PDA

View Full Version : Request for prayers from Bisonville

Marlins
11-17-2010, 02:21 AM
Bisonville fans,

I have a HUGE favor to ask of you...

After undergoing a number of tests over the past two weeks I finally received the results from a recent biopsy I had done on what appeared to be a solid mass growing within my right chest wall. My doctor said it's a malignant tumor that fits into the Ewing's Sarcoma family (bone and soft-tissue cancer). The mass is also 6.1-inches x 5.4-inches x 4.3-inches in diameter.

The next step is to set up an appointment with an Oncologist at MD Anderson Hospital in Houston to begin treatment later this week. So I have chemotherapy and surgery to look forward to.

Please be praying for me and my family as we deal with this horrible disease.

Thanks,

Marlin Lee

Bisonguy
11-17-2010, 02:26 AM
My thoughts and prayers for you and your family, Marlin.

Fuck cancer.

CivilBison96
11-17-2010, 02:26 AM
You sir will be in my thoughts and prayers!!

Siouxfallsbison
11-17-2010, 02:29 AM
We will be praying for you in Sioux Falls. God Bless

Leonardite
11-17-2010, 02:32 AM
Go get em, Marlin. Praying for you.

Bison"FANatic"
11-17-2010, 02:33 AM
We will be thinking and praying for you.

Go kick its ass!!!!!

jarhead
11-17-2010, 02:33 AM
We'll pray for a speedy recovery Marlin. God bless you and your family.

KC Bison
11-17-2010, 02:34 AM
God bless you and your family. I can do no more than pray for you.

lakesbison
11-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Marlin. Make sure you stay active as much as you can, eat ALOT and try and get into Mayo... but Houston is a great spot too, heard great things.

Just dont ever think negatively, you can beat this man!!

ill be in 'sconi'ville over thanksgiving, at UWGB/NDSU game and Badgers/Northwestern. Ill have a beer at the RED SHED for ya!

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
Good Luck to you and your family. Everyone pray for him, may God bless you.

CHADSTAUS
Hope all goes well.

SDbison
11-17-2010, 02:36 AM
Marlin get well. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

99Bison
God bless you and your family. Prayers are with you.

bkit29
Keep your head up, stay strong, and you will get through this.

Grizzled
11-17-2010, 02:37 AM
Thoughts and prayers with you and your family Marlin.

homer
11-17-2010, 02:40 AM
God bless you and your family Marlin. Definately in my prayers.

ndsubison1
11-17-2010, 02:48 AM
Bisonville fans,

I have a HUGE favor to ask of you...

After undergoing a number of tests over the past two weeks I finally received the results from a recent biopsy I had done on what appeared to be a solid mass growing within my right chest wall. My doctor said it's a malignant tumor that fits into the Ewing's Sarcoma family (bone and soft-tissue cancer). The mass is also 6.1-inches x 5.4-inches x 4.3-inches in diameter.

The next step is to set up an appointment with an Oncologist at MD Anderson Hospital in Houston to begin treatment later this week. So I have chemotherapy and surgery to look forward to.

Please be praying for me and my family as we deal with this horrible disease.

Thanks,

Marlin Lee

Thoughts and Prayers for you!

HandoEX
11-17-2010, 02:50 AM
Definately going to be praying for you Marlins. You are one of my favorite posters here and I have absolutely no doubt that you'll beat this! God bless, my man!

onbison09
11-17-2010, 02:54 AM
Give em Hell Marlin! And I'm praying for you.

CaBisonFan
11-17-2010, 02:57 AM
I will pray every day for you Marlin. Thank you for sharing this with us. If you feel like it, keep us posted as to how things are going. Just edit the original post and add a short new comment so that we can see it.

KTF
11-17-2010, 03:00 AM
my thoughts are with you.

Kermit
11-17-2010, 03:02 AM
I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and your family, Marlin. MD Anderson is a GREAT place!

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-17-2010, 03:04 AM
I will pray every day for you Marlin. Thank you for sharing this with us. If you feel like it, keep us posted as to how things are going. Just edit the original post and add a short new comment so that we can see it.

GREAT IDEA

ISXBISON
11-17-2010, 03:08 AM
My thoughts are with you and your family.

EndZoneQB
11-17-2010, 03:12 AM
Thinking of you and your family, Marlin!

I agree with above statements: Fuck cancer. Like Lakes said, just get your energy up and you'll beat it no problem! I also agree with Mayo. When my father went there, it was about more than the medical care. The way they dealt with the entire situation was something I've never experienced before.

bisonfan11
11-17-2010, 03:12 AM
I'll be praying for you. Keep your head up!

BadlandsBison
11-17-2010, 03:20 AM
God bless! You're in our thoughts.

KilldeerBison
11-17-2010, 03:32 AM
May God bless you and keep you! May the hand of God uphold you, now and always! Have courage, remember you are/will be ok.

MNLonghorn10
11-17-2010, 03:50 AM
good luck! youll beat it.

HerdBot
11-17-2010, 03:56 AM
Im so sorry to hear that. I know its easier said than done but once they remove that piece of shit tumor its all what you eat. Overdose yourself in fruits and vegetables and drink a ton of water. Im talking like a gallon a day. Be strong and remember mind over matter. Fuck cancer. My prayers are with you.

BlueBisonRock
11-17-2010, 04:20 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. My son went through a difficult fight with a cancer this past year. He is now in remission and optomistic that he will beat this monster.

The one thing I learned from him is the importance of attitude. There was never a doubt in his mind that he would come out on top. Keep positive regardless of how the day starts.

If you do choose Rochester, send me a PM. I would welcome spending some time with you and helping you through this.

Hammersmith
11-17-2010, 04:33 AM
I've had it(Ewings sarcoma). It sucks. It can be beat.
(10 years in total remission - cured in all but name)

(the rest in a PM)

DjKyRo
11-17-2010, 04:41 AM
Shoot Marlin, that's just terrible to hear. Your contributions here are greatly appreciated, and I think I'm safe in saying you've got the entirety of Bisonville at your back. Best of luck and a speedy and victorious battle.

Da_Bison
11-17-2010, 06:18 AM
You can beat this Marlin, definitely will be in my prayers.
Look into Alkaline Diet, my brother is in the same battle and he's beating it.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Alkaline-Diet-and-Cancer---Cancer-Cells-Cannot-Live-In-An-Alkaline-Environment&id=458737

NDSUFan_Sav
11-17-2010, 06:19 AM
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Stay strong and you will beat this!!

tony
11-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Sorry to hear about your illness, Marlin. Looking forward to hearing that you have it licked. Get well soon, man!

BisonBabe
11-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Prayers and positive energy heading your way. I will not lie to you there will be rough times ahead as you battle this but you can beat it. All of Bisonville is here for you anytime.

Da Bison
11-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Thoughts and prayers to you Marlin:praying::praying:

Twentysix
11-17-2010, 12:31 PM
You undoubtedly have all of our support.

TransAmBison
11-17-2010, 12:49 PM
You can beat this bud! Thoughts and prayers are with you!

JustinTyem
11-17-2010, 12:53 PM
I will pray for you,your family and best friends. FIGHT,FIGHT,FIGHT

MN_BISON
11-17-2010, 01:18 PM
You're in our thoughts Marlin, kick this things ass buddy!

Superfan
11-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Will be praying for you Marlin. Stay strong!

met1990
11-17-2010, 01:34 PM
You're in our thoughts and prayers!

GradBison
11-17-2010, 01:36 PM
You're in our thoughts as well. Beat this thing!

Bisonfan1
11-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Thoughts and prayers from all of us in our group.

tcbison
11-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Prayers are going out to you Marlin. God bless!

BisonAccountant44
11-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Thought's and prayers with you. You'll beat it!!

WYOBISONMAN
11-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Take care. You are in our thoughts....

Ferd
11-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Keep a positive spirit and you can beat it!

Bisonville is on you side with positive thoughts and prayers.

Herd80
11-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Ditto to all of the above. Go kick this thing in the ass; stay positive and strong.

perthbison
11-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you. I had a malignant cancer taken out four years ago so I know it is scary. It is important to keep beleiving. Were pulling for you. Please keep us posted.

TAILG8R
11-17-2010, 04:09 PM
I have seen a number of family members beat cancer over the years, from my 5 yr old cousin to my 70 yr old(at the time) grandma.

You can beat this!

gotts
11-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Nothing but the best! You can beat this!

thundarsdaddy
11-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Stay positive Marlin, and treat everyday as if you were a teenager and dont have a care in the world!!
Trust me, from someone who has been through this s*** for three years now, stay tough!!!

phxbison
11-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Marlin, You are considered family here at Bisonville, I know everyone here is praying for your speedy recovery and will thinking of you as you go thru your ordeal. My wife works for a large hospital facility here in Phoenix, the president and CEO was diagnosed and treated for his cancer at MD Anderson in Houston. He is now cancer free !! He was so impressed with the treatment he received that he decided to do a joint venture here in Phoenix with MD Anderson.
Please keep us posted on your treatment. I hope we here at Bisonville can help you in some way in the ordeal ahead of you. God Bless you and your family.

IzzyFlexion
11-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Marlin,
For all that you provide to us on this board, the least that we can collectively do is to pray for your speedy recovery.
Take care.

344Johnson
11-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Good Luck; Bisonville has got your back.

westnodak93bison
11-18-2010, 02:07 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with you!

Scooter1
11-18-2010, 02:10 AM
Best wishes Marlin, you are on our prayer list.

1bizon1
11-18-2010, 02:20 AM
Just do like so many of our Bison offensive lines have done over the years. "Let the Rams take over and play some smash mouth football" with this demon! Prayers have already started for you nad your family Marlin. GOD BLESS!! :)

sambini
11-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

steelbison
11-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Marlin, wishing you and your family the best during these hard times.

I will definitely keep you in my prayers. My mom is a pastor so I will make sure to tell her as well.

Marlins
11-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks everyone for all the kind words and prayers. My wife is driving me to MD Anderson right now, so not sure when I'll have internet access again, but I'll definitely try and keep you guys updated on my situation.

Thanks again,

Marlin

EndZoneQB
11-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks everyone for all the kind words and prayers. My wife is driving me to MD Anderson right now, so not sure when I'll have internet access again, but I'll definitely try and keep you guys updated on my situation.

Thanks again,

Marlin

As hard as it is, make sure you enjoy the trip! I know the trip I took with my family to Mayo for my father was one of the most enjoyable/memorable of my life.

Good luck bud!

SamsRams
11-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Stay positive Marlin and always know your family at bisonville has your back.

It's not how tough you are, but how long you are tough!!!

1bizon1
11-21-2010, 11:17 PM
With all of the excitement around Bison football let's not forget about one of our Bison family, Marlin. Hope to hear some good news from him soon. GO BISON and GOOOO MARLIN, GET BETTER!!! :)

Marlins
11-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Thanks everyone. I just found out today that the cancer has spread to both of my hips and my left shoulder in addition to the now football-sized tumor that's in my right chest wall. Doctor said my 5-year survival rate is probably about 7%. Things aren't exactly looking wonderful, but I'm definitely going to put up a fight.

My first batch of chemotherapy will probably begin mid-week next week. Just waiting on my insurance to approve everything.

Also, a bunch of people are currently in the process of setting up a website and benefit fund to help my family offset some of my medical bills as I'm the sole financial provider for my family of 4 kids (7 years old, 4 years old, 3 years old and 6 months) and my wife. They're also going to be setting up some benefit concerts, silent auctions, raffles, etc. Any help anyone could give would be GREATLY appreciated. I'll post a link to the website once it's created.

Thanks,

Marlin

EndZoneQB
11-24-2010, 02:06 AM
Sorry to hear that bud! Just remember tho, there is NO expiration date. Keep your head up, and it'll be 10 years before you know it :)

JSUBison
11-24-2010, 02:07 AM
Thanks everyone. I just found out today that the cancer has spread to both of my hips and my left shoulder in addition to the now football-sized tumor that's in my right chest wall. Doctor said my 5-year survival rate is probably about 7%. Things aren't exactly looking wonderful, but I'm definitely going to put up a fight.

My first batch of chemotherapy will probably begin mid-week next week. Just waiting on my insurance to approve everything.

Also, a bunch of people are currently in the process of setting up a website and benefit fund to help my family offset some of my medical bills as I'm the sole financial provider for my family of 4 kids (7 years old, 4 years old, 3 years old and 6 months) and my wife. They're also going to be setting up some benefit concerts, silent auctions, raffles, etc. Any help anyone could give would be GREATLY appreciated. I'll post a link to the website once it's created.

Thanks,

Marlin

We got your back, Marlin. I'm sure we could get something organized on our end also. This Saturday would be a good time if someone would take the lead on it.

Bison"FANatic"
11-24-2010, 02:08 AM
7 is better than 5, 4 or 0 Marlin. Go be the 7%

Let us know the website and we will keep praying for you and your family

BlueBisonRock
11-24-2010, 05:10 AM

Thanks,

Marlin

Hang in there Marlin. Two different doctors told my son that he was toast before we got him to an Onocologist at Walter Reed. Its a tough road, but one that you can tackle.

Our prayers are with you. Let us know if you choose to have a Caring Bridge site.

EndZoneQB
11-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Hang in there Marlin. Two different doctors told my son that he was toast before we got him to an Onocologist at Walter Reed. Its a tough road, but one that you can tackle.

Our prayers are with you. Let us know if you choose to have a Caring Bridge site.

I know exactly what you are talking about. Innovis basically told my dad goodbye, theres not much you can do. Mayo, while not a lot different, told us exactly what cancer he had(innovis just told us generic info), and made us feel less "doomed" with the situation. Sure, they didn't have any ground breaking info since his was pretty much unknown(esophageal junction cancer), but they said it's not impossible and they would enter him into any studies/experiments they thought would be beneficial. Just because one doctor says one thing, don't take it as gospel. My dad was never cured, he was around for much longer than we expected. It might not seem like much, but it was great for me at least.

I don't have much info on your specific condition Marlins, but is it in your liver or lymph-nodes yet? Just based on your information posted, it does not appear so, assuming the fact that doctors tend to focus on those two areas in my experience. If what I assumed is true, it calls for a beer or two.

No matter what the doctors say, good or bad, keep your head up and things tend to unfold as they should. Enjoy your kids right now, and in 10 years, you won't regret it :)

X-Factor
11-24-2010, 07:52 AM
Marlin we are praying for you 24/7!

BisoninNWMN
11-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Marlins....you are in my prayers!

Marlins
11-24-2010, 10:09 PM
I know exactly what you are talking about. Innovis basically told my dad goodbye, theres not much you can do. Mayo, while not a lot different, told us exactly what cancer he had(innovis just told us generic info), and made us feel less "doomed" with the situation. Sure, they didn't have any ground breaking info since his was pretty much unknown(esophageal junction cancer), but they said it's not impossible and they would enter him into any studies/experiments they thought would be beneficial. Just because one doctor says one thing, don't take it as gospel. My dad was never cured, he was around for much longer than we expected. It might not seem like much, but it was great for me at least.

I don't have much info on your specific condition Marlins, but is it in your liver or lymph-nodes yet? Just based on your information posted, it does not appear so, assuming the fact that doctors tend to focus on those two areas in my experience. If what I assumed is true, it calls for a beer or two.

No matter what the doctors say, good or bad, keep your head up and things tend to unfold as they should. Enjoy your kids right now, and in 10 years, you won't regret it :)

Luckily, it's not in any of my vital organs or lymph nodes yet. Just in my ribs, pelvis, and shoulder. So only effecting the bone and soft tissue right now.

Chemo was officially scheduled today and is set for December 2nd. I'm glad to finally have that set after hearing a bunch of diofferent dates thrown around.

IBleedYellow
11-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Fight like a warrior. God be with you. Our prayers will be!

EndZoneQB
11-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Luckily, it's not in any of my vital organs or lymph nodes yet. Just in my ribs, pelvis, and shoulder. So only effecting the bone and soft tissue right now.

Chemo was officially scheduled today and is set for December 2nd. I'm glad to finally have that set after hearing a bunch of diofferent dates thrown around.

The worst part of cancer is all the time wasted waiting/scheduling everything...especially in a world of instant results.

Keep us updated!

bisoningrandforks
11-24-2010, 10:59 PM
thoughts and prayers to you and your family....fight fight fight!!!

56BISON73
11-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Best wishes to you with this fight.
Remember PMA= Positive Mental Attitude

NWNDBison
11-24-2010, 11:30 PM
You got one thing goin' for ya, Marlins. Bison pride. Fight like a Bison in the playoffs!

(And we'll be prayin' for ya, too!)

TheBisonator
11-25-2010, 02:53 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you as well. Keep up the fight.

JustinTyem
11-25-2010, 03:04 AM
bisonville is better then any group I have ever seen, AND I MEAN ANY GROUP!!!! Heck, u people are more like a family. Brothers and Sisters fight everyday but when someone needs ur family u get tighter and stronger.

Clawed
11-25-2010, 03:14 AM
Marlin, you are in our prayers in Montana and Bobcat Nation...You can't have too many prayers. I'll spread the word.

ISXBISON
11-25-2010, 03:38 AM
Wishing you the best Marlin! Hang in there and know you have the strength of the Herd behind you!!!

sambini
11-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Happpy Thanksgiving Marlin

1bizon1
11-26-2010, 03:13 AM
I cannot stop thinking about you and your family. Stay strong and the prayers are still coming!!

CaBisonFan
11-26-2010, 05:28 AM
Marlin...you can beat this. We are all here for you. If you need something really specific...let us know. Besides prayers and moral support...is there something that we can do?

tony
11-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Marlin...you can beat this. We are all here for you. If you need something really specific...let us know. Besides prayers and moral support...is there something that we can do?

Marlin did say that a fund might be set up. After a bisonville member PMed me about what we could do on the site to help, I did some fruitless research on setting up funds. I can't help thinking that such a fund should be set up at a bank local to Marlin.

That said, I'm open to all ideas (sorry for the delay getting back to you, HandoEX.)

Marlins
11-26-2010, 01:16 PM
I think the current plan is to set up a fund at my local bank and then create a website and have a donation page on it set up through PayPal which will allow people to contribute via credit card or a PayPal account. We'll also have a P.O. Box if people rather send checks via mail.

My dad has a friend that does a lot of stuff with creating and maintaining websites, so they have been trying to put everything together and updating me throughout the process.

That said, we're all kind of new to this type of thing...so if anyone else has a better idea on how to do things then I'm more than happy to listen.

Thanks,

Marlin

A1pigskin
11-26-2010, 02:10 PM
You can beat this. It has been done before and it will be beat again. Keep your faith and best of luck to you.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
11-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Marlin--

As a cancer survivor, I can tell you it can be done. Try to look at it as an unwelcome guest in your body. Your goal is to do whatever necessary to help your body get rid of it. Focus everything on that task, lean on others to take care of your other responsibilities. And most importantly be positive! know that cancer battles are won every day!! I will be praying for you!!

KC Bison
12-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Don't give up. I'm still praying for you. Please give us updates.

jarhead
12-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Same here Marlin. I hope you can spend the Holidays with your loved ones.

1bizon1
12-16-2010, 03:27 PM
I CANNOT imagine what you are going through Marlin! I CAN say the prayers continue for you and your family. You WILL beat this demon!!

Marlins
12-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the continued support everyone. As for my latest update:

I just got home yesterday afternoon after being admitted to MD Anderson on Friday evening due to a 103.9 degree fever and a white blood cell count of zero. I ended up spending 5 days in the hospital as the doctors and nurses tried to rid me of the fevers and bring my white blood cell count back up to a level where I wasn't at extreme risk for infection. Finally, yesterday morning I got the AWESOME news that my white blood cell count was back up to 10.8 and I hadn't had a fever in around 48 hours so they were going to send me home. Felt great to finally get home and sleep in my own bed last night. And I was absolutely thrilled see my kids again.

Due to the chemotherapy, I started losing all my hair on Monday - so when I got home yesterday I buzzed it all off. I now feel like a marine ready for boot camp. lol

Anyways, just wanted to stop by and give everyone an update.

Congrats to the Bison on a great season too! Just keep recruiting those Wisconsin kids and you'll be alright. ;) Keep checking WSN for recruiting news too. Travis Wilson is doing a great job in my absence and he has had a few updates regarding NDSU recruits in recent weeks.

Thanks,

Marlin

bisonmike2
12-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Best of luck. Keep on with the fight!

tcbison
12-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the continued support everyone. As for my latest update:

I just got home yesterday afternoon after being admitted to MD Anderson on Friday evening due to a 103.9 degree fever and a white blood cell count of zero. I ended up spending 5 days in the hospital as the doctors and nurses tried to rid me of the fevers and bring my white blood cell count back up to a level where I wasn't at extreme risk for infection. Finally, yesterday morning I got the AWESOME news that my white blood cell count was back up to 10.8 and I hadn't had a fever in around 48 hours so they were going to send me home. Felt great to finally get home and sleep in my own bed last night. And I was absolutely thrilled see my kids again.

Due to the chemotherapy, I started losing all my hair on Monday - so when I got home yesterday I buzzed it all off. I now feel like a marine ready for boot camp. lol

Anyways, just wanted to stop by and give everyone an update.

Congrats to the Bison on a great season too! Just keep recruiting those Wisconsin kids and you'll be alright. ;) Keep checking WSN for recruiting news too. Travis Wilson is doing a great job in my absence and he has had a few updates regarding NDSU recruits in recent weeks.

Thanks,

Marlin

Thanks for the update! Keep strong and stay positive! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

NWNDBison
12-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Fight the good fight! Pray always. Our prayers continue to be with you. May you experience some form of peace and joy this Christmas season.

thundarsdaddy
12-17-2010, 07:15 PM
I agree...fight the good fight...show some Bison Pride and dont give up!!!

As a Cancer-Struggler(cant consider myself a survivor since my fight still rages on after 3.5 years), there is no real advice I can give you, except what I said, as well as others!!

Having gone through a ton if stuff, I still feel more sorry for those people I have met who are worse off than myself. As my dpearted Dad used to say..."I complained because I had no shoes...until I met the man who had no FEET!"
That has always kept me grounded!!

My only real regret from it all, was that back a little over 3 years ago, after having a Motel Room booked, in downtown Minneapolis, and tickets in hand for my wife and I to see the Gopher/BISON II football game. Especially since our son was lucky enough to have been wearing the Thundar Suit in those days, only to have it all go to HELL, by having surgery that thursday at Mayo!!

I begged the Dr's to postpone it a week..but they have no BP*!!

But in the end...it works out!!

Stay Positive...you have our prayers!!

*Bison Pride

A1pigskin
12-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Still praying.

Marlins
12-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Today's update:

I went to MD Anderson today for a blood draw, x-ray and a meeting with my Sarcoma Specialist and I got some really good news. Apparently my football-sized tumor has shrunk quite a bit.

In a comparison of x-rays from 12/02/10 and today there was a huge difference in the amount of right lung visible in my x-rays. On 12/02/10 there was barely any lung visible in the x-ray (tumor covered it up), a fair amount of fluid was visible, and I was having major issues with shortness of breath.

Fast forward about 3 weeks and a first round of chemotherapy and the x-rays now show about 1/3 of my lung, there's virtually no fluid visible, and I have absolutely no shortness of breath.

The doctor seemed very pleased with my progress and said we'll continue with the aggressive treatment to try and knock this cancer out with my second round of chemotherapy beginning on Monday.

HandoEX
12-22-2010, 11:03 PM
That's awesome man! Keep fighting, we're behind you!!!!!!!

sambini
12-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Today's update:

I went to MD Anderson today for a blood draw, x-ray and a meeting with my Sarcoma Specialist and I got some really good news. Apparently my football-sized tumor has shrunk quite a bit.

In a comparison of x-rays from 12/02/10 and today there was a huge difference in the amount of right lung visible in my x-rays. On 12/02/10 there was barely any lung visible in the x-ray (tumor covered it up), a fair amount of fluid was visible, and I was having major issues with shortness of breath.

Fast forward about 3 weeks and a first round of chemotherapy and the x-rays now show about 1/3 of my lung, there's virtually no fluid visible, and I have absolutely no shortness of breath.

The doctor seemed very pleased with my progress and said we'll continue with the aggressive treatment to try and knock this cancer out with my second round of chemotherapy beginning on Monday.

Keep up the fight Marlin. You are in our thoughts and prayers

BadlandsBison
12-23-2010, 01:25 AM
Pretty good news! Keep it up Marlin!

jarhead
12-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Wow, great news Marlin. Have a great Christmas.

ISXBISON
12-23-2010, 02:04 AM
Great to hear Marlin! Keep fightin!

DjKyRo
12-23-2010, 02:23 AM
Great to hear Marlins!

lakespanther
12-23-2010, 02:54 AM
Have a very Merry Christmas. I speak for Panther Nation and we all hope that you get well.

1bizon1
12-23-2010, 12:27 PM
That is great news Marlin! Positive thinking and positve prayers continue for you. Have a great Christmas with your family!! :)

Bison"FANatic"
12-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Great to hear Marlin. Keep fighting and staying positive and enjoy the heck out of the Family and Friends and the Holiday Season!!!!!!!!!

phxbison
12-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Fantastic news Marlin !! Keep a positive mental attitude and we'll keep praying. You and your beautiful family have a wonderful holiday season !!

SDbison
12-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Glad to hear the good news. Keep on fighting until the cancer is gone. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Marlins
12-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Thanks everybody! Needless to say, my entire family is absolutely thrilled with the news. Hopefully my recovery and progress continues like it has so far.

Thanks again to everyone for the thoughts and prayers. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I know I'm going to enjoy my baby boy's 1st Christmas. :)

JustinTyem
01-14-2011, 04:08 AM
Any new info on marlin?? I still pray every day for him!!!

Marlins
01-15-2011, 02:36 AM
Any new info on marlin?? I still pray every day for him!!!

For those interested, I'm actually writing a blog about my treatment. Figured that was the easiest way to keep people updated.

You can read it here: http://marlinlee3.tumblr.com/

I usually write something every couple of days so it's pretty up to date.

bisoneer
01-15-2011, 03:26 AM
Good luck to you Marlin and keep your spirits as high as possible!!!

BlueBisonRock
01-15-2011, 03:31 AM
For those interested, I'm actually writing a blog about my treatment. Figured that was the easiest way to keep people updated.

You can read it here: http://marlinlee3.tumblr.com/

I usually write something every couple of days so it's pretty up to date.

Keep your fighting spirit going Marlin!!! My son's 9 month blood work came out positive and we are now looking for the results of his yet to be scheduled scan. For us, the one year mark is the current key milestone. For you, the milestones appear to be hitting and I am happy to infer that BV will benefit from your insight for years to come!!! :bow:

westnodak93bison
01-15-2011, 03:44 AM
Hang in there Marlin. You know the Bison are pulling for you!

sambini
01-18-2011, 02:50 AM
Marlin we are pullin for you+++

bisonfan11
01-18-2011, 10:49 AM
It is good to hear that you are doing well. Keep up the fight. We are all behind you.

jarhead
01-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Hey Marlin, glad to hear the chemo isn't dragging you down and you're sounding optimistic. I keep hearing attitude is a big part of recovery so you've
got the battle half won. That Jamaican phlebotomist sounds like my wife, good natured but a one-drop-at-a-time woman all the way. Anyway, glad you
are doing as well as can be expected and pray for your complete recovery soon.

IBleedYellow
01-19-2011, 03:26 AM
The Lord heals man. I've seen it. I'm praying you see it too!

Marlins
01-20-2011, 02:22 AM
I got AMAZING news from the doctor today! Check out my blog for details: http://marlinlee3.tumblr.com/

EndZoneQB
01-20-2011, 02:25 AM
I got AMAZING news from the doctor today! Check out my blog for details: http://marlinlee3.tumblr.com/

AWESOME! Sleep well tonight!

ISXBISON
01-20-2011, 02:35 AM
Great to hear Marlin!!

onbison09
01-20-2011, 02:47 AM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Keep kicking ass!

BlueBisonRock
01-20-2011, 02:55 AM
I am very happy for you! Your determination and positive resolve makes a big difference!

Bison"FANatic"
01-20-2011, 03:18 AM
Holy cow man that is some huge changes in the PET. Congrats and keep up the war!!!!!

344Johnson
01-20-2011, 03:34 AM
Great news Marlin! A friend of mine was diagnosed with brain cancer September '09 and just found out this week that he is cancer free! Never a good time to get cancer but it sure looks like it is becoming more and more treatable!

Keep up the great attitude

Montana Bison
01-20-2011, 03:36 AM
KICK IT'S ASS !!!!!
Today's update:

SDbison
01-20-2011, 03:45 AM
Congratulations Marlin. Still in my thoughts in prayers that you finish off this cancer forever and can move on with your life.

IzzyFlexion
01-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Wow!
Makes the crappy chemo side effects worth it.
Your body kicks ass!
-and I'm not gay................not that there's anything wrong with it.http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_l3OzWDnfozs/TNMe4kHovPI/AAAAAAAAAUg/vYvRQACPlV0/s1600/jerry-seinfeld-george-costanza.jpg

westnodak93bison
01-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Good news! Keep fighting.

Marlins
01-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Great news Marlin! A friend of mine was diagnosed with brain cancer September '09 and just found out this week that he is cancer free! Never a good time to get cancer but it sure looks like it is becoming more and more treatable!

Keep up the great attitude

That's awesome and something I can really appreciate more than ever now that I'm living through it!

I just wrapped up round #3 of chemotherapy and things seem to be getting better and better. Hopefully I can finish kicking this thing's ass in the next few months and get back to bringing you guys some Wisconsin recruiting news.

Thanks to everyone for the continued thoughts and prayers. It means a lot and definitely seems to be helping.

onbison09
01-28-2011, 01:43 AM
I liked this one. You sure have the right attitude.
So a random thought popped into my head today during my approximately 50-yard walk from my truck to the Academy Sports + Outdoors corporate office door. It was a flashback to my first meeting with the doctors at MD Anderson. The meeting where they told me that people with my cancer diagnosis have a five year survival rate of 7%.
At that point I looked at myself and realized I was not only walking my way in to work for a full nine hour day at Academy, but that I feel as good and healthy as I have in years. Sure, I get the occasional mouth sores and numbness in my hands from chemotherapy, but overall I just feel good…plus my weight is back down to a nimble 160-pounds after being a hefty 180-pounds pre-cancer diagnosis.
That’s when I told myself screw the 7% survival rate. I don’t look sick. I don’t act sick. I don’t feel sick. And I certainly don’t plan on dying in the next five years!
I never really got caught up in the whole statistics thing before anyway, but today’s thinking really put everything into perspective for me.
So I’m just going to finish up my remaining rounds of chemotherapy, kick cancer’s ass, and prove all the doctors and statistics wrong.
Later in the day, I was driving around during my lunch hour and Hollywood Undead’s song “Undead” popped up on my CD player - which seemed fitting given it’s “screw you” mentality.
For those not familiar with the song (I’ve posted a video of it up above), the opening lyrics say:
Undead!
Undead!
Undead!
Undead!
Undead!

You better get up out the way,
Tomorrow we’ll rise so we fight today,
And no, I don’t give a f*** what you think and say,
‘Cause we are gonna rock this whole place anyway.
(Undead!)
And that’s pretty much my feelings towards that 7%. I’m not dead. I don’t give a f*** what the doctors and that 7% says. And I’m going to continue living and rocking this place anyway despite what they say.

Hammersmith
01-28-2011, 01:50 AM
That's awesome and something I can really appreciate more than ever now that I'm living through it!

I just wrapped up round #3 of chemotherapy and things seem to be getting better and better. Hopefully I can finish kicking this thing's ass in the next few months and get back to bringing you guys some Wisconsin recruiting news.

Thanks to everyone for the continued thoughts and prayers. It means a lot and definitely seems to be helping.

Is it still of 12, or have they changed the protocol again(used to be 16 rounds)? I don't think I had the level of numbness you've been experiencing, but the back pain from the vincristin plus the Leukine(GM-CSF)/Neulasta(GCSF) drove me nuts. And I bet you're loving the Mesna.

Marlins
01-28-2011, 02:06 AM
Is it still of 12, or have they changed the protocol again(used to be 16 rounds)? I don't think I had the level of numbness you've been experiencing, but the back pain from the vincristin plus the Leukine(GM-CSF)/Neulasta(GCSF) drove me nuts. And I bet you're loving the Mesna.

They originally told me 6 rounds, then surgery, then more chemo, then radiation. Now they said they want to finish up the initial 6 rounds and then see where I am at, but that I most likely won't need surgery at all.

The numbness is still here and sucks. I'm hoping that they'll adjust my chemo medications just enough to get rid of the numbness but still keep killing all the cancerous tissue. I believe it's the vincristin and etoposode that's causing it.

The giant Mesna bag and the backpack it comes in is perhaps my least favorite part of chemotherapy. All the other chemo medications I get through an IV for a few hours each day. Meanwhile, I'm continuously stuck to this heavy backpack 24-hours a day for 4 days. It makes you have to pee like crazy and is a pain in the butt when you have to constantly get up and carry the thing in the middle of the night.

KC Bison
01-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Hang in there, we'll keep praying.

lakesbison
01-28-2011, 03:01 AM
keep going marlin!

i actually just thought about you yesterday giving my benefit gift to superfan for donating to you.

keep it up!!

DjKyRo
01-28-2011, 03:04 AM
The giant Mesna bag and the backpack it comes in is perhaps my least favorite part of chemotherapy. All the other chemo medications I get through an IV for a few hours each day. Meanwhile, I'm continuously stuck to this heavy backpack 24-hours a day for 4 days. It makes you have to pee like crazy and is a pain in the butt when you have to constantly get up and carry the thing in the middle of the night.

On the flipside, you'll be in great shape once it's wrapped up! :D Keep it up Marlin, we're pulling for you.

tony
01-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Sweep the leg on it, Marlin!

Hammersmith
01-28-2011, 12:31 PM
They originally told me 6 rounds, then surgery, then more chemo, then radiation. Now they said they want to finish up the initial 6 rounds and then see where I am at, but that I most likely won't need surgery at all.

The numbness is still here and sucks. I'm hoping that they'll adjust my chemo medications just enough to get rid of the numbness but still keep killing all the cancerous tissue. I believe it's the vincristin and etoposode that's causing it.

I think the plan for me was going to be 5 or 6 rounds of chemo, then surgery with a little recovery time(~1 month), then radiation + chemo, then the last of the chemo. I did two rounds in a row with the backback during radiation because they say that radiation and doxorubicin(red stuff) don't get along. Things got a little messed up when I showed up to Mayo for my surgery and one of the docs was on vacation for another two weeks. Oops. My primary's staff forgot to call his staff to confirm the date. I went home and did another two rounds of chemo while waiting for the new surgical date. I finished chemo after 10 rounds because my body couldn't handle any more. Rounds 9 and 10 had to be on a 4-week rotation because my counts were coming up so slow. My surgical margins were pretty good, so my onc was quick to agree when I said I thought I was done. He eventually gave me a couple more shots of vincristin just to be safe while I was going through a couple other surgeries for related complications.

Sorry to hear that your backpack sounds so large. My micro-pump was only about 8"x4"x2" and fit into a regular fannypack. I had to go in daily to have the cartridge changed(Mon-Sat - five days of E/I + 1 day of just Mesna for protection), but the cancer center is only about five minutes away from where I was going to school(NDSU) and the nurses were very easy about letting me show up whenever.

Keep fighting and driving your docs and nurses crazy.

Superfan
06-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Anyone have any updates on Marlins? His last blog entry was 2 weeks ago detailing the surgery. I couldn't hardly understand a word of it but at the end it listed the compications as "none" so I assume it was successful. Hope all is well.

Hammersmith
06-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Anyone have any updates on Marlins? His last blog entry was 2 weeks ago detailing the surgery. I couldn't hardly understand a word of it but at the end it listed the compications as "none" so I assume it was successful. Hope all is well.

Looks like they took out a rib, a bit of his right lung, and a small part of his diaphragm. If this were Genesis, Marlin would be about to get a new wife.* With as much cutting and digging in his chest as they did, I'm not surprised that he hasn't updated. I think the operative** word is 'ouch'. This big news will be the tests on all the samples they took. Hopefully, they will all come back as benign cells or dead tissue.

*Sorry, that was just too easy to pass up.
**sorry again

onbison09
06-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Chapter 1: The Road to Recovery and Post-Surgery News
It has been just over a month since my Thoracotomy surgery. For those of you not fully aware of what all went on during surgery, you can check out the official surgery report posted in the previous blog update down below. To make a long story short, they removed parts of my 4th, 5th, and 6th ribs as well as a portion of my diaphragm, a wedge of my lung, a lung nodule, what was remaining of my once football-sized tumor, and moved my latissimus dorsi muscle from my back to my chest to help cover everything up.
Following surgery on May 16th, I spent the rest of the week in MD Anderson recovering and regaining my strength before I was finally released to go home on May 22nd.
Recovering from surgery has definitely been a process. Needless to say, suddenly repositioning a large back muscle to your side and chest has taken some getting used to. My side is constantly stiff and sore with all kinds of strange lumps along my side thanks to the latissimus dorsi muscle laying over top of my oblique and pectoral muscles. The doctors initially prescribed morphine every four hours to help counter all the pain, but I’ve completely stopped taking it due to the drug being so addictive in people. I think it has been about two weeks since the last time I took any morphine. I am still taking my fentanyl patch for the pain though. It helps take the edge off my pain, but it doesn’t even come close to stopping it.
I did come home from surgery with some lovely parting gifts…a scar from under my right breast all the way around to my right shoulder blade, 35 staples closing up that scar, and three JP drainage tubes (I originally had five, but they removed two before I was released from the hospital). Those have all since been removed during follow up doctors appointments and the giant scar is healing up pretty nicely. The drainage tube scars look like bullet holes in my abdomen, but they’re healing up well too.
Overall, recovery has gone fairly well. I’m slowly regaining more and more strength and agility. Movement of my right arm is still somewhat limited due to soreness, but that’s increasing daily as my body recovers and my muscles become accustomed to their new locations.
Chapter 2: Pain Management
One huge step in my recovery took place this past Friday when I had an appointment with my Pain Management Specialist at MD Anderson.
I told him about my constant side and back pain. I also explained how my muscles feel fairly relaxed and loose first thing in the morning, but by the time night rolls around my muscles are completely stiff and locked up and I can barely move.
The doctor said sitting in my desk at work, driving, lifting things, etc all add up throughout the day and by nightfall my muscles are just too tired to function anymore. Especially given my recent surgery. He said the muscles are still recovering and need to some off to help get better.
With that in mind, he prescribed me a muscle relaxant (Tizanidine) to help my muscles calm down and relax so they have time to heal. I’m supposed to take one pill as soon as I get home from work and another right before I go to bed and this should help alleviate much of my night time muscle stiffness and pain.
I’ve been taking these new muscle relaxant meds for four days now and they definitely seem to be helping. I can tell a big difference in how my muscles feel at bedtime and it’s a lot easier to get comfortable and fall asleep without everything knotting up and hurting.
Hopefully the new meds continue to have that effect and my pain and stiffness not only goes away at night, but also during the day time.
Chapter 3: Changes in Appearance
Some odd changes have happened to my appearance since the last time I updated my blog too.
I’m happy to report all the hair has returned on my head, eyelashes and eyebrows. In fact, the hair on my head is not only thicker than it was prior to chemotherapy, but it has also come in blondish in color (my old hair was dark brown) and EXTREMELY soft. My family loves to rub my head/hair and say I have puppy hair.
The hair on my arms and legs has also come in different than it was before chemotherapy. Besides being thicker it constantly stands up like I have goose bumps. Very odd to say the least.
Chapter 4: Bad Dream Come True
Now for the bad news that I REALLY hoped I would never have to report. My cancer has gotten worse…
Just when we thought things were getting better, and I was on the path to a cure, we were broadsided with the news that I have 40+ newly formed nodules on my lungs ranging in size from tiny specs, to pea-sized and marble sized lumps.
During an appointment last Thursday my Sarcoma Specialist, Dr. Ludwig, told us the devastating news. Obviously, Hiedee and I were absolutely crushed.
While the once football-sized tumor that was in my chest had been removed during surgery, Ewing’s Sarcoma cells had metastasized and made their way to my lungs where they have since started to grow and spread.
So we definitely have an uphill battle against us. A complete cure may or may not ever happen, but there are a number of intriguing possibilities out there for me to pursue.
Chapter 5: Next Step - Medical Trial…maybe
The next step for me is trying to qualify for a new multi-institution medical trial. My tumor samples and slides are currently being prepared to be sent to Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York where they will be tested for a special marker.
If my samples test positive for the marker, then I’ll be accepted into the medical trial and begin my new treatment. If my samples test negative for the marker, then I’ll go back to my old VAIE chemotherapy and we’ll just keep doing that since it seemed to be working in the past.
Dr. Ludwig said I have an 80-85% chance of testing positive for the marker, so that’s encouraging. He also seems to think that I’ll respond well to the new medical trial medicines.
For those of you who are curious about the medical trial it’s entitled “IMC-A12 in Combination With Temsirolimus (CCI-779) in Patients With Advanced Cancers” and can be found at this link: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00678769
I really hope that I qualify for the medical trial as it’s just one more treatment for me to pursue to the fullest before I run out of options and the doctors go to the old “There’s nothing else we can do” statement.
Hopefully, I’ll be able to take the medical trial medicines for as long as I can before my body becomes resistant at which point I’ll go back to my old chemotherapy until it no longer works. The doctor said there are currently three or four treatments we can do after the medical trial to try and buy more time.
They also said if I sat home and did absolutely nothing for treatment that I would probably live another six months from now, but that the medical trial treatment could easily add 6-8 months to that number and get me through at least the next year.
Even more encouraging was the news of another new medical trial that should be starting in January or February of 2012. Dr. Ludwig referred to this medical trial as a “new blockbuster drug” that has done absolutely amazing things in mice. He said all indications are that the drug should work just as well in humans, but that you never really know until medical trials and tests begin.
So fingers crossed that medical trial will come to fruition and I’ll qualify for it as well.
Chapter 6: Back to Work
Despite surgery, recovery, and the recent bad news I’ve still continued to work my full-time job as a Promotions Coordinator in the corporate office at Academy Sports + Outdoors.
I’ve been back at work for about three weeks now and my bosses have been great accommodating all of my follow up doctors appointments and exams.
I did have a couple of stories I wanted to share with everyone from the in-store event I helped coordinate this past weekend. Former University of Texas and current Cleveland Brown QB Colt McCoy made an appearance at Store #27 in Austin - which was absolutely crazy. Over 350 people showed up for the appearance with the first person in line arriving at the store at 3am after making a 3 1/2 drive from Houston.
Colt McCoy was EXTREMELY nice. He not only signed autographs from 12pm-1pm like he was contracted to do, but he even stayed an extra 30 minutes on his own time to sign autographs for the last 70 or so people in line.
Two really good stories from that autograph session:
1) We gave out 250 passes to customers that guaranteed them an autograph from Colt. Anyone after those 250 people were standing in line at their own risk and weren’t guaranteed an autograph. Well a kid who looked about 10-years old held pass #247 while a member of the U.S. Army (in uniform) stood at place #253 in line. The kid was guaranteed an autograph, the soldier was not. The kid proceeded to give the soldier his pass and place in line to thank him for his service to our country. The kid’s mom started crying hysterically while the tough as nails soldier started to get teary eyed as well. It was an amazing sight to see.
Needless to say, we not only let the soldier get an autograph but also the kid.
2) The other amazing story involved a cancer patient. A lady in line was holding a picture of someone in a hospital bed and Colt McCoy standing next to them smiling. Turns out this lady had cancer and Colt visited her in the hospital several years back. Well the lady has since beat cancer and is doing great and wanted Colt to autograph the picture of them together. Colt was more than happy to do so and was thrilled at the lady’s story.
After the event my boss, Matt Gardiner, said I’m going to be like that lady and beat cancer and be right back here doing this same thing again. Hopefully he is right.

onbison09
06-23-2011, 07:57 PM
By the way, Colt ended every autograph he signed with the Bible verse Colossians 3:23 which says, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.”
I thought that was a pretty good and meaningful Bible verse that we can all live by. It fits closely with former University of Wisconsin and Houston Texans DE J.J. Watt’s motto of “Dream Big Work Hard.”
I’m going to try and remember both the Bible verse and motto during my cancer treatments. Lord knows you need some type of encouragement and words to live by while going through all of this.

Superfan
06-24-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm at a loss for words. I can't begin to imagine how devistating this must be. And then to have to sit and wait on word about the trial. My thoughts and prayers go out to you Marlins.

HerdBot
06-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Very sad. One day things look good and thethe next day life kicks you in the nuts. I wonder what the Blockbuster drug is?

Good reminder when we have a bad day somebody else is doing worse. Don't bitch about petty shit.

CAS4127
06-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Marlins: Godspeed as you enter another stage of your journey!!:group: :cheers:

dryash83
06-24-2011, 04:56 PM
“The great virtue in life is real courage that knows how to face facts and live beyond them.”
D.H. Lawrence (1885-1930);

you, great sir, are a person of great virtue. Godspeed.

CaBisonFan
06-24-2011, 11:39 PM
Major prayers for you Marlins.

BadlandsBison
06-25-2011, 04:12 AM
God Bless, Marlins++++++

1bizon1
06-25-2011, 05:44 AM
My prayers will continue for and your family!! You are one VERY stronge man! :)

tony
06-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Per the update from traviswsn: http://marlinlee3.tumblr.com/

Godspeed, Marlin.

sambini
06-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Godspeed, marlin

Swany
06-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Godspeed.

onbison09
06-20-2012, 02:53 AM
On his Facebook (don't know him personally just added him so I would be reminded to pray) he said that he's doing radiation now

JustinTyem
06-20-2012, 03:08 AM
On his Facebook (don't know him personally just added him so I would be reminded to pray) he said that he's doing radiation nowYes,right now he is back on chemo,out patient so he has about 6 hours a day of hell :(:(:(

JustinTyem
06-20-2012, 03:17 AM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?24248-Marlin-is-Kicking-Cancers-ASS/page4

BadlandsBison
06-20-2012, 03:34 AM
Good luck, and God Bless buddy

CaBisonFan
06-20-2012, 04:31 AM
Take care Marlin. I've been wondering how you've been doing. Thanks for the information.

onbison09
08-05-2012, 04:38 AM
I just wanted to bump this:
******* Please pray for Marlin Lee and his family & please share on your page*******
Hello All,

First thing I need to ask is would you please take time and pray for Marlin Lee and his family? Marlin is fighting for his life and he needs your help! He is battling Ewings Sarcoma and has been for 20 months. Ewings sarcoma is a rare bone and/or soft
tissue cancer that primarily attacks teenagers and young adults. Marlin is in his 20’s with a wife and four children. Hiedee, his wife has been by his side doing what ever it takes to make sure Marlin is being cared for. With this cancer there is no set regimen chemo and everybody responds differently. There is not a set protocol in place that will cure it.

Yes, there are survivors and we want Marlin to be among them. MD Anderson has tried every traditional chemo drug as well as radiation to try to kill the cancer inside Marlin. The doctors are wanting to send Marlin to Cincinnati for a clinical trial this week to see if they can gain some kind of control over the Ewing sarcoma in Marlin’s body. If you could help with anything to go towards their trip, they can use your help. They need airfare, hotel since Marlin is too old (26 years old) for the Ronald McDonald house, and possible money or gift cards for their expenses.

If you can spare airfare points, hotel points, money, gift cards or anything, please help. Even your $10 combined with others can make a huge difference towards the 25k total they will need for 8 treatments since the insurance company does not cover the "Standard of Care" in a clinical trial! To send via paypal: marlinlee3cancerfund@gmail.com. If you wish you can email Hiedee at: hiedee@hotmail.com. If you wish to visit Marlin’s support page it is http://www.facebook.com/groups/170824089606036/

To learn about Ewing sarcoma visit: http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/EwingFamilyofTumors/DetailedGuide/ewing-family-of-tumors-what-is-ewing-family-tumors

Thank you in advance for any prayers or help for Marlin and his family in his journey to fight Ewings.

God Bless you!

CaBisonFan
08-05-2012, 05:53 AM
onbison...would a check by snail-mail make it in time for their trip? Do you have a physical address?

Thanks for bumping this up to the top.

onbison09
08-05-2012, 04:33 PM
onbison...would a check by snail-mail make it in time for their trip? Do you have a physical address?

Thanks for bumping this up to the top.

Yes it would CA according to his wife. Feel free to join the Facebook group Show your support for Marlin Lee III if you're on facebook for updates and stuff

HerdBot
08-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Marlin needs our help
http://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/169403?referrer_id=532625

Hambone
09-19-2012, 06:44 PM
According to Travis Wilson on Twitter, Marlin is now in hospice care and may only have a few more days left. Very sad. Keep him and his family in your prayers.

tony
09-19-2012, 06:45 PM
According to Travis Wilson on Twitter, Marlin is now in hospice care and may only have a few more days left. Very sad. Keep him and his family in your prayers.

Damn. He will be missed.

56BISON73
09-19-2012, 06:49 PM

Sad to hear this.

TAILG8R
09-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Only know him from his posts here but I feel confident in saying that the world is losing one of the good ones. <sad/>

BlueBisonRock
09-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Damn I hate cancer!

Marlin, you are an inspiration!!!

MNLonghorn10
09-19-2012, 09:56 PM
NOT what i was lookin forward to reading. thoughts and prayers sent to his family.

tony
09-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Bumping this in case people missed it yesterday.

Still praying for you, Marlin.

ISXBISON
09-21-2012, 05:00 AM
Continued thoughts and prayers to Marlin and his family!

TheBisonator
09-22-2012, 01:18 AM
When I meet my maker, I hope to meet him up in heaven.

onbison09
09-22-2012, 03:00 AM
Damn. At least it sounds like he's going home

HandoEX
09-22-2012, 03:08 AM
Thinking about and praying for Marlin! God bless you, buddy!!!

Rockbear99
09-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Rest in Peace Marlin. No more pain and suffering for you buddy.

Hambone
09-22-2012, 03:19 PM
We lost a good one - rest in peace Marlin. Continued prayers for your family.

HandoEX
09-23-2012, 06:28 AM
So sorry for his family! Four young kids and a wife left behind is just so unbeleivably sad.

Rest in peace, buddy. You were awesome, one of the good guys and you will be greatly missed!!!

HandoEX
09-23-2012, 06:35 AM
His Facebook...

http:// http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/marlin.lee?__user=33811599

Can anyone confirm if he has really passed?

Kermit
09-23-2012, 12:27 PM
His Facebook...

http:// http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/marlin.lee?__user=33811599

Can anyone confirm if he has really passed?

http://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/179643

It is with great sadness that we pass on the news that Marlin Lee III passed away early Saturday morning at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas after a courageous battle with cancer. He was just 26 years old.

Marlin was the Football Editor and Recruiting Writer for WisSports.net for several years and an active message board poster from the beginning of the site...

Thought and prayers for Marlin's family.