PDA

View Full Version : Rosters

BisoninNWMN
11-17-2010, 11:44 PM
I noticed that the roster from last year to this year has 9 guys that did not come back to the team.

Why is that?

Recruiting poor wrestlers or bad judge of talent??

Just wondering......maybe that is why we are always "rebuilding"....cannot get these mediocre recruits to stay here.....

roadwarrior
11-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Remember there is a total of 9.9 scholarships I believe, so probably some were walk-ons.

BisoninNWMN
11-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Remember there is a total of 9.9 scholarships I believe, so probably some were walk-ons.

Hey Road, thanks for the reply.....not many write on the wrestling board.

Ya, good point about the schollies....but look at the Gophers, same # of schollies and they have:

125: 4
133: 5
141: 7
149: 8
157: 3
165: 3
174: 6
184: 1
197: 4
HWT: 3

Gophs have the same # of schollies and have twice the numbers we do.....:( :( :(

Ya, UM is one of the best programs in the nation, so they will get a lot of guys trying to make the team. They just signed 2 Apple Valley kids and Wisconsin signed 2 others......you would have thought the Bison could have been in the running for the 2 Wisc guys....:( :( :(

Maybe I have my expectations set too high for the wrestling program?? But when you see schools have wrestlers win NCs from other than the Big 10/12...it makes me wonder why the Bison haven't had at least ONE wrester make All-American (top 8).

I can almost guarantee that when we wrestle the Gophs this year, we will get completely blown out with no Bison winning a match. IMO, we should be at the point, program wise, where we can win 2-4 matches against a top 10 team.

Look at the Bison open. Ex-Bison Sovde, transfered to Moorhead this year and he beat our guy.......:smh: :smh: Why did he transfer??......Looks like he could have been the starter here.....:( :(

Road, you have been around Bison athletics for a long time. What is wrong with the wrestling program?? I have my ideas but I wish the coaches would say...."we're not getting in done".....because that is what it seems like to me.