PDA

View Full Version : How crazy would a home game on ESPN be?

HerdBot
11-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Seriously, if we win on Saturday and Southeast Missouri State beats Eastern Washington, we would get another home game.

Not only would we get another home game, (that would certainly be much better attended), we would have a shot at an ESPN game. Worst case it would be an ESPN produced game with HD cameras and that that cool prodution work. Can you imagine how crazy the dome would be with an ESPNU or ESPN2 game?

Then if Appalachian State loses any game, we will probably see the quarterfinal game on ESPN against either Stephen F Austin, Villanova, or Western Illinois. Can we outbid those guys?

Then for the right to go to the National Championship it would be tougher and we'd need some help because most of the seeded teams are in the opposite bracket. We'd need losses from William & Mary and Deleware. Georgia Southern would be the biggest threat for bidding.

If I had told you this would be possible a year ago you would think we're nuts. Of course we must win on Saturday or this is a useless discussion.

Mandan_Herd_Fan
11-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Isn't there a mens bb game against teh hockies that day in the dome?

HerdBot
11-28-2010, 07:15 PM

GT said they would do both. The dome works quickly. Talk about a fun day!

DjKyRo
11-28-2010, 07:18 PM
We can dream! It'd be dope.

IBleedYellow
11-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Lets go Bison! Lets show them the PRIDE of ND. We'd be able to bring them back, I would wish.

roadwarrior
11-28-2010, 08:05 PM

Thanks to the much loved magic carpet turf, it only takes a couple of hours to convert from football to basketball.

A1pigskin
11-28-2010, 08:31 PM
This would be awesome.

torby
11-28-2010, 09:24 PM
WOULD be great just got to beat the pussycats first then wait and see!

X-Factor
11-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I like dreaming, but it is quite a stretch for SEMO to beat EWU.

HerdBot
11-29-2010, 03:44 AM
I like dreaming, but it is quite a stretch for SEMO to beat EWU.

Not really. They beat SIU early in the year when they were healthy at their place. SIU is better than their record having lost. They almost beat a very good Jacksonville State team at their house. That's the same team who beat Ole Miss!

B. b. bison
11-29-2010, 05:58 AM
This would be awesome. I'd guess the odds of this happening are around 15%.

MNLonghorn10
11-29-2010, 06:09 AM
This would be awesome. I'd guess the odds of this happening are around 15%.

off topic...but that sig is f'in awesome

northendzone
11-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Maybe the GameDay Guys/Gals would come!!! hahahaha

aces1180
11-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Maybe the GameDay Guys/Gals would come!!! hahahaha

I wish...However, with Big 12, SEC championship games that day, my guess is they will be there instead. ;)

Bison bison
11-29-2010, 02:43 PM
SEC is on CBS
Big 12 on ABC

It is definitely possible that NDSU will be on espn this weekend.

aces1180
11-29-2010, 02:52 PM
SEC is on CBS
Big 12 on ABC

It is definitely possible that NDSU will be on espn this weekend.

It was posted in a different thread, which I re-posted in another and I am mentioning here, that the game will probably be on Altitude, as they have the rights to a second-round game beginning at noon MST...However, that could also be the EWU game.

It is also going to be on ESPN3.com - Which is lame for me.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/14/group/81

missingnumber7
11-29-2010, 04:11 PM

Quarters play the 10th and 11th, could play FB on Friday.

stevdock
11-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Quarters play the 10th and 11th, could play FB on Friday.

I heard Taylor say they would do both the same day. FB at noon, BB at night. Apparently it's a quick turnaround to go from football field to basketball stadium.

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Why is it that every week after a game I see a thread not about the next game, but about the game after the next, and it is always started by Gabe!!
Give it an effin rest, even more so now that we are in the playoffs as opposed to the regular season when there normally IS a game after the next game (exception last game of regular season). I mean, we are in the playoffs, heading to MSU for a game on their field, and Gabe is talking about "another home game on ESPN". REALLY!!!?????

I would be there is a direct link from this thread to the computer of every Bobcat FB player. If there isn't, there should be. Hell, the front page of the misinForum sports page tomorrow will probably read "Bison fans ecstatic about next home playoff game after MSU game!!"