PDA

View Full Version : We can do better!

roadwarrior
11-15-2010, 09:10 PM
NDSU ranked No. 110 in Division I women’s basketball attendance figures compiled by the NCAA in 2009-2010, averaging 1,277 fans over 14 home dates. Considering that there are over 300 D-I programs, some of the lower ones must really suck in this statistic!

steelbison
12-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Road, my wife and I have always been a big supporter of WB at NDSU.

My wife who loves to go to games doesn't even want to go anymore because the games are so unwatchable.

this is the first year in a long time(14yrs) we did not renew our season tickets.

With 15 scholarships we should be doing much better than we are.

Point being if my wife isn't interested in going anymore we have some major issues with the product on the court.

Until that changes these numbers will only get worse.

56BISON73
12-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Road, my wife and I have always been a big supporter of WB at NDSU.

My wife who loves to go to games doesn't even want to go anymore because the games are so unwatchable.

this is the first year in a long time(14yrs) we did not renew our season tickets.

With 15 scholarships we should be doing much better than we are.

Point being if my wife isn't interested in going anymore we have some major issues with the product on the court.

Until that changes these numbers will only get worse.

I went to a WB game this year and it was painfull to watch. There just didnt seem to be any flow. Mistakes handling the ball. Hard to describe.

Elephants Dream?
12-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Until the powers that be at NDSU light a fire under the
coaches ass this big problem will continue.
My solution hasn't changed in years, and here it is again;
You get 15 schollies.
In any two year time-frame you must have 29 or 30 players.
14 this year, then you must have 15 the next year.
15, then 14 is fine. 15 & 15 is best.
28 or fewer and you're Fired! No Excuses.
-
It appears that there will be 7 players plus Sam this weekend
at Creighton.
How long are we supposed to put up with this shit????
Either recruit players, or FIRE her!

DORMIE
12-16-2010, 07:20 PM
The 2 forwards recruited for this year are out for the season. Ali Browning, who was thought to have a strained meniscus, actually has an ACL tear. Laured Dudenhoffer just had major surgery and is out until this summer. Carolyn said this today at Teammakers.

bisonhusker
12-16-2010, 09:42 PM
You get 15 schollies.
-
at Creighton.

Ding we have a winner. Fill your damn scholarships and get some difference makers. Every other program on campus is able to get some studs in here. WB should too. After watching them play against men in the midnight madness thing because they didn't have enough bodies, and then they put on some talent show to attract fans. Come on. How about you bring in talented players and win. If Elephant's Dream is upset about WB, there must be issues. I heard we beat SDSU in Bozeman and about laughed. Really?

ndsubison1
12-16-2010, 10:09 PM
You get 15 schollies.
-
at Creighton.

yeah that is pathetic. 7 players plus sam vs. an MVC team. seriously? can we use some of those random practice players that were used during midnight madness?

imabison
12-17-2010, 02:43 AM
The 2 forwards recruited for this year are out for the season. Ali Browning, who was thought to have a strained meniscus, actually has an ACL tear. Laured Dudenhoffer just had major surgery and is out until this summer. Carolyn said this today at Teammakers.

Also not sure if Trekker will be available prior to the start of the conference games.

Sorry I do not share everyones opinion. They NDSU womens team has shown significant progress over the last 2 years.

steelbison
12-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Also not sure if Trekker will be available prior to the start of the conference games.

Sorry I do not share everyones opinion. They NDSU womens team has shown significant progress over the last 2 years.

Really? We went to games last year that were a JOKE!! 30 plus turnovers in a baskeball game.

If that isn't the definition of unwatchable I don't know what is.

If you have 15 scholly's USE THEM!!!!! We are recruiting players that arent' even the best on their HS teams...In north dakota!! that's talent evalution and that's on the coaching staff.

RowdyRabbit
12-18-2010, 04:48 AM
...but at least they beat the Jackrabbits...:banghead:

ndsubison1
12-18-2010, 07:56 AM

they get 15 schollys? really? and we dont use them all? build a team or gtfo