PDA

View Full Version : USD expected to join Missouri Valley football, stay in Summit

Da_Bison
11-04-2010, 05:23 AM
http://www.argusleader.com/article/20101103/UPDATES/101103040

as usual, sucks to be a Sioux fan, left behind, if this all pans out

opps....sorry for the double post, didn't see it in the football forum

EndZoneQB
11-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I just want to point out, I said last week sometime it would be worth it for USD to think about the decision before jumping at the opportunity. I was told, when invited, you HAVE to take it. Looks like I had some sense in this after all.(Don't bring up inside information, that is ALL wrong and I am RIGHT!!!!) :)

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just made my week.

BTW, there are like 3 threads already on most of this, but I think this might be first "announcement" thread.

runtheoption
11-04-2010, 06:29 PM
http://www.argusleader.com/article/20101104/UPDATES/101104029

Official announcement

Answer Guy
11-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Horse's mouth (or some part of the horse, depending on who you ask :p )

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/news/release.asp?release_id=6016

bisonranch
11-04-2010, 11:37 PM
I think the Sioux are back knocking on our conference door in a few years after their budget is depleted from travel expenses. Just had a feeling BSC wouldn't work for USD, they just don't have the financials to take that kind of hit, with the buyout and travel.

Bison"FANatic"
11-05-2010, 12:24 AM
I don't think it will take that long. I bet the big sky is rethinking it right now and will offer them a football only membership as to limit the rest of the conferences travel expenses as it is now a one team outlier instead of a two team roadtrip. Douple may be getting a call. But as somebody said earlier I may be on something.:D :D

NDSU1980
11-05-2010, 12:46 AM
I don't think it will take that long. I bet the big sky is rethinking it right now and will offer them a football only membership as to limit the rest of the conferences travel expenses as it is now a one team outlier instead of a two team roadtrip. Douple may be getting a call. But as somebody said earlier I may be on something.:D :D

I think that ship has sailed for UND. With all the negative junk UND has said about Douple and the Summit I can't imagine them getting an invite. I even read over on The SS that Faison took a couple of cheap shots at Douple on Monday when he announced they were going to the BSC in all sports.

EagleBison
11-05-2010, 01:04 AM
I think the Sioux are back knocking on our conference door in a few years after their budget is depleted from travel expenses. Just had a feeling BSC wouldn't work for USD, they just don't have the financials to take that kind of hit, with the buyout and travel.

They have a hockey fund hidden in a vault beneath the Ralph. :p

NDSUstudent
02-16-2011, 04:40 PM
SDSU-USD will meet on November 17th, 2012 in Brookings, that should be interesting.

Also saw in the Argus that in 2012 USD won't play SIU, SDSU won't play Ill State. I wonder if that means NDSU won't be playing Indiana State, who was the other MVFC team that supposedly complained about adding USD due to travel cost issues.

JSUBison
02-16-2011, 07:50 PM
SDSU-USD will meet on November 17th, 2012 in Brookings, that should be interesting.

Also saw in the Argus that in 2012 USD won't play SIU, SDSU won't play Ill State. I wonder if that means NDSU won't be playing Indiana State, who was the other MVFC team that supposedly complained about adding USD due to travel cost issues.

Youngstown I think.