PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed..

IBleedYellow
11-24-2010, 10:05 PM
So since we joined the MVFC I've loved the competition from the schools that we play. Although with good comes bad. The Officiating. Horrible. I am not impressed at all with the way the MVFC Officials have handled games that we have played in. They seem to be way more looking out for personal fouls. Which I realize that they do need to protect a player, but there is a fine line which they are not good at paying attention to. Is anyone else not impressed by the officiating of the MVFC's hired Officials? Willing to give examples after I hear some responses.

SportsLover
11-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Yes they havent been the best in the FCS. My question is since we are hosting do we hire the refs or are they provided. And if we have to hire, are we going to bring in our conferences refs?

IBleedYellow
11-24-2010, 10:26 PM
That was what I was afraid of, and the main reason I asked the question.

Hammersmith
11-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Yes they havent been the best in the FCS. My question is since we are hosting do we hire the refs or are they provided. And if we have to hire, are we going to bring in our conferences refs?

Championship Handbook:

Officials Selection Criteria. Before championship selections, conferences must submit a roster of their top two officiating crews. Crews will be selected to work various rounds of the championship based on the following criteria:
1. Only officiating crews from the eight automatic conferences will be considered to work a game during any round of the championship.
2. Only the top two officiating crews, as designated by each conference, will be considered to work a game during the preliminary rounds of the championship.
3. For rounds of championship competition during which instant replay will be used (e.g., semifinals, championship game), a Referee’s experience with instant replay will be considered by the committee in determining officiating crew assignments.
4. Only the top officiating crew, as designated by each conference, will be considered to work the championship game. Assignments for the championship game will be rotated among conferences annually, however, the committee will determine each year which conference’s officials will work the championship game.
5. Conference offices shall submit their two officiating crews to the NCAA by the end of the day on the Saturday preceding the championship selection announcment (i.e., by 11:59 p.m. Saturday, November 20, 2010). Once the crews have been approved and conferences assigned to work specific championship games, the conference office may determine which of the two crews works that particular championship game. All assignments are subject to NCAA review and approval.

We will provide the game clock operator, however. Also, if two members of the same conference meet in a later round of the playoffs, the officiating crew must come from a different conference. The eight AQ conference requirement is a holdover from last year; I don't know if that was expanded to 10 and they just forgot to change the handbook, or if it's still the 8 from last year.

sambini
11-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks Hammer for the info..

ndsubison1
11-25-2010, 05:26 PM
mvc refs are not allowed to ref our games

BisonNeil
11-25-2010, 06:24 PM
So since we joined the MVFC I've loved the competition from the schools that we play. Although with good comes bad. The Officiating. Horrible. I am not impressed at all with the way the MVFC Officials have handled games that we have played in. They seem to be way more looking out for personal fouls. Which I realize that they do need to protect a player, but there is a fine line which they are not good at paying attention to. Is anyone else not impressed by the officiating of the MVFC's hired Officials? Willing to give examples after I hear some responses.

I'm with you.

When we went DI I thought the officiating would be better, but it wasn't, in fact, for many, many games I thought it was worse. I rationalized it that we were in a tiny conference and too far away from the mainstream DIAA teams to get the good refs and I also figured the Great West was just too small time to attract good officiating.

I thought that would all change when we joined the Gateway/MVFC but to my considerable disappointment I truly believe that refereeing has taken a significant leap backwards. They are consistently just plain awful in my humble opinion.

North Side
11-25-2010, 06:32 PM
The best reffing crew is one no one talks about... but honestly is there a good reffing crew in college football? You go to any college football forum wither is the Big Ten or the Valley, people still think their conference refs suck its never changes. Its just crap you're going to have to deal with like a blizzard in November in ND ;)

DjKyRo
11-26-2010, 01:43 PM
I'll blame the refs when the Bison/Vikings/Senators/Twins play a perfect, error-free game.

A1pigskin
11-26-2010, 02:03 PM
I would agree with the officiating being bad.

99Bison
11-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Personally I thought the old NCC refing for basketball and football was very good. At one time I heard that most crews were retired Big Ten ref's/crews that wanted a much easier travel schedule. They seem fantastic now, especially compared to what we have gotten since.

IBleedYellow
11-26-2010, 11:08 PM
Maybe I just like to bitch, but others seem to be agreeing with me. Or I just get too caught into the moment. All that I know is i'm less than 24 hours away from my FIRST DI Bison FOOTBALL GAME! Hell yeah.