PDA

View Full Version : Jenson Back for SDSU

Bison Dan
11-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Coach Bohl said today on 790 that Brock will dress for the SDSU game. Great news.

HandoEX
11-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Coach Bohl said today on 790 that Brock will dress for the SDSU game. Great news.

Wow, that was fast! Good luck Brock!!!!

dryash83
11-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Yes!!!!!!! :)

HerdBot
11-08-2010, 04:00 PM

That's good. At least if something happens well have a guy with a bit more experience come in.

lakesbison
11-08-2010, 04:01 PM
relax, Jose will bring us a playoff if Vigen wouldnt handcuff him.

MN_BISON
11-08-2010, 04:07 PM
I think coach Bohl might be playing some games here with SDSU, make them plan for two QB's. I have no idea on Brock's health but six weeks seems early for a broken clavicle. (I'm not a doctor but do play one on teh interwebs.)

bisonmike2
11-08-2010, 04:10 PM
I think coach Bohl might be playing some games here with SDSU, make them plan for two QB's. I have no idea on Brock's health but six weeks seems early for a broken clavicle. (I'm not a doctor but do play one on teh interwebs.)

I agree. That's got to be some sort of record time to heal. If it's legit, somebody should 'shop Brocks head onto a terminator or Bruce Willis' character in Unbreakable.

Dabison
11-08-2010, 04:19 PM

Are you serious?

clenz
11-08-2010, 04:21 PM
The bone may be "healed" on x-rays and he may have movement in it but I'd still be shocked to see him on the field.

Any type of hit on that shoulder would rebreak that bone. From what I understand the bone heals the break in 8 weeks, but the structure isn't healed for a couple months, meaning it is still weaker and easier to break.

I'd be cautious with him, another break of it and it could mean bad things for Brock.

NDSU_grad
11-08-2010, 04:23 PM

There are not enough ROTFLMFAO smileys in the world to respond to this post.

HerdBot
11-08-2010, 04:36 PM

I don't think so... the web says that children take 3-4 weeks while a teenager will be 6-8 weeks. Adults can take longer. He's still young and probably heals faster. Also it depends what type of break it it. If it's just a fracture, it may be less than a break. He's tough so I wouldn't be suprised if he starts.

How long does a broken collarbone take to heal?

The younger you are when you break your clavicle, the less time it takes for the fracture to heal. Children will heal a broken bone in 3 to 4 weeks, teenagers will need 6 to 8 weeks before the broken clavicle completely heals, and adults may take up to four months.

aces1180
11-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Obviously, if he is going to dress, the NDSU/Sanford doctors have had to clear him.

In a modern-football world of being really cautious, my guess is that they are 100% sure he is OK to go if needed.

Facts
11-08-2010, 04:41 PM

Did you stay at a holiday inn express last night?? :nod:

CAS4127
11-08-2010, 04:42 PM
The bone may be "healed" on x-rays and he may have movement in it but I'd still be shocked to see him on the field.

Any type of hit on that shoulder would rebreak that bone. From what I understand the bone heals the break in 8 weeks, but the structure isn't healed for a couple months, meaning it is still weaker and easier to break.

I'd be cautious with him, another break of it and it could mean bad things for Brock.

"Movement" in a bone? Bone heals the break but structure isn't healed?! You obviously did not read your post before hitting submit. Alternatively, if you did read before hitting submit, then there is no need for us to respond to any of your posts this week, especially if they are football-analysis-related. Where's Thumper!!!

aces1180
11-08-2010, 04:42 PM

It worked against USD and worked for UNI.

clenz
11-08-2010, 04:44 PM
"Movement" in a bone? Bone heals the break but structure isn't healed?! You obviously did not read your post before hitting submit. Alternatively, if you did read before hitting submit, then there is no need for us to respond to any of your posts this week, especially if they are football-analysis-related. Where's Thumper!!!

Movement in the bone, no. Full movement of the arm without pain, yes.

The bone itself might be healed to an xray, but the entire structure might now be 100% healed.

I didn't word it well, but my point still stands.

HerdBot
11-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Obviously, if he is going to dress, the NDSU/Sanford doctors have had to clear him.

In a modern-football world of being really cautious, my guess is that they are 100% sure he is OK to go if needed.

They are over protective if anything. Unless your coach Stieg at SDSU and you put a QB back in the game who just suffered a concussion. That was one of the most suprising things I have ever witnessed. That guy was out cold and he thought he was bat man.

HerdBot
11-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Movement in the bone, no. Full movement of the arm without pain, yes.

The bone itself might be healed to an xray, but the entire structure might now be 100% healed.

I didn't word it well, but my point still stands.

They have special padding to protect it. But you have to remember it depends if it's a major break, major fracture, or slight fracture. I would imagine with Brock it's a slight fracture.

clenz
11-08-2010, 04:49 PM
They have special padding to protect it. But you have to remember it depends if it's a major break, major fracture, or slight fracture. I would imagine with Brock it's a slight fracture.

Agreed. If it was a hairline fracture, or just a very small break, he is likely fine.

If it was a moderate or worse break I'd be cautious about throwing him back out there.

If he were to take a shot after a throw where he lands on a shoulder and the defender lands on top of him (see Sam Bradford situation last year) it could be bad for him. All the padding in the world won't prevent a hit and landing on the side from reinjuring it if it wasn't 100% healed.

CAS4127
11-08-2010, 04:51 PM
If he were to take a shot after a throw where he lands on a shoulder and the defender lands on top of him (see Sam Bradford situation last year) it could be bad for him. All the padding in the world won't prevent a hit and landing on the side from reinjuring it if it wasn't 100% healed.

HELLO!!?? Your ability to recognize the obvious is amazing!! That's how he broke it in the first instance, and hadn't been broken before that!!

HerdBot
11-08-2010, 05:08 PM
A little birdie told me we may see Brock start this week.

CarringtonBison
11-08-2010, 05:10 PM

You are right-it depends on the fracture itself and the amount of diastasis (spearation of the fragments). Obviously if he is dressing, it was likely just a crack and has healed nicely. Clenz is right, the area might be clinically healed, but will be weaker-thus less of a hit could break it again.

You can have all the padding in the world, but if you fall on it wrong it will break again. Most of these are not broken but direct blow, but by falling akwardly on it (see also-Tony Romo).

bisonatrix
11-08-2010, 05:11 PM

good, but Jose would really have to stink it up to get benched because I cant see them playing a rusty Brock at this point. that he's even back is shocking.

Yellow
11-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Brock will get the rust off, he plays

DORMIE
11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Coach Bohl said that he was at practice and able to throw the ball a little last week.

clenz
11-08-2010, 05:19 PM
You are right-it depends on the fracture itself and the amount of diastasis (spearation of the fragments). Obviously if he is dressing, it was likely just a crack and has healed nicely. Clenz is right, the area might be clinically healed, but will be weaker-thus less of a hit could break it again.

You can have all the padding in the world, but if you fall on it wrong it will break again. Most of these are not broken but direct blow, but by falling akwardly on it (see also-Tony Romo).
Thank you for saying it better than I

tcbison
11-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Personally, Brock with a little rust is a hell of a lot better than Jose. Those fumbles Jose had(Bison recovered) could have really changed the game on Saturday. The special teams and defense pulled out the win.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2010, 05:34 PM
If Brock can't run those QB draws he shouldn't start. Simple as that, if he can do that I can see it but he hasn't shown the right kind of accuracy to sit back in the pocket all game.

He needs to be able to run those draws, otherwise give me Jose over a protected Jensen any day of the week.

BigBison99
11-08-2010, 05:34 PM
I would LOVE to see Brock play on Saturday! I think he gives the team more pazzaz. But, I don't know if it's safe for him to be out there yet. The offensive line isn't the best at holding their ground. A shot at Brock could set him back again. I don't see this as a smart risk to take.

CAS4127
11-08-2010, 05:36 PM
While I can not wait for Brock to be our starter again, if he is not 100% healed and has not had a long enough opportunity to rehab/strengthen his shoulder, he should not play unless Jose plays like shit (that's almost a given tho, isn't it) or Jose gets hurt. Playing Brock when he is physically limited will not allow Vigen to open up the offense (assuming he knows how), as Brock's ability to make those plays would not be there. On a final note, I just hope to hell that Bohl and Vigen recall what Brock brought to this team in the short time that he was our starter--He will be our starter next year unless Jose grows 3 inches in height and hand size and puts on 25 pounds of much needed muscle, starting with his brain!

tjbison
11-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Brock should only get in if Mohler stumbles IMO, save him for some PT against MSU so ge is fresh for Playoffs should we make it. If Mohler plays well he should not lose his spot unless Mohler is 100%

Go Jose and Brock I just like the fact we have this option of 2 guys and next year is even better

unbison
11-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Brocks better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tcbison
11-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Brock should only get in if Mohler stumbles IMO, save him for some PT against MSU so ge is fresh for Playoffs should we make it. If Mohler plays well he should not lose his spot unless Mohler is 100%

Go Jose and Brock I just like the fact we have this option of 2 guys and next year is even better

???? Ummm that makes no sense at all.

HerdBot
11-08-2010, 05:44 PM
That birdie I was talking about tends to have a few too many drinks from time to time so who knows? Was he sober? Coming down. But generally speaking he knows what he's talking about. But he has been wrong before.

tony
11-08-2010, 05:47 PM
That birdie I was talking about tends to have a few too many drinks from time to time so who knows? Was he sober? Coming down. But generally speaking he knows what he's talking about. But he has been wrong before.

If Jose starts, I think they have to let him run.

WYOBISONMAN
11-08-2010, 05:50 PM

Man dude.......stay off the bloody marys in the morning ........ and for god sake don't drive today!!!!!!

NDSUstudent
11-08-2010, 05:50 PM
I think Jose will start, for one we are playing well with him(at least we are winning) and also SDSU is very physical. Jensen is a physical QB, chances for re-injury could be high unless they tell him not to run. Which takes away one of the things Jensen does really well.

CAS4127
11-08-2010, 05:52 PM
If Jose starts, I think they have to let him run.

I was gonna say that I hope they do, cuz it gives him a better chance of being injured, but then I decided that would not be a very nice thing to say, as I don't want to see any of our players injured. That not said, I don't see them doing this in this high-stakes game unless Brock is ready to go physically. Perez would not be able to lead us to a win against SDSU, whereas Jose can, absent dumb ass mistakes and fumbles, which are "flu" bugs he seems to catch often and at inopportune times during games.

WYOBISONMAN
11-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Brock should not start. There is no way he can be 100%. Jose should start and Brock should only be brought in if we have to.....such as if Jose stinks it up.

HerdBot
11-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Brock should not start. There is no way he can be 100%. Jose should start and Brock should only be brought in if we have to.....such as if Jose stinks it up.

He is absolutely 100% healthy with no risk to injury. It was a hairline fracture. Painful as hell but it's gone now.

NDSU1980
11-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Dress.........or PLAY? Big difference.

BigBison99
11-08-2010, 05:57 PM
I think Jose will start, for one we are playing well with him(at least we are winning) and also SDSU is very physical. Jensen is a physical QB, chances for re-injury could be high unless they tell him not to run. Which takes away one of the things Jensen does really well.

winning because of our defense! Last game the defense really came to play! What did Jose do?

HerdBot
11-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Dress.........or PLAY? Big difference.

That's the million dollar question. Can he get enough reps in to be effective? Birdie says yes.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2010, 06:07 PM
winning because of our defense! Last game the defense really came to play! What did Jose do?

What has Jensen done to earn a start over Jose right now? Jensen was 12-27 vs WIU, he has a bright future but lets not get carried away. While Jose has had some bad games he has also played well at times.

semobison
11-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Jensen should only play if they absolutely need him.
1, Hes going to be rusty.
2, A physical running Qb coming off broken bone?
3, He has completed less than 50% of his passes!

I hate to say this, but I agree with Lakes. We only threw 16 times last week, and most of them were on 3rd and long. Everyone in the house knew we were going to throw, and SIU brought pressure. Jose had very little time! We did throw play action on first down once. He had time and completed a 20 yarder to Smith..... People...it doesnt matter who is playing QB if the other team knows what plays you are going to run! It doesnt matter who you have running the ball on 3rd and 1 when they know what where you are going to run....what ever happened to a balanced offense, keeping the D guessing??Its hard for me to understand that some of you cant see the obvious!!!Flame away!!!

lakesbison
11-08-2010, 06:20 PM
thanks SEMO.

sorry guys, but just because brocks' dad has a few beers with you guys doesnt mean you all have to sabotage jose.....ala brent vigen's playcalling.

Yes Jose needs to hold onto the ball, but he looked GREAT at the end of YSU and if you take away his 2 stupid fumbles at ILL ST, he would've had an amazing day especially with his 40yard run for a TD.

with 2 freshman lineman, you need someone that can scramble, domino will be blitzing every play, im not even kidding.

CarringtonBison
My "source" has said the same thing about the hairline fracture and that he is "completely healed". Take it for what its worth.

Remember we just lost our starting center as well and Hinz is a true freshman. He was thrown in there in a difficult spot, but after he came in, the line seemed to struggle some. Hopefully with a week of reps it will all come together.

Add the two together and I would be a bit nervous about him starting. Excited, but nervous. Give each equal reps during the week and have both ready.

HerdBot
What has Jensen done to earn a start over Jose right now? Jensen was 12-27 vs WIU, he has a bright future but lets not get carried away. While Jose has had some bad games he has also played well at times.

I agree that Jose should start but I think there is a reason why the coaches decided to make him the starter.

HerdBot
11-08-2010, 06:27 PM
thanks SEMO.

sorry guys, but just because brocks' dad has a few beers with you guys doesnt mean you all have to sabotage jose.....ala brent vigen's playcalling.

Yes Jose needs to hold onto the ball, but he looked GREAT at the end of YSU and if you take away his 2 stupid fumbles at ILL ST, he would've had an amazing day especially with his 40yard run for a TD.

with 2 freshman lineman, you need someone that can scramble, domino will be blitzing every play, im not even kidding.

Nobody's knocking him. We have 2 good choices. We're 4-2 with Jose as the starter and 2-1 with Brock.

I would like to see both of them play. I know it's kind of crazy but why not? Both bring something different to the table.

Jose was our starting QB for Kansas, Northern Iowa, Youngstown, Illinois State, Indiana State, and Southern Illinois. Brock was the QB for Morgan State, Western Illinois, South Dakota.

Both are good.

Now Vigen I tend to get a bit worked up over... he's improving... I'll put it that way.

devin45k
11-08-2010, 06:36 PM
I want Jenson back but I just want that Marker back!!!!!!!!!!

X-Factor
11-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Lakes, Vigen's play calling is the way that it is because Jose can't execute the real plays. Sometimes the truth is hard to take, and right now as fans, we have to realize this is where we are at for the offense.

Let Jose start, but I have a feeling SDSU will try to get after him and if he makes some mistakes, Bohl will make the proper changes.

Superfan
11-08-2010, 07:42 PM
thanks SEMO.

Why should we take away the fact the he had 2 stupid fumbles that lost the Bison the game against Ill St. Should we take away the fact that he consistantly throws the ball high? How many of his deficiencies should we take away to justify mediocre play? What is it with you and Jose, or you and Mertens. You say we like brock because his dad has beers with us? If anybody on here sounds like they like a player because they "have beers with their dad" it's you and Jose. There is no reason not to play Brock if he is healthy. If Brock is willing to risk breaking it and he gives us the better chance to win...by all means he should start. If he rebreaks it we go back to Jose and Brock rehabs it the rest of the year it's not a big deal. My vote is for Jensen.

JustinTyem
11-08-2010, 07:43 PM
MMMMMMMMM, I have a feeling that Brock will be on the field and in the huddle at some point saturday.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Jensen hurt his throwing arm, he hasn't even really practiced from what Bohl said. I doubt he starts, but he could get a shot if Jose struggles.

Guys his name is Jensen, lets get it right.

CarringtonBison
11-08-2010, 07:54 PM
I think that Bohl said this so we can argue back and forth on this topic and not concentrate on the OC and other game day issues :)

bisonhp330
11-08-2010, 08:03 PM

is he paying you to say that? Jose is not a D1 quarterback- it has nothing to do with 'vigen handcuffing him'- so is it the handcuffs that make him fumble, not get rid of the ball instead of taking a 10-15-20 yard loss- overthrow wide open receivers in the endzone and everywhere else......so what magical, mythical offense would u have him running that would lead us anywhere.....preferrably in the win column?

KilldeerBison
11-08-2010, 08:13 PM

You wouldn't have been very popular on coach Stig's staff, when the starting QB got a concussion and returned later in the same game to throw the winning TD. I would have said the same thing, no way he can be 100%. That poor guy didn't get six weeks off, he got thrown right back into the same game! Seems like Bohl and crew are using better judgement. By the way, I'm not in favor of Brock starting either.

rutlandbison
11-08-2010, 08:16 PM
thanks SEMO.

Just because you are friends with Jose on facebook doesn't mean you should build him up into something he is not. Jose can't execute the plays, thus the play calling. That pass that Warren dropped was the first time i've ever seen him throw the ball down the field. He makes his first read, if it isn't there he bails and makes stupid decisions. Brock over Jose any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

DjKyRo
11-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Lakes, Vigen's play calling is the way that it is because Jose can't execute the real plays. Sometimes an opinion is hard to take, and right now as fans, we have to realize this is where we are at for the offense.

Let Jose start, but I have a feeling SDSU will try to get after him and if he makes some mistakes, Bohl will make the proper changes.

FYP. Opinion does not equal fact.

lakesbison
11-08-2010, 08:18 PM
"because they "have beers with their dad" it's you and Jose."

no, his mom.

Jose has beaten Kansas, YSU, SIU, INd St. 4 wins.

Brock has beaten morgan state and usd. ( morgan st and usd are D2)

doesnt that factor in at all for you guys?

Herd80
11-08-2010, 08:21 PM
thanks SEMO.

We must require the members here to cease and desist on the whole sabotaging the quarterback thingy. Had I known we could sabotage a player, this demand would have been called for earlier. And quit drinking beer with players parents too...you wild and crazy guys you

Seriously, I'm not a big Mohler fan...many reasons, but none that haven't been reviewed already by folks here with more knowledge of qb skill than I. In this case, I don't think throwing Brock in the game unless Jose has a complete meltdown would be in order. Brocks game seems to be keeping the D honest with the threat of the run. Since running wouldn't seem the prudent thing to do...

DjKyRo
11-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Jose should start simply by virtue of being the starter right now. The last thing we need looking to make a playoff run is a quarterback controversy. I'm not sold that Brock is COMPLETELY 100%, but OTOH with all the precautions being taken in football today (particularly at the college level) I find it hard to believe that Coach Bohl and the Sanford medical staff would give Brock the OK to play simply to throw the SDSU coaching staff a curveball.

Let Jose start. If he's the reason we're down at half, put Brock in and we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I was on the Brock bandwagon, but there's more to this situation than simply liking Brock's deep ball more.

I'm with Wyo - give Jose the start, pull him if he's killing the game. I find it difficult to believe SDSU is this elite team when we thought the exact same thing of SIU and look at what happened there.

CAS4127
11-08-2010, 08:28 PM
"because they "have beers with their dad" it's you and Jose."

no, his mom.

Our defense has beaten Kansas, SIU, INd St. 3 wins.

Jose has beaten YSU--barely-1 win.

Brock has beaten morgan state and usd. ( morgan st and usd are D2)

doesnt that factor in at all for you guys?

There fixed it for you Lakes! A perfect example of this being the correct way to view our wins was this weekend, when Jose fumbled twice while panicking under pressure, one of which could very easily have been 6 for SIU, and a game changer from the outset! Also, our D scored one of our touchdowns in each of the last games in which the offense struggled significantly.

Does this factor in for you on why we question whether Jose is "the man". Our defense can not be expected to win games, especially if we get into the playoffs.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Jose needs to protect the ball and if that doesn't happen a change will be made.

bisonhp330
11-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Vigen should be fired. I didnt realize that Jose fumbling and his overthrown passes were designed plays by Vigen. Rediculous game plan if you ask me. Let's try: Jose is great!, Jose is great!, Jose is great! Nope, that didn't help either. :banghead:

I will agree starting Jensen is a tough sell- especially if he hasn't practiced live in team- tough to sit out that long and still be up with the speed of the game.

lakesbison
11-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Jose Jose Jose Jooooooooooooose..... Joooose...joooose!

Lets Pump It Up Around Here!

Im Sick Of Everyone Dogging Our Players!!!

ndsubison1
11-08-2010, 08:49 PM
I highly doubt Jensen will play this game

freelancer
11-08-2010, 08:51 PM

Instead, lets dog Lakes.

MN_BISON
11-08-2010, 08:53 PM

Aren't you dogging Brock???????:confused:
:D
Sorry, I had to say it.

No more dogging in The Ville!:nod:

devin45k
11-08-2010, 09:04 PM
I hate when people are negative on this site.

Its hard to stay positive about Jose though

CAS4127
11-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Jose will be a good quality backup for the next couple of years. Is that negative?!

80ALUM
11-08-2010, 09:12 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++

1bizon1
11-08-2010, 09:12 PM
There are not enough ROTFLMFAO smileys in the world to respond to this post.

Consider the source.

SDbison
11-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Jose will be a good quality backup for the next couple of years. Is that negative?!
No, thats not negative, just a likely true prognostication.

tjbison
11-08-2010, 09:25 PM
???? Ummm that makes no sense at all.

well sorry it was a typo I meant Brock

BisoninNWMN
11-08-2010, 09:44 PM

NO....the truth!!

I think most on here know that I am a Jensen fan but Jose should start IMO.

Jose makes stupid mistakes but he is the starter right now and Brock has been inactive for 6 weeks??? Only if Jose completely falls on his face should
Brock come in......although, I wouldn't mind seeing what Dante could do.

devin45k
11-08-2010, 09:48 PM
I dont think I would like to see a switch to Dante. There is a reason why he isnt even a second string QB.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Jose has made some mistakes but he has made two perfect passes on tough deep throws in back to back weeks and had drops. Holloway this past game and Mack vs Indiana State.

Honestly if I would place blame it would be Jose 35%, OL 30%, WR/TE 15% and Perles(scratch that I MEAN VIGEN) 10%.

We need to pick it up on almost all levels in the passing game. Only the backs seems to be excelling.

Gully
11-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Jose has made some mistakes but he has made two perfect passes on tough deep throws in back to back weeks and had drops. Holloway this past game and Mack vs Indiana State.

Honestly if I would place blame it would be Jose 35%, OL 30%, WR/TE 15% and Perles 10%.

We need to pick it up on almost all levels in the passing game. Only the backs seems to be excelling.

Perles???????????????

TransAmBison
11-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Perles???????????????
Darn right Perles...but don't forget Chapman! He has to have at least 25% blame. And Babich...he should have 15% blame...

NDSUstudent
11-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Perles???????????????

I think he could step it up and use Jose's strengths more. Jose is a great at throwing on the run, I don't know if I can remember one designed roll out last week. I don't even know if we ran a designed QB draw which Jose has also broken for big gains.

Maybe he doesn't want Jose moving around too much because we didn't have a solid backup. But if we are going to have Jose sit in the pocket and pass on mostly 2nd or 3rd and long, it isn't going to be pretty.

bisonhp330
11-08-2010, 10:49 PM

Honestly if I would place blame it would be Jose 35%, OL 30%, WR/TE 15% and Perles 10%.

Maybe this is why the students didn't show up last week.....they couldn't read their crayon-wriiting-on-a-napkin directions to the dome. Poor bastards were following this guy in circles around the student union trying to find their way out. wow.

OMG- now he defended it??!?!??!?!? someone....little help here.

hot off the press:(early 2009 that is)
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15151&highlight=perles

NDSUstudent
11-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Maybe this is why the students didn't show up last week.....they couldn't read their crayon-wriiting-on-a-napkin directions to the dome. Poor bastards were following this guy in circles around the student union trying to find their way out. wow.

I meant Vigen, I had brain fart. Honestly with our offenses over the past three years, it is hard to tell either of the two a part. About the only constant has been the bitching from the fans.

Ferd
11-08-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't suppose Bohl would make that announcement so SDSU has to prepare for two QBs, would he??? :) :hide:

mgbison
11-08-2010, 11:33 PM
regarding our passing game. There was a reason we were gonna pull Vraa and Gebhardt's (sp?) redshirts this year.

BisonNeil
11-09-2010, 12:18 AM

Heh, heh, funny. Thanks for the laugh.

westnodak93bison
11-09-2010, 12:21 AM
I'll let the professionals make the medical decisions and not second guess them with knowledge acquired from a google search. :p

extremerouge
11-09-2010, 01:08 AM
I'll let the professionals make the medical decisions and not second guess them with knowledge acquired from a google search. :p

Haha that there is funny! although if I'm not mistaken, CarringtonBison is an MD...

unbison
11-09-2010, 01:14 AM

Lakes Jose is fumbles as much as ur favorite Viking of all time dante

56BISON73
11-09-2010, 01:16 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Stop it youre killing me!!!!!

BisonCardinal
11-09-2010, 01:31 AM
I dont think I would like to see a switch to Dante. There is a reason why he isnt even a second string QB.

I don't exactly trust Bohl's qb judging abilities. I would like to see Dante in a game.

bisonfan11
11-09-2010, 01:42 AM
To be honest I would not want to see Jensen back so soon. I mean broken collar bones do heal within a season, however the risk of re injuring the collar bone is high. Just look at what happened to Sam Bradford last year. While I am not sold on Mohler (I think he won't be around next year because Jensen will have the #1 QB spot), right now I feel we need to protect our QB for the next 3 years. Right now at this point I'd have Perez ahead of Jensen just to protect Jensen and allow Jensen more time to learn the Bison playbook, and get Jensen ready for the '11 season. There is no need to put any unnecessary risk on Brock right now. Yes, I am on the Jensen bandwagon, but I want Jensen to be ready to take hits again.

Kevin
11-09-2010, 01:45 AM
With a home play off game and the marker on the line I think Bohl has to go to Jensen if he truly is healthy enough to play. That is of course assuming the offense continues to struggle. It just seemed like a different team with him out there.

SDbison
11-09-2010, 02:22 AM
Jensen on a bad day is better than Mohler on a good one.

THEsocalledfan
11-09-2010, 02:28 AM
If Brock really is healthy, there is no decision. Key game and playoffs on the line. You have to play Brock.....no decision needed.

ndsubison1
11-09-2010, 03:09 AM
I just dont see how you can play Brock this weekend. Will he even be 100%? Obviously the coaches/doctors know what's best but just my humble opinion

Kevin
11-09-2010, 03:12 AM
I just dont see how you can play Brock this weekend. Will he even be 100%? Obviously the coaches/doctors know what's best but just my humble opinion

100% or not a win sure would be one hell of a way to start a legacy....

steelbison
11-09-2010, 05:18 AM
If Brock can't run those QB draws he shouldn't start. Simple as that, if he can do that I can see it but he hasn't shown the right kind of accuracy to sit back in the pocket all game.

He needs to be able to run those draws, otherwise give me Jose over a protected Jensen any day of the week.

Couldn't disagree more. Which games have you been watching? I would take Brock throwing left handed over Jose.

bisonatrix
11-09-2010, 05:35 AM

Jose is playing for his job next year and the following year. Can you say, borrowed time?

bisonatrix
11-09-2010, 05:37 AM
If Brock really is healthy, there is no decision. Key game and playoffs on the line. You have to play Brock.....no decision needed.

I would normally agree but bear in mind he's been gone almost a month. To expect him to come in like he hadnt missed a down would be expecting much. If they can find some way to rotate him in with Mohler that would be good.

BisonBabe
11-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Okay I can speak to the broken collar bone issue as I have broke both of mine. The do heal amazingly well and you are not immobile during the healing process. Granted he was not trowing passes during the beginning but I am betting that he was undergoing therapy the last few weeks as they saw the progress he was making.

I am sure that the coaching staff will evaluate Brock's performance during practice this week and if all is well he will start come Saturday.

Now if only we could have a complete game where the O, D & Special teams show up for the entire game.:hide:

westnodak93bison
11-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Seriously, what can Mohler do that Jensen can't? I'd start Jensen if he was cleared to play at 70%. Too many careless mistakes by Mr. Mohler imho.

BisoninNWMN
11-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Seriously, what can Mohler do that Jensen can't? I'd start Jensen if he was cleared to play at 70%. [B]Too many careless mistakes by Mr. Mohler imho.[/B

Cannot argue with this.....

Grizzled
11-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Don't know if its already been brought up but with a new center this week will that factor into the decision. I have no idea about the timetable for collar bones to heal but I imagine landing on that shoulder would not exactly be a good thing so soon after the injury.

This is nothing the coaches don't know though and they will make the correct decision based on all available information. Thats why we have team doctors and trainers.

Go Bison

stevdock
11-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Okay I can speak to the broken collar bone issue as I have broke both of mine. The do heal amazingly well and you are not immobile during the healing process. Granted he was not trowing passes during the beginning but I am betting that he was undergoing therapy the last few weeks as they saw the progress he was making.

I am sure that the coaching staff will evaluate Brock's performance during practice this week and if all is well he will start come Saturday.

Now if only we could have a complete game where the O, D & Special teams show up for the entire game.:hide:

Based on Bohl's history, Jensen being out for 6 weeks or so, etc, I would be shocked if Mohler is not starting Saturday. Discuss this topic all you want, but we all know this is more truthful than what we want to admit.

tony
11-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Doesn't the WCO requires good timing between the QB and the WR as well as having the QB and WRs read coverages the same? Tough to get that all back after being out for so long.

I remember some complaining about how inaccurate some of Jenson's downfield throws were... imo, they weren't inaccurate throws at all - he clearly thought the WR was going to break off the route a couple times.

EndZoneQB
11-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Doesn't the WCO requires good timing between the QB and the WR as well as having the QB and WRs read coverages the same? Tough to get that all back after being out for so long.

I remember some complaining about how inaccurate some of Jenson's downfield throws were... imo, they weren't inaccurate throws at all - he clearly thought the WR was going to break off the route a couple times.

He does miss his fair share of short to intermediate routes. I would suspect that will get better over time, but in the WCO, those are the bread and butter.

NDSUstudent
11-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Couldn't disagree more. Which games have you been watching? I would take Brock throwing left handed over Jose.

Morgan St
8/17 117 yards 3 TDs
13 attempts 57 yards

USD
9/19 182 yards 1 TD
12 attempts 32 yards 1 TD

WIU
12/27 239 yards
13 attempts 69 yards

If Brock can't run the ball because the coaches are afraid of re-injury what is the point? They need to have confidence him 100% because he isn't accurate enough or isn't in sync with his receivers enough to sit back in the pocket. His completion percentage is 47.4%, not good. Jose is just under 60%.

Do people even realize Jensen is our #2 leading rusher? Running the football is a big part of his game. Both he and the coaches need to have confidence that he can lower that shoulder and run with it.

Hansel
11-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Morgan St
8/17 117 yards 3 TDs
13 attempts 57 yards

USD
9/19 182 yards 1 TD

WIU
12/27 239 yards
13 attempts 69 yards

If Brock can't run the ball because the coaches are afraid of re-injury what is the point? They need to have confidence him 100% because he isn't accurate enough or isn't in sync with his receivers enough to sit back in the pocket. His completion percentage is 47.4%, not good. Jose is just under 60%.

Do people even realize Jensen is our #2 leading rusher? Running the football is a big part of his game. Both he and the coaches need to have confidence that he can lower that shoulder and run with it.

PASSING GP-GS Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Avg/G
Mohler,Jose 8-6 129.7 76-128-5 59.4 994 5 61 124.2
Jensen,Brock 5-3 135.3 32-68-0 47.1 557 4 58 111.4

While Jose's % is much better, Brock is still averaging more yards per attempt than Jose as Jose's completions average around 13 yards while Brock is averaging 17 ypc.

RUSHING GP-GS Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
Jensen,Brock 5-3 42 212 52 160 3.8 2 42 32.0
Mohler,Jose 8-6 47 172 208 -36 -0.8 2 48 -4.5

Mohler also gets sacked a ton, which is why he is averaging negative rushing yards even though he has had many huge runs this year.

Mohler has also thrown 5 picks with Brock throwing zero. I couldn't find the fumble stats put Jose has had plenty of those too.

Neither QB is going to "win" any games at this stage. However (when both healthy), Mohler seems much more likely to give away a game.

CAS4127
11-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Morgan St
8/17 117 yards 3 TDs
13 attempts 57 yards

USD
9/19 182 yards 1 TD

WIU
12/27 239 yards
13 attempts 69 yards

With regard to Brock's completion percentage, please recall the several dropped passes that were on the money, just thrown harder and with more velocity then Jose's. Come on, you have to remember those!

NDSUstudent
11-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Only if I you remember the passes our receivers dropped that Jose has thrown and in the past two games they have dropped at least 100 yards worth of passes.

lakesbison
11-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Total smokescreen people.

Jose is our qb, embrace him WE ARE ALL BISON!!!

Brock even pumps up Jose on Facebook, so let's all support this.

aces1180
11-09-2010, 02:19 PM

Just like Brett Favre is the QB for the Vikings...Embrace him, Lakes.

NDSUstudent
11-09-2010, 02:25 PM
PASSING GP-GS Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Avg/G
Mohler,Jose 8-6 129.7 76-128-5 59.4 994 5 61 124.2
Jensen,Brock 5-3 135.3 32-68-0 47.1 557 4 58 111.4

While Jose's % is much better, Brock is still averaging more yards per attempt than Jose as Jose's completions average around 13 yards while Brock is averaging 17 ypc.

RUSHING GP-GS Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
Jensen,Brock 5-3 42 212 52 160 3.8 2 42 32.0
Mohler,Jose 8-6 47 172 208 -36 -0.8 2 48 -4.5

Mohler also gets sacked a ton, which is why he is averaging negative rushing yards even though he has had many huge runs this year.

Mohler has also thrown 5 picks with Brock throwing zero. I couldn't find the fumble stats put Jose has had plenty of those too.

Neither QB is going to "win" any games at this stage. However (when both healthy), Mohler seems much more likely to give away a game.

I'm just saying running with the ball is a huge part of Brock's game, he/coaches needs to have confidence in being able to lower his shoulder and run with the ball before playing again.

Brock has also played two of the weakest defense we have played all year and he got to play them at home.

For the record I never said Jose is the better QB, I just think the biggest game of the year is wrong time to throw a QB in that may not be 100% ready to go. The difference between the two isn't large enough in my opinion.

MN_BISON
11-09-2010, 02:25 PM

I'll let the coaches decide who the QB of the Bison is if that's alright with you. If Jose starts I'm sure everyone will be behind him to play well, pretty much a no brainer there. Now if Brock starts or plays I expect you to "embrace" him, your words not mine, since WE ARE ALL BISON. ;)

TransAmBison
11-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Just like Brett Favre is the QB for the Vikings...Embrace him, Lakes.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CAS4127
11-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Only if I you remember the passes our receivers dropped that Jose has thrown and in the past two games they have dropped at least 100 yards worth of passes.

Yabut, you are counting the 60+ one that Howard dropped. My final .02 on this is that my guess is that Jose starts, which is fine with me, but if he starts effing up, not taking care of the ball and or not making the plays he should be making, we will see Jensen--and, yes, I met and had a couple of beers with his dad after the Morgan St. game!

X-Factor
11-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Brock has also played two of the weakest defense we have played all year and he got to play them at home.

How short our memory is. The offense put up a grand total of 13 points against SIU last week, by far the worst defense we have faced this year. The next runner up would be ISU-B, giving up massive yardage and points to everyone.

NDSUstudent
11-09-2010, 03:25 PM
How short our memory is. The offense put up a grand total of 13 points against SIU last week, by far the worst defense we have faced this year. The next runner up would be ISU-B, giving up massive yardage and points to everyone.

Morgan State is the worst, they play in a horrific conference and even those teams have hurt them. It would be ugly if they played MVFC teams every week. If we would have had our OL set like it is now, no doubt we put 14-21 more points on Morgan State.

I could buy that USD is on par with ISU-B, ISU-R, YSU and SIU. None of those defenses are anything special.

Yellow
11-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Morgan State is the worst, they play in a horrific conference and even those teams have hurt them. It would be ugly if they played MVFC teams every week. If we would have had our OL set like it is now, no doubt we put 14-21 more points on Morgan State.

I could buy that USD is on par with ISU-B, ISU-R, YSU and SIU. None of those defenses are anything special.

Jose started against morgan state.....wasnt ndsu losing at halftime? I honestly dont remember since I was out of town that weekend

NDSUstudent
11-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Jose started against morgan state.....wasnt ndsu losing at halftime? I honestly dont remember since I was out of town that weekend

Jose was knocked out early in the second quarter. We didn't really do much of anything until the 4th quarter. We were up at half but that was the game where our coaches reset the OL and they didn't seem to gel until late in the game.

missingnumber7
11-09-2010, 08:25 PM
I haven't seen enough of Jose to think either way, nor of Jensen. But seeing Jose fumble the ball WITHOUT being touched...it very worrysome. And it has happened more than once.

BisoninNWMN
11-10-2010, 12:50 AM
I haven't seen enough of Jose to think either way, nor of Jensen. But seeing Jose fumble the ball WITHOUT being touched...it very worrysome. And it has happened more than once.

......or his 2 fumbles that cost us the Illinois State game.....:smh: :smh: :smh:

CarringtonBison
11-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Haha that there is funny! although if I'm not mistaken, CarringtonBison is an MD...

you are correct sir

HerdBot
11-10-2010, 01:37 AM
......or his 2 fumbles that cost us the Illinois State game.....:smh: :smh: :smh:

Those things are correctable. But the unforced drops may indicate he has small hands. Wasnt that the knock on Daunte Culpepper?

56BISON73
11-10-2010, 01:38 AM
Those things are correctable. But the unforced drops may indicate he has small hands. Wasnt that the knock on Daunte Culpepper?

Ive never seen this excuse before.

LOL---

it means he doesnt take care of the ball. Pretty simple.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Favre has pretty big hands, the guy has plenty of fumbles(holds the NFL record).

Fumbling has a lot more to do with just being careless and crappy OL play.

bkit29
11-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Favre has pretty big hands, the guy has plenty of fumbles(holds the NFL record).

For what it's worth, longevity is the main reason for Favre having the fumbles record.

BisoninNWMN
11-10-2010, 11:22 AM

Yes they are but he needs to make better decisions, or we lose.

The Jacks are going to pressure him all game; he needs to bring his A-game for us to win.

We need this game and if Jose is playing poorly, I believe Bohl will bring Brock in.

bisonmike2
11-10-2010, 02:55 PM

You know what they say about guys with big hands......they like to take pictures of their wangs and text them to women who are not their wife.

aces1180
11-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Game day decision...

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/297945/group/homepage/

It worked out just fine against USD.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-11-2010, 03:08 PM

I believe we we were up 14-9 at half. We really played terrible that day and we should've beat them but more than only 26, should've been at least 35-40.

Tatanka
11-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Kolpack's tweet from last night would seem to indicate that Jensen isn't sure about being ready to take a hit by Saturday and might not be ready to play yet. Makes sense, but is that real or is that just to keep SDSU guessing? :innocent:

THEsocalledfan
11-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Kolpack's tweet from last night would seem to indicate that Jensen isn't sure about being ready to take a hit by Saturday and might not be ready to play yet. Makes sense, but is that real or is that just to keep SDSU guessing? :innocent:

I think its real. Can't be tentative when playing.

I bet Mohler starts, but with the season on the line and any struggles, I think they will be willing to chance Brock if Brock is willing.

Hell, the last time SDSU played in the FFD, they were using a QB who had zero idea where he was.....

TransAmBison
11-11-2010, 03:33 PM
I think its real. Can't be tentative when playing.

I bet Mohler starts, but with the season on the line and any struggles, I think they will be willing to chance Brock if Brock is willing.

Hell, the last time SDSU played in the FFD, they were using a QB who had zero idea where he was.....
Both teams were...