PDA

View Full Version : Sell the student tickets if they dont pick them up!

HerdBot
11-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Its time to make a decision Gene Taylor. Next weeks game is going to be sold out. Its the biggest game in Bison Football short D1 history. That will leave 4,000 student tickets out there that the general public would love to buy. We need to put together a plan in case they don't show up. Print off 2k general admission tickets and save them. If the student turnout is weak, put them on sale Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.

NDSUstudent
11-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Its time to make a decision Gene Taylor. Next weeks game is going to be sold out. Its the biggest game in Bison Football short D1 history. That will leave 4,000 student tickets out there that the general public would love to buy. We need to put together a plan in case they don't show up. Print off 2k general admission tickets and save them. If the student turnout is weak, put them on sale Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.

Sell them? Should we put the other 6,000 empty seats up for sale as well? I'd get your point if the rest of the dome was full but that wasn't even close to the case. Just pathetic all around, not even worth complaining about the students when the rest of the dome is hardly full as well.

duluthbison
11-07-2010, 12:15 AM

The problem is that students have already PAID for those tickets through our student fees. How about Gene also print up 2000 GA tickets just in case Teammaker and Season Ticket turnout is poor as well.

HerdBot
11-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Sell them? Should we put the other 6,000 empty seats up for sale as well? I'd get your point if the rest of the dome was full but that wasn't even close to the case. Just pathetic all around, not even worth complaining about the students when the rest of the dome is hardly full as well.

The regular fans didn't show but certainly had a much greater presence. I don't think there were 500 students today. The regular ticket are paid for and distributed. Student tickets are not distributed. Easy to control.

NDSUstudent
11-07-2010, 12:21 AM
The regular fans didn't show but certainly had a much greater presence. I don't think there were 500 students today.

Can't argue with you there. It was sad.

Marketing needs to get to work and for the love of God setup a booth in the union and give out the SDSU tickets there.

HerdBot
11-07-2010, 12:21 AM
The problem is that students have already PAID for those tickets through our student fees. How about Gene also print up 2000 GA tickets just in case Teammaker and Season Ticket turnout is poor as well.

You can't predict if paid for and distributed tickets will show. You can predict student turnover and if they don't pick them up by game time its a guarantee they will be empty.easy to control.

Bisonguy
11-07-2010, 12:30 AM
The regular fans didn't show but certainly had a much greater presence. I don't think there were 500 students today. The regular ticket are paid for and distributed. Student tickets are not distributed. Easy to control.

There were at least 600 if you count the GSMB. Less than 500 total after halftime.

rdh701
11-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Couple of points, it is deer hunting opener and it's a 3:00 in the afternoon game. Neither factors are going to help attendance in the least.

HerdBot
11-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Couple of points, it is deer hunting opener and it's a 3:00 in the afternoon game. Neither factors are going to help attendance in the least.

Every conference game is 3pm except homecoming. Heck NFL games are at NOON and they don't have issues. Weather was to our advantage and the students didn't show up when it wasn't hunting. Honestly I don't know anyone who hunts. Its crap.

We need to figure out a way to get the student tickets out to the real fans. Maybe they can work out an agreement with the students. Not sure why they would object since only 500 showed up and most left at halftime.

duluthbison
11-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Every conference game is 3pm except homecoming. Heck NFL games are at NOON and they don't have issues. Weather was to our advantage and the students didn't show up when it wasn't hunting. Honestly I don't know anyone who hunts. Its crap.

We need to figure out a way to get the student tickets out to the real fans. Maybe they can work out an agreement with the students. Not sure why they would object since only 500 showed up and most left at halftime.

Sorry but I just don't see it happening. I don't see Gene being able to justify giving away student tickets that are already sold. Not to mention the uproar that student government would start, hmmm maybe that would jump start attendance?

HerdBot
11-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Sorry but I just don't see it happening. I don't see Gene being able to justify giving away student tickets that are already sold. Not to mention the uproar that student government would start, hmmm maybe that would jump start attendance?

Well for 1 week it wouldn't hurt to ask. All they can do is say no.

duluthbison
11-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Well for 1 week it wouldn't hurt to ask. All they can do is say no.

True, maybe if student government caught wind of how frustrated the athletics department is about the whole attendance thing they could team up to try to figure out how to get people to the game.

I can tell you one thing, I will do my part. I run our campus movie channel that plays in the residence halls. I will be sure to make some sort of awesome ad to start up some buzz for the dakota marker game!

EndZoneQB
11-07-2010, 01:06 AM

Excuses aren't excepted here. Don't bitch about not having enough tickets then not show up basically 2 weeks in a row. Inexcusable.

1bizon1
11-07-2010, 01:07 AM

Then maybe the student government better find a way to get more students to the games and to STAY at the games. Hearty congrats to the regular every game students! To the whining students, put up or shut up.

HerdBot
11-07-2010, 01:19 AM
True, maybe if student government caught wind of how frustrated the athletics department is about the whole attendance thing they could team up to try to figure out how to get people to the game.

I can tell you one thing, I will do my part. I run our campus movie channel that plays in the residence halls. I will be sure to make some sort of awesome ad to start up some buzz for the dakota marker game!

That's the type of leadership we are missing. You have more power than most people have. Way to step up!

Its not only the athletic department that is frustrated. Its the players, teammakers, ticket buyers, and the 500 students that do go to the games. Heck I talked to some people in the band and they were pisses too.

Need a grassroots effort. We need an old school pep rally. Need guys like yourself.

duluthbison
11-07-2010, 01:25 AM
That's the type of leadership we are missing. You have more power than most people have. Way to step up!

Its not only the athletic department that is frustrated. Its the players, teammakers, ticket buyers, and the 500 students that do go to the games. Heck I talked to some people in the band and they were pisses too.

Need a grassroots effort. We need an old school pep rally. Need guys like yourself.

Thanks! I try, as we speak there is an athletics schedule running on the channel! But I will try to make something really cool for the dakota marker game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbWkOVOYnfM

devin45k
11-07-2010, 01:37 AM

As a recent graduate, I am pumped to be able to fly back for my only game this season next week. I was appaulled when I saw the crowd online. I am bringing my dad and brother to the game too for their first Bison game. I am glad they didnt go to this one. I would have been embarrassed to show them all the empty seats.

HerdBot
11-07-2010, 01:39 AM
Thanks! I try, as we speak there is an athletics schedule running on the channel! But I will try to make something really cool for the dakota marker game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbWkOVOYnfM

If you want to get people fired up, show a video of the jacks hoisting the Dakota Marker up in the air. That always pisses me off and gets me fired up. Here watch this http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=PC-_-R2lOvk

I know there are more annoying ones out there.

X-Factor
11-07-2010, 01:42 AM
This thread is dumb.

Yes, student attendance was beyond pathetic. Just a few hundred students. But the whole dome was empty today, people.

This would be a worthwhile thread if we actually had a game where every seat was sold out and the students didn't show up and prevented die-hard bison fans from watching the game. Then, you have reason to complain and I would fully support any measure to get those tickets into someone's hands who will use them. I am not sure if this has happened before?

HerdBot
11-07-2010, 01:54 AM
This thread is dumb.

Yes, student attendance was beyond pathetic. Just a few hundred students. But the whole dome was empty today, people.

This would be a worthwhile thread if we actually had a game where every seat was sold out and the students didn't show up and prevented die-hard bison fans from watching the game. Then, you have reason to complain and I would fully support any measure to get those tickets into someone's hands who will use them. I am not sure if this has happened before?

Dude. Next weeks game is already CLOSE to being sold out. Try and buy tickets online. It would be silly for the game to be sold out with people looking for tickets while we have 4k empty student seats. This could potentially be one of the best selling games of all time.

X-Factor
11-07-2010, 03:08 AM
What is going to hurt for the students is veterans day. Many will just take friday off as well and go home for the weekend....unfortunately. I don't think these policies can be changed in one week.

HerdBot
11-07-2010, 06:30 AM
What is going to hurt for the students is veterans day. Many will just take friday off as well and go home for the weekend....unfortunately. I don't think these policies can be changed in one week.

Every week it's anohter excuse. Hunting. Veterans day. Game is too early. (even though homecoming was a noon game) They remind me of that annoying slacker at work who is always late and he always has some lame ass excuse.

This is what the student section should look like... oh wow that was just last year!? http://dehoff.smugmug.com/photos/193576132_KfkfJ-M.jpg

tjbison
11-07-2010, 04:06 PM
We should also re sell the teamakers 50 yd line tickets

Gully
11-07-2010, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the student allotment is lowered to 3,000 next year. With the team improving again, we'll see better attendance next year. Hard to justify that many seats for students if they're only all used once or maybe twice per year.

Students, if you don't like that, just show up. I'm sure everyone would rather have the students there because of their ability to fire the place up.

WYOBISONMAN
11-07-2010, 05:45 PM
I say the Northern ought to offer a free drink and lapdance to students that stay the whole game.....the student section would be filled with loud rowdy guys!

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/8/11aug21-smoking-hot-lap-dance.jpg

HerdBot
11-07-2010, 06:12 PM
I say the Northern ought to offer a free drink and lapdance to students that stay the whole game.....the student section would be filled with loud rowdy guys!

They have some competition now... bada bing is the new place.

BlueBisonRock
11-07-2010, 06:20 PM

Did you take this shot down in your man cave? If so, we need to have a road trip to your place! :D

WYOBISONMAN
11-07-2010, 06:22 PM
They have some competition now... bada bing is the new place.

I am not picky.......titties and beer will get them to the game.....;)

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/4/18apr29-beer-and-titties.jpg

WYOBISONMAN
11-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Did you take this shot down in your man cave? If so, we need to have a road trip to your place! :D

Absolutely......that was our half-time entertainment while watching the Bison game. By the time the 3rd quarter started I was exhausted and forgot what the score was.....

duluthbison
11-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Absolutely......that was our half-time entertainment while watching the Bison game. By the time the 3rd quarter started I was exhausted and forgot what the score was.....

You can step up and take charge WYO.....send them over to my seat at the dome next week :D

BlueBisonRock
11-07-2010, 07:30 PM

Colorado State in 2012. The road must run by your place!!!

WYOBISONMAN
11-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Colorado State in 2012. The road must run by your place!!!

Unfortunately we are in the far West of WYO (Green River). But, anyone who wants could come out prior to the game and we could do some salmon fishing on Flaming Gorge.....and of course drinking and all that goes with that.:D

bisonatrix
11-07-2010, 07:40 PM

well i would hope they are selling standing room only. try and get it to 20K.

I would think the students will show up unless they are on thanksgiving break or something of that ilk.

rutlandbison
11-07-2010, 07:58 PM
We should also re sell the teamakers 50 yd line tickets
yup we should. Lets just make the entire dome general admission.

EndZoneQB
11-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Unfortunately we are in the far West of WYO (Green River). But, anyone who wants could come out prior to the game and we could do some salmon fishing on Flaming Gorge.....and of course drinking and all that goes with that.:D

Oh man, salmon fishing would be awesome.