NDSU staff. Doesnt take long to get to 500 does it.
So please have the correct information before you start bad mouthing NDSU.

CAS4127
11-30-2010, 06:14 PM
PL, I can't do it as I will be out of town, but I never received an e-mail from the alumni association on this. (Because in Sioux Falls?) Only have seen it here and on the forum web-site.

Perhaps they could try e-mailing alumni? There's an idea......

They put it on facebook and I received an email on it as well.

THEsocalledfan
11-30-2010, 06:16 PM

Must have been because I was in Sioux Falls. However, why not e-mail more folks now? You may pick up a few Duluth, Sioux Falls, St. Cloud, etc. alumni.

lakesbison
11-30-2010, 06:18 PM
well PL.

they couldve done a better job with this ticket ordeal. At least TELL us you dont have tickets for the NDSU fanbase.

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 06:21 PM
well PL.

they couldve done a better job with this ticket ordeal. At least TELL us you dont have tickets for the NDSU fanbase.

Lakes
They didnt now the ticket situation until Monday am. They were just as surprised as the fans were. If you thought there was confusion and discontent among the fans you cant imagine how NDSU felt. They fully expected to have everything running smoothly on Monday am.

Bisonfan1
11-30-2010, 06:21 PM
well PL.

That would have been nice, really, it was a cluster.

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 06:26 PM
well PL.

I love to argue with Lakes......but he is right about this.

HandoEX
11-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Lakes
They didnt now the ticket situation until Monday am. They were just as surprised as the fans were. If you thought there was confusion and discontent among the fans you cant imagine how NDSU felt. They fully expected to have everything running smoothly on Monday am.

So NDSU didn't know that MSU was only going to give them the required number of tickets and NDSU didn't know that those tickets would be held for the people using the charter flight, NDSU staff and players tickets? We are supposed to beleive that? I understand that it's the first time we've dealt with this in a long time, but it seems like everything could have been easily planned for and the information that NDSUs ticket allotment would not be made available to the general public without exceptions could have been made available to fans one way or another.

lakesbison
11-30-2010, 06:46 PM
yea. thanks for the support guys, im not right all the time... but dangit. im right. haha.

too late now.

HandoEX
11-30-2010, 06:49 PM
yea. thanks for the support guys, im not right all the time... but dangit. im right. haha.

too late now.

It's not too late to learn for next time. This won't be the last playoff game that NDSU will have tickets for that I won't count on getting.

sambini
11-30-2010, 06:59 PM

I got both an email for TEAMMAKERS and also alot of ads on facebook. Would love to go but will be in LA.

roadwarrior
11-30-2010, 07:00 PM
well PL.

I posted the answer as soon as they got the answer from MSU that they werent going to get as many tickets as they asked for.

CAS4127
11-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Here's the email I received from Alum Assoc. yesterday:

The Bison are in the 2nd round of the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs.

They take on the Montana State Bobcats on Saturday, December 4 in Bozeman, Montana. Game time is 12:05 p.m. MST.

An NDSU fan airline charter has been organized by Bison Athletics and we need to fill the plane.

The charter is $499 per person and departs MSP on Saturday at 5 a.m. and will stop in Fargo and pick up fans at 7 a.m. The charter will return after the game. This fee also includes ground transportation to a pre-game party and to the football stadium. Pre-game party costs and game tickets are not included in the $499 price.
Details at www.creativecharter.com

Game ticket info

Details about pre-game social and other information are being finalized and our goal is to post information on www.ndsualumni.com by Tuesday, November 30.

THEsocalledfan
11-30-2010, 07:07 PM
I got both an email for TEAMMAKERS and also alot of ads on facebook. Would love to go but will be in LA.

Me and a friend are going to set this up at ESPN Sportszone in Downtown Disney in the OC if interested in making the treck from LA....

BlueBisonRock
11-30-2010, 07:30 PM
So NDSU didn't know that MSU was only going to give them the required number of tickets and NDSU didn't know that those tickets would be held for the people using the charter flight, NDSU staff and players tickets? We are supposed to beleive that? I understand that it's the first time we've dealt with this in a long time, but it seems like everything could have been easily planned for and the information that NDSUs ticket allotment would not be made available to the general public without exceptions could have been made available to fans one way or another.

Its hard to plan when all of your time is spent addressing fan complaints about the Dome security!!! :D

99Bison
11-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Back on topic, just added one more to the flight.

Person on phone said down into the 20's spots now left, would like to get under 20 left by 5pm.

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 09:05 PM

To answer your question. NO NDSU didnt know that they were only going to get the required 500 tickets. They were thinking 1000.
Yes they did know that a certain amount would be held but didnt know exactly how many because of short notice.

I dont know what communication was involved with MSU before the game.

Granted it could have been planned for but how easily considering the game ended on Sat evening late and the ticket office opened 9am monday.

NDSU didnt know the exact amount of ticket they were getting until Monday am.
Its been a frustratiing experience all the way around for everyone but playing the blame game serves no one well in this case.

bisonhusker
11-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Personally I think it is bunk that NDSU saved tickets for the charter. So non teammakers can spend $500 and get a ticket for a playoff game that has been reserved for NDSU, but a teammakers who is going another route has to find their own ticket....and probably not in a Bison section. I have a problem with that. Plus, if the charter doesn't go, we give up about 150 seats that are probably all together to other fans....because the rest of Bison Nation already has their seats.

lakesbison
11-30-2010, 09:26 PM
husker and I are in complete agreement, along with others. Its a bunch of crap.

AT LEAST have the balls to tell the general NDSU fan/public upfront whats happening, instead we were all scrambling yesterday morning and while most people got in 106-107.

a lot are scattered all over. D2 for ya. Everything else has been elevated to D1 status, connect the dots.

Road, PL, people on here have been great, HELL.... are thread about tickets on here SAVED alot of people, is that their job, not message board people?

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 09:33 PM

AT LEAST have the balls to tell the general NDSU fan/public upfront whats happening, instead we were all scrambling yesterday morning and while most people got in 106-107.

a lot are scattered all over. D2 for ya. Everything else has been elevated to D1 status, connect the dots.

Believe it or not Lakes Players families , staff and charters have priority in every D1 program I know of. This is how its done in D1. You wanted it. Now youve got it.

lakesbison
11-30-2010, 09:36 PM
your missing the point husker and I are making, but oh well.

CHARTER is going. if it's down to 20, thats $10,000. NDSU will buy the rest and sell the remaining for $350-400 and it'll get down.

See you in bozeman, and we'll put this to rest i guess.

sambini
11-30-2010, 09:38 PM
You guys have a good time. +++

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Personally I think it is bunk that NDSU saved tickets for the charter. So non teammakers can spend $500 and get a ticket for a playoff game that has been reserved for NDSU, but a teammakers who is going another route has to find their own ticket....and probably not in a Bison section. I have a problem with that. Plus, if the charter doesn't go, we give up about 150 seats that are probably all together to other fans....because the rest of Bison Nation already has their seats.

My bet is the majority on the plane will be Teammakers. This is no different from other charters that I have researched. If you got the money you get to go. They usually include tickets. Its a non-issue with me. But I do understand some of the points you and Lakes are trying to make.

Hopefully in the future this whole debacle has been a learning experience for the fans and NDSU.

EndZoneQB
11-30-2010, 09:41 PM
If they have sold close to 130 spots in 2-3 days, they shouldn't cancel it. Theres too much evidence that this is going to happen.

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 09:44 PM
If they have sold close to 130 spots in 2-3 days, they shouldn't cancel it. Theres too much evidence that this is going to happen.

Theyve got all week to work the phones to get 20 people. But its up to the charter people. They make that call.

BraxtonT
11-30-2010, 09:44 PM

Road, PL, people on here have been great, HELL.... are thread about tickets on here SAVED alot of people, is that their job, not message board people?

++++++++++++++

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 09:48 PM

Question
What was NDSU supposed to do when at the last minute MSU didnt come accross with the tickets that they thought were coming? Its 9am and the phones are ringing.

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Question
What was NDSU supposed to do when at the last minute MSU didnt come accross with the tickets that they thought were coming? Its 9am and the phones are ringing.

Get a press release out and post it online......

NDSUstudent
11-30-2010, 09:53 PM
MSU and NCAA have control of the ticket situation. All NDSU can do is make a request.

I do agree NDSU should have made a few calls out there on Sunday to get the lay of the land and maybe they did and MSU just wasn't ready to give an answer. They clearly weren't ready to handle the surge on Monday.

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 09:55 PM
MSU and NCAA have control of the ticket situation. All NDSU can do is make a request.

I do agree NDSU should have made a few calls out there on Sunday to get the lay of the land and maybe they did and MSU just wasn't ready to give an answer. They clearly weren't ready to handle the surge on Monday.

They were ready but they had no tickets. I know some people didnt go home after the game on Sat and were working on this through Sunday as well.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Question

well they get 500 tix for sure so tell us fans we wont know if we get more then that so grab your own tickets then some wouldnt have waited for those tix maybe?

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 10:01 PM
well they get 500 tix for sure so tell us fans we wont know if we get more then that so grab your own tickets then some wouldnt have waited for those tix maybe?

Sounds reasonable. Why dont you pass this suggestion on to the people who make those decisions.

lakesbison
11-30-2010, 10:09 PM
they are hitting refresh, they'll see it. i assure you that.

EndZoneQB
11-30-2010, 10:26 PM
I obviously was not involved in buying tickets, but don't you think they maybe could have called ahead of time? I mean, one of these two schools was going to be playing in Bozeman regardless...so some pre-planning SHOULD have been possible? I guess I have no idea how it goes behind the scenes so this is just my surface vantage point suggestion.

99Bison
12-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Just got confirmation, that charter is on, the plane will be flying!

About 25 spots left to fill with tickets, including 1st class and exit row seats if desired.

roadwarrior
12-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Are you going to have the pilot buzz the tailgating lot on approach?

WYOBISONMAN
12-01-2010, 03:26 PM

By god.....if they do that I am going to get a picture or video of it!!!

BisonAccountant44
12-01-2010, 03:49 PM

http://blogs.msdn.com/blogfiles/stevecla01/WindowsLiveWriter/NegativeGhostRiderThePatternIsFull_9C37/f18_hornet_thumb.jpg

Negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.

cats2506
12-01-2010, 03:59 PM
are they chartering this one
http://jimrharris.smugmug.com/Sports/Montana-State-Bobcats/DSC2738/1110443495_SZmZc-M.jpg

BisonCountry
12-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Nope....afraid that one is going to crash and burn on Saturday.

TAILG8R
12-01-2010, 04:09 PM
http://jimrharris.smugmug.com/Sports/Montana-State-Bobcats/DSC2738/1110443495_SZmZc-M.jpg

I hate turboprops. Just saying.

99Bison
12-01-2010, 04:35 PM

Nah, that's way too small for Bison fans.

99Bison
12-01-2010, 04:36 PM

Will have to put in the order, will you be there at 8:10?

Bisonguy
12-01-2010, 04:48 PM
A 737 buzzing the tailgating lot? That should be interesting.

bobcatozzy
12-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I can understand why alot of you are upset but you have to look at it from the bobcat side too. Let me try to clear some things for you. After we knew we where in the playoffs emails and postcards where sent out to season ticket holders. Those that didnt respond before the 26th of Nov their seats went to the general public which includes bobcat fans and bison fans going after those tickets. Also the season ticket holders that didnt respond are scattered all over the stadium so they arent going to move the season ticket holders that did respond to a different section just to make a section so you bison fans can have your own section. Just to let you know our stadium has been sold out for almost 2 yrs so not only is hard for you bison fans to get tickets but its hard for a bobcat fan that wants to go but cant because of the same reason its sold out. I hope this kinda painted a clearer picture for you fans. I hope the ones that do come enjoy their time and visit some of the tailgate areas.

EndZoneQB
12-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Just got confirmation, that charter is on, the plane will be flying!

About 25 spots left to fill with tickets, including 1st class and exit row seats if desired.

Just curious, is it more for the first class/exit row seats?

BisonCountry
12-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Just curious, is it more for the first class/exit row seats?

Yes.

$100 extra First Class
$50 extra Exit Row

roadwarrior
12-01-2010, 05:56 PM

I'm guessing you will want to look for a Sun Country 737.

Wally
12-01-2010, 11:58 PM
How many Delta SkyMiles does one need to get on this charter?

lakesbison
12-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Delta? Just fly delta mpls to.Denver then boZeman with 500pts

Wally
12-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Delta? Just fly delta mpls to.Denver then boZeman with 500pts

I wish it was 500 skymiles, it's minimum of 25,000 skymiles from msp to bozeman

99Bison
12-02-2010, 12:31 AM
On this short notice, probably 1,000,000.

GOB1SON
12-02-2010, 02:28 AM
On this short notice, probably 1,000,000.

25,000 miles + $10 tonight.

56BISON73
12-02-2010, 04:41 AM
I can understand why alot of you are upset but you have to look at it from the bobcat side too. Let me try to clear some things for you. After we knew we where in the playoffs emails and postcards where sent out to season ticket holders. Those that didnt respond before the 26th of Nov their seats went to the general public which includes bobcat fans and bison fans going after those tickets. Also the season ticket holders that didnt respond are scattered all over the stadium so they arent going to move the season ticket holders that did respond to a different section just to make a section so you bison fans can have your own section. Just to let you know our stadium has been sold out for almost 2 yrs so not only is hard for you bison fans to get tickets but its hard for a bobcat fan that wants to go but cant because of the same reason its sold out. I hope this kinda painted a clearer picture for you fans. I hope the ones that do come enjoy their time and visit some of the tailgate areas.

That is pretty much the same scenario that would happen to most teams when they come to Fargo for a big game.

IzzyFlexion
12-02-2010, 10:12 AM

Looks like the Fargo streets and sanitation dept. is doing a good job of piling the snow far away from the Hector runways. Interesting how dirty it looks this early in the season.

THEsocalledfan
12-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Did you notice how they still don't have jet engines in Montana? I knew they liked their sheep, but this is even more backward than I thought......

TransAmBison
12-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I sure hope NDSU1980 isn't going to Montana State...if they get one whiff of his fingers a real riot might break out.*

*Too subtle? Not subtle enough?

perthbison
12-02-2010, 06:51 PM
I have 4 tickets inEZ 1 that we di'nt need. PM me.