PDA

View Full Version : Robert Morris v. NDSU Post Game Comments

WYOBISONMAN
11-28-2010, 02:22 AM
Put it here folks.....a hell of a win!!!!!!!!!!

tony
11-28-2010, 02:23 AM
DJ McNorton looked like he was shot out of a cannon on that second TD reception... so did Gratzek on the safety.

bisonmike2
11-28-2010, 02:24 AM
I liked the play calling in the first half but the execution sucked though. then we got conservative in the second half but we scored points. Conclusion: I have no f'ing idea what I'm talking about when it comes to football. I like the way this team plays when the defense creates turnovers.

onbison09
11-28-2010, 02:24 AM
If we can play like we did in the 4th quarter (I know. HUGE if), we will be really hard to beat

WYOBISONMAN
11-28-2010, 02:26 AM
Wow.......what a difference having Brock at QB makes for this offense. Finally it seemed like we put something together. Brock was a bit rusty starting out, but it sure started to click in the 4th quarter. This was probably the best total game I have seen the Bison play all season. I was very pleasantly surprised! And of course, the D was fantastic. It is a hell of a lot of fun to watch the Bison play defense!

semobison
11-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Even though the game was still up for grabs early in the 4th quarter, this may be a confidence boost for next week! A little somthing to build on!

semobison
11-28-2010, 02:29 AM
Oh, and thank god for the screen pass!

HerdBot
11-28-2010, 02:30 AM

That was a lot of fun. Loud and insane the entire game. Defense was insane. Run game insane. Loudest I have ever heard the dome with a smaller than normal crowd. Let's beat the Bobcats, hope for a loss, and rock the dome. Could possibly be an espn game.

TheBisonator
11-28-2010, 02:31 AM
I think this is a different team at the FFD than on the road. I wish we could bottle the FFD somehow and pack it away in the Gatorade for our players as they make road trips. I was thinking we'd win by 10 the whole time, but that big spurt early in the 4th really pleased me.

ON TO BOZEMAN!!!!

Facts
11-28-2010, 02:31 AM
I liked the play calling in the first half but the execution sucked though. then we got conservative in the second half but we scored points. Conclusion: I have no f'ing idea what I'm talking about when it comes to football. I like the way this team plays when the defense creates turnovers.

Mike, to answer a Q you had on the GDT, I think Sigers is a medically redshirted freshman.

Kevin
11-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Jensen, DJ, Heagle, and Gratzek are a ton of fun to watch. Lets hope the momentum carries into next week.

bkit29
11-28-2010, 02:49 AM
the forum says Jensen set a record with 223 passing yards. Is this right? Or is it a playoff record, cause I am pretty sure walker threw for more yards than that in a game before.

Kevin
11-28-2010, 02:50 AM
the forum says Jensen set a record with 223 passing yards. Is this right? Or is it a playoff record, cause I am pretty sure walker threw for more yards than that in a game before.

Playoff record. The old record was back from the 60s.

WYOBISONMAN

I believe playoff record......

TateMosersneighbor
I now have a man crush (minor one) on Gratzek and am considering one for Jastram.

Very good second half...Sigers looks REALLY FAST, liked how he ran and if there was overpursuit...he ran right to where the guy should've been.

Rams downfield is always fun...those guys have to be feeling good right now. Nice game all around!

coloradobison
yes playoff record

Kevin
11-28-2010, 02:51 AM
Is there any more doubt with anyone that Jensen is not the best option at QB this year? I have nothing against Jose but seeing how the offense changes with Brock under center has me convinced. He has a decent deep ball, and runs hard. A lot of fun to watch.

WYOBISONMAN
11-28-2010, 02:52 AM
Is there any more doubt with anyone that Jensen is not the best option at QB this year? I have nothing against Jose but seeing how the offense changes with Brock under center has me convinced. He has a decent deep ball, and runs hard. A lot of fun to watch.

Absolutely......

missingnumber7
11-28-2010, 02:57 AM
A couple notes...after seeing how that game was officiated I'm glad as hell we are not in the big sky. Jensen needs to spends lots of time with his WR's on the field this week, get that timing back. And it looked like people weren't really sure weather they could get up and make noise, like they were lost without the cues from the press box. But there was plenty of noise. And the plesent supprise with the 51 yard FG that probably was good from 55+.

GradBison
11-28-2010, 03:09 AM
7 of 16 on 3rd downs was HUGE!

Kevin
11-28-2010, 03:11 AM
I wonder how Misery State would have turned out had Brock been able to play the second half. He really settled down after the break.

perthbison
11-28-2010, 03:13 AM
Lots of nice surprises in this game,one of which was passing to McNorton.:nod:

THEsocalledfan
11-28-2010, 03:13 AM
A couple notes...after seeing how that game was officiated I'm glad as hell we are not in the big sky. Jensen needs to spends lots of time with his WR's on the field this week, get that timing back. And it looked like people weren't really sure weather they could get up and make noise, like they were lost without the cues from the press box. But there was plenty of noise. And the plesent supprise with the 51 yard FG that probably was good from 55+.

Damnit, I am getting sick of this stuff about that crowd. That was the best crowd I have ever seen in the Dome even if numbers were not great.

I was there, in section 4. That was a "real" fan crowd that showed up and a completely more into it dynamic than regular season. Nearly everyone was standing and yelling. It was as good as any Vikings game, and I used to be a season ticket holder. Before the safety, there wasn't a person sitting in the building and it was first down!

So take it easy on the crowd. They deserve some serious props for showing up and getting into it. Small in number; big on effect.

DjKyRo
11-28-2010, 03:15 AM
If I get a headache from the noise I call it a good crowd. I got a headache.

Bison"FANatic"
11-28-2010, 03:15 AM
That was a great win but man did the RMU boys look tired even at the beginning of the second half. Our depth had a huge part of being able to win this game. The scholly difference was huge as their backups were not near as good as their starters. One heck of a game by our D but still a wasteland of O in the first half.

Scooter1
11-28-2010, 03:17 AM
Jensen was rusty. He has to be more accurate than today. I agree that he opens things up and gives us a better chance to win.

220 yards offense from McNorton....:nod:

Without a doubt McNorton was the MVP. :nod:

perthbison
11-28-2010, 03:21 AM
That was a great win but man did the RMU boys look tired even at the beginning of the second half. Our depth had a huge part of being able to win this game. The scholly difference was huge as their backups were not near as good as their starters. One heck of a game by our D but still a wasteland of O in the first half.

I agree with everything you said but they showed me enough to make me feel there is hope against the bocats. They can do it if they don't turn the ball over.

THEsocalledfan
11-28-2010, 03:21 AM
Jensen was rusty. He has to be more accurate than today. I agree that he opens things up and gives us a better chance to win.

220 yards offense from McNorton....:nod:

Without a doubt McNorton was the MVP. :nod:

Scooter, I disagree on this. McNorton does this day in and day out. Honestly, I expected this from. (Don't get me wrong; he was awesome.)

But Jensen was the difference when he knocked the rust off. Actually being able to throw the ball over 5-10 yards which is pretty darn cool. So, since he was the difference, he is the MVP. He plays like he did in the second half, they can play with Mont. St.

Now, if he could just hit those short passes better.....

Kevin
11-28-2010, 03:25 AM
Jensen has shown great promise but we're getting into the real stretch of the season now and we need him to start putting together 4 quarters of football. A half isn't going to cut it anymore.

I have faith though. I think we can do it next week. One game at a time.

1bizon1
11-28-2010, 03:29 AM

Where you been all year Wyo?

DjKyRo
11-28-2010, 03:31 AM
That was just downright fun! Tense game for longer than I'd have liked but you can't say watching the scoreboard light up int he 4th wasn't exciting. DJ ran like a champ (and caught like a champ), Jensen's completion % needs to get better but he looked much improved in this outing and at this point I think it's safe to say that, barring injury, the QB question answered.

Defense was rock-star. That safety was just awesome and the play of the D-line all game was lights out despite (IMO) their O-line grabbing guys all game. That hit on their QB in the endzone by Gratzek where the guy did an end-over-end was phenomenal, and by and large the DB's played well. I've said it before and I'll say it again - we can lean on this defense to win us football games.. Tons of credit to the boys and Hazleton for keeping it low while the offense picked up steam, this kind of play could turn some heads in Bozeman.

Can't wait for next week!

WYOBISONMAN
11-28-2010, 03:31 AM
Where you been all year Wyo?

The stars have just not aligned right with hunting, etc,,,,Looks like Bozeman is on!

Kevin
11-28-2010, 03:32 AM
That was just downright fun! Tense game for longer than I'd have liked but you can't say watching the scoreboard light up int he 4th wasn't exciting. DJ ran like a champ (and caught like a champ), Jensen's completion % needs to get better but he looked much improved in this outing and at this point I think it's safe to say that, barring injury, the QB question answered.

Defense was rock-star. That safety was just awesome and the play of the D-line all game was lights out despite (IMO) their O-line grabbing guys all game. That hit on their QB in the endzone by Gratzek where the guy did an end-over-end was phenomenal, and by and large the DB's played well. I've said it before and I'll say it again - we can lean on this defense to win us football games.. Tons of credit to the boys and Hazleton for keeping it low while the offense picked up steam, this kind of play could turn some heads in Bozeman.

I thought last week was long. This is going to feel like an eternity.

1bizon1
11-28-2010, 03:35 AM
Gotta say I was impressed with their team for the low number of schollies they have. ALOT more talented than I expected which proves the saying "NEVER underestimate your opponent."

bisonranch
11-28-2010, 03:44 AM
It was a WHALE of a second half, just like Bohl said it would be. I was driving, stopped for gas at 20 pts, started driving again and it was 36-17. Missed all the good stuff :(

GoRams
11-28-2010, 03:45 AM

He flung him!! Awesome play! Who does that

tony
11-28-2010, 03:49 AM
That play by Heagle blowing up the run when they had momentum... *sniff* That was beautiful, man! Going to be a good highlight tape this year :)

bison93
11-28-2010, 03:49 AM
Robert Morris won the first half.. I was disappointed that the offense couldn't put the ball in the endzone when special teams gives it to them inside the 5. The offense started clicking late in the 3rd and obviously in the 4th. We need 4 quarters out of offense, defense, and special teams next week in Bozeman..:nod:

DjKyRo
11-28-2010, 03:52 AM
He flung him!! Awesome play! Who does that

Matt Mofo Gratzek, that's who!

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics31/640/PP/PPURZWKHUBQVUFO.20100906194128.jpg

God I'm going to miss watching this guy play....at NDSU. :nod:

JustinTyem
11-28-2010, 03:54 AM
Jensen has shown great promise but we're getting into the real stretch of the season now and we need him to start putting together 4 quarters of football. A half isn't going to cut it anymore.

DONT FORGET GUYS, HE IS A REDSHIRT FRESHMEN!!!! Just Hold on............... I feel a jet Ride come on!!!!

coldspot
11-28-2010, 03:57 AM
awesome game to be at. anybody know if there will be a replay of the game on tv or online anywhere?

stevdock
11-28-2010, 04:00 AM
Matt Mofo Gratzek, that's who!

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics31/640/PP/PPURZWKHUBQVUFO.20100906194128.jpg

God I'm going to miss watching this guy play....at NDSU. :nod:

Can we find a medical redshirt for him somewhere, please??

stevdock
11-28-2010, 04:06 AM
Great win, great crowd, and heck of a lot of fun tonight. I know alot of guys got how big the game was tonight, but you could see DJ was going to have a huge night when he dove for his first down to make sure we kept the chains moving.

Couple of disappointing things tonight: I hate how we make alot of teams look so good. RMU is a good team, they just don't have the depth we do. But how many times have we done that this year?? Also instead of continuously running Go routes, especially the one for Veldman and Mack (I think but don't know), have one guy go deep, clearing out the defense and have the other go underneath for a 15-20 yard play. It was open all night long and we even did it a couple times. Can not move the ball against good teams trying to hit the home run as many times as we tried tonight. A couple times yes, but 15-20 yarder is just as good sometimes.

Quality win though tonight and am very excited for future Saturday's, especially next weekend. BLIZZARD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BisonEngrGirl
11-28-2010, 04:08 AM
I was pretty impressed by the o-line. They really made an effort to show up, did some good run blocking, and gave Jensen enough time in the back field. Jensen was a little spastic again and a little rusty, but he got comfortable in the 2nd half and I was pleased with his performance overall. The lack of a few good defensive players made a difference, but I think good adjustments were made and that the defense as a whole really stepped up when they needed to despite a few uncontained drives. Great game Bison!!!!! :bowdown:

Jay
11-28-2010, 04:17 AM
The consecutive timeouts in the first half and still not knowing how to line up drove me bananas. It looked like we were lost in the first half as far as just getting plays into the huddle.

DjKyRo
11-28-2010, 04:31 AM
How's this for surprising?

Penalties-yards
RMU: 5-70
NDSU: 6-47

Seemed a hell of a lot more imbalanced than that and no way I thought this'd be in our favor.

TAILG8R
11-28-2010, 04:32 AM
How's this for surprising?

Penalties-yards
RMU: 5-70
NDSU: 6-47

Seemed a hell of a lot more imbalanced than that and no way I thought this'd be in our favor.

Yes, but wasn't there 30 yards worth of penalties applied to the one kick off?

NDSUstudent
11-28-2010, 04:33 AM
Great second half by Jensen, if he had hit the open receivers in the first half we would have rolled them sooner. I also was relived when he lowered the shoulder and pulled the ball down a few times, he needs to have confidence in his running ability because it adds a different look to our offense.

Defense played well other than that opening drive, really have to tip my cap to Grant Olson. Guy had a nice game for being a true freshman and starting in the playoffs. We'll be set at LB if Anderson and Willson can get healthy by next weekend, just tons of depth compared to where we were a year ago.

Nice to see Jazzy boot a few and I loved the hit Heagle put on their RB, he just shot through the gap and crushed him. Then Gratzek looked like he was shot out of cannon on that safety, poor QB had no chance.

Also nice to see Vigen rediscover the art of the long lost screen pass. We killed YSU with screens and now we have finally gotten back to it.

THEsocalledfan
11-28-2010, 04:36 AM
Also nice to see Vigen rediscover the art of the long lost screen pass. We killed YSU with screens and now we have finally gotten back to it.

Kudoos to Vigen as I think overall it was a well called game. Those bad throws in the first half were not his fault.

The best part on the screens was the second long one to DJ. Our old high school coach had an addage, "If they don't stop it, run it again." When Jensen tossed that ball over the rushing line men, I held my breath as I knew they (RMU) were in big trouble again.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

walknroehl
11-28-2010, 04:36 AM
Great great fans tonite. Was the yellow 23 jersey leading the cheering on the west side someone on here? Loved the x-chops he was giving the RMU guys after that unsportsmanlike on G.

Also I want to see Josh Gatlin in a dunk contest after that spectacular interception.

NDSUstudent
11-28-2010, 04:39 AM
I also wanted to post this from a Lafayette fan from AGS. UNI fans have been calling our offense high school for years, here are some quotes from a unbiased observer....

NDSU is much more sophisticated than was UNI vs Lehigh this afternoon. Gonna be trouble against the Pards next season.

NDSU is very athletic at the skill positions.

I am comparing them to UNI this afternoon - NDSU is much more polished and dynamic.

THEsocalledfan
11-28-2010, 04:40 AM
Where is the good Captn? Laying low?

I am hoping he can shed some light on WTF happened to UNI.

DjKyRo
11-28-2010, 04:43 AM
Where is the good Captn? Laying low?

Probably eating himself to death. :rofl:

You know you're BV's favorite troll, Cappy.

99Bison
11-28-2010, 04:45 AM
That was a lot of fun. Loud and insane the entire game. Defense was insane. Run game insane. Loudest I have ever heard the dome with a smaller than normal crowd. Let's beat the Bobcats, hope for a loss, and rock the dome. Could possibly be an espn game.

Apparently you weren't there for Sam Houston or 06 Sdsu games?

Best continuous crowd though yes.

Kevin
11-28-2010, 04:46 AM
I also wanted to post this from a Lafayette fan from AGS. UNI fans have been calling our offense high school for years, here are some quotes from a unbiased observer....

Some Griz asshole on AGS referred to us as "North Dakota" in his prediction too. I really hate Montana.

BlueBisonRock
11-28-2010, 04:58 AM

Agree with your officiating comment. However,I did not see any confusion in sect 21 regarding standing or yelling. There was so much noise at times that I could not hear the Guy next to me!

NDSUstudent
11-28-2010, 05:09 AM
Here are some defensive stats over our last five games....

38 QBH
12 Sacks
7 INT
8 FF
3 defensive TDs
38 TFL
13 pts per game given up

Keep in mind in that stretch we have played the #15, #24, #27 and #30 scoring offenses...Only SDSU's offense was not top tier.

Twentysix
11-28-2010, 05:10 AM

Oh come on were you watching the game? Jensen had 5, on consecutive series, passes that were WAY overthrown or thrown to an 11 foot tall man.

Jensen did alright, he wasnt a savior by anymeans. Mcnorton had 110 yards receving, on TWO catches, which were both pitches(screen passes). So Jensen essentially threw for at best 113 yds.

Your blowing him way out of perportion, its entirely possible that at this point in time Mohler is better.

Take the 2 screens out and Jensens statline is 8/22 119 yds 1 TD 1 INT not that impressive.

Twentysix
11-28-2010, 05:16 AM
Damnit, I am getting sick of this stuff about that crowd. That was the best crowd I have ever seen in the Dome even if numbers were not great.

I was there, in section 4. That was a "real" fan crowd that showed up and a completely more into it dynamic than regular season. Nearly everyone was standing and yelling. It was as good as any Vikings game, and I used to be a season ticket holder. Before the safety, there wasn't a person sitting in the building and it was first down!

So take it easy on the crowd. They deserve some serious props for showing up and getting into it. Small in number; big on effect.

That was attendance 17500 in the regular season, There were more people at todays game than were at USD, i have pictures that prove it. Granted we were missing about 2500 students. Which leads me to believe, 99% of our home game attendances are inflated by about 3000 people.

If we can get semo at home, Huge if i know, but I think 17000 actual is within the realm of possibilities maybe more. Bandwagoners will show up in droves at a qaurter final game.

99Bison
11-28-2010, 05:20 AM
Jensen didn't have a good game, but the offense has potential and the defenses have way more things to worry about.

If you take screens and flat dumps out of mohlers stats he proly has 100 yards on the year.

Twentysix
11-28-2010, 05:20 AM
Jensen didn't have a good game, but the offense has potential and the defenses have way more things to worry about.

If you take screens and flat dumps out of mohlers stats he proly has 100 yards on the year.

Hah true, I just dont see current state jensen being our saviour, neither is mohler, right now anyways.

99Bison
11-28-2010, 05:23 AM
Perhaps, but jensen at least we have a chance...

Twentysix
11-28-2010, 05:28 AM
Honestly, this game sets on the defenses shoulders and mcnortons/Oline shoulders+us not turning it over.

If we can get 21 points off 3 screen passes to mcnorton we will win. Either qb could play to accomplish that. Jose fumbles and brock throws interceptions. lol.

I predict, the shittier the weather the greater our odds.

bisoneer
11-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Congrats to the players and coaches on this big playoff win for our program. The game was fun, loud and entertaining to watch... even the ref booing was fun to witness... The D really deserved getting the safety and that was icing on the cake even though the offense scored 2 more times after that. RMU was tough and had great speed on offense in the skill positions.

Herd Mentality
11-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Great great fans tonite. Was the yellow 23 jersey leading the cheering on the west side someone on here? Loved the x-chops he was giving the RMU guys after that unsportsmanlike on G.

I've never seen the chaos that ensued over that 5 minute stretch in the 4th quarter. #6 gets ejected, then unejected and as we were calling him a cheater #49 came UNHINGED and tried to crawl up into the stands screaming obscenities. A few players tried to join him and a bunch of others were holding them back. It turned into a melee. I never would have guessed that dancing provocatively at a player shouting obscenties into the crowd would create that type of pandemonium.

Felt good to sing "If you're happy..." at a playoff game.

Two words... SUPER NANNY.

Herd Mentality
11-28-2010, 07:03 AM
Also... I think that the keys to victory may include as many fur coats in the crowd as possible.

mgbison
11-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Jensen didn't have a great game, but he opens up the offense. Defenses know that he's going to throw the deep ball and they have to account for it. If teams stack the box with Jensen, he will throw it deep.

Jensen also has pocket presence, which is huge. I love how he steps up into the pocket. It's amazing how much better the oline looks when QB isn't reverse pivoting into dlineman.

56BISON73
11-28-2010, 07:18 AM
I've never seen the chaos that ensued over that 5 minute stretch in the 4th quarter. #6 gets ejected, then unejected and as we were calling him a cheater #49 came UNHINGED and tried to crawl up into the stands screaming obscenities. A few players tried to join him and a bunch of others were holding them back. It turned into a melee. I never would have guessed that dancing provocatively at a player shouting obscenties into the crowd would create that type of pandemonium.

Felt good to sing "If you're happy..." at a playoff game.

Two words... SUPER NANNY.

You dont think he was trying to get lucky do you? :D

BisoninNWMN
11-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Oh come on were you watching the game? Jensen had 5, on consecutive series, passes that were WAY overthrown or thrown to an 11 foot tall man.

Jensen did alright, he wasnt a savior by anymeans. Mcnorton had 110 yards receving, on TWO catches, which were both pitches(screen passes). So Jensen essentially threw for at best 113 yds.

Your blowing him way out of perportion, its entirely possible that at this point in time Mohler is better.

Take the 2 screens out and Jensens statline is 8/22 119 yds 1 TD 1 INT not that impressive.

What are you watching??

Jensen, to his credit, is a better QB "rusty" than Mohler is healthy. Brock gives us a better chance of winning FB games. Jose cannot throw the deep ball and his running is mediocre at best. Brock has a huge upside going into next year. Jose will be our #3 QB next year.

Brock does need to get the completion % higher for us to win next week in Bozeman.

WYOBISONMAN
11-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I am very, VERY happy that Jensen is back. If we can get that offense performing more consistent we will have a shot at beating Montana State. But.....we are definitely the underdogs. Having watched a few Montana State games on TV......the QB is nothing short of sensational.

bisonmike2
11-28-2010, 12:18 PM
What are you watching??

Jensen, to his credit, is a better QB "rusty" than Mohler is healthy. Brock gives us a better chance of winning FB games. Jose cannot throw the deep ball and his running is mediocre at best. Brock has a huge upside going into next year. Jose will be our #3 QB next year.

Brock does need to get the completion % higher for us to win next week in Bozeman.

completely agree. Brock drops back and sits in the pocket which is allowing the WR's to get open. Jose drops back, makes a read and if it isn't there he takes off running. Now if Brock can get his accuracy down, our offense could really look good.

BisoninNWMN
11-28-2010, 12:21 PM
completely agree. Brock drops back and sits in the pocket which is allowing the WR's to get open. Jose drops back, makes a read and if it isn't there he takes off running. Now if Brock can get his accuracy down, our offense could really look good.

Damn, Mike, we agree on something...:nod: :nod: :nod: Who would have thought??....:D

No jab to Jose.....maybe he'll beat out everyone and win the job next year...I doubt it but you never know.

It will be fun to see a healthy Brock with this year under his belt, next year.

FargoPanther
11-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Congrats to the Bison Football team and Coach Bohl for a great win. Now keep that offense intact and beat Montana State!

WYOBISONMAN
11-28-2010, 12:24 PM
It will be fun to see a healthy Brock with this year under his belt, next year.

This year which includes playoff experience. Wow.....this team.....for as lousy as the offense has looked at times.....is exceeding my expectations by leaps and bounds. Next year we will have a well seasoned and veteran team that should make one hell of a run at the conference championship.

BisoninNWMN
11-28-2010, 12:31 PM
This year which includes playoff experience. Wow.....this team.....for as lousy as the offense has looked at times.....is exceeding my expectations by leaps and bounds. Next year we will have a well seasoned and veteran team that should make one hell of a run at the conference championship.

You bet!!!

On offense we lose Vandal, Mack,Smith,Arndt......great players but the WHOLE of our offensive package will be back.....

One question I have is why dont we use the TE more? RM was playing zone most of the game and the middle was wide open....that is where you attack a 2-deep zone. Why doesn't vigen incorporate more TE curls and drags across the middle of the field? Sh** with a 6-7 Veldman....what a target to throw to.......just wondering....:smh: :smh:

If we can move the ball next week and keep their offense (great QB) off the field, then we have a great chance of winning.

GO BISON

Gully
11-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Wow.......what a difference having Brock at QB makes for this offense. Finally it seemed like we put something together. Brock was a bit rusty starting out, but it sure started to click in the 4th quarter. This was probably the best total game I have seen the Bison play all season. I was very pleasantly surprised! And of course, the D was fantastic. It is a hell of a lot of fun to watch the Bison play defense!

Wasn't Brock the QB for the first half at Missouri State?

WYOBISONMAN
11-28-2010, 12:45 PM

Yes, but I think he was terribly rusty and out of sync. It seems like he is getting it together again.

BisoninNWMN
11-28-2010, 12:47 PM

Does this really need an answer?

Who gives us the best chance of winning?

Enough said!

bisonmike2
11-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Yes, but I think he was terribly rusty and out of sync. It seems like he is getting it together again.

o-line at Missouri St didn't do any of our QB's a favor during either.

semobison
11-28-2010, 12:50 PM
We won this game with defense, 2 screen pass plays and a special teams screw up by RMU! Brock was awful the first half. PEOPLE...I think we need to stick with him in Bozeman, but we won this game despite poor play at the QB position against an overmatched RMU squad. They were probably our second weakest opponent we have faced this year!....That being said, Its great to get the playoff win and I hope the second half play carries over to next week in Bozeman!!

NDSU1980
11-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Most of the credit goes to DJ. The rest of the offense was totally anemic the first half, and somewhat so even in the third quarter. I honestly wonder why Jensen never bothers to show up in the first half of any game? This happens in every game he has ever played in and this is fatal when we play quality opponents.

Granted, a win is a win and I'm glad we are going on to Montana State next week, but DJ can't do everything on offense.

BisoninNWMN
11-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Most of the credit goes to DJ. The rest of the offense was totally anemic the first half, and somewhat so even in the third quarter. I honestly wonder why Jensen never bothers to show up in the first half of any game? This happens in every game he has ever played in and this is fatal when we play quality opponents.

Granted, a win is a win and I'm glad we are going on to Montana State next week, but DJ can't do everything on offense.

Love your optisim.

Here's a thought......maybe he was/is alittle rusty after his injury???....Just a thought....

NDSU1980
11-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Love your optisim.

Here's a thought......maybe he was/is alittle rusty after his injury???....Just a thought....

Ahhh, he wasn't injured in the first half of the USD game and in that game Jensen played like Mertens. He did absolutely nothing. Go back and look at the GDT and you will see just how poorly he played. The WIU game was the same way, and so was Youngstown before Jose came in and won it.

BisoninNWMN
11-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Ahhh, he wasn't injured in the first half of the USD game and in that game Jensen played like Mertens. He did absolutely nothing. Go back and look at the GDT and you will see just how poorly he played. The WIU game was the same way, and so was Youngstown before Jose came in and won it.

What game/games have you watched?

USD game he played pretty good, completion % was not awesome but he played well.

Jensen is the better QB, period. You think Jose is better, fine. But come next year he'll be the #3 QB.

Twentysix
11-28-2010, 01:20 PM
We won this game with defense, 2 screen pass plays and a special teams screw up by RMU! Brock was awful the first half. PEOPLE...I think we need to stick with him in Bozeman, but we won this game despite poor play at the QB position against an overmatched RMU squad. They were probably our second weakest opponent we have faced this year!....That being said, Its great to get the playoff win and I hope the second half play carries over to next week in Bozeman!!

++++++ 100% agree, Brock isnt our saviour, or the answer, yet. I hope to god 4mcrue is right about esley.

Brock does seem to have the potential to develop into a great qb though, he just isnt there yet.

BisoninNWMN
11-28-2010, 01:27 PM
++++++ 100% agree, Brock isnt our saviour, or the answer, yet. I hope to god 4mcrue is right about esley.

Brock does seem to have the potential to develop into a great qb though, he just isnt there yet.

You are right!!!

YET!!

He has a huge upside and is only a RFR. Look at Montana State's QB, he is a RFR and is the Big Fluff player of the year...

Brock has all the physical "tools" to be a very good Bison QB...now let's see where he goes from here.

WYOBISONMAN
11-28-2010, 01:32 PM
You are right!!!

YET!!

He has a huge upside and is only a RFR. Look at Montana State's QB, he is a RFR and is the Big Fluff player of the year...

Brock has all the physical "tools" to be a very good Bison QB...now let's see where he goes from here.

The MSU QB is the real deal. He is fantastic.

stevdock
11-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Some of you want to say how poor Jensen's stats would look without the two screen passes, and you would be right. But what about the three drops in the first half and if instead of pass interference that was a catch?? Then I believe he would be right around 50% with what 300+ yards. The offense has much more potential with Jensen in there. I'll be honest though I think that at times it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to give Mohler a couple series throughout the game just to put the OTHER playbook into action. Makes us much more difficult to defend.

bisonmike2
11-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Some of you want to say how poor Jensen's stats would look without the two screen passes, and you would be right. But what about the three drops in the first half and if instead of pass interference that was a catch?? Then I believe he would be right around 50% with what 300+ yards. The offense has much more potential with Jensen in there. I'll be honest though I think that at times it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to give Mohler a couple series throughout the game just to put the OTHER playbook into action. Makes us much more difficult to defend.

other playbook? I would argue we don't even have one complete playbook. I think Jensen is capable enough of throwing the bubble screen and handing the ball off to DJ on a dive.:D

THEsocalledfan
11-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Ahhh, he wasn't injured in the first half of the USD game and in that game Jensen played like Mertens.

Nope, TOB played like Mertens in the SDSU game. I have never seen Jensen play like Mertens.

THEsocalledfan
11-28-2010, 01:40 PM

Agree with this. Some yahoo on SiouxSports last night ripped Jensen the same way. It is sad that any of our fans could be as non elightened as those kool aid drinkers....

Jensen played really well the second half. Further, much of the success of the screen is the timing by the whole team including the QB. Jensen ran it perfectly, as did the line, so more than DJ should get credit. By the way, DJ was awesome.

DjKyRo
11-28-2010, 01:41 PM
I haven't seen MSU's QB play, but we've faced good QBs before. We've taken dual-threat guys like USD's QB out of the game, we've taken laser-armpocket passers like Fouch out of the game. Matt Barr killed us, but he was a fifth-year senior and Rennie killed us because our defense wasn't accustomed to seeing Mike freaking Vick out there. I'm cautiously optimistic about being able to take a good QB out of the game.

BisoninNWMN
11-28-2010, 01:50 PM
I haven't seen MSU's QB play, but we've faced good QBs before. We've taken dual-threat guys like USD's QB out of the game, we've taken laser-armpocket passers like Fouch out of the game. Matt Barr killed us, but he was a fifth-year senior and Rennie killed us because our defense wasn't accustomed to seeing Mike freaking Vick out there. I'm cautiously optimistic about being able to take a good QB out of the game.

We have, but this MSU QB is an animal.....only 5-11 but is one he** of an athlete.

Best solution for him....keep him on the sidelines. Offense needs to sustain drives.

A1pigskin
11-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Awesome win. I would like to see more first half scoring instead of waiting for the 4th qtr.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-28-2010, 02:13 PM
WOW,

We actually threw a middle screen, and guess what, it worked! I think this is the first game we actually tried a middle screen, WTF!!!! I've been screeming for a middle screen all season. When the opposition is rushing 8 defenders, the middle screen has to work. And it did, twice!!! Who would have thunk?

Just think if we would have thrown just one middle screen against Missouri St. when they were stacking the box. Maybe, just maybe, we would have won that game.

As far as post game comments:

Our offense looked much better the second half. O-line actually showed up and played all game. Kudos to them. Jensen has to improve his accuracy, which has been the case all year. This game could have been an even bigger blowout if Jensen could hit his receivers. But, I know he is rusty and young and he will improve with time. He has a tremendous arm and a lot of up-side potential. Our defense is still fantastic!!!! :nod:

A1pigskin
11-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Special teams came up big on a few plays.....

semobison
11-28-2010, 02:26 PM
DJ made a great catch on the first middle screen on a ball that was not thrown very well!

BisonCardinal
11-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Won't try to be mean here with this Jensen love-fest, but even a red-shirt freshman should be more accurate with more of his passes. 10 for 24 is not impressive. And most of those incompletions were Brock's fault not the receivers. I mean that flare out pass to Warren was like 4 feet over his head with absolutely no interference.

Brock seems just plain nervous before every snap. It's like he is concentrating more on getting the snap than he is looking over the defense.

I hope that as Brock gets more experience these weaknesses disappear.

Bring on the Cats!

coldspot
11-28-2010, 02:59 PM
it looked like jensen was short arming his throws in the first half and dropping his elbow a little bit. thats usually what happens when theres shoulder discomfort and that also makes accuracy to byebye. he cleaned it up a little bit in the second half but still looked like he was a little tender in the shoulder.

semobison
11-28-2010, 03:18 PM
I like that, "the Jensen love fest!" I have been watching Bison football for a long, long, time, and he was the most innaccurate I think I have seen a Bison QB who had time to throw...ever...! I think Brock has an upside, I dont think we should sit him, but if he had any accuracy the first half, the game would have been over by halftime. RMU was a 30 scholarship team, (thats like Corncordia) and because of his innacuracy we let them hang around until the 4th quarter! ....That being said, there were some pretty darn good things that happened last night, and we have the biggest game in our recent history in Bozeman next saturday. With our defense we have a punchers chance!

semobison
11-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Maybe not Concordia, scholorship wise, but an average DII.

tony
11-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Maybe not Concordia, scholorship wise, but an average DII.

Average in d2 is between 15 and 18 schollies.

BisonNeil
11-28-2010, 03:32 PM

you're right. It will be tough to survive in the playoffs with each of the first halves the Bison have played in all 12 games. Great win though!

Anybody else think RMU was chippy, or was it just me?

NDSUstudent
11-28-2010, 03:38 PM
you're right. It will be tough to survive in the playoffs with each of the first halves the Bison have played in all 12 games. Great win though!

Anybody else think RMU was chippy, or was it just me?

They were very chippy.

tony
11-28-2010, 03:39 PM
They were very chippy.

Chirpy too.

BisonNeil
11-28-2010, 03:39 PM

Montana State's QB is not just a good QB, he was the most valuable player in the Big Sky conference. Our defense will have their hands full to contain him.

DjKyRo
11-28-2010, 03:41 PM
They were very chippy.

Not sure if this was posted anywhere yet, but word from farther down the RMU bench was that their players started fighting amongst each other when the game started to get ugly.

BisonNeil
11-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Chirpy too.

:D :D :D :D

BisonNeil
11-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Several thought the OL play was improved this game, I agree, especially since they have struggled in the past against a 3-4.

But what no one is talking about is that the Bison started with Richard at center and Beckius at LG. They eventually went back to Hinz at center and Richard at LG, but they switched back and forth. Anyone have a scoop as to why?

coldspot
11-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Several thought the OL play was improved this game, I agree, especially since they have struggled in the past against a 3-4.

But what no one is talking about is that the Bison started with Richard at center and Beckius at LG. They eventually went back to Hinz at center and Richard at LG, but they switched back and forth. Anyone have a scoop as to why?

bohl said they were doing a 3 man rotation to keep guys fresh.

BisonCountry
11-28-2010, 03:56 PM

I don't have any scoop as to why...but it i'm guessing Richard is probably one of the strongest/most physical lineman and they wanted him at center when RMU lined up Jerry Ball's lil brother over center. I also noticed that they sometimes shifted their NG over top of the Guards whether this was why Hinz was rotated in or if it was rotation to get him in the game to get some more exp. vs. 3-4 fronts.

runtheoption
11-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Not sure if this was posted anywhere yet, but word from farther down the RMU bench was that their players started fighting amongst each other when the game started to get ugly.

This is what Herd Mentality was refererring to earlier on page 7 of this thread. It was pretty funny. That right there was the perfect definition of home field advantage. Sections 20 and 21 were getting after #6 (FYI, all G to PG rated stuff being yelled at #6), and his teammate comes unglued and tries to get into the stands, with at least 5 other Robert Morris guys holding the crazy guy back. They are pushing and hitting each other, and this goes up the sideline to the south for another 10-15 seconds. SUPERNANNY was right in the middle of it, trying to keep the player(s) out of the stands.

At that point, the crowd has "won", because the players are not thinking about the game anymore.

runtheoption
11-28-2010, 04:15 PM
I don't have any scoop as to why...but it i'm guessing Richard is probably one of the strongest/most physical lineman and they wanted him at center when RMU lined up Jerry Ball's lil brother over center. I also noticed that they sometimes shifted their NG over top of the Guards whether this was why Hinz was rotated in or if it was rotation to get him in the game to get some more exp. vs. 3-4 fronts.

Jerry Ball's lil bro blew a kiss up towards us, and affectionately rubbed his belly after someone suggested he "try a salad". He was funny to watch.

BisonCountry
11-28-2010, 04:17 PM
This is what Herd Mentality was refererring to earlier on page 7 of this thread. It was pretty funny. That right there was the perfect definition of home field advantage. Sections 20 and 21 were getting after #6 (FYI, all G to PG rated stuff being yelled at #6), and his teammate comes unglued and tries to get into the stands, with at least 5 other Robert Morris guys holding the crazy guy back. They are pushing and hitting each other, and this goes up the sideline to the south for another 10-15 seconds. SUPERNANNY was right in the middle of it, trying to keep the player(s) out of the stands.

At that point, the crowd has "won", because the players are not thinking about the game anymore.
You could tell from the first series that they have never played infront of a hostile crowd before....they were celebrating every first down....Rule #1....never acknowledge the crowd....especially someone wearing a W mask in the front row.

runtheoption
11-28-2010, 04:26 PM
You could tell from the first series that they have never played infront of a hostile crowd before....they were celebrating every first down....Rule #1....never acknowledge the crowd....especially someone wearing a W mask in the front row.

Yep...during the 1st half they did a lot of scoreboard pointing and putting their hand to their ear when we were quiet. I think they were waiting for W to say something garbled.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

X-Factor
11-28-2010, 04:26 PM
If I get a headache from the noise I call it a good crowd. I got a headache.

I also got a headache halfway through the 3rd quarter

missingnumber7
11-28-2010, 05:01 PM

I miss sitting in the student section for that exact reason. I love coming in and seeing the opposing team move their benches after they realized thats where the students were. And mocking players and getting reactions...but the best ever was being threatened physical harm by a coach.

missingnumber7
11-28-2010, 05:05 PM

I wasn't dissing the crowd at all. I thought the crowd was awesome...its always hard to tell watching on TV how loud the crowd really is, but when they don't do much sideline reporting when the team is on D its usually a great sign. The other awesome thing was Feeney commenting on the hush falling over the crowd when the team was on O. I just found it humerous the crowd shots on 3rd down plays and there would be a handful of guys standing cheering and people around them would be clapping making noise and looking around for DN's to see if they should stand up or not.

I wish I was there, I think the games I remember leaving the dome with a headache would be the last Bison/Suck game, one of the early poly games, and SDSU.

BraxtonT
11-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Most of the credit goes to DJ. The rest of the offense was totally anemic the first half, and somewhat so even in the third quarter. Granted, a win is a win and I'm glad we are going on to Montana State next week, but DJ can't do everything on offense.

He doesn't. He averaged 4.07 yards per carry last night. Twenty-seven carries for 110 yards is OK, but not that great. Mike Sigers brought great energy to the tailback position, going for over 80 yards with only 6 carries. A couple more carries for Sigers and Voigtlander would help DJ's output.

I keep hearing that DJ is a power running back, but I don't see that at all. More times than not, he fails to get the short yardage first downs. This is not meant as a slam to him, but to whomever calls those plays and keeps him there.

DJ's value showed last night when they flipped the screen passes to him. He does have great vision in the open field, but that does not translate into success when it comes to running the ball between the tackles. They need to keep him fresh, and rushing 27 times does not accomplish that.

coldspot
11-28-2010, 05:31 PM
He doesn't. He averaged 4.07 yards per carry last night. Twenty-seven carries for 110 yards is OK, but not that great. Mike Sigers brought great energy to the tailback position, going for over 80 yards with only 6 carries. A couple more carries for Sigers and Voigtlander would help DJ's output.

I keep hearing that DJ is a power running back, but I don't see that at all. More times than not, he fails to get the short yardage first downs. This is not meant as a slam to him, but to whomever calls those plays and keeps him there.

DJ's value showed last night when they flipped the screen passes to him. He does have great vision in the open field, but that does not translate into success when it comes to running the ball between the tackles. They need to keep him fresh, and rushing 27 times does not accomplish that.

put voigt in on third and 3 and let him run some guys over. the couple carries he got last night he ran right at guys, almost like he was looking to put a hit on somebody.

bri-dog
11-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Fun afternoon/evening! Everyone in the dome was really into the game. Well, almost everyone. Here's a pic of the lady in front of me.:mad:

Jensen did have some bad throws, but I think it was just rust and being a little dinged up. He made some nice third-down conversions, which was HUGE. Another BS call by the zebras, as usual.:banghead:

Good win, and I hope we can step it up a little more against Montana State..

Gully
11-28-2010, 06:03 PM

Geez Bison Country, don't you know you're just supposed to watch the QB and running back during the play?:D What are you, a former OL?

perthbison
11-28-2010, 10:46 PM
I miss sitting in the student section for that exact reason. I love coming in and seeing the opposing team move their benches after they realized thats where the students were. And mocking players and getting reactions...but the best ever was being threatened physical harm by a coach.

Now it is the Dome Nazis who do the threatening by reading the other threads.:confused: :confused:

BisonNeil
11-29-2010, 02:20 AM
Just watched the tape, a few comments.

JOE linebackers played the entire game, surprised Lakes isn't all over that, and they played well, particularly Olson.

I owe the MVFC officials an apology for calling them just awful a week or so ago. The Big Sky refs were absolutely some of the most dreadful you will ever see and they had to be one of the top two in the conference in order to work a playoff game. They called virtually no holding calls on RMU despite them regularly tackling our defensive lineman. They were horribly inconsistent on personal foul penalities with sidleline hits. Several times players were leaning into the line before they snapped the ball, both NDSU and RMU, and they never called a single penalty. I could go on, but you get the point. The announcers observed incosistency in the refereeing, just to be nice.

The Bison only had a 20-17 lead with 10 min left in the game, for all of you who thought this game would never be close. The Bison defense, and particularly the offense, will have to play much better to keep Montana State close.

bisoneer
11-29-2010, 02:59 AM
Montana State's QB is not just a good QB, he was the most valuable player in the Big Sky conference. Our defense will have their hands full to contain him.

He could become a part of a breakfast food most linemen call 'pancakes' ... How many times has he been sacked this year? He is probably not too used to being a pancake so maybe he should consider how it will feel being one on Sat.

Scooter1
11-29-2010, 03:16 AM

JOE linebackers played the entire game, surprised Lakes isn't all over that, and they played well, particularly Olson.

I owe the MVFC officials an apology for calling them just awful a week or so ago. The Big Sky refs were absolutely some of the most dreadful you will ever see and they had to be one of the top two in the conference in order to work a playoff game. They called virtually no holding calls on RMU despite them regularly tackling our defensive lineman. They were horribly inconsistent on personal foul penalties with sidleline hits. Several times players were leaning into the line before they snapped the ball, both NDSU and RMU, and they never called a single penalty. I could go on, but you get the point. The announcers observed inconsistency in the refereeing, just to be nice.

The Bison only had a 20-17 lead with 10 min left in the game, for all of you who thought this game would never be close. The Bison defense, and particularly the offense, will have to play much better to keep Montana State close.

Whatever. The final score was 43-17. Most people thought that RMU would score between 10-20 points and that is it. Looks like most were dead on. The majority thought that the Bison would pull away in the second half and they did. In fact, I picked the game 45-13...that's not far from 43-17 is it? The majority of people thought if Jensen started that he would have some rust in the first half...they were right again. The majority thought that Jensen gave us the best chance to get the offense rolling and score some points...right again. In fact, if Brock would have hit a few of the wide open receivers in the first half, the score would have been worse. RMU had most of their yards on ad lib busted plays and great second effort from their RB. Make no mistake the Bison dominated the second half. So what exactly were people so far off base? I guess the only thing that was off base was the people who thought RMU had a comparable defense to the Bison's. Now remind us again who that was?....give me a minute....I'm sure I'll think of the guy....it's coming to me......(kind hearted jab)

43-17....damn the Bison got lucky in this one. (sarcasm) Unfolded exactly like most thought it would.

ndsubison1
11-29-2010, 03:18 AM

I owe the MVFC officials an apology for calling them just awful a week or so ago. The Big Sky refs were absolutely some of the most dreadful you will ever see and they had to be one of the top two in the conference in order to work a playoff game. They called virtually no holding calls on RMU despite them regularly tackling our defensive lineman. They were horribly inconsistent on personal foul penalities with sidleline hits. Several times players were leaning into the line before they snapped the ball, both NDSU and RMU, and they never called a single penalty. I could go on, but you get the point. The announcers observed incosistency in the refereeing, just to be nice.

in the first quarter on a long run by their RB they missed a big block in the back

stevdock
11-29-2010, 03:26 AM
in the first quarter on a long run by their RB they missed a big block in the back

Speaking of that, man did their coach get on the refs enough times to finally get a block in the back on us during a kickoff. It seemed after every kickoff he was all over any ref that would listen, and he finally got one of the last kickoffs. I don't know if it was a good call or not, as I didn't see it.

gotts
11-29-2010, 04:08 AM

The play where he started right then backtracked across the field and went left?

Missed a hold on the right side close to the LOS and then a block in the back on the left side about 10-15 yards upfield!

ndsubison1
11-29-2010, 04:21 AM
The play where he started right then backtracked across the field and went left?

Missed a hold on the right side close to the LOS and then a block in the back on the left side about 10-15 yards upfield!

yep. that one

BisoninNWMN
11-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Whatever. The final score was 43-17. Most people thought that RMU would score between 10-20 points and that is it. Looks like most were dead on. The majority thought that the Bison would pull away in the second half and they did. In fact, I picked the game 45-13...that's not far from 43-17 is it? The majority of people thought if Jensen started that he would have some rust in the first half...they were right again. The majority thought that Jensen gave us the best chance to get the offense rolling and score some points...right again. In fact, if Brock would have hit a few of the wide open receivers in the first half, the score would have been worse. RMU had most of their yards on ad lib busted plays and great second effort from their RB. Make no mistake the Bison dominated the second half. So what exactly were people so far off base? I guess the only thing that was off base was the people who thought RMU had a comparable defense to the Bison's. Now remind us again who that was?....give me a minute....I'm sure I'll think of the guy....it's coming to me......(kind hearted jab)

43-17....damn the Bison got lucky in this one. (sarcasm) Unfolded exactly like most thought it would.

Exactly.....the last time I checked, a FB is 4 quarters......

We do need a complete effort in all phases this week....offense-defense-special teams.

father-in-law
11-29-2010, 02:52 PM
My seats are the first row behind the Bison D-Line and I can say with 100% certainty that Brock's shoulder was bothering him. One time after a series he sat on the bench right in front of us with Jose and Esley talking to him. He definately was having some discomfort in his shoulder. A short time later he was playing catch with Jose in front of us and he was grimacing with each throw and moving his shoulder in a circular motion trying to loosen it up. I'm sure Brock was a little rusty but I know his shoulder was bothering him which I believe caused most of the poor throw's.

tcbison
11-29-2010, 04:02 PM
My seats are the first row behind the Bison D-Line and I can say with 100% certainty that Brock's shoulder was bothering him. One time after a series he sat on the bench right in front of us with Jose and Esley talking to him. He definately was having some discomfort in his shoulder. A short time later he was playing catch with Jose in front of us and he was grimacing with each throw and moving his shoulder in a circular motion trying to loosen it up. I'm sure Brock was a little rusty but I know his shoulder was bothering him which I believe caused most of the poor throw's.

Good post. I think people need to realize that Brock came off an injury where most didn't think he would be back this year at all. Says a lot about Brock and his willingness to compete. Yes, he has accuracy issues but a lot of college QBs do, this is not the NFL. The big thing for me is that Brock rarely gets sacked, very rarely fumbles, and I think he has 1 pick this year, and can take off running at any time. That is what makes his the starting QB.