PDA

View Full Version : Montana State vs North Dakota State

yellowstreak
11-28-2010, 02:32 AM
Predictions, Comments, Concerns

yellowstreak
11-28-2010, 02:33 AM
what time is the game? when is that announced?

WYOBISONMAN
11-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Concern:

Damn weather better cooperate so I can drive up to Bozeman!

WYOBISONMAN
11-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Gametime is noon MST.

Kevin
11-28-2010, 02:34 AM
I think there's no question that we are the under dogs here. I honestly believe our defense can play with anyone.

As for the offense? Well, I hope Brock knocked all the rust off this week. We can't miss wide open receivers in Bozeman.

onbison09
11-28-2010, 02:36 AM
Gametime is noon MST.

And it's on www.espn3.com

WYOBISONMAN
11-28-2010, 02:38 AM
And it's on www.espn3.com

Which means no one can get it.....:smh:

onbison09
11-28-2010, 02:39 AM

Hmm I've always had it. I wonder if you can pay? I think it might be on ESPN gameplan. And I know you can pay for a single day of that.

coloradobison
11-28-2010, 02:40 AM

I can get it!!

WYOBISONMAN
11-28-2010, 02:43 AM
Hmm I've always had it. I wonder if you can pay? I think it might be on ESPN gameplan. And I know you can pay for a single day of that.

If it is on GAMEPLAN then it is easier to get. Otherwise only certain ISPs have access to ESPN3.com.......

TheBisonator
11-28-2010, 02:44 AM

I think I can actually get it on Comcast in Minneapolis now...

onbison09
11-28-2010, 02:45 AM
It says "Live on ESPN Syndication" on the bracket on ncaa.com so it may be Altititude and some other channels in the 600s on DirecTV (don't know about Dish or any others) so you may get it.

TheBisonator
11-28-2010, 02:46 AM
It says "Live on ESPN Syndication" on the bracket on ncaa.com so it may be Altititude and some other channels in the 600s on DirecTV (don't know about Dish or any others) so you may get it.

ESPN syndicated games on "Big East Network" and "SEC Network" are shown on the DirecTV 600's, so that might be a good indicator.

coloradobison
11-28-2010, 02:48 AM
My TV guide in Denver currently shows "Division I Football Tournament" at Noon MST on Saturday next week - LIVE On Altitude...

WYOBISONMAN
11-28-2010, 02:51 AM
My TV guide in Denver currently shows "Division I Football Tournament" at Noon MST on Saturday next week - LIVE On Altitude...

It would make sense for Altitude to carry that game......

tony
11-28-2010, 02:52 AM
QB for Montana State is listed at 5'11.

Denarius McGhee... great arm, great runner. Doesn't seem to have trouble seeing downfield either (yeah, that's a jab at the guys who judge QBs with measuring tape.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj59hFJmh9k

highlights from their last game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8eixBF8-HY

North Side
11-28-2010, 02:54 AM
That game better be on TV or streamed online! Does anyone one have future weather reports for Saturday? I think bad weather favors us. Those games tend to be low scoring smash mouth football.

NorDakBobcat
11-28-2010, 02:54 AM
Based on the one game I watched (tonight), you guys have a pretty decent running game. Should be a battle on that front as we held Taiwan Jones, the Big Sky leader in rushing, to 63 yards on 12 carries (avg 135 ypg). Granted he got injured in the second half, but the Cats were up big so not sure he would have gotten many more carries. Your secondary looks pretty good, one of the DB's had an impressive INT. They better step up next week if they hope to control McGhee and all the Cats receivers, or hope for some nasty weather. Hard to predict off of one viewing, but even without my bias I have to give the edge to MSU with a bye coming in (Ash is 4-0 as HC for the Cats coming off a bye) and the home field. Weather may be a factor but not giving the edge to the Cats in that regard as I am a North Dakotan and know where the s#!ttier weather lies.

TQ16
11-28-2010, 02:57 AM
Game is at noon. What's the story on tickets?

Hopeful-Bison-Baller
11-28-2010, 03:02 AM
This team wont lose to Montana State.

NDSU 26
Montana State 17

NorDakBobcat
11-28-2010, 03:02 AM
That game better be on TV or streamed online! Does anyone one have future weather reports for Saturday? I think bad weather favors us. Those games tend to be low scoring smash mouth football.

That's what the Griz were saying with the weather leading up to Cat/Griz (North Dakota weather, negative windchill, coldest game I have been to) but we were able to transition to smashmouth football. It may level the playing field a bit as it may keep the Bizon within range and turnovers.

NorDakBobcat
11-28-2010, 03:04 AM
As for if the game is on tv. It will be on in MT statewide on MaxMedia as it has been all season. So you may have local broadcasting rights in ND also and can enjoy your annoying commentators. It will also be on ESPN Gameplan/ESPN3.com.

perthbison
11-28-2010, 03:05 AM
[QUOTE=NorDakBobcat;4393 Weather may be a factor but not giving the edge to the Cats in that regard as I am a North Dakotan and know where the s#!ttier weather lies.[/QUOTE]

You realize that the Bizon play inside the Dome?

NorDakBobcat
11-28-2010, 03:12 AM
You realize that the Bizon play inside the Dome?

Yeah I realize you play inside a quonset, but the players still go outside don't they? What I was getting at is they aren't going to be afraid of a little bad weather like a team from further south, made up of players from the south. I think that the Bizon will be able to handle the elements. But I realize weather will still be an issue as it changes game plans and creates more turnovers. The Cats still have to deal with the weather also.

Kevin
11-28-2010, 03:13 AM
Yeah I realize you play inside a quonset, but the players still go outside don't they? What I was getting at is they aren't going to be afraid of a little bad weather like a team from further south, made up of players from the south. I think that the Bizon will be able to handle the elements. But I realize weather will still be an issue as it changes game plans and creates more turnovers. The Cats still have to deal with the weather also.

Do the Bobcats have a fan forum like this?

WYOBISONMAN
11-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Do the Bobcats have a fan forum like this?

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/index.php?sid=6b7ddca6f6f2a7790097cbbff4f4bebd

NorDakBobcat
11-28-2010, 03:16 AM
bobcatnation.com

We welcome visitors from another team as long as you show respect and keep the s#!t talking to the smack forum. And just ignore the Griz trolls, they know no better.

Kevin
11-28-2010, 03:17 AM
http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/index.php?sid=6b7ddca6f6f2a7790097cbbff4f4bebd

Thanks. Not sure how I missed that in my brief google search.

stevdock
11-28-2010, 03:30 AM
I've already started praying for a Montana blizzard (think it will favor us) and an Eastern ND blizzard (as I am coaching a bball tourney during our Bison game).

No_Skill
11-28-2010, 04:28 AM
bobcatnation.com

We welcome visitors from another team as long as you show respect and keep the s#!t talking to the smack forum. And just ignore the Griz trolls, they know no better.

...says the guy who insults our dome.

NorDakBobcat
11-28-2010, 04:36 AM
...says the guy who insults our dome.

Sorry, guess I didn't know there was any difference between the two.:)

Is it not a quonset becuase it's roof is not made out of corrugated steel?:)

99Bison
11-28-2010, 04:52 AM
It's a brick building... the term dome is a misnomer.

EmeraldCityBison
11-28-2010, 05:28 AM
Sorry, guess I didn't know there was any difference between the two.:)

Is it not a quonset becuase it's roof is not made out of corrugated steel?:)

Think of the Fargodome as a mini Alamo Dome.

It bears no resemblance to a quonset.

bisoneer
11-28-2010, 05:35 AM
I've got to get a heater in my mustang so I can head to Bozeman on Friday... GO HERD!!!!!

NorDakBobcat
11-28-2010, 05:41 AM

Wow, sorry for an attempt at humor that did not come across as such. My brother owns a family farm in SW ND, I know what a quonset is. Also my idea of s#!t talking and good natured humor are different. I did not come over and start trashing your team and did not mean to trash your stadium, just trying to have a little fun. Guess I was wrong on that front, sorry and I will try better next time.

As for the FargoDome, it appears from the few pics and tonights game it is a really nice dome. It is the SuperDome compared to NAU's and ISU's domes in the BSC.

EndZoneQB
11-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Wow, sorry for an attempt at humor that did not come across as such. My brother owns a family farm in SW ND, I know what a quonset is. Also my idea of s#!t talking and good natured humor are different. I did not come over and start trashing your team and did not mean to trash your stadium, just trying to have a little fun. Guess I was wrong on that front, sorry and I will try better next time.

As for the FargoDome, it appears from the few pics and tonights game it is a really nice dome. It is the SuperDome compared to NAU's and ISU's domes in the BSC.

Don't mind them. We are just protective of our "dome" considering all the (in our opinion) subpar domes around :) UNI, USD, your new conference mate UND, ISU, NAU, etc etc

SportsLover
11-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Maybe we should think about holding a practice outside this week on Dakota Field so we get used to 3hrs of football outside. Idk just an idea putting it out there. Obviously its not going to be as bad as MSU and Montana but it wont be a controlled 70 degree football game.

sambini
11-28-2010, 09:52 AM
There is a farm show in the Fargodome this week, The new fieldturf practice field at Dacotah field will get used...

Gully
11-28-2010, 01:07 PM

Why did you post a picture of the alerus?

tony
11-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Why did you post a picture of the alerus?

To show what a quonset looks like, I'd imagine.

DjKyRo
11-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Maybe we should think about holding a practice outside this week on Dakota Field so we get used to 3hrs of football outside. Idk just an idea putting it out there. Obviously its not going to be as bad as MSU and Montana but it wont be a controlled 70 degree football game.

I'd be very surprised if the coaches aren't way ahead of you on this. Something tells me they're at least smart enough to know that game outside in December =/= game in the FFD.

bisonmike2
11-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Things that work in our favor.

We already have a playoff game under our belt. MSU just spent a holiday weekend at home waiting to find out who they were going to play. I hope they were getting fat off turkey and stuffing, because our team just spent a week eating, breathing and living football.

And now that we have that playoff victory under our belt the pressure is off. All week, all you heard was first playoff home game in 18 years, first FCS playoff game, we backed into the playoffs, we're playing a team with less schollies that will beat us, etc, etc. It's done, we played well and we won. We will go into this game as underdogs and this team isn't going to be under any pressure to meet expectations. We already did that. MSU is now going to be under the microscope. We'll see how they handle it.

KilldeerBison
11-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Sounds like C. Wilson will play:), that's good news!

A1pigskin
11-28-2010, 02:20 PM
I think our D will do the job, but will our O?

yellowstone60
11-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Griz fan here, and wife is NDSU alumni....we will be at the game and cheering for the Bison! (although I will be wearing maroon!) Cat QB is good, he can throw to many different receivers, or can tuck and run as well. keep the pressure on him. TOP will be important, protect the ball, win the turnover game. You guys seem to be able to put up alot of points, cat defense is suspect...just do it!
I don't know how you guys travel, but the kitties never fill their stadium, hope alot of you can come, safe travels to you all.

GO BISON !!!

cats2506
11-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Griz fan here, and wife is NDSU alumni....we will be at the game and cheering for the Bison! (although I will be wearing maroon!) Cat QB is good, he can throw to many different receivers, or can tuck and run as well. keep the pressure on him. TOP will be important, protect the ball, win the turnover game. You guys seem to be able to put up alot of points, cat defense is suspect...just do it!
I don't know how you guys travel, but the kitties never fill their stadium, hope alot of you can come, safe travels to you all.

GO BISON !!!

Cat defense is suspect but still held your pluffy offense to 14 :nod:

yellowstone60
11-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Cat defense is suspect but still held your pluffy offense to 14 :nod:
Bison O would beat this years Griz so they should make a plaything of the kitties...

GO BISON !

cats2506
11-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Things that work in our favor.

We already have a playoff game under our belt. MSU just spent a holiday weekend at home waiting to find out who they were going to play. I hope they were getting fat off turkey and stuffing, because our team just spent a week eating, breathing and living football.

And now that we have that playoff victory under our belt the pressure is off. All week, all you heard was first playoff home game in 18 years, first FCS playoff game, we backed into the playoffs, we're playing a team with less schollies that will beat us, etc, etc. It's done, we played well and we won. We will go into this game as underdogs and this team isn't going to be under any pressure to meet expectations. We already did that. MSU is now going to be under the microscope. We'll see how they handle it.

Good points, the Cats have had a weak to heal and come down from ending um's season, our team is pretty level headed and wont overlook NDSU. We are probably as healthy we have been all season. Should be a good game, the "bizon" defense looks tough and thier QB is getting back to form. MSU is pretty balanced on offense and it should be a good game.

cats2506
11-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Bison O would beat this years Griz so they should make a plaything of the kitties...

GO BISON !

Thats a pretty big club, (teams that would beat um this year):rofl:

Bobcat Guest
11-28-2010, 03:03 PM

GO BISON !!!
Funny little troll. We are currently at 110.02% capacity this year with all sellouts.

I'm really looking forward to this game. The way these brackets are set up using geography as a criteria, I suspect we may face you guys for many years to come this time of year. Dare I say this could be the start of a playoff rivalry? I sure hope so. Great win yesterday and we hope to see you guys in Bozeman next Saturday. :nod:

yellowstone60
11-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Thats a pretty big club, (teams that would beat um this year):rofl:
gee yeah, you beat us by FIVE points. and won't take us again for another 10 plus years....

GO BISON !

cats2506
11-28-2010, 03:13 PM
gee yeah, you beat us by FIVE points. and won't take us again for another 10 plus years....

GO BISON !

equipment check in was last week :nod: go back to e-fizz and console your buddys about the end of a dynasty :biggrin:

NorDakBobcat
11-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Do we really have to bring our Cat/Griz s#!t to this board, seriously leave it to our own message boards. Nobody wants to hear it over here.

TheBisonator
11-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Do we really have to bring our Cat/Griz s#!t to this board, seriously leave it to our own message boards. Nobody wants to hear it over here.

Hey, we bring our Bison/Sioux crap over to AGS, so we really can't complain about you Montanans bringing your baggage over here...:D

TAILG8R
11-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Hey, we bring our Bison/Sioux crap over to AGS, so we really can't complain about you Montanans bringing your baggage over here...:D

SWho is this Sioux you speak of?

NorDakBobcat
11-28-2010, 05:10 PM
I have seen a few references to a rainforest on both forums, just curious what this is about. Is it a bunch of fanboys?

HandoEX
11-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Sounds like C. Wilson will play:), that's good news!

Willson is a guy we definately need back. We are really thin at LB right now with he and Anderson out.

tony
11-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Willson is a guy we definately need back. We are really thin at LB right now with he and Anderson out.

Thought that I heard that both Anderson and Willson going to be ready for next week.

lakesbison
11-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Screw the grizz. We can all agree on that.

cats2506
11-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Thought that I heard that both Anderson and Willson going to be ready for next week.

I thought I had heard they would be back to somewhere, what was the nature of their injuries? just wondering how close to 100% they would be.

cats2506
11-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Screw the grizz. We can all agree on that.

no its FTG

But yes we can agree in the sentiment

Jay
11-28-2010, 05:53 PM
I thought I had heard they would be back to somewhere, what was the nature of their injuries? just wondering how close to 100% they would be.

Willson had an appendectomy, and I believe Anderson was a shoulder injury. He's been banged up a lot.

cats2506
11-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Willson had an appendectomy, and I believe Anderson was a shoulder injury. He's been banged up a lot.

Im gonna guess that if the Dr's clear they guy with the appendectomy then he will be very close to 100%. reoccurring shoulder problems are kind of a crap shoot then, could have a good game or not.

CelticCat
11-28-2010, 06:15 PM
You know it's sad when Griz fans are so bitter they A) find our first round opponents message board just to talk crap about us, and B) make plans to travel to Bozeman for the sole purpose of rooting against the Cats.

With that said, I watched NDSU against RMU and I wasn't overly impressed with either team, but NDSU has a pretty solid defense. Our RB Orenzo Davis runs pretty similar to the RMU back; a lot of cutbacks, very shifty. But Davis has more power and hits the holes quicker.

A lot of the stat lines in this game favor MSU, but our defense has been all over the place this year. We have struggled a bit with powerful running backs, so McNorton could give us some trouble. We have tried to arm tackle those bigger backs, and it bites us.

I was impressed with NDSU's DLine, and if they are able to get to McGhee (a very hard task I might add, only 13 sacks given up all year) then it could kill some MSU drives.

MSU D seems to play better against traditional offenses, so I'm hoping we can contain NDSU's running game.

NDSUstudent
11-28-2010, 06:17 PM

Anderson has stingers, they have plagued him constantly. Bohl said he is probable.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Bison will come in confident and pumped and will win this game.

Bison- 24
Pussycats- 21

Bison bison
11-28-2010, 08:26 PM
I watched NDSU against RMU and I wasn't overly impressed with either team

thanks for the insight.

BisonNeil
11-28-2010, 08:30 PM
There is a farm show in the Fargodome this week, The new fieldturf practice field at Dacotah field will get used...

That's a good thing actually! I think the Bison should practice outdoors when they play outdoors on any given Saturday. The farm show forces the issue.

DjKyRo
11-28-2010, 08:44 PM
You know it's sad when Griz fans are so bitter they A) find our first round opponents message board just to talk crap about us, and B) make plans to travel to Bozeman for the sole purpose of rooting against the Cats.

I feel ya, we had some Siouxage fans at the Fargodome cheering for RMU. Losers.

CelticCat
11-28-2010, 08:56 PM
thanks for the insight.

Glad you just quoted that part, and not the rest of my post.

perthbison
11-28-2010, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=CelticCat;439887] We have struggled a bit with powerful running backs, so McNorton could give us some trouble. We have tried to arm tackle those bigger backs, and it bites us.

McNorton isn't so much a power back as a speed back. If they use him right he'll be as good as anyone you've faced.

CelticCat
11-28-2010, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=CelticCat;439887] We have struggled a bit with powerful running backs, so McNorton could give us some trouble. We have tried to arm tackle those bigger backs, and it bites us.

McNorton isn't so much a power back as a speed back. If they use him right he'll be as good as anyone you've faced.

Yea, maybe power pack wasn't the right word, but he looked like a good combination of speed and toughness, he looked hard to tackle against RMU.

bisonmike2
11-29-2010, 12:21 AM
I feel ya, we had some Siouxage fans at the Fargodome cheering for RMU. Losers.

Really? So they paid money to come to the game to cheer against us? I hate UND as much as anybody, but I wouldn't support their athletic department by purchasing a ticket just so I could cheer against them. Losers.

ndsubison1
11-29-2010, 12:23 AM
Really? So they paid money to come to the game to cheer against us? I hate UND as much as anybody, but I wouldn't support their athletic department by purchasing a ticket just so I could cheer against them. Losers.

yeah. i saw two sioux fans at half and i asked them when do the sioux play? the guy then turned around and said "tonight vs. notre dame." lol

onbison09
11-29-2010, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE=perthbison;440001]

Yea, maybe power pack wasn't the right word, but he looked like a good combination of speed and toughness, he looked hard to tackle against RMU.

That's what she said. :bow:

Tatanka
11-29-2010, 02:15 AM
yeah. i saw two sioux fans at half and i asked them when do the sioux play? the guy then turned around and said "tonight vs. notre dame." lol

And yet, they weren't there but they shelled out $$$ to watch the Bison. I for one recognize their desire to finally see a quality football team at home in North Dakota. Now cheering for the other team, that's just an outward sign that it takes a while to exorcise the stupid, which was obviously still work in process.

TheBisonator
11-29-2010, 02:27 AM
yeah. i saw two sioux fans at half and i asked them when do the sioux play? the guy then turned around and said "tonight buthockey." lol

FIFY. 10 char

Civil06
11-29-2010, 02:38 AM
It doesn't make up for the downstreamer's douche fans, but I did see one UND student athlete (who has a sibling that plays for a non-football NDSU team ;) ) wearing a Bison sweatshirt. I thought that was pretty cool.

Cledus
11-29-2010, 02:56 AM
Some fat to chew on...

MSU is 6-0 at home this year. At home they've scored 242 points and given up 114. Those compute to averages of 40 to 19.

Of course it's possible that MSU could come out flat and never really get into a rhythm (refer to NAU). That's certainly one way for the Bison to win. The other way would be to force turnovers.

MSU went through a stretch mid season where the offense couldn't give away the football fast enough. They managed to hold on to the ball the final two games.

Other than those two things, there's really no chance to stop our offense other than to keep them off the field.

I don't know if I really buy that MSU has a power running game. I think it's the mere threat of the retarded passing attack that forces the defense to beef up the secondary and thus leaves some lanes open for the runners to succeed.

For those who are able to get to Bozeman, travel safe and have a great time! Oh, and FTG. ;)

HerdBot
11-29-2010, 03:19 AM
No disrespect to the Cats. They are a great team but I am VERY confident we will win this game. They haven't faced a defense like ours all season and we are healthy with depth. The worse the weather the better. Snow favors a power running game which is our strength. Our defense will shut down the run and it will turn into our style of game. We win a low scoring game by 3.

Bison- 13
Cats- 10

Outdoors? Most of our players hail from the midwest. Our entire front 7 comes from ND, SD, MN, and IL. You think they will freak out because of the cold? They will laugh at the weather. Besides, a week of practicing at Dacotah Field will get them used to it.

MSUcats91
11-29-2010, 03:51 AM
Bison- 13
Cats- 10

NDSU is a very good team, and they may win this game, they may not. But there is NO WAY they go into Bozeman and hold the bobcats to 10 points. Thats just homerism. Heck, Bob Morris scored 17 in your house, for petes sake.

I know the bison D is very good, but even if they hold MSU to 1/2 of their average home score of 40, the bison O is gonna have to score in the 20's to win this game. 13 wont get it done in Bozeman.

EDIT: I didn't mean to bash you Gabe - your post was good, and respectful. I'm just disagreeing with your score prediction.

TheBisonator
11-29-2010, 03:58 AM
NDSU is a very good team, and they may win this game, they may not. But there is NO WAY they go into Bozeman and hold the bobcats to 10 points. Thats just homerism. Heck, Bob Morris scored 17 in your house, for petes sake.

I know the bison D is very good, but even if they hold MSU to 1/2 of their average home score of 40, the bison O is gonna have to score in the 20's to win this game. 13 wont get it done in Bozeman.

I have a feeling both teams will have trouble scoring in this game.

ndsubison1
11-29-2010, 04:01 AM

bobcats will get some points. but our defense is very tough. i cant imagine you guys getting anymore than 30. i see this game being in the teens.

MSUcats91
11-29-2010, 04:08 AM
bobcats will get some points. but our defense is very tough. i cant imagine you guys getting anymore than 30. i see this game being in the teens.

I know it, NDSU has a very tough D. I'm expecting something more along the lines of 24-20. (unless there's a blizzard or something crazy - then the score could be much lower. so far, doesn't look like it.)

CarringtonBison
11-29-2010, 04:11 AM
28-27 Bison pull out a squeeker

MSUcats91
11-29-2010, 04:22 AM
To me, the question is: Which MSU team shows up - the one that thumped Eastern Washington 30-7, or the one that squeaked by Idaho State and Northern Colorado by 2-3 points.

MSU turned the ball over 4 times in each of those games. They still managed to win them, but those are games MSU should have dominated. Our QB and RB had a bad case of fumble-itis for a while. It seemed to have been corrected in our last 2 games vs. Weber and Montana. But its possible it happens again. If so, the bobcats are in trouble. If not, I think we'll win a close one at home.

HerdBot
11-29-2010, 04:22 AM

EDIT: I didn't mean to bash you Gabe - your post was good, and respectful. I'm just disagreeing with your score prediction.

No disrespect at all. The first drive of the game was a perfectly constructed drive they must have spent a week on. After that they couldn't do much. The 2nd was aided by a BS 15 yard late hit penalty when the guy was still inbounds. The 3rd score was a record field goal from a kicker who made 3 all season.

This D has not given up a TD 5 times this year and 8 times they allowed only 1 TD. They held Kansas to a field goal and Missouri States high powered offense to a field goal. The only games we struggled in were due to some major injuries. Now we are completely healthy.

Bonus they like to score in D!

Its the offense I worrry about!

MSUcats91
11-29-2010, 04:31 AM
Oh ya. Injuries have hurt the bobcats as well, mostly on Defense.

When we beat Eastern Wash, we lost 3 starters (DE, MLB, CB) and lost a S soon after. we didn't get them back for a long time, and it definitely showed, as our defense got lit up several times...
The good news for us is those guys are all back now, and I expect the defense to play more like they did early in the season. (hoping, anyway!)

MSUcats91
11-29-2010, 05:07 AM
So tell me about your defense - who are the studs, are they best at stuffing the run, rushing the passer, hows the secondary, etc.

HerdBot
11-29-2010, 05:19 AM
So tell me about your defense - who are the studs, are they best at stuffing the run, rushing the passer, hows the secondary, etc.

Solid from top to bottom. Total team effort. Young guys. Seniors. Gratzek is the best lineman. He gets doubled and still produces.

MSUcats91
11-29-2010, 05:22 AM
Solid from top to bottom. Total team effort. Young guys. Seniors. Gratzek is the best lineman. He gets doubled and still produces.

is he #70? the only time I've seen NDSU play was saturday night's game, streaming online... so it was hard to really see alot. But I remember a #70 (i think?) being a beast.

MNLonghorn10
11-29-2010, 05:25 AM

what about holding kansas to 3 points?

MSUcats91
11-29-2010, 05:31 AM
what about holding kansas to 3 points?

Thats scary! very impressive. I didn't see that game, in fact the only game I've seen is the Bob Morris game, and that was streaming video on a small window on my computer... so thats my only frame of reference.

ndsubison1
11-29-2010, 05:40 AM

Gratzek DT # 70, Preston Evans #44 MLB, #56 Brandon Jemison #56 OLB, Daniel Eaves #7 FS, Colton Heagle #20 SS, Marcus Williams #1 CB.

Gratzek DT- great in both the passing and rushing game. It is very tough to run up the middle on him. It also seems like whomever is across from will be getting their ass on the ground several times a game and will lose the majority of the time in that battle.

Preston Evans MLB- Very good at stopping the run. He reads it so well. He will crush you. He hits the gaps hard and can make tackles all over the field. Leads the team in tackles. Tends to struggle in the passing game. Will usually leave the field on 3rd down and obvious passing situations.

Brandon Jemison OLB- Undersized but an athletic and fast LB. He flies around the field. He hits very hard and plays pretty physically for his size. He is decent to average in the passing game. Will usually leave the field on 3rd down.

Daniel Eaves FS- Bone crushing hitter. Sealed our win at Kansas by crushing their TE forcing a fumble to win it. Pretty good at coming up and making a good hit. Very good in pass coverage. Rarely gets beat. Above average tackler. Leads team in interceptions with 4.

Colton Heagle SS- True frosh SS. He is very good and has changed the identity of our secondary since overtaking the starting spot half way through the season. Arguably our hardest hitter. Very, very good against the run. Reads the run so well and will have a few tackles behind the LOS every game. He's average in the pass game. Sometimes leaves on 3rd down. Should get better though. He's the best SS we've had since 2006

Marcus Williams CB- Probably our most athletic player on the team. Good cover corner who will defend your top WR. Makes good reads on the ball and can hit from time to time. Below average tackler. Which is his only weak area. Above average in pass coverage. Has a few picks. He rarely gives up big plays and rarely gets beat. Tends to make a frosh mistake from time to time. But still pretty good.

ndsubison1
11-29-2010, 05:42 AM
I also forgot Colter Boyer #92 DE. Fast, finesse defensive end. Gets to the QB quite a bit and is very athletic. He's swatted a few passes this year and seems to disrupt the offense often.

MNLonghorn10
11-29-2010, 05:43 AM
Thats scary! very impressive. I didn't see that game, in fact the only game I've seen is the Bob Morris game, and that was streaming video on a small window on my computer... so thats my only frame of reference.

yea, it was a defense ive never seen before, i was at the ku/ndsu game and really ku never got ANYTHING going...shocking especially after ndsu's defense in 2009 was so damn bad.

just thought id throw that out there, incase you missed it...ndsu's defense is good enough to win games on the road, thats for sure.

but to be equally unbiased....the quarterbacks on the team, aren't goin to make your d. coordinator lose sleep. id be surprised if jensen would be the main reason if ndsu wins this week.

its really about mcnorton, and the defense.

MSUcats91
11-29-2010, 05:50 AM
Thanks Ming, thats great info. Sounds like your D will match up pretty well with our offense.

Not sure who Williams will cover - probably Julius Lloyd - but we dont really have a #1 WR oddly enough, we have 4 guys with 500-600 yards each. All 4 of them have different strengths, and all 4 have been the "go-to" guy in different games this year.

Our running game has really been strong all season (with the exception of the NAU debacle). Orenzo Davis has 1000+ yards, and CJ Palmer is also a talented RB who spells Davis quite often. Sounds like you guys are very tough against the run. It will be an interesting matchup to see whether MSU can do anything on the ground.

MSUcats91
11-29-2010, 05:55 AM
yea, it was a defense ive never seen before, i was at the ku/ndsu game and really ku never got ANYTHING going...shocking especially after ndsu's defense in 2009 was so damn bad.

just thought id throw that out there, incase you missed it...ndsu's defense is good enough to win games on the road, thats for sure.

but to be equally unbiased....the quarterbacks on the team, aren't goin to make your d. coordinator lose sleep. id be surprised if jensen would be the main reason if ndsu wins this week.

its really about mcnorton, and the defense.

I have no doubt NDSU is capable of winning this game. MSU has had their struggles defending the run this year - but I gotta think it was due to alot of injuries... we contained Taiwan Jones of Eastern Wash. very well but lost 3 starters in that game, and got gashed pretty bad over the next 4-5 games.
The good news for MSU fans is that the defense is basically healthy again. I'm curious to see what they can do vs. McNorton.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-29-2010, 07:42 AM

gastropub in fargo can get it

NDSUFan_Sav
11-29-2010, 07:48 AM

coaches are already on top of that

DjKyRo
11-29-2010, 12:48 PM

Our D-line has been very strong this year led by senior DT #70 Gratzek. He's just an absolute animal, had one play where his helmet got ripped off, then he chased down the ball carrier and brought him down for minimal gain where you could see his face and everything. Junior DE #92 Coulter Boyer has won Conference Defensive POTW, has multiple FF's and FR's as well as team leader in sacks. RFr. #69 Leevon Perry has shown some very good things as a freshman and has made some big plays including a pair of FR's against SIU, but in that game he also threw a punch which probably should've gotten him suspended. Finally, RE Scott Stoczynski has been pretty quiet but has a number of sacks and has made some noise at times. We've been able to get a very good pass rush from our front four this year and it's been a huge part of the defense's mass turnaround from last year's sub-par performance.

Our linebackers are a little thin right now as our starter at LOLB and backup LB are both questionable with injury, senior Matt Anderson has a number of INTs including a massively clutch one in the endzone vs. Kansas but has had a number od scratches which have accumulated. His replacement is true freshman Grant Olson who was very highly-touted coming in and nearly forced a safety on Saturday vs. RMU. Jr. Preston Evans is the core of our LB group at Mike, he's the team leader in tackles and has been a rock on defense and seems to always end up in double-digits. Soph. Brandon Jemison starts the final spot and has been ridiculous the past few games with a number of big hits. He started as a true freshman last year and has come into this year looking like all that is man.

Our secondary is vastly improved this year from last as well. Freshman Marcus Williams has a big pass breakup in just about every game this season and a number of picks to go along with it, very athletic and fast and has maybe two breakdowns on the year. Jr. Daniel Eaves has been a beast at the FS position, he's generated something like seven turnovers between big hits for FF's and INT's including one for a TD against In. State. true freshman Colton Heagle has been a very pleasant surprise at the SS position, replacing starter Cyrus Lemon about halfway through the season. He's had a nose for the ball and has jacked some people up including #23 for SDSU, a play where the receiver came across the middle and Heagle absolutely laid him out, the Dome went nuts. Also showed great timing in a few tackles for loss on rush plays. Finally, Sr. CB Josh Gatlin was a backup for about half the season then was made a starter and has made some big plays. Very athletic and pretty tall for a corner, but has three INT's including a pick-six against SDSU.

That's about it!

CaBisonFan
11-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Ball control in the elements will be the key. The last time we played there I believe that the elements affected our play some. It wasn't bad outside...but my gut said that we didn't adjust to playing outside very well.

The offensive line 'must' come out breathing fire like they did last weekend. They are the key to this game. If they play well...we're in the game.

HerdBot
11-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Ball control in the elements will be the key. The last time we played there I believe that the elements affected our play some. It wasn't bad outside...but my gut said that we didn't adjust to playing outside very well.

The offensive line 'must' come out breathing fire like they did last weekend. They are the key to this game. If they play well...we're in the game.

Last time we played them it was early in the year. Weather was not a factor. Steve Walker threw a pick on a deflected pass in the red zone. We missed a field goal too. I remember thinking we should have won that game. We dominated the line and controlled the clock.

roadwarrior
11-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Last time we played them it was early in the year. Weather was not a factor. Steve Walker threw a pick on a deflected pass in the red zone. We missed a field goal too. I remember thinking we should have won that game. We dominated the line and controlled the clock.

It was early in the year, but the temp was in the 30s with a pretty stiff wind.

Gully
11-29-2010, 02:23 PM
I think it should be a competitive game but if I pick with my head I'd have to go with MSU. If their QB is anywhere as good as advertised he could give us trouble. Even when our defense was very good a few years ago, Sam Houston State moved the ball up and down the field with ease by making precision passes and taking what the defense gave him. That will always be available against our zone if we don't get pressure on the QB. Granted, it takes a great QB to do that drive after drive without making mistakes but that's the formula for beating our zone defense. We make them go the long hard way and usually someone screws up with an errant throw or holding penalty or something.

All that said, we certainly have a chance and if we get some improved O-line and QB play we could win.

tony
11-29-2010, 02:26 PM
That RMU QB is nowhere near as quick as MSU's QB and he was getting outside our LBs with ease. The guys will have to do better this week.

bisonfan11
11-29-2010, 02:27 PM
MSU-20
NDSU-17

I hope I am wrong. I think that our defense will keep us in the game and limit Montana State's offense, however our offense has been hit or miss at best. If the O-line can protect Jensen and give McNorton some generous running lanes we have a chance. If Jensen gets beat up and McNorton can't get it going it will be a Montana State win.

NDSUstudent
11-29-2010, 02:30 PM
The good thing for us and our young team is that by playing RMU we got rid of any of those playoff jitters. Now we can play loose on Saturday, hopefully that helps us get off to a quick start.

runtheoption
11-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Quite a bit of in-depth, lengthy analysis of our defense. Now how about the offense? Should be a bit shorter... :hide:

tony
11-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Quite a bit of in-depth, lengthy analysis of our defense. Now how about the offense? Should be a bit shorter... :hide:

Spotty (10 chars)

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-29-2010, 03:06 PM

We have one great defense. It all depends on the weather, if it's nice, we will see a shootout, but if it is windy and cold, I expect us to stop you and your QB, I think NDSU will still win this game with their defense and with some offensive moments, I predicted 24-21 with your QB being held to less than 150 yards passing.

THE HERD
11-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks Ming, thats great info. Sounds like your D will match up pretty well with our offense.

Not sure who Williams will cover - probably Julius Lloyd - but we dont really have a #1 WR oddly enough, we have 4 guys with 500-600 yards each. All 4 of them have different strengths, and all 4 have been the "go-to" guy in different games this year.

Our running game has really been strong all season (with the exception of the NAU debacle). Orenzo Davis has 1000+ yards, and CJ Palmer is also a talented RB who spells Davis quite often. Sounds like you guys are very tough against the run. It will be an interesting matchup to see whether MSU can do anything on the ground.

If you get a lot of yards on the ground, most likely they will be coming from your QB as we have had some problems with real athletic QB's, such as UNI's Renne, but that was early in the season and hopefully we learned something from it, but he absolutely chewed us up!:banghead:

HerdBot
11-29-2010, 03:17 PM
It was early in the year, but the temp was in the 30s with a pretty stiff wind.

You were there... i just remember watching on Tv thinking it looked pretty nice. Colder and windier will work to our advantage. How bout a damn blizzard for old time sake!

344Johnson
11-29-2010, 03:43 PM
I am thoroughly enjoying reading all of this. Notice there is no real bickering or trolling led by MSU fans....Classy fans from a classy school apparently.

If only all UNI guys were like this, (although Captain kitty certainly got less annoying).

Best chance we have to win is like all of us are saying, Cold weather, good defense. Productive ground attack and maybe, just maybe we hit Warren deep....hopefully early or at start of 2nd have. Big game for the Herd and while my brain says we lose....My gut says we should be in for a fun...albeit at times frustrating football game. Gooooo HERD!

Yours truly, representing Johnson Hall's 3rd Floor,

344Johnson

unbison
11-29-2010, 05:57 PM
I am not sure how cold is to our advantage they live there play in it everyday.....I c cold weather as an advantage over teams that are not used to it

westnodak93bison
11-29-2010, 06:07 PM
the forecasted high temp got bumped up from 25 to 29 since I checked yesterday.. who knows by Saturday it could be in the mid 30's

cats2506
11-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Perfect football weather

Saturday: A slight chance of snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=45.658447607958344&lon=-111.04568481445312&site=tfx&smap=1&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

Montana Bison
11-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Concerns.... Montana State has an awesome QB that probably should be at FBS level. Cold weather, Which offense is going to show up?

Going to have to miss the game :-( Hopefully on statewide tv. But i have a good reason.... Have to butcher 2 COW ELK, and a nice buck i got this last weekend.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-29-2010, 06:14 PM
the forecasted high temp got bumped up from 25 to 29 since I checked yesterday.. who knows by Saturday it could be in the mid 30's

friday is suppose to be mid 30s

Montana Bison
11-29-2010, 06:20 PM
I have no doubt NDSU is capable of winning this game. MSU has had their struggles defending the run this year - but I gotta think it was due to alot of injuries... we contained Taiwan Jones of Eastern Wash. very well but lost 3 starters in that game, and got gashed pretty bad over the next 4-5 games.
The good news for MSU fans is that the defense is basically healthy again. I'm curious to see what they can do vs. McNorton.

One thing i think NDSU and MSU can agree on, is a dislike, and down right hatered on there side for the GRIZ... they are like UND fans only worse.

cats2506
11-29-2010, 06:24 PM
One thing i think NDSU and MSU can agree on, is a dislike, and down right hatered on there side for the GRIZ... they are like UND fans only worse.

But hey they are your problem now, we hear that some of them are coming to the game and cheering for NDSU :nod:

thundarsdaddy
11-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Forecast is for a high of 28 degree's, which means probably about 25 at game time.
Also snow is in the forecast, but they have that forecast all week long!
With that said, I think any team quickness advantage M-State might have, will be nullified by the weather.
But the Bison offense wont be able to rely on field goals most likely, so its time to put the ball in the end zone fella's!!!
Its ALSO time to block and tackle..and run good receiver routes..and run your lane on punt or kick-off coverage....bottom line is..fundamentals!!!

Also in, less-than-suitable weather..turnovers become HUGE!!

Nuff Said!!!

Bison...in a close one...16-14(with a safety thrown in)

tony
11-29-2010, 06:26 PM
One thing i think NDSU and MSU can agree on, is a dislike, and down right hatered on there side for the GRIZ... they are like UND fans only there are 18000 more of them at games*.

A) Fixed it for you.
B) There's a lot to like about both Griz or Bobcat fans. :hide:

* Also considered: "only they don't keep trying to talk about hockey."

westnodak93bison
11-29-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm actually concerned about these guys adapting to the weather. When is the last time the Bison played a solid game outside in cold weather?

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 06:40 PM
When is the last time we played a solid game outside, period, whether in cold or otherwise? Central Michigan, Montana, . . . . . somebody come up with one for me please.

THEsocalledfan
11-29-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm actually concerned about these guys adapting to the weather. When is the last time the Bison played a solid game outside in cold weather?

Well, no game recently, but they sure as heck better be out on Dakotah Field all week getting ready for it. Does anyone know if that is what they are doing? Can't remember hearing that they practice inside much.

NDSUstudent
11-29-2010, 06:45 PM
They rolled up the turf at the dome after the game so I'd bet they are outside.

56BISON73
11-29-2010, 06:50 PM
When is the last time we played a solid game outside, period, whether in cold or otherwise? Central Michigan, Montana, . . . . . somebody come up with one for me please.

Central Michigan comes to mind. SIU last year and MSU this year were terrible. They looked slow out there.

roadwarrior
11-29-2010, 06:52 PM

Does Indiana State from last season count?

tony
11-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Guys played pretty well at Kansas this year.

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 07:16 PM
The defense played pretty well at Kansas this year.

Had to change that one a little Tony.

Also, I am looking for a quality win over a quality opponent in an adverse condition or adverse weather scenario--we may have all three here as far our opponent, being on-the-road (pun intended) and cold weather with likely poor footing. They should clear the snow off of the grass practice fields and have at least one full practice on them.

CHADSTAUS
11-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Bison- 24
Them-Less then 24

westnodak93bison
11-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Who does Montana St. compare too offensively and defensively? Are they similar to any of our opponents this year?

MontBison
11-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Montana State put's up a ton of points, however, I have been less than impresses since the EW game and even then they gave up more than 300+ yards of offense. MSU fans will make the argument that the D was bad because Bignell, O'Connel, Carney were all hurt blah blah blah. That still doesn't explain how they got run over by UM. If NDSU finds a way to put up 27 we win this game, I just don't think we can. Therefor
Cats-34
SU-17:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

MontBison
11-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Who does Montana St. compare too offensively and defensively? Are they similar to any of our opponents this year?

Nobody we've seen yet defensively. DMac is seriously the real deal. Their D shouldn't scare us much, but its not like their D-coordinator is losing sleep over our offense.

Walkon79
11-29-2010, 08:36 PM

GO BISON !!!

11 straight sell-outs, D'Bag!!

ndsubison1
11-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Our D-line has been very strong this year led by senior DT #70 Gratzek. He's just an absolute animal, had one play where his helmet got ripped off, then he chased down the ball carrier and brought him down for minimal gain where you could see his face and everything. Junior DE #92 Coulter Boyer has won Conference Defensive POTW, has multiple FF's and FR's as well as team leader in sacks. RFr. #69 Leevon Perry has shown some very good things as a freshman and has made some big plays including a pair of FR's against SIU, but in that game he also threw a punch which probably should've gotten him suspended. Finally, RE Scott Stoczynski has been pretty quiet but has a number of sacks and has made some noise at times. We've been able to get a very good pass rush from our front four this year and it's been a huge part of the defense's mass turnaround from last year's sub-par performance.

Our linebackers are a little thin right now as our starter at LOLB and backup LB are both questionable with injury, senior Matt Anderson has a number of INTs including a massively clutch one in the endzone vs. Kansas but has had a number od scratches which have accumulated. His replacement is true freshman Grant Olson who was very highly-touted coming in and nearly forced a safety on Saturday vs. RMU. Jr. Preston Evans is the core of our LB group at Mike, he's the team leader in tackles and has been a rock on defense and seems to always end up in double-digits. Soph. Brandon Jemison starts the final spot and has been ridiculous the past few games with a number of big hits. He started as a true freshman last year and has come into this year looking like all that is man.

Our secondary is vastly improved this year from last as well. Freshman Marcus Williams has a big pass breakup in just about every game this season and a number of picks to go along with it, very athletic and fast and has maybe two breakdowns on the year. Jr. Daniel Eaves has been a beast at the FS position, he's generated something like seven turnovers between big hits for FF's and INT's including one for a TD against In. State. true freshman Colton Heagle has been a very pleasant surprise at the SS position, replacing starter Cyrus Lemon about halfway through the season. He's had a nose for the ball and has jacked some people up including #23 for SDSU, a play where the receiver came across the middle and Heagle absolutely laid him out, the Dome went nuts. Also showed great timing in a few tackles for loss on rush plays. Finally, Sr. CB Josh Gatlin was a backup for about half the season then was made a starter and has made some big plays. Very athletic and pretty tall for a corner, but has three INT's including a pick-six against SDSU.

That's about it!

or revert to post #94

NDSUFan_Sav
11-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Montana State put's up a ton of points, however, I have been less than impresses since the EW game and even then they gave up more than 300+ yards of offense. MSU fans will make the argument that the D was bad because Bignell, O'Connel, Carney were all hurt blah blah blah. That still doesn't explain how they got run over by UM. If NDSU finds a way to put up 27 we win this game, I just don't think we can. Therefor
Cats-34
SU-17:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

you said if the bison can put up 27 we win the game but yet you still have msu scoring 34 so even if we did put up 27 you'd still have msu scoring more then the bison? :confused:

Walkon79
11-29-2010, 08:57 PM
That still doesn't explain how they got run over by UM.

It's called the zone read and the Griz QB got alot of yards. We focused on Reynolds a little too much in that game. I think our run D will be fine, and we win this game if NDSU has to play from behind.

You guys get off to a quick start and it'll be a dog fight.

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 08:58 PM
you said if the bison can put up 27 we win the game but yet you still have msu scoring 34 so even if we did put up 27 you'd still have msu scoring more then the bison? :confused:

There are only so many points to go around, so 10 more for us means 10 less for them: SU- 27 Cats -24. See how easy that was.:bow:

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 08:59 PM
It's called the zone read and the Griz QB got alot of yards. We focused on Reynolds a little too much in that game. I think our run D will be fine, and we win this game if NDSU has to play from behind.

Do you run this?*

P.S. Please say "no"

cats2506
11-29-2010, 09:00 PM
There are only so many points to go around, so 10 more for us means 10 less for them: SU- 27 Cats -24. See how easy that was.:bow:

WTF, is this zero sum economics or sumtin

THEsocalledfan
11-29-2010, 09:01 PM

So, CAS, as a former player, what has been your opinion of Bison coaching over the last 4 games or so? Have they turned it around? Will they have these guys ready for this big of a game? Or, do you still have major concerns?

Just curious.

Walkon79
11-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Oh, and I appreciate the fact that this is mostly a football thread. Most are being slightly homerish, but that's understandable.

How does the Bison D do against the spread? We can go 5 wide and throw to a number of quality receivers, and DMac is patient and goes through his progressions like no QB we've had in 20 years. Also our star OL Mike Person (Glendive, MT Boy) protects his blind side. DMac hasn't even been touched in the back all year.

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 09:06 PM
WTF, is this zero sum economics or sumtin

NDSU Remedial Math 101--I should know, I passed it!

MontBison
11-29-2010, 09:06 PM

I'm assuming that our offense would be sustaining drives thus keeping them off the field. I believe we wont do that therefor scoring less points.

Cledus
11-29-2010, 09:07 PM

State fans are always better. Always. ;)

MontBison
11-29-2010, 09:08 PM

So by your logic MSU wont focus on our running game thus making MSU the favorite?

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 09:10 PM
So, CAS, as a former player, what has been your opinion of Bison coaching over the last 4 games or so? Have they turned it around? Will they have these guys ready for this big of a game? Or, do you still have major concerns?

Just curious.

No, they have not turned it around--remember, our offensive production game before RM was 120 yards and zero points against a poor defense on grass--do the Cat's math on that one (better D, on grass, and tougher environment). As for the games prior to that, again, no. Terrible play calling, but we got some big pass plays off some nice catches. It still is not there, and I doubt Vigen will be after this year--but, don't get me going there in this thread.

THEsocalledfan
11-29-2010, 09:14 PM
No, they have not turned it around--remember, our offensive production game before RM was 120 yards and zero points against a poor defense on grass--do the Cat's math on that one (better D, on grass, and tougher environment). As for the games prior to that, again, no. Terrible play calling, but we got some big pass plays off some nice catches. It still is not there, and I doubt Vigen will be after this year--but, don't get me going there in this thread.

Thanks for the opinion. I am praying for a miracle with the offense. If Brock could just get it going early, I have a suspicion we can at least hang with these guys. If I was betting, I would bet MSU as that is what my brain is telling me.

Anyone seen a line on this yet?

Walkon79
11-29-2010, 09:14 PM
So by your logic MSU wont focus on our running game thus making MSU the favorite?

No, I think we will focus on the run almost to a fault. I just don't think the Cats handled the Griz zone read, running out of the spread very well. We'll need to make you try to throw the ball to beat us.

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 09:18 PM
No, I think we will focus on the run almost to a fault. I just don't think the Cats handled the Griz zone read, running out of the spread very well. We'll need to make you try to throw the ball to beat us.

We don't run "zone read" out of the spread or otherwise as part of our running package, so tell your coaches to focus on the pass!:D

cats2506
11-29-2010, 09:21 PM
We don't run "zone read" out of the spread or otherwise as part of our running package, so tell your coaches to focus on the pass!:D

we've seen your quarterback, we will focus on the run ;)

THEsocalledfan
11-29-2010, 09:26 PM

That idea worked great for RMU on Saturday for exactly one half.......thus you can understand why we are all hoping our young QB can put together a big game.

BisoninNWMN
11-29-2010, 09:34 PM
That idea worked great for RMU on Saturday for exactly one half.......thus you can understand why we are all hoping our young QB can put together a big game.

Brock has had some growing pains but he has huge potential.

Damn, next year the Bison are going to be a "machine"...:D :D

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 09:38 PM

R you going to answer my question about whether you guys run the "zone read" as you call it. It is otherwise known by a few other names, but let's go with "zone read" Do you run it? If so (or even if not I guess), tell us more about your QB. I understand he is from TX or somewhere south. How long has he been there, what is his size, how well does he run (whether called or scrambling) and what is his size.:nod: Also, if he has a "nickname" that he despises, please inform of us of what that might be so that we don't unknowingly chant it during critical times during the game.:D

Answer Guy
11-29-2010, 09:38 PM
NDSU Remedial Math 101--I should know, I passed it!

Both times? :p

cats2506
11-29-2010, 09:39 PM
R you going to answer my question about whether you guys run the "zone read" as you call it. It is otherwise known by a few other names, but let's go with "zone read" Do you run it? If so (or even if not I guess), tell us more about your QB. I understand he is from TX or somewhere south. How long has he been there, what is his size, how well does he run (whether called or scrambling) and what is his size.:nod: Also, if he has a "nickname" that he despises, please inform of us of what that might be so that we don't unknowingly chant it during critical times during the game.:D

you asked about his size twice, is that a big factor?

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Both times? :p

Well, if you would have seen how hot the instructor was you would understand. She accused me of intentionally flunking and also seemed suspicious when I asked for some extra help after class.

Back to Bison v. MSU please.

runtheoption
11-29-2010, 09:42 PM

Depends on your answer.

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 09:46 PM

We call that a "typo" here. I understand you guys call it forgetting to take off your velcro gloves before attempting to type and after . . .. . well, we don't need to go there. :D

Can you answer the question(s), as I am curious because the a big part in the game.

Grizzled
11-29-2010, 09:47 PM

Thats what she said

cats2506
11-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Depends on your answer.

he's #9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UPqad-WfN4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVss7eQ_QDg

Tatanka
11-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Thats what she said

Grizzled FTW!!!! :rofl:

cats2506
11-29-2010, 09:48 PM
We call that a "typo" here. I understand you guys call it forgetting to take off your velcro gloves before attempting to type and after . . .. . well, we don't need to go there. :D

Can you answer the question(s), as I am curious because the a big part in the game.

5'11" +/- 1"

TAILG8R
11-29-2010, 09:50 PM
I have seen a few post about the cold weather and how that will affect the Bison. I am wondering how well your QB from Texas likes the cold?

cats2506
11-29-2010, 09:53 PM
I have seen a few post about the cold weather and how that will affect the Bison. I am wondering how well your QB from Texas likes the cold?

He loves it, played in 18 degrees with a 20 mile hr wind and snowing in Missoula. Puts his hands down his pants cause he says its the best warmer, If you played in ND or MT you know hes right.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-29-2010, 09:54 PM
5'11" +/- 1"

i think the + 1 is better even though size doesn't always matter ;)

cats2506
11-29-2010, 09:57 PM
here is a nice slide show in some "weather"

http://www.montana.edu/cpa/photography/catgriz/index.html

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 09:58 PM
he's #9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UPqad-WfN4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVss7eQ_QDg

Just watched these--we are in for a major battle Bison fans. We will likely need to play our best game of the season on both sides of the ball and continue to play well on special teams just to stay in this one and have a chance to win in the 4th. Not saying we can't beat them, but the A++++ game better be brought from Fargo to Bozeman, although there once was a Bison FB team that backed its way into the playoffs, and smoked the #1 team in the first round.

TransAmBison
11-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Just watched these--we are in for a major battle Bison fans. We will likely need to play our best game of the season on both sides of the ball and continue to play well on special teams just to stay in this one and have a chance to win in the 4th. Not saying we can't beat them, but the A++++ game better be brought from Fargo to Bozeman, although there once was a Bison FB team that backed its way into the playoffs, and smoked the #1 team in the first round.
Despite inadequate linebacker play. :D

Walkon79
11-29-2010, 10:04 PM

We typically run and throw out of a one-back set. Orenzo Davis (Speed Back) is our feature back and is spelled regularly by CJ Palmer (North/South Guy at about 220# who runs with power and protects the football) We occasionally run out of the I with reserve DL at fullback.

Very capable wideouts and a tight end who catches alot of balls. We'll also go empty and throw out of the spread.

Denarius McGhee is a redshirt Freshman from Euliss, TX. (One of several texas players recruited to MSU in the past 4 years, which includes our star return specialist Everrett Gilbert among others.

DMac won the Texas 5A championship as a senior in HS and was something like 19-1 as a starter. I think he was passed over by the FBS schools because of his size, but they missed the boat big time. Incredible poise, pocket presence and leadership, with a big-time arm. He can make all the throws. (Cat/Griz video and other highlights are out on Youtube, but what impressed me the most this year is how he handled the elements in Missoula)

There are several links on the Nation to hilight videos and pictures. Check him out.

cats2506
11-29-2010, 10:04 PM

24 years to the day,

12/4/1976 MSU 10 NDSU 3 second round playoff game, we went on to win the NC that year

runtheoption
11-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Despite inadequate linebacker play. :D

Oooooooooooooooo, ZING!

Some of the best smack I've heard in a long time. Whatcha got, CAS?

cats2506
11-29-2010, 10:06 PM
We typically run and throw out of a one-back set. Orenzo Davis (Speed Back) is our feature back and is spelled regularly by CJ Palmer (North/South Guy at about 220# who runs with power and protects the football) We occasionally run out of the I with reserve DL at fullback.

Very capable wideouts and a tight end who catches alot of balls. We'll also go empty and throw out of the spread.

Denarius McGhee is a redshirt Freshman from Euliss, TX. (One of several texas players recruited to MSU in the past 4 years, which includes our star return specialist Everrett Gilbert among others.

DMac won the Texas 5A championship as a senior in HS and was something like 19-1 as a starter. I think he was passed over by the FBS schools because of his size, but they missed the boat big time. Incredible poise, pocket presence and leadership, with a big-time arm. He can make all the throws. (Cat/Griz video and other highlights are out on Youtube, but what impressed me the most this year is how he handled the elements in Missoula)

Here's our favorite pic from that game

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47498

27-2 as a starter, including a TX 5A state championship

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 10:09 PM
24 years to the day,

12/4/1976 MSU 10 NDSU 3 second round playoff game, we went on to win the NC that year

I was talking about NDSU in 1985. You guys won the DI-AA NC in 84 with a QB of the last name Bradley from Zumbrota MN.

EndZoneQB
11-29-2010, 10:09 PM
He loves it, played in 18 degrees with a 20 mile hr wind and snowing in Missoula. Puts his hands down his pants cause he says its the best warmer, If you played in ND or MT you know hes right.

LOL, I was explaining this to people in Austin at the game on Thursday. They thought I was batsh*t crazy.

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Oooooooooooooooo, ZING!

Some of the best smack I've heard in a long time. Whatcha got, CAS?

I repped him instead of posting a comeback, as I, unlike him, would prefer to keep things football specific on this thread (see title), but I can't help it if he feels left out for lack of football knowledge.:D

Walkon79
11-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Oh, and DMac is only about 5'11" and a buck 90. When he breaks contain he's always looking down field for the open guy with tuck and run being his last option. Not that he's afraid to take off, but again it shows poise and maturity beyond his years.

Walkon79
11-29-2010, 10:15 PM
27-2 as a starter, including a TX 5A state championship

Thanks Cats2506. Maybe you can post the picture I tried to copy from BobcatNation.... Epic Fail on My Part

cats2506
11-29-2010, 10:17 PM
here is some video highlights from the fizzlies game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8eixBF8-HY

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Oh, and DMac is only about 5'11" and a buck 90. When he breaks contain he's always looking down field for the open guy with tuck and run being his last option. Not that he's afraid to take off, but again it shows poise and maturity beyond his years.

And we have had problems with QB containment all year!!:banghead: :banghead:
I will be looking for inside LB blitz with DE's/DT's maintaining containment. That hurts us, as our DE's/DT's are our best pass rushers. We also have some new blitz packages tho, at least as far as I could tell from our last game.

aces1180
11-29-2010, 10:18 PM
24 years to the day,

Um...34 years, not 24.

Phil Hansen said the same thing on the coach's show yesterday.

cats2506
11-29-2010, 10:19 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/coachouert/4ce8c359d3c13image.jpg

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/billingsgazette.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/b/a2/c88/ba2c88a7-7127-5839-a942-8d28ffa4d729-revisions/4ceb68ff0ff29.image.jpg

cats2506
11-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Um...34 years, not 24.

Phil Hansen said the same thing on the coach's show yesterday.

I only missed it by 10 years :smh:

MNLonghorn10
11-29-2010, 10:22 PM

looks like he has other ways of keepin his hand warm

CAS4127
11-29-2010, 10:23 PM
I only missed it by 10 years :smh:

It's that zero sum economics thing raising it's ugly head again!:D

cats2506
11-29-2010, 10:29 PM
It's that zero sum economics thing raising it's ugly head again!:D

:banghead:

Walkon79
11-29-2010, 10:31 PM

looks like he has other ways of keepin his hand warm

Yeah: I like my cropped version a little better. Not that there's anything wrong with that :)

Herd
11-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Playing on the frozen turf in Bozeman will be a totally different animal than the Fargo fast track. Unfortunately it will netralize our pass rush and make covering receivers a challenge. Playing on a frozen slick surface, advantage MT State with their QB option offense imo. If we were more of a passing team, I'd feel better about it, but with poor footing they will be able to load the box and force us to throw. However, if we are controlling the line of scrimmage, it could be a long day for the cats.

The bison look like they have a little size advantage. The OL of MT state looks a little bit lighter than what we see in the Valley.

NDSUstudent
11-29-2010, 10:35 PM
The Griz need to fire their uniform designer....

cats2506
11-29-2010, 10:37 PM
I hope the keep him, I thought it was a riot, Special holloween unis for Cat/fizz

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff403/mcveyrl/montst.jpg

Cledus
11-29-2010, 10:54 PM

Hell no! They need to promote him to OC! ;)

Walkon79
11-29-2010, 10:57 PM
The bison look like they have a little size advantage. The OL of MT state looks a little bit lighter than what we see in the Valley.

Not a 300 pounder in the bunch, but don't let their size fool you. These guys resemble the college version on the Denver Broncos or 49ers in their prime, but without the nasty cut blocks of the day. They're mobile and will put a hat on you.

cats2506
11-29-2010, 11:09 PM
yep, we have the lightest OL in the Big Sky too, but the most mobile and the best OL Coach

No_Skill
11-29-2010, 11:22 PM

He's cupping the center's balls ever so gently.

Bisonguy
11-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Bison practicing outside tomorrow at 8 am. Probably going to be 10 degrees, 35mph wind, and snow. Sounds like fun.

No_Skill
11-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Bison practicing outside tomorrow at 8 am. Probably going to be 10 degrees, 35mph wind, and snow. Sounds like fun.

I still think it's funny that some of the rubes over on BobcatNation think we'll have a tough time with the elements due to us being a dome team. :rofl:

There were a few that set them straight.

Gully
11-29-2010, 11:39 PM
I still think it's funny that some of the rubes over on BobcatNation think we'll have a tough time with the elements due to us being a dome team. :rofl:

There were a few that set them straight.

I don't think that's crazy at all.

Clawed
11-29-2010, 11:45 PM

Did you get permission from Idaho State to post a picture of their Dome?

rutlandbison
11-30-2010, 01:46 AM
They are practicing right now, in the snow and wind on dacotah field. Or they were when I left the basketball game.

coldspot
11-30-2010, 01:49 AM
They are practicing right now, in the snow and wind on dacotah field. Or they were when I left the basketball game.

practicing in this will make saturday in montana seem balmy

EndZoneQB
11-30-2010, 01:53 AM
Practicing in the cold is ALWAYS worse than playing in it IMO

Bisonguy
11-30-2010, 01:56 AM

Chea, heard that on Bison Feedback tonight. Thought they said 8 AM, but later he said something about tonight, and I'm like, "WTF, for real??" Winter Storm Warning. Hardcore.

BraxtonT
11-30-2010, 02:05 AM
He's cupping the center's balls ever so gently.

Is this what we have to look forward to at Hector on Friday night?!

Trim
11-30-2010, 02:23 AM

Oh yeah! Wish I would have looked after leaving the game. I love it.

EndZoneQB
11-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Is this what we have to look forward to at Hector on Friday night?!

I was joking with the cops that the search they gave me before "booking" me was less invasive than a TSA search. They did think it was pretty funny.

cats2506
11-30-2010, 02:37 AM
Chea, heard that on Bison Feedback tonight. Thought they said 8 AM, but later he said something about tonight, and I'm like, "WTF, for real??" Winter Storm Warning. Hardcore.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb259/gary2506/IMG_9669.jpg

CelticCat
11-30-2010, 02:44 AM
Rolovich!!

cats2506
11-30-2010, 02:54 AM
Rolovich!!
that was right before our last playoff game

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 02:56 AM
Shit.....that weather is pussy stuff compared to Fargo.....those kitties better nut up!;)

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 03:17 AM
Practicing in the cold is ALWAYS worse than playing in it IMO

Correct.
Plus if they can practice in this crap then game day weather will be much easier to play in.

northendzone
11-30-2010, 03:35 AM
That was a warm day, high of 37. Let's put it this way, we don't think it's getting cold until 15 below and 20 MPH wind. The only real cold day I remember from last winter was when we were up on Red Lake ice fishing, that was 39 below the donut.

Matt Gratzek, DT that anchors our D-Line is from Argyle, MN. They see some pretty nasty weather up there. He was 43-1 in high school as a starter with 3 state titles.... I like our chances with some nasty weather, across from a guy used to 100 above vs. 100 below wind chill... Too bad Saturdays weather is looking to be mild.

MSUcats91
11-30-2010, 03:41 AM
I like our chances with some nasty weather, across from a guy used to 100 above vs. 100 below wind chill... Too bad Saturdays weather is looking to be mild.

McGhee did juuuust fine in Missoula last week. :nod: and it was nasty, cold, windy, and snowing.
I dont think the weather will be the deciding factor for either team, regardless of conditions.

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 04:36 AM
McGhee did juuuust fine in Missoula last week. :nod: and it was nasty, cold, windy, and snowing.
I dont think the weather will be the deciding factor for either team, regardless of conditions.

I saw that game on TV......it was sunny and 85 in Missoula.......;)

MSUcats91
11-30-2010, 05:07 AM
I saw that game on TV......it was sunny and 85 in Missoula.......;)

you saw those pooor grizzlies, did you? heh heh.

bisonmike2
11-30-2010, 05:26 AM
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/billingsgazette.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/b/a2/c88/ba2c88a7-7127-5839-a942-8d28ffa4d729-revisions/4ceb68ff0ff29.image.jpg
"What team does that guy play for because he's wide open and I'm going to throw it to him."

MSUcats91
11-30-2010, 05:53 AM
"What team does that guy play for because he's wide open and I'm going to throw it to him."

Funny, but McGhee has thrown 2 picks in his last 9 games, so it doesn't really make sense.
Now, if it was a picture of Justin Roper...

(sorry, I cant get off the griz jokes)

BobcatPrincess
11-30-2010, 06:57 AM
" but the kitties never fill their stadium, hope alot of you can come, safe travels to you all."

I guess a forum wouldn't be complete without a Griz fan saying something they didn't bother to research. Not surprising coming from the team that refused to shake our players hands after they lost.

Just to clarify - the Bobcats have sold out every game this season. That would mean that stadium is indeed full. One of the obvious reasons for our new stadium... Silly Griz fans... always talking out of their rear ends.

It will be a good game this weekend. A bit chilly!

Good luck, Bison... and I have to say it, Go CATS!

bisonmike2
11-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Funny, but McGhee has thrown 2 picks in his last 9 games, so it doesn't really make sense.
Now, if it was a picture of Justin Roper...

(sorry, I cant get off the griz jokes)

Yeah I know it doesn't make much sense but I was just having some fun. I saw the same caption under a picture of Jay Cutler and now every time I see a picture of a QB standing at the line of scrimmage before a play I think of it.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-30-2010, 05:15 PM
if anyone is driving and has room for one more please let me know. the person has a place to stay just needs a ride there and back

CAS4127
11-30-2010, 08:42 PM
I know it, NDSU has a very tough D. I'm expecting something more along the lines of 24-20. (unless there's a blizzard or something crazy - then the score could be much lower. so far, doesn't look like it.)

Vegas has the over/under at 44. I think it will be under 50, and I like the fact (which I learned today) that the Cats have artificial turf. That will help us, as we don't seem to adjust to natural grass very good or quickly for that matter. This is going to be one tough game for us, and we may be a year or two away from being able to manage one like this to a win. I'm not making any predictions other than if we do not slow their offense down, they will have more of the 50 than us.

gtcat
11-30-2010, 09:01 PM

They might not be the biggest but they don't let D-Mac get touched. Person, the LT, hasn't given up a sack in over 20 games:nod:

99Bison
11-30-2010, 09:22 PM
They might not be the biggest but they don't let D-Mac get touched. Person, the LT, hasn't given up a sack in over 20 games:nod:

Sweet, about time that happens then :)

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 09:45 PM

We will show you a few on Saturday......then you will know what to prepare for next year.....

mgbison
11-30-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm not as worried about MSU's offense as I was earlier in the week. We have went up against better offenses in the MVFC this year. If you look at the last three games for MSU, they have scored 23, 24, and 21 points. Not exactly something that strikes fear in me. I would imagine they will score somewhere in the 20's this week also.

Hopefully we can put up 24 points this week (includes defensive, offensive and special teams). If we do, I like our chances in this one.

With that being said

Bison 31
MSU 23

They will gain yards on offense, but our defense will hold them to 3 field goals and 2 touchdowns. We will win the turnover battle, and get the W.

NDSUstudent
11-30-2010, 11:14 PM
We've had plenty of practice against good offenses, we've played four top 30 scoring offenses in our last five games.

NDSUmulligan
12-01-2010, 04:12 AM
I'm not sure why, but I really like the Bison playing the underdog role in this game.

MtGrizFan
12-01-2010, 04:29 AM
Go get em Bison. I'll be pulling for you guys Saturday. FTC

ndsubison1
12-01-2010, 05:16 AM
Im starting to get a better feeling about this game. The Bison are hungrier during the winter :nod:

MSUcats91
12-01-2010, 05:23 AM
FTC

poor grizzly. Have you learned to say DENARIUS yet? if not, dont worry - you have 3 more years to get it.

gtcat
12-01-2010, 05:32 AM
The Bison are hungrier during the winter :nod:

That's because the Bison is a slow and lazy animal even in good weather :hungry:

MtGrizFan
12-01-2010, 06:05 AM
poor grizzly. Have you learned to say DENARIUS yet? if not, dont worry - you have 3 more years to get it.

Not worried at all. We clean up a few turnovers and it's all good. I really think NDSU will win this game. The cats aren't all that good. We fumbled twice inside the 5 and had an interception inside the 20 and they still just got by us. Cats have no experience playing after Thanksgiving......you'll roll em!

BlueBisonRock
12-01-2010, 06:25 AM
That's because the Bison is a slow and lazy animal even in good weather :hungry:

Interesting but not based on fact.

The Bison is the largest North American animal (mature males are 6 1/2 ft at the shoulder and reach 10 to 12 ft in length whereas the Bobcat is roughly twice the size of a house cat.

The Bison can reach speeds of up to 35 mph. The Bobcat primarily walks but is capable of running down rabbits at 30 mph although their preferred hunting strategy is to ambush their prey. <BTW, I appreciate this trait. The Bunnies do multiply at exponential rates>

The Bison is a herd* animal while the Bobcat is a solitary animal.

Bison form into the herd to protect their young and each other with a variety of approaches. Again, the Bobcat will ambush and then disappear.

Bobcats have an adversion to water.

Reviewing the literature shows the Bison to be faster than the Bobcat and to run for long distances at a lumbering gallop, to be a more social animal which plays a big role in their support system, to be a fearless protector, and posses an unpredictible temperment.

The Bobcat is slower than a Bison, will walk rather than run if at all possible, is a solitary animal, larger than a housecat, and though able to take down a 200 lb deer is not able to take down a 2000 Bison and would really prefer to be in its den when the elements are less than optimal.

That so called lazy and slow animal is faster and more agressive than the Bobcat and really does not care if it is raining or the sun is shining.

After discovering all of this, I am looking for a great game on Saturday. Here is hoping that the teams follow the traits of their mascots!

*The strength of the Bison is the herd and the strength of the herd is the Bison

gtcat
12-01-2010, 07:07 AM
The cats aren't all that good. We fumbled twice inside the 5 and had an interception inside the 20 and they still just got by us. Cats have no experience playing after Thanksgiving......you'll roll em!

Good enough to beat the jizz, turnovers are a big part of the game, and whether it was a 5 point win or 20, it was a win. Who does Miss Oula play this weekend?:D

NDSUFan_Sav
12-01-2010, 07:41 AM
talked to Thumper, asked if he was heading to Bozeman said low on the funds basically...SDBison...pick him up in brookings and we'll get this fool to Bozeman!

MtGrizFan
12-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Good enough to beat the jizz, turnovers are a big part of the game, and whether it was a 5 point win or 20, it was a win. Who does Miss Oula play this weekend?:D

Yup, we finally get a break after 18 years. Remind me again how many times you guys have made the playoffs?

Bison are going to stomp the kitties.

THEsocalledfan
12-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Yup, we finally get a break after 18 years. Remind me again how many times you guys have made the playoffs?

Bison are going to stomp the kitties.

Man, you have to love smack between two rivals on our board. Seems like the kind of love we have for our friends to the North.

Walkon79
12-01-2010, 03:08 PM
I was surprised it took 5 days for some Asshat Griz to make it over here!

bison93
12-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Man, you have to love smack between two rivals on our board. Seems like the kind of love we have for our friends to the North.

"Course their talking smack on our board.. as Bobcatnation's is so freaking slow and hangs 1/2 the time..:badpc: .

westnodak93bison
12-01-2010, 03:54 PM

ah yeah, sure...go down to Yellowstone and try to walk up to a cow with a calf next spring and you will see how "slow" a bison is...

tony
12-01-2010, 03:58 PM
ah yeah, sure...go down to Yellowstone and try to walk up to a cow with a calf next spring and you will see how "slow" a bison is...

And those are wussy Wyoming bison... real bison live on the plains. :)

NDSUFan_Sav
12-01-2010, 07:05 PM
And those are wussy Wyoming bison... real bison live on the plains. :)

at least that wyobison can drink :D

yellowstreak
12-02-2010, 02:08 AM

bobcats has stubby tails. I bet that's not all that's stubby on bobcats.

gotts
12-02-2010, 03:32 AM

So, they call you the Bobcat? :D

IzzyFlexion
12-02-2010, 10:20 AM

I was in the pool!!!! http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7497/clip2ck8.jpg
-sorry to use this one twice in the matter of a couple months....just seemed appropriate.