PDA

View Full Version : Soooo....I take it that's a no on firing Craig Bohl?

bisonatrix
11-21-2010, 04:00 PM
:)

Shouldn't have happened anyway had we not made the playoffs. Going from 3 wins to 7 and playoff contention was a nice jump. Since this team is fairly young I'm sure the expectations will be higher next year now that we'll have some playoff experience.

MinotBison
11-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Would a playoff win (or two) save Vigen's bacon?

NDSUFan_Sav
11-21-2010, 05:43 PM

hopefully not

NWNDBison
11-21-2010, 08:37 PM

It depends on how the wins are accomplished and what kind of plays are run.

If we wimp our way through it and get lucky, "No."

If we steamroll a team or two and make it look like we were playing SDSU, his job is secure.

Facts
11-21-2010, 08:38 PM
It depends on how the wins are accomplished and what kind of plays are run.

If we wimp our way through it and get lucky, "No."

If we steamroll a team or two and make it look like we were playing SDSU, his job is secure.

IMHO the defense beat SDSU, and the offense was downright "offensive".

bisonranch
11-21-2010, 10:12 PM
I would have fired Bohl last year for the losing season and huge recruiting lapse of the previous years. However, I'd say he stays this year but need major shake up on offense. Offense has been starting flat for years, nothing seems to change. Football is a big business at NDSU, success will generate a lot of revenue.

1bizon1
11-21-2010, 10:21 PM
hopefully not

Dbl hopefully not. He has had his time to make a go of it. Granted, he hasn't had as many quality athletes to work with, but he is TOO predictable. JMHO....

4mcruenomore
11-21-2010, 10:41 PM
I'll hold my opinion on firing him til after our performance on saturday.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Dbl hopefully not. He has had his time to make a go of it. Granted, he hasn't had as many quality athletes to work with, but he is TOO predictable. JMHO....

Make that triple!

A1pigskin
11-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Right now the coaches need to prove they can win a playoff game. The time is now.

56BISON73
11-22-2010, 01:38 AM
Lets see---
We went from 3-8 to 7-4 and the playoffs.

Our # 1 QB is out for the season
Our # 2 QB is questionable for this weekend
Our # 3 QB hasnt seen any extended game time
Our O-line is like a sieve during pass protection
Our O-line cant run block
We just got beat 3-0

I dont see how the results of this game are going to be a determining factor of Bohls future.

SDbison
11-22-2010, 04:33 AM
Lets see---
We went from 3-8 to 7-4 and the playoffs.

Our # 1 QB is out for the season
Our # 2 QB is questionable for this weekend
Our # 3 QB hasnt seen any extended game time
Our O-line is like a sieve during pass protection
Our O-line cant run block
We just got beat 3-0

I dont see how the results of this game are going to be a determining factor of Bohls future.
Not sure what you are saying, but Bohl has got to be put on notice. One of the terms to keeping him needs to be an improved offense next year. Bohl, if you stay with Vigen then you hang yourself dumba$$.

ISXBISON
11-22-2010, 04:35 AM
Not sure what you are saying, but Bohl has got to be put on notice. One of the terms to keeping him needs to be an improved offense next year. Bohl, if you stay with Vigen then you hang yourself dumba$$.

Bohl's job is safe for at least another year...don't kid yourself

56BISON73
11-22-2010, 04:45 AM

I dont think there will be any terms for his continued employment. The fact is the team is 7-4 and in the playoffs. Doesnt make any difference how or why they got in. They are in.
Which is Much better than last year. All he has to do is show improvement and not back slide.

As far as my post I went off on a rant and lost my train of thought-point. I said piss on it and posted it anyway.

ISXBISON
11-22-2010, 04:52 AM
I just said he has to prove it next year.......read my post!

I meant after next

56BISON73
11-22-2010, 04:54 AM
7-4 should be a bad year for the Bison based oin the facilities and support the Bison get. I know what your next rant will be........just transitioned from DII......blah blah blah.

Nope not what I was going to say.
But I see you continually use the facilities, support blah blah blah at every turn.
Looks like you are in your dark place so rant on.

ISXBISON
11-22-2010, 04:57 AM
Don't think so.......think how the vikes fell on their face.......could happen to the Bison next year. This 7-4 Bison team could just as well been 4-7.

Or 9-2.......

mgbison
11-22-2010, 05:21 AM
I don't know how anybody couldn't be happy about us being in the playoffs. We went from 3-8 to 7-4 in one season, and people are still bitching. People need to get a frickin life.

We are probably the youngest team in the conference/playoff field. Football is a team game. Great defenses make up for lackluster offenses and vise versa. As bad as our scheme is on offense, our oline isn't what it was in the previous years. We definitely need to improve on the offensive side of the ball, but every team has some sort of weakness.

To defend the offense, I think if Vraa and Gebhardt wouldn't have gotten injured prior to the season that they would help the offense tremendously. How many teams can say that they have 2 true freshman starting on the oline?

ndsubison1
11-22-2010, 05:38 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7qiflGyKIcA/SfuJ7kgEUsI/AAAAAAAAF0I/E4mjPMHzxso/s400/NoShitSherlock.jpg