PDA

View Full Version : Montana State Game

Robocopcat
11-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Just wanted to wish you Bison good luck against Robert Morris. You should win. Always good to see another land grant school in the playoffs.

Also, if any of you on this board will be coming to Bozeman next week or someone else you know, please pass the word. We (the Great Falls Bobcat Club Chapter) always extend an invitation to our tailgate to visiting fans. That is to everyone except the Evil Empire called UM.

Your AD may get the word from our AD, but in case not----We would like to have any of your fans who may be coming out to feel free to stop by. Not sure yet what our menu is yet, but we will have beer, sodas and hot drinks for sure. May depend on what the temperature is as to what we cook up. If it is half decent, we may have pork loin or prime rib sandwiches. We sometimes have up to about 600 folks there and you will not be harrassed. This is a true invitation to try and make visiting fans welcome in Bozeman.

We also burn a bear before every game representing the UM mascot and we ask a visiting fan be our guest lighter. We are easy to find even if you haven't ever been to Bobcat Stadium before. Kagy Blvd is the main street that runs east/west in front of the stadium. We have a big white tent, blue&gold tent and two trailers parked by them on the northeast corner of the stadium right on the Kagy Blvd.

Game time is at noon MST, we will likely be open for business around 9:00. If you show up early enough, we may even put you to work!!!!!!!!! Right now it is colder than hell out here but it may be 50 above by then, you never know out here when the chinook winds blow in.

Feel free to email me or give me a call at 406-799-5495 if you have questions or want some information about Bozeman. Hope to see some of you out here on the 4th.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Sounds good and thanks for coming to our site and wishing us luck. Will it be easy to get tickets for the game in Bozeman?

We have to take care of business at home first.

cbline
11-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Love the idea of your bear burning ritual! Thanks for the kind words!!

Bisonguy
11-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the invite and kind words!

Hopefully the tailgating is friendlier and causes less damage to the Bison rigs than the last time in Bozeman. :hide:

BlueBisonRock
11-22-2010, 08:38 PM

Its a good thing UND is changing their mascot. :hide: :hide: :hide:

HoopsBison
11-22-2010, 08:43 PM
We cant assume anything, our focus needs to be with Roberto Morris.

MNLonghorn10
11-22-2010, 08:45 PM
We cant assume anything, our focus needs to be with Roberto Morris.

yea because what fans on a message board really dictate the outcome of the game

NDSUFan_Sav
11-22-2010, 08:50 PM

If we did that here we'd be sent home packing...i mean someone burned a shirt and he's gone for the year, pretty sad if you ask me.

HoopsBison
11-22-2010, 08:51 PM
If we win this Saturday guess what... We have a whole week to talk about some guy named Bob who has a cat.

I actually have 35% impact on all games...

Robocopcat
11-22-2010, 08:52 PM
I had to miss the last game we played against each other. Those clowns got their asses reamed after that deal and all of us non student folks try to police any out of control aholes!!! That was a total embarrassment to true Bobcat fans. In fact, they banned drinking alcohol in that parking lot for a couple of years and have better security than they used to. So I think they got the message. Their are still a few guys behind the visiting bench that will sometimes get on a player that appears to be a jerk but other than that we get a lot of comments back from fans on thanking us in general.

As far as tickets go, we Bobcat season ticket holders have until Wednesday to reserve tickets (same number as our regular season tickets). They go on sale to the general public next weekend after Thanksgiving.

There is a visitor section and I am sure NDSU is guaranteed so many but I have no idea as to how many. You may want to check with NDSU as to if they handle the tickets or if you need to call MSU. Not sure how the playoffs do the tickets. And in fact sometimes MSU physically handles tickets when we go on the road and sometimes we have to call the other school. My guess is it will probably sell out even though some folks may not show up if the weather is real shitty but will sell out just the same. So see if you can find out how many NDSU will have if any and then call MSU office.

If indeed you need to call MSU the number for the ticket office is

406-994-CATS

And I am serious if you want some tips as to where to eat, party, etc. give me a call. 406-799-5495

MNLonghorn10
11-22-2010, 08:55 PM
If we win this Saturday guess what... We have a whole week to talk about some guy named Bob who has a cat.

damn. i only have a .03% impact. forget what i said

Tatanka
11-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Just wanted to wish you Bison good luck against Robert Morris. You should win. Always good to see another land grant school in the playoffs.

Also, if any of you on this board will be coming to Bozeman next week or someone else you know, please pass the word. We (the Great Falls Bobcat Club Chapter) always extend an invitation to our tailgate to visiting fans. That is to everyone except the Evil Empire called UM.

Your AD may get the word from our AD, but in case not----We would like to have any of your fans who may be coming out to feel free to stop by. Not sure yet what our menu is yet, but we will have beer, sodas and hot drinks for sure. May depend on what the temperature is as to what we cook up. If it is half decent, we may have pork loin or prime rib sandwiches. We sometimes have up to about 600 folks there and you will not be harrassed. This is a true invitation to try and make visiting fans welcome in Bozeman.

We also burn a bear before every game representing the UM mascot and we ask a visiting fan be our guest lighter. We are easy to find even if you haven't ever been to Bobcat Stadium before. Kagy Blvd is the main street that runs east/west in front of the stadium. We have a big white tent, blue&gold tent and two trailers parked by them on the northeast corner of the stadium right on the Kagy Blvd.

Game time is at noon MST, we will likely be open for business around 9:00. If you show up early enough, we may even put you to work!!!!!!!!! Right now it is colder than hell out here but it may be 50 above by then, you never know out here when the chinook winds blow in.

Feel free to email me or give me a call at 406-799-5495 if you have questions or want some information about Bozeman. Hope to see some of you out here on the 4th.

Appreciate the invite. Considering the damage to vehicles and personal property last time NDSU visited MSU it's nice to hear there's some hospitality being shown...

NDSUFan_Sav
11-22-2010, 08:56 PM
And I am serious if you want some tips as to where to eat, party, etc. give me a call. 406-799-5495

Why do you get this impression that we like to "party" we might like a couple drinks and socialize and that's about it :D

MontBison
11-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Why do you get this impression that we like to "party" we might like a couple drinks and socialize and that's about it :D

God I hope we win! This game has got to happen!!

BlueBisonRock
11-22-2010, 09:22 PM
yea because what fans on a message board really dictate the outcome of the game

You need to review the protocol. Bisonville is required reading for the coaching staff as well as the local sporting news outlets. ;)

devin45k
11-22-2010, 09:36 PM
I gotta admit....I am happy Montana State got in the playoffs over Montana

CaBisonFan
11-22-2010, 09:45 PM
What a classy post from a visitor. Wow

Thanks for the invitation and friendly post. We don't see many of these...at least not of this caliber. Not one negative vibe.

I used to live in Great Falls. Taught at GFHS. Short time. I'm related to a family that used to own a boat/recreation shop....McMennamies. (spelling?) Not sure if they're still around.

Good luck to Montana State in the playoffs !!

OrygunBison
11-22-2010, 09:52 PM

I will drink your beer and eat your buffalo wings. I will thank you kindly, call you Nancy and laugh as my team puts a whuppin' on your little bobpussies.

Er, I mean, thanks for the invite. That is very nice of you. You guys are all class. Seriously.

No, really.

lakesbison
11-22-2010, 09:57 PM
The Rainforest Will Take Over Bozeman. Believe That!

MontBison
11-22-2010, 10:15 PM
The Rainforest Will Take Over Bozeman. Believe That!

Hahah there's not many trees to speak of around the stadium. Overall tailgating here is pretty redneck, I can't even imagine the look of these people's faces if the rain forrest showed up. BTW all of the tailgate spots are sold out but I believe (not sure) that you're allowed to tailgate in the lot across from the stadium.

MontBison
11-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Also the game will be carried on the espn family of networks.

Notorious
11-22-2010, 10:31 PM

"I'm Rod and I like to party."

No_Skill
11-22-2010, 10:37 PM

Hey, I like to party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW0w0ErlgAM

BlueBisonRock
11-22-2010, 10:42 PM

Hey! That's my line.

No_Skill
11-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Hey! That's my line.

No, nobody parties but me!

coldspot
11-22-2010, 10:47 PM

yeah, just rod...and me.

Clawed
11-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Another Bobcat fan here, What happened a few years back was a total embarassment to our fans and our school. I sincerely hope you guys win so we can have a second chance and show you that was a one time incedent and that MSU has taken steps to ensure that doesn't happen again. I have absolutely nothing to do with the Great Falls Boosters, but I can assure you the are the real deal and will show you a nice time. I'd be willing to bet Bison Fans would be welcome at 95% of the tailgates, but I will drum up some other invites in case you want to wander away from The Great Falls Boosters. Good luck this Saturday and I hope to have some cold ones with many of you in two weeks!

tjbison
11-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Holy shit must be a slow day in Bozeman!!!!:D :D Welcome Cat fans, hope you guys don't jinx us and we embarrass ourselves and lose to a half Scholly NEC team.

But I'm secretly trying to work some plans to get to Bozeman already:hide: :hide: :nod:

Rich K
11-23-2010, 12:53 AM
Holy shit must be a slow day in Bozeman!!!!:D :D Welcome Cat fans, hope you guys don't jinx us and we embarrass ourselves and lose to a half Scholly NEC team.

But I'm secretly trying to work some plans to get to Bozeman already:hide: :hide: :nod:

Another Bobcat here!

Not sure how slow a day in Bozeman it is as we keep overloading our own forum server! I hope to see a return of the Bison to Bozeman. ESPN.Com showed that you guys used 3 quarterbacks against your last opponent. Can you give us a quick update on what that's all about?

Gully
11-23-2010, 12:57 AM
Another Bobcat here!

Not sure how slow a day in Bozeman it is as we keep overloading our own forum server! I hope to see a return of the Bison to Bozeman. ESPN.Com showed that you guys used 3 quarterbacks against your last opponent. Can you give us a quick update on what that's all about?

The top two have shoulder injuries and we're hopeful they'll be able to play but not sure. None of the three were very effective.

lakesbison
11-23-2010, 12:57 AM
IS there anyway to know if these cats are spade or neutured?? seems to be alot of multiplying going on.

tjbison
11-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Another Bobcat here!

Bad day all around in Springfield, Our D is lockdown at times, we have some very promising Corners, on the Offensive side well lets just say we have to take that game by game. Hoefully RMU can be a "warm-up" for the Cats.

Welcome to B'ville BTW

Mr. Burgundy
11-23-2010, 01:50 AM
Appreciate the invite. Considering the damage to vehicles and personal property last time NDSU visited MSU it's nice to hear there's some hospitality being shown...

I am planning on going for sure, but due to vandalism the last time we played, no chance we are bringing the trailer out there. I appreciate the majority of the great fans, but not taking that chance.

ndsubison1
11-23-2010, 01:55 AM

You guys are way classier than the Grizz. Boy am I happy those guys are not in the playoffs!

ndsubison1
11-23-2010, 02:03 AM
IS there anyway to know if these cats are spade or neutured?? seems to be alot of multiplying going on.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-pictures-big-brother-cat-bullies-little-cat.jpg

lakesbison
11-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Im all for ____ but not BOB CATS. I cannot wait to goto BOZEMAN and beat them... Dam thats gonna be SWEEET!!

4mcruenomore
11-23-2010, 02:34 AM
Best place to get rooms? Thinking of reserving, even if we don't win, we will take a couple of days and hit another game!

Clawed
11-23-2010, 03:06 AM
Best place to get rooms? Thinking of reserving, even if we don't win, we will take a couple of days and hit another game!

Gran Tree has a great bar in it (adult fun)
C'Mon Inn is pretty cool, bunch of Hot Tubs and pool (better with Kids)
Hilton Garden
There are about 10 hotels less than 5 years old it seems. Should be easy.

4mcruenomore
11-23-2010, 03:17 AM
Gran Tree has a great bar in it (adult fun)
C'Mon Inn is pretty cool, bunch of Hot Tubs and pool (better with Kids)
Hilton Garden
There are about 10 hotels less than 5 years old it seems. Should be easy.

How is the tailgate, drive my truck in with a cooler, grill, etc.., or are the good spots reserved?

cats2506
11-23-2010, 03:22 AM
You guys are way classier than the Grizz. Boy am I happy those guys are not in the playoffs!

We were happy to eliminate them :cool:

Robocopcat
11-23-2010, 03:23 AM
A couple of things on some of the questions/comments from some of you Bison . I wasn't at the last MSU/NDSU game--was in Texas at NASCAR race but heard about the vandalism thing while I was down there.

I assume that you guys parked on the east side of the stadium which also is/was the student lot. General parking is no longer available there as it is still the student lot with a fair amount of it paid tailgate spots. You will need to park north of there near the Brick Breeden Fieldhouse (big round dome type building). As far as I know nothing has happened to visitor stuff since the general parking has shifted. You can get a map of MSU off the internet to know where you are.

If you want to have your own alumni type of tailgate, I would suggest you have your AD or SID contact MSU to line up a spot. I know Weber State fans brought a trailer and did their own thing this year when we played them. If there are going to be a lot of Bison fans driving--they may be able to do parking like we do for the Grizzly game which is to park in a nearby field. The MSU SID would have to line that up though I think. That has been a comment from many Bobcats-----"put in more general parking near the stadium."

As far as rooms, there are several motels in the Bozeman/Belgrade area. Belgrade is about 8 miles west. Most teams stay at the Holiday Inn or Best Western Grantree Inn on 7th Avenue when they come to Bozeman. You should be able to internet search other motels if you have frequent stay points at a certain kind.

As a couple of other Bobcat's have posted already, the tailgate atmosphere at Bozeman has changed dramatically since your last visit and I am sure that any of you would be welcome at any of the tailgates particularly on the west and north sides (100% adult/booster)of the stadium.

WYOBISONMAN
11-23-2010, 03:25 AM
I am planning on going for sure, but due to vandalism the last time we played, no chance we are bringing the trailer out there. I appreciate the majority of the great fans, but not taking that chance.

Burgundy......I think you are alright as long as there are no sheep in the trailer. If there are sheep in there then there will be horrid things happening when the Cat fans sniff them out.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q313/therreid1/Sheepguy1.jpg

Robocopcat
11-23-2010, 03:33 AM
I was wondering what happened to my old girlfriend. For those of you driving over on I90, you will be passing by some prime dating country around Miles City and then between Billings and Big Timber. Just leave the one named Mona alone-----she's mine.

For you NoDaker's that don't have the official survival kit, I can send one to you for a one time price of $29.99. This includes 1 pair of irrigation rubber boots, 501 jeans and velcro covered gloves. The 501 jeans are an improvement because a sheep can hear a zipper a mile away.

WYOBISONMAN
11-23-2010, 03:35 AM
I was wondering what happened to my old girlfriend. For those of you driving over on I90, you will be passing by some prime dating country around Miles City and then between Billings and Big Timber. Just leave the one named Mona alone-----she's mine.

For you NoDaker's that don't have the official survival kit, I can send one to you for a one time price of $29.99. This includes 1 pair of irrigation rubber boots, 501 jeans and velcro covered gloves. The 501 jeans are an improvement because a sheep can hear a zipper a mile away.

Oh shit......you have us laughing down here in WYO after that post!!! Reps to you on that!

Tatanka
11-23-2010, 03:37 AM

This post is approved. :rofl:

56BISON73
11-23-2010, 03:39 AM

That there is some funny stuff!!!

Tatanka
11-23-2010, 03:41 AM
That there is some funny stuff!!!

Funny, hell. that there was a documentary.

tjbison
11-23-2010, 03:43 AM

EPIC!!!! Might be the first non bison to climb the rep ranks right to the top:D

OrygunBison
11-23-2010, 04:09 AM

You got any goats?

skolbrother
11-23-2010, 05:01 AM

This 'Cat' gets it. Fantastic posting!

4mcruenomore
11-23-2010, 05:11 AM
Burgundy......I think you are alright as long as there are no sheep in the trailer. If there are sheep in there then there will be horrid things happening when the Cat fans sniff them out.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q313/therreid1/Sheepguy1.jpg

And you think I have stupid posts.

Clawed
11-23-2010, 12:40 PM

I like to take mine to the edge of a cliff so they push back!

Clawed
11-23-2010, 12:41 PM

I would never ever ever where a shirt like that!

4mcruenomore
11-23-2010, 12:57 PM
I would never ever ever where a shirt like that!

hahaha!!!!!!!

WYOBISONMAN
11-23-2010, 12:59 PM

I can probably outstupid anyone on here......Just ask my wife....;)

missingnumber7
11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
For all you skiing enthusiasts Bridger Bowl just annonced the early season. Down hill Skiing is available. (as to differentiate from the up hill skiing available in ND and MN.)

bison93
11-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Let's take care of business on Saturday so we can pary in Bozeman.. :cheers:

Twentysix
11-23-2010, 03:48 PM

Feel free to email me or give me a call at 406-799-5495 if you have questions or want some information about Bozeman. Hope to see some of you out here on the 4th. it was -22 when I left for work how cold is cold as hell?

tony
11-23-2010, 04:18 PM
it was -22 when I left for work how cold is cold as hell?

http://www.bing.com/weather/search?q=%22Grand%20forks%22%20weather&unit=F&qpvt=%22Grand+forks%22+weather

:hide: I keed, I keed.

Clawed
11-23-2010, 04:57 PM
it was -22 when I left for work how cold is cold as hell?

Let me introduce you to my wife! I have to warm up my truck in August!

TransAmBison
11-23-2010, 05:36 PM
I can probably outstupid anyone on here......Just ask my wife....;)
I'll ask her when she wakes up. :D

BisoninNWMN
11-23-2010, 05:39 PM
I'll ask her when she wakes up. :D

Damn, I'm starting to get your sense-of-humor.......:D

bobcatsinmso
11-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Go NDSU! A win this Sat. means some of my cousins from ND might come and visit, and experience our Bobcat home cooking. Tune up those ski's boys!

perthbison
11-25-2010, 12:26 AM

Thanks, I will definately find you guys if we win this weekend.

perthbison
11-25-2010, 12:32 AM

definately another Land grant university. Great humor!:D :D

Comfortably Numb Bison
11-25-2010, 12:35 AM

I personally think I have 85% impact on all games. If I wear my lucky green bison shirt we win. Unfortunetly I had to work last weekend and didn't wear it and we lost to Missouri State. SORRY MY FAULT

TAILG8R
11-25-2010, 02:37 AM
I personally think I have 85% impact on all games. If I wear my lucky green bison shirt we win. Unfortunetly I had to work last weekend and didn't wear it and we lost to Missouri State. SORRY MY FAULT

I hope you don't wear that green shirt for home games as it is a well known fact that the visiting team is more intimidated by yellow. :)

IBleedYellow
11-25-2010, 02:51 AM
See, reasons like THIS are why I despise those people up North and Like the Southerners. And now the Westerners!