PDA

View Full Version : I guarantee a sellout deer hunting opener every year f you do this...

skolbrother
11-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Play UND @ 7pm.
Was @ game yesterday, I HATE 3 pm starts on a beautiful fall day. Don't Like UND football either thats why the adults would get a sitter for the night I just described!

WYOBISONMAN
11-07-2010, 02:05 PM
LOL......a UND game at 7pm titled the "Deer Hunting Classic"........people would be in a hell of a quandry as to whether to hunt out west or stay in Fargo for the game. Dear opener or not.....that one would sell out.

skolbrother
11-07-2010, 02:12 PM
LOL......a UND game at 7pm titled the "Deer Hunting Classic"........people would be in a hell of a quandry as to whether to hunt out west or stay in Fargo for the game. Dear opener or not.....that one would sell out.

Exactly, ok now everyone is going to get into all the details of why it could not happen.

Not my point if the 2 AD's looked at it each year and said hey we are not the enemy the deer are who we fear...you get my drift.

Bisonfan1
11-07-2010, 02:25 PM
DEER IS THE DEVIL - great idea, theres a career in marketing at NDSU in your future brother !!

WYOBISONMAN
11-07-2010, 02:30 PM
I detest the hell out of UND, but if there was a "Deer Hunting Classic" played on that opening weekend at 7pm, and it alternated every year between UND and NDSU, I think an annual event would be created that would always guarantee a sell out. You could retire the nickel and have a new DI traveling trophy.........maybe a turdy point buck?!?!

Bisonfan1
11-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Speaking of TURD, when is the hat and boots going to grace our presence ?? Dont you love us anymore ?? :D

HerdBot
11-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Play UND @ 7pm.
Was @ game yesterday, I HATE 3 pm starts on a beautiful fall day. Don't Like UND football either thats why the adults would get a sitter for the night I just described!

That's a great idea. We could rotate it. If you think our 12k is bad apparently they had paid attendance of 6500 with a ton of no shows.

WYOBISONMAN
11-07-2010, 02:55 PM
That's a great idea. We could rotate it. If you think our 12k is bad apparently they had paid attendance of 6500 with a ton of no shows.

Yup.....I saw both games and the crowds were pathetic both places. UND was much worse, but then again they have a terrible team and are really playing for nothing....

Herd Mentality
11-07-2010, 03:06 PM
I 've stated for years that the deer season games should be 7 PM starts. That alone would put more butts in the seats.

tjbison
11-07-2010, 03:08 PM
I just hope they start the Marketing push for next week!!!! no reason in HELL that place shouldn't be full to the max BIG BIG BIG game next week

IzzyFlexion
11-07-2010, 03:49 PM
How about a promotion called "The Hunt at the Half"
Bring a rifle to the dome and automatically be eligible to be among 1,000 people selected for a halftime extravaganza where a bunch of deer are released throughout the building and an onslaught of fired up hunters have the entire 20 minute intermission to bag themselves a deer.

duluthbison
11-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Bring a rifle to the dome and automatically be eligible to be among 1,000 people selected for a halftime extravaganza where a bunch of deer are released throughout the building and an onslaught of fired up hunters have the entire 20 minute intermission to bag themselves a deer.

Well it's a good thing measure 2 didn't pass! :D

westnodak93bison
11-07-2010, 04:20 PM
How about getting a bye or away game sceduled for deer opener?

roadwarrior
11-07-2010, 04:31 PM
How about getting a bye or away game sceduled for deer opener?

The conference sets up the schedule for conference games.

bisonatrix
11-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Play UND @ 7pm.

probably gonna be tough to impossible to do that for both schools once UND is in the BSC since by this point in the year both are in the heart of conference play.

the only time it will really work is early in the year ala the way they do the rocky mountain showdown in Coloardo-play their opener against each other.

the simpler solution-why start the deer opener game in the afternoon? do it at 7 for pete's sake, not the middle of the day. they did the same thing a few years back when either Davis or SUU was in town and we had nobody show up.

WYOBISONMAN
11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
probably gonna be tough to impossible to do that for both schools once UND is in the BSC since by this point in the year both are in the heart of conference play.

the only time it will really work is early in the year ala the way they do the rocky mountain showdown in Coloardo-play their opener against each other.

maybe we could get the State of ND to start deer season in early September....;)

bisonatrix
11-07-2010, 07:07 PM
maybe we could get the State of ND to start deer season in early September....;)

hmm;)

i actually think, if both ADs were smart, they should do something similar to the Colorado setup. set it up as the annual opener, promote the hell out of it (hell the game promotes itself) and get tons of sponsors. college football rarely needs any buildup for the start anyway, but the hype for an annual UND-NDSU opener would be over the top. considering both programs always struggle to get some rinky dink school in for a cupcake game, this would solve that issue. you could still play a guarantee game too with room for either another cupcake/ranked FCS game if you want.

course since Faison seems more interested in getting guarantee games that might be out the window. Taylor tried to fill the opening next year with it, and Faison had Idaho and Fresno already there. you have to wonder if that will change now that their travel budget is about to skyrocket in the BSC.

Hammersmith
11-07-2010, 07:54 PM
The conference sets up the schedule for conference games.

It would be nice if each school in the conference could submit one or two dates per year to ask for home games and/or away games, and then the schedulers would do their best to comply. Maybe they do that already. NDSU could ask for away games(or byes) on deer(#1) and pheasant(#2). SDSU would do the same except swap the priority order. UNI could ask for an away game(or bye) on Iowa/Iowa State. Etc.

walknroehl
11-07-2010, 10:29 PM
7pm wouldn't have gotten the hunters this year.

1. They would have to be close to Fargo anyway.

2. The retarded DST rollback change. Legal shooting hours were until ~6:30 last night.

missingnumber7
11-08-2010, 12:59 PM

I thought it was dress up as a green seat day in Grand Forks. And wear your Blue seat in Fargo. Both were bad, but UNd looked worse on TV. At least it sounded like the fans were making some noise in Fargo.

WYOBISONMAN
11-08-2010, 01:01 PM
I thought it was dress up as a green seat day in Grand Forks. And wear your Blue seat in Fargo. Both were bad, but UNd looked worse on TV. At least it sounded like the fans were making some noise in Fargo.

I have been to noisier funerals than that Sioux game was.:nod: Although the way the Sioux played.......it kinda was a funeral of sorts.......

missingnumber7
11-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I have been to noisier funerals than that Sioux game was.:nod: Although the way the Sioux played.......it kinda was a funeral of sorts.......

That noise was worse than the annoying reverb noise you get watching the viqueens play.

dryash83
11-08-2010, 04:05 PM
You can be a dedicated Bison Fan AND a successful deer hunter. We went to the game on saturday, drove up and back the same day (180 miles one way!!), AND shot 2 of 3 nice bucks on Sunday.

Depends on your level of loyality for attending Bison games!!

CarringtonBison
11-08-2010, 04:15 PM
You can be a dedicated Bison Fan AND a successful deer hunter. We went to the game on saturday, drove up and back the same day (180 miles one way!!), AND shot 2 of 3 nice bucks on Sunday.

I did as well. Not an excuse IMHO.

Herd Mentality
11-09-2010, 04:42 AM
7pm wouldn't have gotten the hunters this year.

1. They would have to be close to Fargo anyway.

2. The retarded DST rollback change. Legal shooting hours were until ~6:30 last night.

I don't consider the 130 miles that I raced back to Fargo close. If you figure maybe 75% (probably a lot more) of the fans are within 50 miles of the stadium, that might get a lot more hunters back than you think. Gives a good half day of hunting at the very least that day if you live in the valley and still plenty of time to tailgate a little and make the game.

The_Sicatoka
11-11-2010, 04:16 PM
DEER IS THE DEVIL
Rats with hooves.

CAS4127
11-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Rats with hooves.

There it is, the new UND mascot: DeerDevil--aka, rats with hooves!!

Submit that to the committee Sic, and we here on BV will ensure we vote many times for it, as I think the vast majority of us are ND residents, and, hey, all ND residents should get a say on the new nickname for THE University of North Dakota, right"

56BISON73
11-11-2010, 05:13 PM

Been to any away games this year?

perthbison
11-11-2010, 07:39 PM
I 've stated for years that the deer season games should be 7 PM starts. That alone would put more butts in the seats.

Not to mention the highschool playoff games are all at 1 or 2 in the afternoon:ranting: :ranting:

CAS4127
11-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Not to mention the highschool playoff games are all at 1 or 2 in the afternoon:ranting: :ranting:

Or why not a Thursday nite game like the MAC and other mid-majors have often done and still do?!

JustinTyem
11-11-2010, 07:45 PM
The Deer is the Devil!!!! http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20101111/APC0101/311120106/Video-Deer-flies-in-and-out-of-family-s-car

perthbison
11-11-2010, 07:46 PM

This is a genious idea! I know it would go over with management but it is the janitors and maintenance people where you would hit a snag as they would object to cleaning up all the gut piles.

coldspot
11-11-2010, 07:50 PM
This is a genious idea! I know it would go over with management but it is the janitors and maintenance people where you would hit a snag as they would object to cleaning up all the gut piles.

or instead of deer, the dome nazis dress up as deer and run around? everybody would be a winner then

Da_Bizon
11-11-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm down for this idea... somebody call up Taylor.

perthbison
11-11-2010, 07:54 PM

I watched sue sports extra on sunday night (it is right before the Bohl show) and I think the pissed off demeaner of Mussmen pretty much said it all. He didn't just not smile once but he looked angry at the world. Somewhat Postal, if you will.:nod: :nod: :nod: :D

perthbison
11-11-2010, 08:04 PM
There it is, the new UND mascot: DeerDevil--aka, rats with hooves!!

Submit that to the committee Sic, and we here on BV will ensure we vote many times for it, as I think the vast majority of us are ND residents, and, hey, all ND residents should get a say on the new nickname for THE University of North Dakota, right"

I favor the "indian heads" in honor of the great highway route in Northern Saskatchwan as many hocky players come from there. Then they can keep the logo.

90 BISON
11-11-2010, 08:44 PM

If they do this I think I will have to resign from the GSMB, marching is tough enough without having to dodge bullets, deer and hunters!