PDA

View Full Version : Big Ten arrogance

westnodak93bison
11-25-2010, 03:58 PM
These Big Ten types crack me up....None of them would ever consider traveling to Boise or TCU.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/14347652/ohio-state-president-tcu-boise-dont-deserve-title-shot

zooropa
11-25-2010, 06:44 PM
I laughed at the 'murderer's row' comment:

Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and Minnesota are lousy, Penn State isn't very good this year either, and Northwestern is just average.

There are five good teams in the Big Ten. Hardly a murderer's row.

coldspot
11-25-2010, 07:12 PM
match up two of the mighty big ten teams against tcu and boise state for bowl games. if they think theyre so much better than the "little sisters of the poor", prove it.

unbison
11-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Lil mans complex it seems

NDSUstudent
11-25-2010, 08:12 PM
I kind of agree but the only solution is a playoff, which would force Boise and TCU to beat two or three high level BCS teams. That said this one loss argument would have a lot more merit coming from an SEC president...

DjKyRo
11-25-2010, 09:07 PM
I can buy the strength of schedule point but head-to-head is obviously the best indicator. Playoff would be optimum but until we go to that I have to agree with some of his points.

The point I made on the radio show a few weeks ago - if the second-best SEC team (Alabama) played the second-best WAC team (Nevada), it would be a blowout. That's the level of disparity between conferences and why you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the high-major conferences.

zooropa
11-25-2010, 09:25 PM
That's the level of disparity between conferences and why you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the high-major conferences.
I would, if the high majors didn't make a habit of playing crappy schools in the non-conf schedule.

Rather than saying '2nd best team in WAC', why not say '2nd best team on Boise State's schedule'

Not saying that this would close the gap entirely, but it would narrow it significantly.

In short SOS trumps strength of conference.

RunDMc34
11-26-2010, 12:23 AM
Im not so sure Nevada vs Michigan St. would be a blowout though? There is only one conference that is head and shoulders better than the rest and it surely isnt the Big 10