PDA

View Full Version : Not this Legislature sh*t again

cbline
11-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Just caught the tail end of a McFeely interview on KFGO with a Grand Forks area legislator. Said legislator is considering ANOTHER resolution in Bismarck to recommend a revival of the NDSU - sue football games. For those of you not keeping score at home, a similar resolution was voted DOWN 91-3 during the last session.

X-Factor
11-24-2010, 08:08 PM
This is old news from last week methinks, but even still, the idea of trying to force two universities to play each other is reaching a whole new level of stupidity. No wonder this is coming from GF, which can not be of surprise to many people here on Bisonville.

Hypothetically speaking, suppose a blue moon shined upon the earth and glittery sparkling unicorns floated down from the heavens above to make this motion pass in Bismark, wouldn't there be law suites going the other direction claiming this law unjust? I just can't even imagine what this super tool is expecting to accomplish.

NDSUstudent
11-24-2010, 08:11 PM
I believe other states have laws in place that force schools to play each other. This will happen if we can't figure it ourselves eventually.

Tatanka
11-24-2010, 08:15 PM
I believe other states have laws in place that force schools to play each other. This will happen if we can't figure it ourselves eventually.

All Faison has to do is say yes to the more than reasonable offers given to him by GT... But again, Grand Forks is an island in a sea of reality.

bisonsupporter
11-24-2010, 08:42 PM
If the schools want the rivalry again it would happen. The Bison have a good rivalry with SDSU. UND screwed themselves by joining the Big Sky. Minimum travel is 1000 miles. And will they be competitive. Probably not in the first few years. With a losing team, do you think the fan base will travel? I doubt it. Therefore, UND wants to get a close game to help offset the travel costs the football team will rack up. I was a student at NDSU the last few years of the rivalry and I for one really don't miss having to go watch the Bison play in a quonset.

1bizon1
11-24-2010, 09:01 PM
The legislation is not to force them to play rather suggest they play. Mostly people from the GF area are pushing this according the the Leg Rep (who also represents the GF area) that was on KFGO. I am against this totally myself as WE DO NOT NEED THEM!

roadwarrior
11-24-2010, 09:06 PM
The legislation is not to force them to play rather suggest they play. Mostly people from the GF area are pushing this according the the Leg Rep (who also represents the GF area) that was on KFGO. I am against this totally myself as WE DO NOT NEED THEM!

Maybe those people should ask Faison why he keeps turning down offers?

dryash83
11-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Let's hope our legislators spend time on MEANINGFUL dialogue; we certainly have more important legislative needs than to meddle in althetic affairs of our institutions.

WYOBISONMAN
11-24-2010, 09:12 PM
The guy pushing this is Rep. Corey Mock, D-Grand Forks. Now, most of you know I am a left wing Democrat.......but this guy is a TOTAL asshat for doing this. We need to flood this fools email box telling him so and telling him how misguided he is on this.....

Email him here.... crmock@nd.gov

What a dipshit.:smh:

Hammersmith
11-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Every time I hear GF/UND people talk about compromise, I think of Inigo's "I do not think that word means what you think it means" line from The Princess Bride.

I think in their minds, compromise goes something like this:

NDSU: We don't want to play.
UND: We want to play every year.
Them: You guys need to compromise.

NDSU: Let's play a single game in Fargo.

NDSU: We'll do a 2 for 1 starting in Fargo.

NDSU: How about a single home/home and we'll see what happens.

NDSU: How about every other year.

NDSU: (after leg. steps in) Okay, every year.
UND: I suppose.
Them: Wasn't that compromise wonderful?

I think they need a dictionary up north(and out west).

FarSouth Bison
11-24-2010, 09:19 PM
This is B.S..

Facts
11-24-2010, 09:21 PM
This is B.S..

actually this is B.H.

Buthockey

perthbison
11-24-2010, 09:54 PM
und is not making themselves look good doing this. The are acting like beggers.:hide:

IBleedYellow
11-24-2010, 10:08 PM
The Sioux need us, but we do not need them.

I believe they are shitting their pants when they see the are on a little island in the middle of nowhere with the closest school at least 900 miles away in their conference.

4mcruenomore
11-24-2010, 11:47 PM
fine, fine, fine, let's just play them and get it over with.

Bison bison
11-24-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm all for this as long as the bill also mandates that UND and Minot State play every year in hockey rotating between Grand Forks and Minot.

4mcruenomore
11-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Once we play them and hang 40 on them, they will think twice about all this crap.

perthbison
11-25-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm all for this as long as the bill also mandates that UND and Minot State play every year in hockey rotating between Grand Forks and Minot.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Tatanka
11-25-2010, 12:25 AM
and UND and Mayville State every year in basketball. It's the most competitive matchup in the state.

Bisonguy
11-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Maybe those people should ask Faison why he keeps turning down offers?

There should be a full-blown legislative investigation into that very fact. :nod:

Tatanka
11-25-2010, 12:43 AM
There should be a full-blown legislative investigation into that very fact. :nod:

Yes, how about one of their infamous audits? Bunch of cockbags.

CHADSTAUS
11-25-2010, 12:50 AM
How come every time this is brought up it reminds me of when we were in grade school and if you had a birthday party and handed out invitations at school, you had to hand them out to everybody. Kind of reminds me of that. Lets be honest, we all know that we did not want to invite everybody. There was always that kid that picked his nose(UND), had a weird odor(UND), acted a litle weird around others(UND), couldn't get along with others(UND). See a pattern? Seems that UND is the weird kid that picked his nose, and isn't getting invited to the birthday party. Thanks for reading.

P.S. I always handed out my invitations after school. Life can be very cruel.

Chad

DjKyRo
11-25-2010, 12:56 AM
I just spent 20 minutes explaining this to my parents who don't keep up on the politics between the two schools...my mom says "That's totally stupid." Succinct.

What a crap-shoot. UND decides to play big-kid and not play NDSU, then cries and wets their pants when we won't fix their mistake for them.

4mcruenomore
11-25-2010, 12:56 AM
F*ck it, just play them, beat them, get it over with.

JSUBison
11-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Every time UND demands their golden goose (Bison game) I always imagine the meetings between Faison and Taylor go like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

The players:

Charlie: Bisonville
Willy: Gene Taylor
Veruca: UND alums
Veruca's Daddy: Faison

Bisonguy
11-25-2010, 01:25 AM
How come every time this is brought up it reminds me of when we were in grade school and if you had a birthday party and handed out invitations at school, you had to hand them out to everybody. Kind of reminds me of that. Lets be honest, we all know that we did not want to invite everybody. There was always that kid that picked his nose(UND), had a weird odor(UND), acted a litle weird around others(UND), couldn't get along with others(UND). See a pattern? Seems that UND is the weird kid that picked his nose, and isn't getting invited to the birthday party. Thanks for reading.

P.S. I always handed out my invitations after school. Life can be very cruel.

Chad

Major issue with your analogy: that nose-picking, funky smelling, socially inept weirdo has been invited to the birthday party multiple times, but wants the birthday party moved to a different day, another location, or wants yellow cake instead of chocolate cake.

BlueBisonRock
11-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Every time UND demands their golden goose (Bison game) I always imagine the meetings between Faison and Taylor go like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

The players:

Charlie: Bisonville
Willy: Gene Taylor
Veruca: UND alums
Veruca's Daddy: Faison

So, ya think this crap can go where the bad eggs go?

westnodak93bison
11-25-2010, 01:45 AM
cripes, doesn't our govt have better things to worry about?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-25-2010, 02:26 AM
Just caught the tail end of a McFeely interview on KFGO with a Grand Forks area legislator. Said legislator is considering ANOTHER resolution in Bismarck to recommend a revival of the NDSU - sue football games. For those of you not keeping score at home, a similar resolution was voted DOWN 91-3 during the last session.

Resolution or law?

Big difference.............

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-25-2010, 02:33 AM
F*ck it, just play them, beat them, get it over with.

^^^^^^^^^^^This

We should have been kicking the snot out of them for the past 5 years.

TheBisonator
11-25-2010, 02:39 AM
Grand Forks: Home of 52,000 Vaginas

NDSUstudent
11-25-2010, 02:40 AM
They'll pout and whine until their boys in the legislature give them their way.

aces1180
11-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Grand Forks: Home of 52,000 Vaginas

Sounds like heaven to me!

TheBisonator
11-25-2010, 02:42 AM
Sounds like heaven to me!

But these are the bad kind, remember??:D

(greasy, smelly.... I went too far, didn't I??)

lakesbison
11-25-2010, 02:43 AM
What A Joke. Hoeven Shut Them Up B4 U Leave

aces1180
11-25-2010, 02:44 AM

Somebody's junk is any person's treasure!

4mcruenomore
11-25-2010, 03:18 AM
mischatz@nd.gov

He is in support of it, let him have it.

I know him personally, and I plan on calling him tomorrow. What can I tell him? How many non conf. games can we have? Give me something.

BlueBisonRock
11-25-2010, 03:32 AM
mischatz@nd.gov

I know him personally, and I plan on calling him tomorrow. What can I tell him? How many non conf. games can we have? Give me something.

Ask him why UND and GF are requesting this resolution when they have turned down 3 (or 4 - this is by memory, not reviewing BV threads) offers by NDSU to have a game. This includes an offer for a home and away on a every 2 year basis.

MN_BISON
11-25-2010, 03:34 AM
mischatz@nd.gov

Tell him to worry about more important things like jobs, taxes, education, roads, water problems, legal online poker(a cash cow for the state by the way) and anything else besides a football schedule. UND has turned down NDSU how many times now, what else does Gene need to do? The ND gov't has no business sticking their hand into this and forcing something on NDSU or UND for that matter. I have no say in ND politics anymore since I live in the People's Republic of Minnesota but if anyone in my district voted for this resolution I would never support him or her again and I'd encourage anyone who engaged me on the subject to do the same.

WYOBISONMAN
11-25-2010, 03:37 AM
Go over and read the thread on this at SS.com........most of the Sioux fans are totally opposed to the Legislature getting in the middle of this. I can't see how this BS has any way of passing. I really doubt that the majority of Sioux fans want this kind of crap happening.....

4mcruenomore
11-25-2010, 03:37 AM
Mock is a Democratic Douche

onbison09
11-25-2010, 04:36 AM
This is one of those things people introduce every session to tell their constituents "See! I fought for you!" Even though they knew it had no chance in hell of passing

sambini
11-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Some people have nothing elso to do..

ndsubison1
11-25-2010, 06:40 PM
this will be brought up every single year. it's like the ppl who keep bringing up smoking bans and canned hunting all the time. it's annoying. our legislature has much more important things to deal with and should not be involved in athletics

ndsubison1
11-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Some people have nothing elso to do..

+++++++++++. no sheet. what a waste of money

bkit29
11-25-2010, 06:51 PM

What's the problem?

A little "Cheese" on the taco"!

56BISON73
11-26-2010, 01:07 AM
this will be brought up every single year. it's like the ppl who keep bringing up smoking bans and canned hunting all the time. it's annoying. our legislature has much more important things to deal with and should not be involved in athletics

The wheel that squeeks the most gets oiled. I ve seen it happen before when two teams couldnt get together.

THEsocalledfan
11-26-2010, 02:25 AM
The wheel that squeeks the most gets oiled. I ve seen it happen before when two teams couldnt get together.

PL is right. As I have said, this will happen over and over and over until it is resolved. Push may even come to shove.

What many are missing in this thread is that UND is much more of the problem at this point. NDSU does seem ready to burry the hatchet; it is UND who seems to want to drag this out. So, a little in town pressure is a good thing in my book. To me, he is screwing UND's plans much more than NDSU.

Let's just get this over with.

NDSUstudent
11-26-2010, 06:30 AM
They know over at SS.com that Gene is right, they will never admit it but deep down they know his last offer of every other year was fair.

They can't say so because it wasn't their idea and isn't on their terms. From the very start that is what it has been all about. We didn't go DI on their terms so they couldn't play us every year anymore and now an every other year deal isn't good enough because they need the game every year.

Now that they have joined the conference of many frequent flier miles they need a local yearly rivalry game just to stay relevant. NDSU is the only school that makes their fans forget about hockey for ten seconds and notice the other sports on their campus.

There is no reasoning with the spoiled child that resides to our north. They'll pout and whine until the legislature gives them what they want. I can hear the winged monkeys rattling in their cages already, planning their attack. Gene can offer them deal after deal where both sides win, but in the end it isn't going to be good enough until they get their way.

HerdBot
11-26-2010, 07:57 AM

Now they are looking at banning happy hours beause it's potentially dangerous.

Bison"FANatic"
11-26-2010, 11:28 AM
I am sure that we will hear all about this on a certain radio show and probably soon. Lets just say they would love to put a Dem named Moch on the radio, he was beaten soundly for secretary of state so he needs to keep his name in the press somehow before the legislature is back in session. Just remember the name and how he used the legislatures time when it comes voting time and he is running for another statewide election.

A1pigskin
11-26-2010, 02:16 PM

Don't they have something better to do. Goodness.....

WYOBISONMAN
11-26-2010, 02:51 PM
I woud bet if they put a carrot out there.....like $300,000 appropriation for the school that hosts the game and $600,000 for the traveling school, but no requirement for the game to happen.....this thing would get scheduled so fast it would make our heads spin. If the state has such interest in this game pump some cash into the athletic departments and it will happen.

southcliffbison
11-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Lest we forget that there are idiots on both sides of the aisle; last session, a Fargo republican submitted a bill requesting 3 million dollars for a new governor's mansion!!!!!! That bill got shot down also. I lived in ND for 58 years before moving to Sioux Falls in June, and I thought I had heard and seen it all. These two bills/resolutions (requiring the U's to play fb and the 3 mill for a gov's new nest) rank at or near the top of the moronic scale.

WYOBISONMAN
11-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Well......maybe the gov just wants a place as nice as the NDSU President......:hide:

I kid.....I kid......;)

BisManBison
11-26-2010, 06:04 PM
The guy pushing this is Rep. Corey Mock, D-Grand Forks. Now, most of you know I am a left wing Democrat.......but this guy is a TOTAL asshat for doing this. We need to flood this fools email box telling him so and telling him how misguided he is on this.....

Email him here.... crmock@nd.gov

What a dipshit.:smh:

:offtopic: A left wing Democrat in Wyoming???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good one....next thing you'll try telling us unicorns, jackelopes, and Santa Claus all exist too.

TbonZach
11-26-2010, 08:20 PM
:offtopic: A left wing Democrat in Wyoming???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good one....next thing you'll try telling us unicorns, jackelopes, and Santa Claus all exist too.

What?! He doesn't?! :confused: :eeek:

Bisonguy
11-26-2010, 08:37 PM
I woud bet if they put a carrot out there.....like $300,000 appropriation for the school that hosts the game and $600,000 for the traveling school, but no requirement for the game to happen.....this thing would get scheduled so fast it would make our heads spin. If the state has such interest in this game pump some cash into the athletic departments and it will happen.

They should also require the game to be in the Fargodome every year. It's pretty unfair to the people of North Dakota to not have it in a venue with 50% more seating capacity. Of course, UND should also have to put up a $250,000 refundable deposit to cover any damages caused by their fans.

CAS4127
11-26-2010, 08:43 PM

WyomingB is actually a left-wing Democrat, but he did nothing wrong at the MPLS airport!!

HoopsBison
11-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Hey if the Govt cant figure this out at least UND can fall back and know they have mens basketball .

NDSU1980
11-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Once again, und is just making a fool out of themselves with this stuff. This is why und administrators and fans are universally regarded as asshats. They ended the rivalry, said they didn't want to play us, so they and their fans can go screw a tree for all I care. The game ain't gonna happen. PERIOD

WYOBISONMAN
11-27-2010, 12:34 AM

Yup.....but I do have a concealed weapons permit.....so you better not piss me off....;):D ;)

perthbison
11-27-2010, 04:10 AM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;43 but he did nothing wrong at the MPLS airport!![/QUOTE]

That guy was from Idaho and he was a republican. I think they disowned him after the incident.

perthbison
11-27-2010, 08:20 PM
The virg foss article in the GFH today was ass backward. He talks like NDSU discontinued the rivalery games with the sue. In a roundabout he says he hopes we lose our playoff game. Also says Kansas is the worst in the Big 12.:mad: :mad:

Hopeful-Bison-Baller
11-27-2010, 08:24 PM
I didnt read the read other than the OP.

Why isnt this game ever being played anually? What happened that ended it? Why dont you guys want it started back up again? Wouldnt it be an easy W on the schedule?

onbison09
11-27-2010, 10:33 PM
The virg foss article in the GFH today was ass backward. He talks like NDSU discontinued the rivalery games with the sue. In a roundabout he says he hopes we lose our playoff game. Also says Kansas is the worst in the Big 12.:mad: :mad:

And you were expecting something different?