PDA

View Full Version : Official-Montana Staying In Big Sky, Rejects WAC Offer

bisonatrix
11-11-2010, 05:24 PM
http://montanagrizzlies.com/news/index.aspx?n=2010/114/9294&m=0

Two thoughts-

1. they must be jumping for joy up North. The Montana schools are not only their biggest draw in the BSC, but also their closest roadie lmao.

2. since I know a number of people here want NDSU to make a WAC move I'll say it now-DONT. that conference is like Cherynobyle after the fallout......

still wouldnt be shocked if UM moves eventually. so much for the posters sayin this was a done deal.

oh and one other thing I caught, they took into consideration their instate rivalry with MSU. huh, funny thought huh? working with an instate rival to maintain a rivalry that does the whole state good? fortunately the hatfields and mccoys in Fargo and Grand Forks are WAY ahead of the ball and have the right idea, unlike these schools and pretty much every other set of state schools in the country....

DjKyRo
11-11-2010, 05:33 PM
oh and one other thing I caught, they took into consideration their instate rivalry with MSU. huh, funny thought huh? working with an instate rival to maintain a rivalry that does the whole state good? fortunately the hatfields and mccoys in Fargo and Grand Forks are WAY ahead of the ball and have the right idea, unlike these schools and pretty much every other set of state schools in the country....

I can't help but get the idea you blame both parties for the situation we find ourselves in.

CAS4127
11-11-2010, 05:36 PM
I can't help but get the idea you blame both parties for the situation we find ourselves in.

My own feeling on NDSU v. UND in FB is that I believe and feel strongly that SDSU is our biggest rival, and will continue to stay that way. Let's not even bother with UND anymore.

bisonatrix
11-11-2010, 05:37 PM

well of course I blame UND for the majority of it. especially since it appears Taylor has been trying to get the football game back on recently.

but i was never a fan of not playing them at all during the transition in other sports. it took far too long to get that going and would have been more fun to see them come in rather than the Jamestowns and Si Tankas we brought in.

i just wish there was more civility between the two schools. most every other state the schools can work together, even if their in different leagues, and play the instate game. here we're the hatfields and mccoys. its stupid, and makes everyone look stupid.

i think its commendable that their officials took into account the impact removing that rivalry would have on the state. i know a lot of yokels here think its great to never play UND, but that's a crock. there's no reason you cant have a great division one program and have a great instate rivalry at the same time.

lakesbison
11-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Montana still sucks, so who cares, they play patsies, and in a fluffy conference, of course they are too chicken ____ to move to the WAC.

can we all freakin move on now from those pricks up there?? honestly, lets ALL MOVE ON.

bisonatrix
11-11-2010, 05:43 PM
My own feeling on NDSU v. UND in FB is that I believe and feel strongly that SDSU is our biggest rival, and will continue to stay that way. Let's not even bother with UND anymore.

NEWSFLASH-we're not even SDSU's biggest rival anymore now that USD is returning.

UND is still the biggest rival. and we are their biggest rival. whether the fans want to admit it, whether they are in different conferences, its going to be the case.

and that we're one of the only state's in the union that cant get its two instate schools together regularly DOES NOT reflect well on us...

lakesbison
11-11-2010, 05:45 PM
mpls give it up, WE DONT WANT IT, WE HAVE BIGGER FISH TO FRY!

UNI/SDSU is our football rival, SDSU/ORAL ROBERTS is our basketball rival.

^^^^^^^^^^^^RINSE REPEAT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bisonatrix
11-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Montana still sucks, so who cares, they play patsies, and in a fluffy conference, of course they are too chicken ____ to move to the WAC.

can we all freakin move on now from those pricks up there?? honestly, lets ALL MOVE ON.

Because the WAC is where its at!!!

-Signed the 13 or 14 teams that have left that conference in the last decade plus.

And if making the playoffs for 16 or 17 straight years sucks, I'd take that. If you haven't noticed we're still working on our first at FCS and first in what, a decade?

bisonatrix
11-11-2010, 05:48 PM
mpls give it up, WE DONT WANT IT, WE HAVE BIGGER FISH TO FRY!

UNI/SDSU is our football rival, SDSU/ORAL ROBERTS is our basketball rival.

^^^^^^^^^^^^RINSE REPEAT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SDSU's biggest rival is USD now that their back.

ORU is looking for a way out of the Summit every day.

UNI's got some traction for a football rival, but we dont play them in any other sports, and oh by the way, we haven't beaten them since joining. pretty one sided.

again, we look more and more small time for being unable to do what virtually every other state can-bring their two schools together for regular rivalry games. is that what you want just to avoid UND? for the schools, and by extension, the state of North Dakota to get laughed at by the NCAA establishment because we get our hatfield and mccoy on to an extreme?

CAS4127
11-11-2010, 06:03 PM
NEWSFLASH-we're not even SDSU's biggest rival anymore now that USD is returning.

UND is still the biggest rival. and we are their biggest rival. whether the fans want to admit it, whether they are in different conferences, its going to be the case.

and that we're one of the only state's in the union that cant get its two instate schools together regularly DOES NOT reflect well on us...

NEWS ALERT FOR IDIOTS: I never said we were theirs, I said they were ours (in FB) in my opinion. And I ain's so sure SDSU feels "thinks" the same as you either>

And, also in my opinion (needed to put that caveat in there for some PEOPLE), a pure (notice I didn't say real) Bison FB fan could give a shit about whether we ever play UND in FB again--and I happen to be one (pure, that is).

Gully
11-11-2010, 06:07 PM

We don't even play them, how could they be our biggest rival? Most of the kids on our team probably can't even remember the last time we played them. As for it not reflecting well on us....I couldn't care less what somebody else from another region thinks about it.

NDSU_grad
11-11-2010, 06:07 PM
well of course I blame UND for the majority of it. especially since it appears Taylor has been trying to get the football game back on recently.

but i was never a fan of not playing them at all during the transition in other sports. it took far too long to get that going and would have been more fun to see them come in rather than the Jamestowns and Si Tankas we brought in.

i just wish there was more civility between the two schools. most every other state the schools can work together, even if their in different leagues, and play the instate game. here we're the hatfields and mccoys. its stupid, and makes everyone look stupid.

i think its commendable that their officials took into account the impact removing that rivalry would have on the state. i know a lot of yokels here think its great to never play UND, but that's a crock. there's no reason you cant have a great division one program and have a great instate rivalry at the same time.

Yes, North Dakota has sure sufferred quite the economic downturn since the rivalry was discontinued.

bisonatrix
11-11-2010, 06:09 PM
NEWS ALERT FOR IDIOTS: I never said we were theirs, I said they were ours (in FB) in my opinion. And I ain's so sure SDSU feels "thinks" the same as you either>

And, also in my opinion (needed to put that caveat in there for some PEOPLE), a pure (notice I didn't say real) Bison FB fan could give a shit about whether we ever play UND in FB again--and I happen to be one (pure, that is).

wow, well I guess the other what, 45 or 46 states where two instate schools play each other aren't that "pure". LMAO.

and sorry, if our number one rival is somebodies secondary rival...well...that speaks for itself.....and what exactly is wrong with having multiple rivalries again?

lakesbison
11-11-2010, 06:09 PM
ndsu's attendence and enrollment and NATIONAL exposure REALLY went down.........................NOT!!

Montana's afraid to move up, they'd rather be TROPHY CHASERS in thier own BIG FLUFFY CONFERENCE< which added a school that will give montana another guaranteed win.

CAS4127
11-11-2010, 06:12 PM
wow, well I guess the other what, 45 or 46 states where two instate schools play each other aren't that "pure". LMAO.

and sorry, if our number one rival is somebodies secondary rival...well...that speaks for itself.....and what exactly is wrong with having multiple rivalries again?

You just don't get it do you?? I'm done here, and, as a parting shot, I agree with Lakes' last post on this thread!

bisonatrix
11-11-2010, 06:13 PM
ndsu's attendence and enrollment and NATIONAL exposure REALLY went down.........................NOT!!

Montana's afraid to move up, they'd rather be TROPHY CHASERS in thier own BIG FLUFFY CONFERENCE< which added a school that will give montana another guaranteed win.

attendance and enrollment is up at both schools, who the bleep cares? our NCAA tournaments are the work of the kids and coaches, not some master plan to move away from playing UND....

Montana was smart. it aint worth the money to make a move to a sh*t FBS conference that will get almost no exposure in the years to come. unless we have gobs of money to flush down a toilet, NDSU better not be thinking about this.....

oh and if adding UND is a guaranteed win for BSC members, what do you call the MVC adding USD? I'm all for growing the league, but that looks like a "guaranteed" win to me.

BlueBisonRock
11-11-2010, 06:14 PM

Come on CAS. Sayin' you are pure is like sayin' McGyver can't get out of a jam... :D

bisonatrix
11-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Yes, North Dakota has sure sufferred quite the economic downturn since the rivalry was discontinued.

so we'd like one less sellout per year? or did we count the empty seats in the Morgan State opener as people?

bisonatrix
11-11-2010, 06:26 PM
We don't even play them, how could they be our biggest rival? Most of the kids on our team probably can't even remember the last time we played them. As for it not reflecting well on us....I couldn't care less what somebody else from another region thinks about it.

funny but the sports that have played them in the last couple years seem to disagree. listening to Saul talk about it he disagrees. thankfully the coaches who are scheduling this thing in non-conference have the right idea and see the importance of it.

Bison Dan
11-11-2010, 06:38 PM
I hear that und is purchasing some new buses - too expensive to charter flights so will bus their teams to the west coast......

tony
11-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Griz staying in the Big Sky is great news for the FCS and UND! Woohoo!

JSUBison
11-11-2010, 08:25 PM
I hear that und is purchasing some new buses - too expensive to charter flights so will bus their teams to the west coast......

Guess they don't want to liquidate the remaining Jew gold they have stashed in the bunker.

Tatanka
11-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Guess they don't want to liquidate the remaining Jew gold they have stashed in the bunker.

:smh: Unnecessary.

Da_Bizon
11-11-2010, 08:36 PM
This is great news... at least I think so. It's nice to see a team that is having success stay somewhere that they can be competitive. I think it's a much better alternative that getting forgotten about in a lack luster conference. They didn't give in to the money, and now they still have a shot at winning the national title... which would never happen in the FBS.

lakesbison
11-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Ialto .

NDSU_grad
11-11-2010, 09:20 PM
so we'd like one less sellout per year? or did we count the empty seats in the Morgan State opener as people?

So we get to play them every year at home? Great. Sign 'em up.

CAS4127
11-11-2010, 09:22 PM
So we get to play them every year at home? Great. Sign 'em up.

Zing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Whap!

NDSUstudent
11-11-2010, 09:22 PM
I guess this is from the WAC teleconference.....Talking to WAC comish Karl Benson...

Utah State radio voice.. "Karl, you got the worst conference in America now..." cut off.

bisonmike2
11-11-2010, 10:28 PM
http://montanagrizzlies.com/news/index.aspx?n=2010/114/9294&m=0

Two thoughts-

1. they must be jumping for joy up North. The Montana schools are not only their biggest draw in the BSC, but also their closest roadie lmao.

2. since I know a number of people here want NDSU to make a WAC move I'll say it now-DONT. that conference is like Cherynobyle after the fallout......

still wouldnt be shocked if UM moves eventually. so much for the posters sayin this was a done deal.

I really have no comment on the post other than I recently saw a special on Chernobyl and the area around it. Animal life around the area is actually flourishing in the absence of humans. Life expectancy of animals living in the quarantine zone is a little less do to the radioactivity present in the environment and in the food chain, but all in all, the zone is teaming with wildlife.

OrygunBison
11-11-2010, 11:02 PM
I really have no comment on the post other than I recently saw a special on Chernobyl and the area around it. Animal life around the area is actually flourishing in the absence of humans. Life expectancy of animals living in the quarantine zone is a little less do to the radioactivity present in the environment and in the food chain, but all in all, the zone is teaming with wildlife.

Well, yeah, glowing wildlife.

TbonZach
11-11-2010, 11:05 PM

"A small town in Tennessee downwind from a nuclear plant believes it may have received some radiation leakage. Everyone is dead, and the trees are humming." - George Carlin

Kevin
11-11-2010, 11:13 PM

http://sfcitizen.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Two_Cars_in_Every_Garage_and_Three_Eyes_on_Every_F ish.png

NDSU1980
11-11-2010, 11:22 PM

Well then UNI can be our biggest rival No one in their right mind would consider und any kind of a current rival. They don't want to play us. Remember? Screw em.

As to Montana, it makes no difference one way or another. With the Montana's still in the Big Suck, it just makes scheduling harder. Not enough teams to go to 2 divisions and too many for one. The only advantage to Montana staying is you know it's one game every year where und is gonna get pounded.

Edit: I see Lakes already made the same arguments. Gotta get up pretty early in the morning to get ahead of Lakes.

WYOBISONMAN
11-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Montana staying in FCS is good news for all of FCS. A weak Big Sky is not good for anyone.

BlueBisonRock
11-12-2010, 12:04 AM

Precooked on the hoof.

Scooter1
11-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Has anyone thought to ask the media in Montana how they could stand by while the U of Montana stabs the WAC in the back by honoring their commitment to the Big Sky? :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

That's reprehensible!!!:D :D :D

Tatanka
11-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Has anyone thought to ask the media in Montana how they could stand by while the U of Montana stabs the WAC in the back by honoring their commitment to the Big Sky? :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

That's reprehensible!!!:D :D :D

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/048/229/original/roflbot-uA2M.jpg