PDA

View Full Version : Oral Roberts

bisonfan08
11-17-2010, 08:20 PM
I dunno if anyone else watched the Tulsa vs. ORU game yesterday, but after watching that game I'm feeling more confident about our chances in the Summit this year. In the 2nd half Tulsa took Morrison away and ORU struggled to get any offense going. I feel with Tveidt, Braun and Trayvonn all having the ability to guard Morrison we could possibly shut him down as well and make the rest of the team beat us. Now two things to consider: First, it's game 2 of the season and there's no doubt in my mind a Scott Sutton coached team will find other ways to score within the offense and other players will step up. Second, Craion still has not made an appearance, I don't know what his time table is for return, but no doubt he will bring more scoring to the table when he does return. Still from what I've seen through 2 games I think we have the better team. IUPUI is playing good ball and will be competitive and Oakland will be tough as nails once they get through their meat grinder of an OOC schedule. Looks to me like it will be a 4 team race to the finish and a pretty competative and exciting one at that.

lakesbison
11-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Yes there's a thread somewhere bout it.

Craoin Helps that team a lot!

Niles had a bad game, he's better than that.

Lastly Mclintlock is a dribbling BEAST Jerry west type, he will go around drew,nate ALOT!!

we 3-4 with Oak,Oru top 2, us,Ipfw,iupui next

Kermit
11-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Don't shed any tears for ORU, they will be tough in the conference. They are long and athletic as always, but they appear to lack the space eater in the post this year. They will defend well.

Lakes, Mclintock (sp) will be a good player, but please don't compare him to Jerry West! West was a big athletic combo guard and one of the greatest players in the history of the NBA.

lakesbison
11-18-2010, 02:03 AM
I said 'type' have u.seen him dribble yet?

Kermit
11-18-2010, 02:21 AM

Yes, I watched McClintock and I agree that he has a great handle.

You are too young to have seen Jerry West--he was aging when I saw him as a teenager. West was a big guard for his day and a superb athlete. He had an incredibly high release point on his jumper that made it unstoppable. McClintock is very highly skilled, but he is neither big nor particularly athletic. The only real similarity with West is that he looks like a hillbilly (jk). West was known as "Zeke from Cabin Creek" when he came out of West Virginia.

Herd
11-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Yes, I have expected more from ORU so far. But I think they will improve throughout the year.

Did you watch the SDSU dismantling of Iowa? That's been the most impressive (one of them at least) Summit win so far. SDSU is shooting the lights out and will be a very tough game this year. I think the Summit will be a 5 team race, not 4. SDSU doesn't have much inside, but they can shoot like nobody else in the Summit with Sargent, Wolters, White, Dykstra. Pretty good team too.

unbison
11-18-2010, 11:17 AM

This ain't the and1 tour

bisonfan08
11-18-2010, 01:08 PM
There was no doubt watching McClintock that he can handle and distribute the rock, a good PG to run the offense but his shot looked awful and he doesn't pose much of a scoring threat and it was mentioned he could dribble around Drew and Nate, but with his size I don't think he is physical enough to guard Drew on the other end of the floor either. Going to be interesting to watch this thing unfold. As far as SDSU is concerned I don't seen them shooting this well for an entire season and although they played a big name in Iowa I think we've all discussed that they aren't much of a quality team. Wait until they are trying to shoot under pressure while being guarded by longer more athletic teams and then we'll see how they do. Everybody can shoot when your open it's whether or not you can shoot with a hand in your face that makes you a shooter.

Kermit
11-18-2010, 01:39 PM
There was no doubt watching McClintock that he can handle and distribute the rock, a good PG to run the offense but his shot looked awful and he doesn't pose much of a scoring threat and it was mentioned he could dribble around Drew and Nate, but with his size I don't think he is physical enough to guard Drew on the other end of the floor either. Going to be interesting to watch this thing unfold. As far as SDSU is concerned I don't seen them shooting this well for an entire season and although they played a big name in Iowa I think we've all discussed that they aren't much of a quality team. Wait until they are trying to shoot under pressure while being guarded by longer more athletic teams and then we'll see how they do. Everybody can shoot when your open it's whether or not you can shoot with a hand in your face that makes you a shooter.

Excellent comments. We have reason to be optimistic about this season.

Go Bison!!