PDA

View Full Version : How long would it take to install the veer?

Hansel
11-21-2010, 02:59 PM
1 week???????????

Wally
11-21-2010, 03:00 PM
1 week???????????

You still need a competent offensive coordinator to do that

NDSUstudent
11-21-2010, 03:01 PM
You still need a competent offensive coordinator to do that

Rocky is looking for a job.

Herd
11-21-2010, 03:04 PM
And the option QB would be ... ?

Jose - No, he's one hit away
Dante - maybe
Voit - maybe
Thornton - my vote, but we can't pull his shirt.

I actually think that we need a healthy Jose, and we need to run to normal offense.

FarSouth Bison
11-21-2010, 03:05 PM
And what is the NORMAL offence?

coldspot
11-21-2010, 03:05 PM

Dante - maybe
Voit - maybe

I actually think that we need a healthy Jose, and we need to run to normal offense.

a normal offense usually scores....

bisonhp330
11-21-2010, 03:06 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THE VEER!!!!!!!!!!!!

to make it easier for vigen:

http://americanfootballmonthly.com/Subaccess/Magazine/2008/July/images/JCCS-04.jpg

Bisonfan1
11-21-2010, 03:08 PM

http://americanfootballmonthly.com/Subaccess/Magazine/2008/July/images/JCCS-04.jpg

Im calling your boss for a one week excused absense from work for you to help install one said offense called the VEER !!!

bisonmike2
11-21-2010, 03:12 PM

you know you need to flip the image around and send him that one too? Otherwise he'll only run it to the right.:D

bisonhp330
11-21-2010, 03:32 PM
you know you need to flip the image around and send him that one too? Otherwise he'll only run it to the right.:D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JMB
11-21-2010, 05:41 PM
They may find this useful.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2939820/1990-NDSU-OFFENSIVE-PLAYBOOK

CaBisonFan
11-21-2010, 05:55 PM

Please go and visit him. Explain the concept of deception...and how it even helps the O-line.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-21-2010, 05:56 PM

Dante - maybe
Voit - maybe

you just became 4m's best friend

4mcruenomore
11-21-2010, 07:10 PM
you just became 4m's best friend

Am I allowed to have friends in internet message boards?

Tatanka
11-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Am I allowed to have friends in internet message boards?

Sounds like you made lots of friends over at whosports...

OrygunBison
11-21-2010, 07:22 PM
I think the read-option might be a better choice for today's game.

That said, did you see MSU try to run that against the Bison yesterday? That was possibly the worst version of the read-option that I have ever seen. I would have expected better execution coaching my 6-7 year old's playing in their flag football league. I guess I am just used to seeing the Ducks run it to perfection.

BlueBisonRock
11-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Rocky is looking for a job.

Yes! I am willing to come out of retirement. And I did run the veer successfully with my sixth and seventh grade teams.

BurroBlue
11-22-2010, 12:36 AM
I've said it 100 billion times...there's nothing wrong with an elite team running the veer from under center. For some reason, everyone seems to think you have to get in the gun for it to be effective in "today's" game...what a load of crap. How many pure veer teams has NDSU played since making the transition? None? It would be brand new to the league, tough as hell to defend, and would give the Bison an identity again (ironically, the same one they used to have).

Yes you would have to recruit some new kids in, but you'll have to do that with any new OC walking in the door. FWIW, I think Perez would be just fine as an under center veer quarterback. It would be a great way to get the ball in Sigers hands in open field; smaller, quicker linemen would work well, and I'll bet a young fullback like Grothmann would catch on pretty quickly....but I'm biased.

ndsubison1
11-22-2010, 01:06 AM
id prefer the spread

A1pigskin
11-22-2010, 01:07 AM
Craig would never bring in Rocky.

JMB
11-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Craig would never bring in Rocky.

Wasn't Rocky a defensive guy anyways? Not saying he didn't understand the veer,,,,

IzzyFlexion
11-22-2010, 12:11 PM
id prefer the spread

HerdBot
11-22-2010, 05:45 PM
I've said it 100 billion times...there's nothing wrong with an elite team running the veer from under center. For some reason, everyone seems to think you have to get in the gun for it to be effective in "today's" game...what a load of crap. How many pure veer teams has NDSU played since making the transition? None? It would be brand new to the league, tough as hell to defend, and would give the Bison an identity again (ironically, the same one they used to have).

Yes you would have to recruit some new kids in, but you'll have to do that with any new OC walking in the door. FWIW, I think Perez would be just fine as an under center veer quarterback. It would be a great way to get the ball in Sigers hands in open field; smaller, quicker linemen would work well, and I'll bet a young fullback like Grothmann would catch on pretty quickly....but I'm biased.

I actually agree. In the playoffs, (playoffs?) you will have a hell of a time preparing for the veer. It's crazy shit and hard to simulate in practice.

It's easier to recruit veer type QB's too. I'd like to see a hybrid veer/spread offense. Classic yet modern. The West Coast is just too darn complicated and it's hard to find QB's that fit the system.

Could it possibly be more ineffective that what we're doing? It's certainly not any less exiting.

THEsocalledfan
11-22-2010, 07:16 PM
I actually agree. In the playoffs, (playoffs?) you will have a hell of a time preparing for the veer. It's crazy shit and hard to simulate in practice.

It's easier to recruit veer type QB's too. I'd like to see a hybrid veer/spread offense. Classic yet modern. The West Coast is just too darn complicated and it's hard to find QB's that fit the system.

Could it possibly be more ineffective that what we're doing? It's certainly not any less exiting.

I know TAB seems to be losing his love for the veer, but the further we get away from it, the more I want it back. I know it is tough to ever come back in a game when running the veer and there is significant fumbling risk, but I think that outweighed by the positives if you have the right QB to run it.

ndsubison1
11-22-2010, 07:32 PM
the 50's called. they want their veer offense back

OrygunBison
11-22-2010, 07:40 PM
The part of the veer that I liked the most wasn't so much the run, run, run, run, although that was good too. I liked how we'd run it 32 times in a row, then when everything looks the same and they are sweeping around the corner, the TE comes off his block, catches the short dump pass and runs - every frickin' time, mind you - to payday.

How many games was Simmy 4 for 4 with 150 yards passing? Didn't that veer offense have 4 or 5 passing TD's in Florence?

CAS4127
11-22-2010, 07:53 PM
The part of the veer that I liked the most wasn't so much the run, run, run, run, although that was good too. I liked how we'd run it 32 times in a row, then when everything looks the same and they are sweeping around the corner, the TE comes off his block, catches the short dump pass and runs - every frickin' time, mind you - to payday.

How many games was Simmy 4 for 4 with 150 yards passing? Didn't that veer offense have 4 or 5 passing TD's in Florence?

The throw to the "blocking" wide receivers was also very effective. That said, and not to bust the veer's bubble, but a 3-4 defense if very effective against the veer--why do you think the Who borrowed it from us, and why do you think we went to it in 85 (think USD). Also, the 3-4 has been very effective against our current offensive scheme, whatever that is. I personaly feel we should go with the "read" or "speed" option, at least part of the time, and I am betting we see some of it next year, even if Vigen is still around.

Bisonguy
11-22-2010, 08:53 PM
the 50's called. they want their veer offense back

Like, it was the 60's, man.

TransAmBison
11-22-2010, 09:30 PM
I know TAB seems to be losing his love for the veer, but the further we get away from it, the more I want it back. I know it is tough to ever come back in a game when running the veer and there is significant fumbling risk, but I think that outweighed by the positives if you have the right QB to run it.
That could not be further from the truth. TAB loves the veer...but any offense can and will work if properly executed...