PDA

View Full Version : More Forum/WDAY media spin

HerdBot
11-28-2010, 04:16 AM
First off they did one hell of a job leading with media coverage. But then they went on this big story about how the game attendance was bad and how the hotels were vacant.

A reality. NDSU drew more fans than any other team did today. Northern Iowa drew 5,800 fans. Western Illinois played in front of 3,000 fans. In reality it was a huge success for what is traditionally the worst of the year.

Last year, even Montana only drew 19,000 in their 28,000 seat stadium that sells out every game. In fact Montana drew less tickets than they have season ticket holders for the same weekend.

The bottom line is we will pack the dome if we are fortunate enough to get another playoff game.

It was a great atmosphere.

Talk about a poop filled twinkie.

JustinTyem
11-28-2010, 04:21 AM
First off they did one hell of a job leading with media coverage. But then they went on this big story about how the game attendance was bad and how the hotels were vacant.

A reality. NDSU drew more fans than any other team did today. Northern Iowa drew 5,800 fans. Western Illinois played in front of 3,000 fans. In reality it was a huge success for what is traditionally the worst of the year.

Last year, even Montana only drew 19,000 in their 28,000 seat stadium that sells out every game. In fact Montana drew less tickets than they have season ticket holders for the same weekend.

The bottom line is we will pack the dome if we are fortunate enough to get another playoff game.

Talk about a poop filled twinkie.Great Job Gabe,The Bison Family is wonderful. The Ncaa should be Happy to have you guys and gals able to host and make some money at the same time.

DIBISON
11-28-2010, 05:47 AM

Talk about a poop filled twinkie.

I also couldn't believe what I heard on WDAY TV after the game. What a bunch of BS reporting. Check out the facts, there were over 12,000 fans that wouldn't have been around without the playoffs. The NCAA was very impressed. Very poor on the part of WDAY TV6.

Twentysix
11-28-2010, 05:55 AM
Everyone knows kvly is where its at.....

Gully
11-28-2010, 05:59 AM
I saw that as well and had to laugh. Nevermind they led FCS in attendance for the opening round of the playoffs.....let's focus on the fact that the game wasn't sold out on a holiday weekend. Great journalism. WDAY and the Forum are a complete joke in my opinion. Does anyone take them seriously?

NDSUstudent
11-28-2010, 06:04 AM
The Forum and WDAY sports guys are top notch. I won't talk about the other areas, but from a sports perspective they are the only outlet I follow outside of Bison Illustrated.

99Bison
11-28-2010, 06:05 AM

Actually the stadium holds 25k and they got 17k... no?

walknroehl
11-28-2010, 06:06 AM
No nobody takes them seriously. I tried to go watch the news cast on their website but instead i got 35 minutes of the Oklahoma vs Oklahoma St. game. Which in the end was a better use of my time. So wait I guess I should thank them. Good job WDAY!

TbonZach
11-28-2010, 06:11 AM
When it comes to non-NDSU related stuff, I think WDAY is top notch. Much better than the other stations. KVLY is better when it's NDSU sports related.

bisonmike2
11-28-2010, 11:48 AM

well technically their stadium holds 25k but 0K showed up this week.:D

HerdBot
11-28-2010, 05:25 PM

So on the same weekend we only drew 5k less than Montana, the 2nd best drawing program in the FCS

HerdBot
11-28-2010, 06:38 PM
The Forum and WDAY sports guys are top notch. I won't talk about the other areas, but from a sports perspective they are the only outlet I follow outside of Bison Illustrated.

The Forum and Kolpack are awesome. I tend to lump them in with WDAY. I just thought that it was a really bad spin on the attendance, which was very impressive, IMO.

ISXBISON
11-28-2010, 10:51 PM
I was quite surprised as I watched both the kvly news and the wday news after I got home from the game and wday had way more coverage of the game and tailgaiting. wday opened with back to back story's and it was third story on kvly. wday sports gave it more time too.

HerdBot
11-28-2010, 11:19 PM
I was quite surprised as I watched both the kvly news and the wday news after I got home from the game and wday had way more coverage of the game and tailgaiting. wday opened with back to back story's and it was third story on kvly. wday sports gave it more time too.

Absolutely agree. The WDAY coverage was great. Kolpack was awesome as always.

I dont work for anyone involved in the media nor do I work for NDSU. I'm just a fan who pays attention to details and understand politics. Here are my observations.

They just always throw in some little piece to make NDSU look bad. Start paying attention to Dalrymples headlines. Notice how the Forum picture today happens to be at an angle that makes the dome look as empty as possible? Seriously every picture I've seen makes the crowd look respectable. You have to make an effort to find those angles.

Now pay attention to the headlines related to UND.

I'm sure if NDSU had stayed with them instead of jumping to radio Fargo Moorhead the dome would have been an overflow sellout and all the hotels wouldn't be vacant!! I think they were better than KVLY but honestly could care less. These things annoy me.

GradBison
11-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Kolpack and Izzo did a great job on the Saturday morning sports show, night and day from Hammer/Heitcamp.

HerdBot
11-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Kolpack and Izzo did a great job on the Saturday morning sports show, night and day from Hammer/Heitcamp.

Hammer and Heitcamp are both fighting poo homers. Shame on 790 for putting those ass clowns in charge.

Bisonguy
11-28-2010, 11:38 PM

I dont work for anyone involved in the media nor do I work for NDSU. I'm just a fan who pays attention to details and understand politics. Here are my observations.

They just always throw in some little piece to make NDSU look bad. Start paying attention to Dalrymples headlines. Notice how the Forum picture today happens to be at an angle that makes the dome look as empty as possible? Seriously every picture I've seen makes the crowd look respectable. You have to make an effort to find those angles.

I'm sure if NDSU had stayed with them instead of jumping to radio Fargo Moorhead the dome would have been an overflow sellout and all the hotels wouldn't be vacant!! I think they were better than KVLY but honestly could care less. These things annoy me.

KVLY has done a lot more for Bison athletics than WDAY did. It was like pulling teeth to televise more than two football games on WDAY, they didn't have nearly as many promos like KVLY/KX4's "Where the Bison play" on KVLY/KX4, no rebroadcasts of classic games, no other mentions on the news or weather (Hutch has a Bison tailgating forecast), actually have a decent website, etc...........

Bison"FANatic"
11-28-2010, 11:49 PM

I listened to part of the show Sturday morning and it was top notch. They did a great job.

BadlandsBison
11-28-2010, 11:58 PM

I agree. They like to take their little "shots" at NDSU if they can.