PDA

View Full Version : Info on SDSU?

AjaxTheMighty
11-09-2010, 02:11 AM
What is the scouting report on SDSU? I haven't paid much attention to them, except they gave Nebraska a run for their money. Anyone have the dirt?

HandoEX
11-09-2010, 02:20 AM
They have won once in Fargo in 50 years. They have beat one team that NDSU lost to (WIU) and lost to one team that NDSU has beaten (ISUb). Both have beaten SIU and YSU and both have lost to ISUr and UNI. They've been outscored 201 to 189 on the season.

Their QB is the key. SDSU is 4-0 when he does not throw an interception. They're 0-5 when he throws a pick. Get to the QB and the Bison win. It's that simple.

stevdock
11-09-2010, 02:22 AM
They have won once in Fargo in 50 years. They have beat one team that NDSU has beaten (WIU) and lost to one team that NDSU has beaten (ISUb). Both have beaten SIU and YSU and both have lost to ISUr and UNI. They've been outscored 201 to 189 on the season.

Their QB is the key. SDSU is 4-0 when he does not throw an interception. They're 5-0 when he throws a pick. Get to the QB and the Bison win. It's that simple.

Damn didn't think there were any undefeated teams left in the power conferences:p

HandoEX
11-09-2010, 02:22 AM
Damn didn't think there were any undefeated teams left in the power conferences:p

fixxxxxxxxxxxt

:hide:

NDSUFan_Sav
11-09-2010, 02:23 AM
their cheerleaders are from the pasture.

HerdBot
11-09-2010, 02:23 AM
They have won once in Fargo in 50 years. They have beat one team that NDSU has beaten (WIU) and lost to one team that NDSU has beaten (ISUb). Both have beaten SIU and YSU and both have lost to ISUr and UNI. They've been outscored 201 to 189 on the season.

Their QB is the key. SDSU is 4-0 when he does not throw an interception. They're 5-0 when he throws a pick. Get to the QB and the Bison win. It's that simple. Teams are evenly matched. Will be a close game no matter what. Im pumped up!!

HandoEX
11-09-2010, 02:24 AM
Jesus, I can't type for the life of me tonasdfadsfjaight.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-09-2010, 02:42 AM
Jesus, I can't type for the life of me tonasdfadsfjaight.

looks better then Kyro and 26

lakesbison
11-09-2010, 02:57 AM
info on San Diego State University.

well, marshall faulk is their star, you're gonna wanna key on him, he is a helluva aztec runner. Crazy Speed!

bisonfan11
11-09-2010, 02:59 AM

well, marshall faulk is their star, you're gonna wanna key on him, he is a helluva aztec runner. Crazy Speed!

Oh Lakes, you are a funny guy...

AjaxTheMighty
11-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Thanks. The Bison need the defense to step up huge. Mohler not seeing the field at all will help and Vigen getting kidnapped by certain Bisonville faithful may well be the key to winning. I hope the crowd is loud and the dome is filled, because last week, well, that was embarrassing. We need to beat these bunnies badly. I also hope tailgating is like it has been all season. Man has it been awesome. GO BISON!

ndsubison1
11-09-2010, 08:33 AM
They have scored 30+ pts the past five games. But, they are not as good on the road as they are at home. You can throw out the records and stats for this one folks. It's a rivalry game and the Bunnies always seem to get up for the Bison. They are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. This is their big game.

MN_BISON
11-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Well let's see, they are known to like to hunt and fish and according to their homer scribe they do things the right way. They really like to get to know a recruit unlike any other program in the country, this is unique to the SDSU program, they actually go to his house if you can believe it and get this, they watch him play football and maybe even another sport. I'll tell ya man, these Jackbunnies are on top of things and Stiggy makes Nick Sabin look like a Canadian jr. high football coach. On Saturday night when most collge kids are out tipping back a few and chasing poon, the young men of SDSU can be found at the local church reading scripture to the homeless. Their fan base is said to be all class, they never do or say anything wrong and they have never and I mean never said a word during the national anthem, one must keep 100% quite and for the love of Stiggy never say the word Bison at the end of our nation's song or they will lose it.

lakesbison
11-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Don't forget, some players father said "their program reminds me of boise state" wow

mgbison
11-09-2010, 01:09 PM
I love the home of the BISON. Esp when the student section is full, it sounds awesome. They can hate on us and say its disrespectful, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah. I think it sounds cool.

BisonAccountant44
11-09-2010, 02:40 PM
I love the home of the BISON. Esp when the student section is full, it sounds awesome. They can hate on us and say its disrespectful, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah. I think it sounds cool.

+++ the only thing I love more than hearing the home of the Bison in the Fargo dome, is hearing it at an away game when we've got a loud and rowdy group there (UNI dome, metrodome, etc.).

Tatanka
11-09-2010, 03:12 PM
+++ the only thing I love more than hearing the home of the Bison in the Fargo dome, is hearing it at an away game when we've got a loud and rowdy group there (UNI dome, metrodome, etc.).
++
Notice how the team gets fired up for it as well. Why not in the BSA?

bisoneer
11-09-2010, 06:17 PM
The Jacks are certainly going to bring their A game this Sat. to FGO... They seem to have our number lately and they are better than their record shows plus they are on a hot streak which means we need a 'fast start', another good defensive effort and plusses in the turnover category... Obrien the qb is a sr. I believe and so it thier RB Minnett who is one tough cookie... Come on HERD get up for this huge game... WE OWE EM ONE AND ITS FOR THE MARKER!

MN_BISON
11-09-2010, 06:27 PM
The Jacks are certainly going to bring their A game this Sat. to FGO... They seem to have our number lately and they are better than their record shows plus they are on a hot streak which means we need a 'fast start', another good defensive effort and plusses in the turnover category... Obrien the qb is a sr. I believe and so it thier RB Minnett who is one tough cookie... Come on HERD get up for this huge game... WE OWE EM ONE AND ITS FOR THE MARKER!

O'Brien is a sophomore.

bisoneer
11-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Good glad to hear he is not a Sr. ... less experience than I thought for their qb is a plus too.

bisonpride4ever
11-09-2010, 07:11 PM

You can't just key on Faulk though, Lakes. Otherwise Dan McGwire will kill you through the air. And at 6'8" 240, he's gonna be tough to bring down.

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/CardImages/Cards/023/237/04F.jpg

SportsLover
11-09-2010, 07:38 PM
They have a very good running back in Kyle Minnet. 1133 yards in 8 games. average of 5.2 yards a carry and 10 TD's. Pinnet's going to get his 100 yards. Delaware was the only team that shut him down. 14 carries/34 yards.

ndsubison1
11-09-2010, 07:39 PM
They have a very good running back in Kyle Pinnet. 1133 yards in 8 games. average of 5.2 yards a carry and 10 TD's. Pinnet's going to get his 100 yards. Delaware was the only team that shut him down. 14 carries/34 yards.

Not to be picky but it's Minnett. lol :D

SportsLover
11-09-2010, 07:58 PM
My bad, fixed it

BlueBisonRock
11-09-2010, 09:58 PM
lil kyle minute will be selling cars when their season is done on nov 21st, ba bye now.

You think you can get him an introduction at the lot?

jacksfan29
11-09-2010, 10:05 PM
lil kyle minute will be selling cars when their season is done on nov 21st, ba bye now.

OK it is Bison week so I had to come over and see what Lakes had to say, and I find him ripping Minett, seemingly going after his intelligence (not that there is anything wrong with selling cars). Interesting, Mr. Minett seems to be a pretty smart guy. Lakes may want to be careful, he could be working for him one day.

13 in Missouri Valley Receive National Academic Honors
Courtesy: Valley Football

South Dakota State's Kyle Minett is one of three SDSU student-athletes honored.

A total of 13 Missouri Valley Football Conference student-athletes have been named ESPN the Magazine Academic All-District as announced by CoSIDA Thursday. Eight of the league's nine schools had one or more student-athletes selected.

District VII
RB Tyler Duffy SOUTH DAKOTA STATE VII Sr. Brookings, S.D. 4.00 Electrical engineering
RB Kyle Minett SOUTH DAKOTA STATE VII Sr. Ruthton, Minn. 3.67 Economics
OL David Arkin MISSOURI STATE VII Sr. Wichita, Kan. 3.72 Construction management
DL Ben Boothby NORTHERN IOWA VII Jr. Clinton, Iowa 3.85 Movement & exercise science
P Dean Priddy SOUTH DAKOTA STATE VII Sr. Eden Prairie, Minn. 3.71 Mathematics

BadlandsBison
11-09-2010, 10:10 PM
OK it is Bison week so I had to come over and see what Lakes had to say, and I find him ripping Minett, seemingly going after his intelligence (not that there is anything wrong with selling cars). Interesting, Mr. Minett seems to be a pretty smart guy. Lakes may want to be careful, he could be working for him one day.

A total of 13 Missouri Valley Football Conference student-athletes have been named ESPN the Magazine Academic All-District as announced by CoSIDA Thursday. Eight of the league's nine schools had one or more student-athletes selected.

District VII
RB Tyler Duffy SOUTH DAKOTA STATE VII Sr. Brookings, S.D. 4.00 Electrical engineering
OL David Arkin MISSOURI STATE VII Sr. Wichita, Kan. 3.72 Construction management
DL Ben Boothby NORTHERN IOWA VII Jr. Clinton, Iowa 3.85 Movement & exercise science

Looks like Tyer Duffy has a lot of time to study while playing behind Minett.

Ha, I kid, I kid. Gotta admire student athletes who get good grades.

tjbison
11-09-2010, 10:10 PM

District VII

I read this too fast at first and thought P Diddy was on the bunny team

jacks1
11-09-2010, 10:30 PM

...so in other words he'll already have a better job than you do in your mid 30's?

I would love to see you trash talk him in person...

jacks1
11-09-2010, 10:37 PM
not really. nice try.

NDSU will shut him down, im not even worried about him, and some bisonviller's recall a trip to sdsu after the woodside last game where we had a lil convo with him and other players.

CMON BISON!!

...let me guess, they all backed down from you and your imposing 5'5" build.

Bisonguy
11-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Any more petty bitching from either lakes or any jacks fans in this thread will be deleted.

Get over it or take it to smack.

Thumper 76
11-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Any more petty bitching from either lakes or any jacks fans in this thread will be deleted.

Get over it or take it to smack.

What about regular bitching?

heymch86
11-10-2010, 09:05 PM
BisonGuy- its a rivalry. Get used to it

Bisonguy
11-10-2010, 09:25 PM
What about regular bitching?

As long as it doesn't involve lakes and jack fans lobbing insults or pissing at each other, that's fine.

tony
11-10-2010, 09:26 PM

But that crap wasn't about a rivalry, was it? It was just more freaking Lakesbison drama-queenery - something he better stop right now, forever.

JustinTyem
11-10-2010, 09:26 PM

ITS A HUGE RIVALRY!!!!!

Thumper 76
11-10-2010, 09:27 PM
As long as it doesn't involve lakes and jack fans lobbing insults or pissing at each other, that's fine.

Well thats good, I have a hard time pissing at someone through a computer, the pee just splatters on the screen. :D

TAILG8R
11-10-2010, 09:38 PM

...let me guess, they all backed down from you and your imposing 5'5" build.

http://gadgetsteria.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/facepalm.jpg

Oh yeah and ...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/ibtl00183f.jpg

lakesbison
11-10-2010, 09:40 PM
yea, I was bringing up a past incidence. ill tell you all in person if you want to re-live it.

BUT LETS BEAT THE BUNNIES!!!!

56BISON73
11-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesbison http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?p=426145#post426145)

You do realize that the majority of former Bison and the majority or all college football players go on to other carreers after their college days are over?

So whats your point?

ndsubison1
11-11-2010, 09:16 AM
...so in other words he'll already have a better job than you do in your mid 30's?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2776/4310193178_03e653f492.jpg

DjKyRo
11-11-2010, 11:48 AM
TOB is not a mobile QB, about the first one we've faced all season (or so it seems). Minett is not a factor in the passing game. Our defense murders traditional offenses.

We got this.

Thumper 76
11-11-2010, 04:54 PM
TOB is not a mobile QB, about the first one we've faced all season (or so it seems). Minett is not a factor in the passing game. Our defense murders traditional offenses.

We got this.

Yeah you guys have murdered our "traditional offense" for the last three years. Wait a minute........

SUPERBUNNY
11-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Somebody has to say it.

I expect a whale of a game!

Somebody nailed it above. Controlling the pics from O'Brien is huge. Also, SDSU has been inconsistent on defense. At times great, at times below average.

They seem to rise up for the big games and this is the biggest one left on the schedule. The Bison will get the Jacks best game this weekend and they aren't afraid of the Bison or the Buffalo Chip Dome.

Good luck to both!

SUPERBUNNY

SDbison
11-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Somebody has to say it.

I expect a whale of a game!

Somebody nailed it above. Controlling the pics from O'Brien is huge. Also, SDSU has been inconsistent on defense. At times great, at times below average.

They seem to rise up for the big games and this is the biggest one left on the schedule. The Bison will get the Jacks best game this weekend and they aren't afraid of the Bison or the Buffalo Chip Dome.

Good luck to both!

SUPERBUNNY
Doesn't matter........the Jacks will be headed home after this game as the
LOSERS!

MNLonghorn10
11-11-2010, 06:19 PM
sdsu uses crop dusters for flyovers. here i thought saying that for texas tech games was a joke..
http://www.sdsufans.com/images/articles/20091028200628240_1.jpg

http://www.sdsufans.com/

Thumper 76
11-11-2010, 06:30 PM
sdsu uses crop dusters for flyovers. here i thought saying that for texas tech games was a joke..
http://www.sdsufans.com/images/articles/20091028200628240_1.jpg

http://www.sdsufans.com/

Actually I think if they are from the game I remember seeing prop planes fly over, then those are P-52's, hardly crop dusters. How bout the sweet flyovers that you guys get to have.....shit I forgot, roof, can't have that, but you can have a guy rappel down a rope, and get stuck, thats almost as sweet!

DjKyRo
11-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Actually I think if they are from the game I remember seeing prop planes fly over, then those are P-52's, hardly crop dusters. How bout the sweet flyovers that you guys get to have.....shit I forgot, roof, can't have that, but you can have a guy rappel down a rope, and get stuck, thats almost as sweet!

We have B-2 bombers do our flyovers.*

* - prove it doesn't happen!

Thumper 76
11-11-2010, 06:39 PM
We have B-2 bombers do our flyovers.*

* - prove it doesn't happen!

http://captionsearch.com/pix/2rub7eoeem.jpg

MNLonghorn10
11-11-2010, 06:48 PM

fargos airports right down the road, so we use boeings. :D

frequently we get flyovers during tailgating as well

Thumper 76
11-11-2010, 06:53 PM
fargos airports right down the road, so we use boeings. :D

frequently we get flyovers during tailgating as well

You cant count a plane taking off.

roadwarrior
11-11-2010, 06:55 PM
You cant count a plane taking off.

Sometimes they are landing!

tony
11-11-2010, 06:58 PM

Hahahahaha, I don't think so. Did you mean P-51? If so, HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm pretty sure that the US of A did not establish air superiority over the Luftewaffe with planes sporting fixed-in-place landing gear.

Edit: It is imperative that you read my post in the Comic Book Guy's voice.

Thumper 76
11-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Hahahahaha, I don't think so. Did you mean P-51? If so, HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm pretty sure that the US of A did not establish air superiority over the Luftewaffe with planes sporting fixed-in-place landing gear.

OK, very true, then I wasn't there for that particular picture/flyover, you would have to ask a more knowledgeable Jacks fan than I. :banghead:

tony
11-11-2010, 07:09 PM
OK, very true, then I wasn't there for that particular picture/flyover, you would have to ask a more knowledgeable Jacks fan than I. :banghead:

Gotta say though, a flyover with P-51s would be AWESOME. I was biking across that 12th avenue overpass during an air show years ago and a P-51 buzzed over the overpass and it was about the most glorious (and scary) sound I've ever heard. It sounded like God's Harley-Davidson.

CAS4127
11-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Gotta say though, a flyover with P-51s would be AWESOME. I was biking across that 12th avenue overpass during an air show years ago and a P-51 buzzed over the overpass and it was about the most glorious (and scary) sound I've ever heard. It sounded like God's Indian Motorcycle.

There, fixed that one for ya, Tone. B-52's (I believe) do flyover in Sturgis every year--almost takes your breath away!! They come from Elseworth--what are they if not B-52's?
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs398.snc4/46091_459785752929_678487929_6476080_775763_n.jpg

runtheoption
11-11-2010, 07:21 PM
There, fixed that one for ya, Tone. B-52's (I believe) do flyover in Sturgis every year--almost takes your breath away!! They come from Elseworth--what are they if not B-52's?
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs398.snc4/46091_459785752929_678487929_6476080_775763_n.jpg

Well, this pic should be on Demotivational Bisonville Thread in 3, 2, 1....

CAS4127
11-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Well, this pic should be on Demotivational Bisonville Thread in 3, 2, 1....

Shit, that didn't even cross my mind--Tony, delete this asap!!

Answer Guy
11-11-2010, 08:23 PM

P-51's are Mustangs.
B-52's are bombers.

[And I find the Indian motorcyle hostile and abusive] :p

SDBisonbacker
11-11-2010, 08:37 PM
After listening to people last week after the game I have to agree with this statement. "There should be no need for motavation. After last years loss, Seniors last reguluar season home game, and the oppertunity to make the playoffs. These boys will be fired up to go.

15 seniors... I can just about the words that will come out of Gatlin, Phillips, Vandal, Ardnt, Anderson and Gratzek. I know I will not have a oice by the end of the introductions. What a great group of seniors and what a way to end their regular season home games.

Bison"FANatic"
11-11-2010, 08:43 PM
I know I will not have a oice by the end of the introductions.

It may be shorter than you think.

Scooter1
11-11-2010, 09:51 PM
There is a big difference in the team from last year and the team this year.

The team this year expects to win ball games.

Now, I wish we could get some of the Bison faithful to stop masterbating over SDSU's football program. They can brag all they want, but when is the last time they had more than 8 wins in a season? NDSU expects to get 8 wins every season...or at least the NDSU I remember. The reality is we were out recruited by SDSU for two years in a row. However, I think that SDSU is looking at the young guys we have right now who are major contributers and they know full well that NDSU (especially the defense) is set for the next 3 to four years. An incoming freshman on defense is going to have to be the second comming of Christ to break the starting lineup next year. Or, back up for that matter. NDSU football is back. They know it. I just wish some of you guys would take off the granny panties.

If you disagree, make sure you adjust your granny panties before you post.;)

CAS4127
11-11-2010, 09:57 PM
There is a big difference in the team from last year and the team this year.

The team this year expects to win ball games.

Now, I wish we could get some of the Bison faithful to stop masterbating over SDSU's football program. They can brag all they want, but when is the last time they had more than 8 wins in a season? NDSU expects to get 8 wins every season...or at least the NDSU I remember. The reality is we were out recruited by SDSU for two years in a row. However, I think that SDSU is looking at the young guys we have right now who are major contributers and they know full well that NDSU (especially the defense) is set for the next 3 to four years. An incoming freshman on defense is going to have to be the second comming of Christ to break the starting lineup next year. Or, back up for that matter. NDSU football is back. They know it. I just wish some of you guys would take off the granny panties.

If you disagree, make sure your granny panties are off before you post.;)

This year they didn't. If we get 8 wins, it will go beyond even the AD's expectations, but "if" is still in the air and up for grabs. I saw some good things last week, at least on D, that I have not seen all year. Now we need both the D and O to both have solid game, along with ST's, and we win--SDSU would not be able to handle us at our best in all three phases, even if they play their best in all three as well.

EndZoneQB
11-11-2010, 10:00 PM
This year they didn't. If we get 8 wins, it will go beyond even the AD's expectations, but "if" is still in the air and up for grabs. I saw some good things last week, at least on D, that I have not seen all year. Now we need both the D and O to both have solid game, along with ST's, and we win--SDSU would not be able to handle us at our best in all three phases, even if they play their best in all three as well.

The defense looks like it is playing fast...such an improvement over last year. Colton Heagle has been all around the ball since inserted into the line up. Him and Eaves make a pretty damn good pair. I would probably nominate Eaves as the surprise of the season on defense.

ndsubison1
11-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Eaves is easily the most improved player. Especially on defense.

westnodak93bison
11-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Agree, if we play well in all 3 phases we can hang with pretty much anybody in the FCS imho.

jackrabbit1979
11-12-2010, 03:27 AM
How bout the sweet flyovers that you guys get to have.....shit I forgot, roof, can't have that, but you can have a guy rappel down a rope, and get stuck, thats almost as sweet!

This is funny, I don't care who you are (or what team you cheer for).

jackrabbit1979
11-12-2010, 03:29 AM

We got this.

Minett has as many catches as any player on your team. Hard to say he is a non-factor in the passing game.

CaBisonFan
11-12-2010, 03:46 AM
The info is sketchy from what I've read.

In the past few years they have known our playbook. They bring the house and hope that we'll make a mistake or two. Their goal is to beat up on, or hurt, our qb. The openings are down the middle of the field in the passing game. SDSU loves it when we play the short corner routes.

This game is about North Dakota State. If we control the ball and don't panic...advantage Bison. If we continue to give SDSU early Christmas presents (see past 3 games)...advantage Jackwabbits. It's that simple. Ball control. But that's pretty much the story of the whole conference.

Ball control + Solid defense = W

SUPERBUNNY
11-12-2010, 02:13 PM
This game is about North Dakota State. If we control the ball and don't panic...advantage Bison. If we continue to give SDSU early Christmas presents (see past 3 games)...advantage Jackwabbits. It's that simple. Ball control. But that's pretty much the story of the whole conference.

Ball control + Solid defense = W

That could be said for any team in any game. Somebody mentioned controlling Minette is the key. Nobody has stopped him including Big Red. He's going to get his. Indeed if you stop him it bodes really well for the Bison.

For me, the game boils down to which Jackrabbit defensive team shows up. The one that played well like at Nebraska or the one that went Indiana State.

I think this is going to be a great game. Turnovers and specail teams will play a big part and they are an advantage for the Jacks IMHO.

Good luck tomorrow!

SUPERBUNNY

Scooter1
11-12-2010, 07:11 PM
OK so here are my thought on this game.

1. SDSU has had some good fortune the past three games against NDSU. The biggest factor last year being the suspension of Pat Paschall. As of 12:00 today, it appears that Patty V has decided to sit this one out, so SDSU can't count on a last minute intervention...or can they?

2. The Bison Offense is a question mark. They have been for quite some time. Just how is Jesse Hinz going to respond at center? I have to say that I am impressed that Jesse is so highly thought of in the NDSU coaching circle that Bohl can leave Richard at the guard position.

3. Brock Jensen. If he is good to go, I say play him. He seams to see the field better than Mohler and doesn't throw the INT or fumble as often as Mohler. SDSU has capitalized on our turnovers and we need to limit them in this game. Brock will help limit these turnovers. They are saying that when the SDSU quarterback has a good game they win...the difference is that NDSU has been winning some times in spite of the QB play. (just something to think about)

4. Matt Veldman? I forget who this kid is...talk about unrealized potential due to injury.

5. Finally a healthy defense secondary to play SDSU. There is NO comparison between the defense from last year and the guys we have right now. Last year we had three linebackers and no other options. This year we have Anderson, Evans, Jemmison, Willson, and Olson all ready to go. The defensive secondary is better with Heagle, Eaves, Pike, Lemon, Gatlin, Williams, Banks, Colvin and possibly Pierre. Heagle has impressed the hell out of me and Eaves is no doubt the most improved player on the field to the point where he has to be getting consideration for post season recognition.

6. SDSU has not allowed many sacks this year. But the haven't sacked many opponents either. They live off a steady diet of Minette. How do you stop SDSU...shut down or limit Kyle Minette. They say no one has stopped him yet this year....well, they are 4-5 (just saying)

7. Last year they shut down DJ McNorton. If they do it again, SDSU will win this game. My money is on DJ. I think the strides this kid has taken over the last year is remarkable.

8. SIU game. Both NDSU and SDSU won the SIU game in the same fashion. In the SDSU game, SIU was driving in for a score and a pick 6 completely changed the tone of the game. SIU was driving the ball then got smacked in the mouth with an INT for a TD. SDSU scored again to make it 14-0 and SIU never recovered. Against NDSU, SIU came out and shut the Bison down in the first drive. The Bison defense came out and smacked them in the mouth shutting them down. As soon as NDSU blocked the punt for the TD it was over. In fact, they only had three drives past the bison 40.

9. This will not be a typical SDSU game. Both NDSU and SDSU are struggling to score points. Defense is keeping both teams in the games. The difference is the results. NDSU is 6-3 and SDSU is 4-5.

10. This game is being played at the Fargodome advantage Bison.

NDSU 28 SDSU 17

rabidrabbit
11-12-2010, 07:21 PM
But that crap wasn't about a rivalry, was it? It was just more freaking Lakesbison drama-queenery - something he better stop right now, forever.

What???? Or he joins being banned at SDSUfans, AGS, SS????? Tony, make my day!!!! ;)

Theee Catrabbit
11-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Yeah you guys have murdered our "traditional offense" for the last three years. Wait a minute........

I was thinking it too.....

bisonmike2
11-12-2010, 08:59 PM
OK so here are my thought on this game.

1. SDSU has had some good fortune the past three games against NDSU. The biggest factor last year being the suspension of Pat Paschall. As of 12:00 today, it appears that Patty V has decided to sit this one out, so SDSU can't count on a last minute intervention...or can they?

2. The Bison Offense is a question mark. They have been for quite some time. Just how is Jesse Hinz going to respond at center? I have to say that I am impressed that Jesse is so highly thought of in the NDSU coaching circle that Bohl can leave Richard at the guard position.

3. Brock Jensen. If he is good to go, I say play him. He seams to see the field better than Mohler and doesn't throw the INT or fumble as often as Mohler. SDSU has capitalized on our turnovers and we need to limit them in this game. Brock will help limit these turnovers. They are saying that when the SDSU quarterback has a good game they win...the difference is that NDSU has been winning some times in spite of the QB play. (just something to think about)

4. Matt Veldman? I forget who this kid is...talk about unrealized potential due to injury.

5. Finally a healthy defense secondary to play SDSU. There is NO comparison between the defense from last year and the guys we have right now. Last year we had three linebackers and no other options. This year we have Anderson, Evans, Jemmison, Willson, and Olson all ready to go. The defensive secondary is better with Heagle, Eaves, Pike, Lemon, Gatlin, Williams, Banks, Colvin and possibly Pierre. Heagle has impressed the hell out of me and Eaves is no doubt the most improved player on the field to the point where he has to be getting consideration for post season recognition.

6. SDSU has not allowed many sacks this year. But the haven't sacked many opponents either. They live off a steady diet of Minette. How do you stop SDSU...shut down or limit Kyle Minette. They say no one has stopped him yet this year....well, they are 4-5 (just saying)

7. Last year they shut down DJ McNorton. If they do it again, SDSU will win this game. My money is on DJ. I think the strides this kid has taken over the last year is remarkable.

8. SIU game. Both NDSU and SDSU won the SIU game in the same fashion. In the SDSU game, SIU was driving in for a score and a pick 6 completely changed the tone of the game. SIU was driving the ball then got smacked in the mouth with an INT for a TD. SDSU scored again to make it 14-0 and SIU never recovered. Against NDSU, SIU came out and shut the Bison down in the first drive. The Bison defense came out and smacked them in the mouth shutting them down. As soon as NDSU blocked the punt for the TD it was over. In fact, they only had three drives past the bison 40.

9. This will not be a typical SDSU game. Both NDSU and SDSU are struggling to score points. Defense is keeping both teams in the games. The difference is the results. NDSU is 6-3 and SDSU is 4-5.

10. This game is being played at the Fargodome advantage Bison.

NDSU 28 SDSU 17

Nice post. Great insight with minimal bias. Not sure this belongs on Bisonville. :) In regards to point 1. Patty V hasn't made her decision, but just wait. If we are fortunate enough to win the game tomorrow, she'll rule on Monday that Perry was ineligible and shouldn't have been allowed to play.

BisonNeil
11-12-2010, 10:26 PM
They have a very good running back in Kyle Minnet. 1133 yards in 8 games. average of 5.2 yards a carry and 10 TD's. Pinnet's going to get his 100 yards. Delaware was the only team that shut him down. 14 carries/34 yards.

I think the key to the game is shutting him down. He has had good games against us and we have to make them one dimensional, just like we are :(

BisonNeil
11-12-2010, 10:35 PM

A good analysis Scooter, very good.

Not sure I can agree with #7 though. The Bison have struggled to stop the run at times and have had significant difficulties with Minett. His running style gives the NDSU defense fits.

And while I agree with your comments about DJ, I am personally not impressed with the Bison OL. They have really struggled this year with physical defensive lines and they get really lazy with their pad level despite Fuchs chewing their ass about it on a regular basis on the sideline. They have also struggled with pass protection. Having a true freshman at center is not going to do much to improve this situation.

My point is this, DJ is only as good as the line in front of him and they played very poorly against SIU. Two tries in the second half to get a first down with 6" to go failed. You need no further proof that this will be a struggle for the Bison offense.

BisonNeil
11-12-2010, 10:39 PM
That could be said for any team in any game. Somebody mentioned controlling Minette is the key. Nobody has stopped him including Big Red. He's going to get his. Indeed if you stop him it bodes really well for the Bison.

For me, the game boils down to which Jackrabbit defensive team shows up. The one that played well like at Nebraska or the one that went Indiana State.

I think this is going to be a great game. Turnovers and specail teams will play a big part and they are an advantage for the Jacks IMHO.

Good luck tomorrow!

SUPERBUNNY

Not true, Delaware stopped him. NDSU needs to do the same.

DjKyRo
11-12-2010, 10:55 PM
My prediction: 28-17 NDSU!

AjaxTheMighty
11-13-2010, 02:45 AM
What is unbelievable is the fact that this game IS going to be tough. Proof that we have taken a bit of a tumble in recent years. Fallen down to SDSU's level. We have stomped on this program and eaten their lunch since the dawn of time and here we are talkin' about them like they are a bit of something. It's SDSU. They can't compete long term with this team. They can get lucky from time to time and get a good recruiting class. They are living on it now. They will be on life support next year. They can't compete with our facilities, our money, our tradition (8 trophies), and our fan support. I was at Mount Rushmore this summer. My son and I saw 6 Bison shirts, 2 Fighting Sioux shirts, and a smattering of other random universities, including a USD sweatshirt. Not one Bunny. Not one! SAD. SAD. SAD. Sorry, I'm not going to respect this team or this pretender program. They beat us 3 in a row...lucky them. They may win tomorrow. I hope not, but it doesn't matter. They will end up back where they came from, stuck in the corn, championshipless, middling in FCS football the rest of their days. Coming to Fargo every other year and eating a 56-10 loss. Like every single year they played us in the "good ol' days". :hungry:

jackrabbit1979
11-13-2010, 03:59 AM
What is unbelievable is the fact that this game IS going to be tough. Proof that we have taken a bit of a tumble in recent years. Fallen down to SDSU's level. We have stomped on this program and eaten their lunch since the dawn of time and here we are talkin' about them like they are a bit of something. It's SDSU. They can't compete long term with this team. They can get lucky from time to time and get a good recruiting class. They are living on it now. They will be on life support next year. They can't compete with our facilities, our money, our tradition (8 trophies), and our fan support. I was at Mount Rushmore this summer. My son and I saw 6 Bison shirts, 2 Fighting Sioux shirts, and a smattering of other random universities, including a USD sweatshirt. Not one Bunny. Not one! SAD. SAD. SAD. Sorry, I'm not going to respect this team or this pretender program. They beat us 3 in a row...lucky them. They may win tomorrow. I hope not, but it doesn't matter. They will end up back where they came from, stuck in the corn, championshipless, middling in FCS football the rest of their days. Coming to Fargo every other year and eating a 56-10 loss. Like every single year they played us in the "good ol' days". :hungry:

Ummm...this isn't the 1980's anymore, nor the 1990's for that matter. Good Grief.

met1990
11-13-2010, 04:03 AM
Ummm...this isn't the 1980's anymore, nor the 1990's for that matter. Good Grief.

It's tough to tell. NDSU is fighting for the playoffs and SDSU is sub-.500. ;)

Scooter1
11-13-2010, 07:33 AM

Ummm...you are aware that you only won 65 games from 2000-2009 right? :blush: :blush: :blush:

I know that is a big deal for you cause it's more than you have won in a decade for a long, long time if ever, but NDSU won 73 in that decade and that is sub par for the Bison....(just sayin') ;) ;) ;)

Also NDSU had 5 seasons with 8 or more wins in that decade...you had one. :blush: :blush: :blush: