PDA

View Full Version : NDSU to Big Sky?

bisonhp330
11-04-2010, 08:46 PM
USD is out.......just saying- let the posts begin!

HandoEX
11-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Worst post ever. Permaban!

:p

bisonatrix
11-04-2010, 08:50 PM
USD is out.......just saying- let the posts begin!

uhhhh.....no.

USD being out pretty much assured NDSU of not going. had USD gone to the Sky the SUmmit would have been on the brink. even if ORU does leave its still okay going forward, and if anything has set up its base in the Dakotas.

i'm not sure how our travel partnerships will work now that, I assume, USD and SDSU will partner up. on the outset, it kinda looks like NDSU and UND are northern outposts in each of their leagues. difference is we dont have to blow a couple grand on flying and chartering flights across country.

HandoEX
11-04-2010, 08:52 PM
uhhhh.....no.

USD being out pretty much assured NDSU of not going. had USD gone to the Sky the SUmmit would have been on the brink. even if ORU does leave its still okay going forward, and if anything has set up its base in the Dakotas.

i'm not sure how our travel partnerships will work now that, I assume, USD and SDSU will partner up. on the outset, it kinda looks like NDSU and UND are northern outposts in each of their leagues. difference is we dont have to blow a couple grand on flying and chartering flights across country.

From what I've read, the Summit will have a rotating travel-partnerless team that changes each year.

bisonatrix
11-04-2010, 08:54 PM
From what I've read, the Summit will have a rotating travel-partnerless team that changes each year.

that would seem to make some sense. hopefully the league helps that team a lil bit on travel each year.

bisonhp330
11-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Worst post ever. Permaban!

:p

blah - i could do worse- beside- lakes has had WAY worse posts than this.

even down the road - if the montana schools stay in- which is a big question- are they moving to the 16 team super-conference?- I dont think we should go- MV is a great conference/fit .....but geographically...... i wonder if it will be 'entertained'?

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Highly unlikely we go there. But we could be with the top of that conference, we've already beat Weber State, Northern Colorado, and Montana. Oh yeah! and UND, UC Davis, and Cal Poly!:nod:

bisonatrix
11-04-2010, 09:01 PM

even down the road - if the montana schools stay in- which is a big question- are they moving to the 16 team super-conference?- I dont think we should go- MV is a great conference/fit .....but geographically...... i wonder if it will be 'entertained'?

well, here's the problem with the idea of a super conference in FCS:

in FBS they do it for money/TV rights. they want big regional networks in major tv markets like LA, Denver, Dallas, etc. thus you can put together some crazy ass nonsensical looking monster league with the promise of mega tv bucks in return.

now look at the FCS. do you really think you can build and sell some national TV network in markets the size of Grand Forks, Fargo, Missoula, Bozeman, Vermillion, Brookings, or Pocatello?

now there are benefits. i do believe, for football, that a bigger conference ala the CAA can get more consideration for playoff bids. but either way, a 16-team fcs league will have just as many costs as an Fbs league of that size, but with a fraction of the TV revenue.

the only way NDSU or SDSU should go is if the Summit is about to collapse and there are no viable alternatives. clearly I think that might have gone into the BSC's reasoning-destablize the Summit League and, with two footholds in the Dakotas, invite the other two Dakotas to join. USD just screwed that plan.

DjKyRo
11-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Not interested in the BSC - not now, probably not in the future. Montana/MSU are the only schools that compete (EWU is pretty good this year) and their status is hanging by a thread.

bisoneer
11-05-2010, 03:24 AM
Definetly not interested in the move, really this MVC and Summit conference is working out really well, very competitive, no relaxing and makes us tougher and better in the long run.

Bisonguy
11-05-2010, 03:39 AM

The only 'but geographically' is that the Big Sky would be a pain in the butt geographically for NDSU- LINKY (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=34.379713,-98.085937&spn=60.764692,87.714844&z=4&msid=114862317451651337481.00049444448b6a0bf2866)

SamsRams
11-05-2010, 03:47 AM

You could do worse and Lakes has done worse........but just and I mean just barely!!

any and ever offer should be entertained, that is just good business. But the Big Sky is not going to happen. I love the fact that UND is stuck on an island and would be tickeled pink if it got too expensive for them and they drop to D III with Centennary!! Go BISON

IzzyFlexion
11-05-2010, 01:48 PM
But how would we break the news to the Pac 10 that we're declining their invitation?

THE HERD
11-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Why the hell would we even want to go to the BSC?? As long as the Summit remains on solid ground, the BSC has nothing to offer us other than increased travel costs. Who knows down the road if the BBall program is successful enough maybe we could get all our sports into the MVC, which would be the ultimate.

Tatanka
11-05-2010, 02:23 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/persistent-fail.jpg

Bisonfan1
11-05-2010, 02:24 PM
UND will go broke with travel costs and wont have any extra $ to put back into the programs. Big Gay Sky shunned us once, screw them.

dmksioux
11-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Don't know why you would...you've got a good thing going as is. If you ever wanted to move the Big Sky, now would be your chance though.

KC Bison
11-06-2010, 04:35 PM
I could see us using the threat to move the Big Fluffy as leverage to get full membership into the MVC but I would never want to move to the world-tour conference.

devin45k
11-07-2010, 01:58 AM
I wanted to be in the Big Sky back in the day. I dont anymore though. I wouldnt want to be in a conference that would want UND to be in it