PDA

View Full Version : DSU coach Stig says Fargodome and Montana is the loudest stadiums

HerdBot
11-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Per Bison Media Blog. Now let's live up to the hype. Full intensity for 4 quarters let's make life difficult for the Jacks and take the Dakota Marker back!
Game is almost sold out. C'mon students! !!! The game is on FSNN and the whole country can see just how kick ads we are.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/

Tatanka
11-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Per Bison Media Blog. Now let's live up to the hype. Full intensity for 4 quarters let's make life difficult for the Jacks and take the Dakota Marker.back!
Game is almost sold out. C'mon students! !!!

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/

IN. If you leave the stadium and you have a voice left, you likely have NOT done your part.

ndsubison1
11-11-2010, 10:13 PM
As of the past two seasons we are not

perthbison
11-11-2010, 10:54 PM
:)
IN. If you leave the stadium and you have a voice left, you likely have NOT done your part.

:bow: I will bring my coyote call:bow:

bisonranch
11-11-2010, 11:13 PM
He talks about the choreographed announcer....that does seem pretty cheesy, gotta agree with that.

Scooter1
11-11-2010, 11:25 PM
"just remind them of their last FCS playoff appearence...."

That would work if....
Your team wasn't 4-5....
and....
Already Eliminated!!!!

ndsubison1
11-12-2010, 12:53 AM
The Yakrabbits had quite a showing in their first FCS playoff appearance...

mango
11-12-2010, 12:57 AM
The Yakrabbits had quite a showing in their first FCS playoff appearance...

Yeah, that made absolutely no sense. I don't understand why they would bring it up when the Jacks choked away their only FCS playoff game

Scooter1
11-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Yeah, that made absolutely no sense. I don't understand why they would bring it up when the Jacks choked away their only FCS playoff game

You forget you are dealing with a mentality that hasn't had 10-1 or 11-0 seasons. Just getting there is a thrill for them. 6-5 and 7-4 seasons are nothing to brag about....unless you are SDSU.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-12-2010, 01:15 AM
I say the fans that want to be loud and stand the entire game we should sit in the student section and show those students how to yell

BigBison
11-12-2010, 01:16 AM
I say the fans that want to be loud and stand the entire game we should sit in the student section and show those students how to yell

I agree. :nod:

mango
11-12-2010, 01:18 AM
You forget you are dealing with a mentality that hasn't had 10-1 or 11-0 seasons. Just getting there is a thrill for them. 6-5 and 7-4 seasons are nothing to brag about....unless you are SDSU.

As an SDSU fan, I think 7-4 or 6-5 is pathetic and shouldn't be the standard, that is why this season has been so disappointing. They should strive for 9-2 or better.

It's kind of sad how happy people are at 7-4.

EndZoneQB
11-12-2010, 01:18 AM

I'm thinkin' this might be a good possibility.

DjKyRo
11-12-2010, 02:14 AM
I'm thinkin' this might be a good possibility.

Do it. Nothing kills the momentum more than waiting for two hours and losing your buzz only to look up from a good seat and see rows of blue chairs.

4mcruenomore
11-12-2010, 02:17 AM
Someone needs to change the title, I keep thinking of DSU coach Hank for the BlueHawks.

JackJD
11-12-2010, 03:49 AM
He talks about the choreographed announcer....that does seem pretty cheesy, gotta agree with that.

Nice to see a Bison admit the PA guy is cheesy.

First time I went to a football game in the FargoDome was a couple of SDSU at NDSU games ago. The facility is nice on the eyes...while I prefer outdoor football, my memory is it was sleeting outside and I was happy to be indoors. The atmosphere seemed upscale until the game started and the PA guy did his cheer routine. I thought: geez, what is this: DIII? High school? I've been to college games in a lot of stadiums but I can recall only two D1 schools that had cheer-guys for PA announcers: NDSU and Minnesota.

Nice company.

Has anyone up there ever thought that maybe the game-day experience -- fan involvement, particularly student involvement included -- would be enhanced if the PA quieted down and the cheering became more spontaneous? Maybe the fans would think they could yell when THEY wanted to.

By the way, Stig didn't bring up the playoff collapse at Montana in the interview. The person conducting the interview brought it up.

Okay, pound away on SDSU's facilities or whatever else you select. I'll be at the game and I'll just chuckle at your PA guy and somebody near me will comment like they did a couple years ago: we playing Augie? (Serious: do rank and file Bison fans think the PA guy is doing a good job? Have they been to a D1 game anywhere else? Minnesota doesn't count.)

gotts
11-12-2010, 04:12 AM
Nice to see a Bison admit the PA guy is cheesy.

First time I went to a football game in the FargoDome was a couple of SDSU at NDSU games ago. The facility is nice on the eyes...while I prefer outdoor football, my memory is it was sleeting outside and I was happy to be indoors. The atmosphere seemed upscale until the game started and the PA guy did his cheer routine. I thought: geez, what is this: DIII? High school? I've been to college games in a lot of stadiums but I can recall only two D1 schools that had cheer-guys for PA announcers: NDSU and Minnesota.

Nice company.

Has anyone up there ever thought that maybe the game-day experience -- fan involvement, particularly student involvement included -- would be enhanced if the PA quieted down and the cheering became more spontaneous? Maybe the fans would think they could yell when THEY wanted to.

By the way, Stig didn't bring up the playoff collapse at Montana in the interview. The person conducting the interview brought it up.

Okay, pound away on SDSU's facilities or whatever else you select. I'll be at the game and I'll just chuckle at your PA guy and somebody near me will comment like they did a couple years ago: we playing Augie? (Serious: do rank and file Bison fans think the PA guy is doing a good job? Have they been to a D1 game anywhere else? Minnesota doesn't count.)

Recap of the 2010 Bison home football season: the gameday presentation/experience sucks. We get it. Hop in line.

4mcruenomore
11-12-2010, 04:13 AM
Recap of the 2010 Bison home football season: the gameday presentation/experience sucks. We get it. Hop in line.

Agreed

(must be 10 blah,blah,blah)

JackJD
11-12-2010, 04:39 AM
I apologize for piling on.

See you on Saturday. You know the Jackrabbits are going to bring their best because hanging on to the Marker will have to be the highlight of this season. Should be a large, ocean-going mammal of a game.

gotts
11-12-2010, 04:46 AM

See you on Saturday. You know the Jackrabbits are going to bring their best because hanging on to the Marker will have to be the highlight of this season. Should be a large, ocean-going mammal of a game.

Best of luck.

Please clean your rabbit turds as you leave the dome.

Thank you.

ndsubison1
11-12-2010, 07:04 AM

Good luck. The Jacks sure do work hard and I hope they give their bestest effort