PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs. SDSU Nov. 14th Chicago Watch Party

G-city Bison Fan
11-01-2010, 11:45 PM
So it is on.

Ravenswood Pub 5455 N Ravenswood Ave, Chicago, IL

It is kinda a smallish neighborhood bar, but they should have a good spot for us, a side room with big screens and a pool table and plenty of room for booze and food.

It is pretty close to the Metra Northline Ravenswood stop as well as stops on both the Brown and Red lines.

An email will be going out soon. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. If this bar works out well we might make this a more regular meeting place for NDSU events. If not we can keep looking.

http://ravenswoodpubchicago.com/

TbonZach
11-01-2010, 11:58 PM
You might be there all alone - the game is on Nov. 13. ;)

G-city Bison Fan
11-02-2010, 02:44 PM
I guess I will just have to go and drink both days :)

BisonAccountant44
11-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Awesome. Hopefully there is a good turnout. I'd love to go but I lost that battle with my gf so I'll be out of town for a wedding that day:banghead: :banghead:

G-city Bison Fan
11-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Awesome. Hopefully there is a good turnout. I'd love to go but I lost that battle with my gf so I'll be out of town for a wedding that day:banghead: :banghead:

Sad story. Hopefully there will be many more following this one.

IzzyFlexion
11-04-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm really bummed to say that I can't make it up there. I've gotta watch my little guy all day.:(

TransAmBison
11-04-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm really bummed to say that I can't make it up there. I've gotta watch my little guy all day.:(
hehehehehehehehehehehehehe. I'll leave it at that.:D

Tatanka
11-04-2010, 01:49 PM

Beat me to it. :rofl:

Bison bison
11-04-2010, 03:01 PM

she better have some intangible qualities.

[edit] forget that, she better be rich.

IzzyFlexion
11-05-2010, 02:05 PM

HA!.....Joke's on you!
I do not and will not ever own a mirror.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tvsquad.com/media/2006/09/nakedpeter.jpg

TransAmBison
11-05-2010, 02:08 PM
HA!.....Joke's on you!
I do not and will not ever own a mirror.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tvsquad.com/media/2006/09/nakedpeter.jpg

I guess I don't really care if you "own" a mirror. Seriously dude...you might want to think about checking into Prairie. If you don't get help there, please get help somewhere. :D

IzzyFlexion
11-05-2010, 02:10 PM
I guess I don't really care if you "own" a mirror. Seriously dude...you might want to think about checking into Prairie. If you don't get help there, please get help somewhere. :D

I'll ask my shrink if my insurance plan will cover a transfer.

TransAmBison
11-05-2010, 02:12 PM
I'll ask my shrink if my insurance plan will cover a transfer.
Now you call him your "shrink"? :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: There are pills for that...check with Tatanka, he might have some extra. :D

IzzyFlexion
11-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Now you call him your "shrink"? :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: There are pills for that...check with Tatanka, he might have some extra. :D

I was in the pool!!!!
http://www.littlegreenfootballs2.com/wp-content/uploads/shrinkage-poster1.jpg

G-city Bison Fan
11-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Probably going to bump this a few times over the course of next week. Already got a few RSVP's from the locals, looking for hopefully 20-50 and hopefully this bar works out so we can make this a regular thing for games next year.

Also hoping to establish a nice base of people so we can do other "activities" little NDSU get togethers and some blues bars or whatever would be kinda nice.

For the locals I was counting on making it (BA and Izzy looking at you) you are officially at least 10 drinks behind and will need to make it up next time.

BlueBisonRock
11-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Probably going to bump this a few times over the course of next week. Already got a few RSVP's from the locals, looking for hopefully 20-50 and hopefully this bar works out so we can make this a regular thing for games next year.

Also hoping to establish a nice base of people so we can do other "activities" little NDSU get togethers and some blues bars or whatever would be kinda nice.

For the locals I was counting on making it (BA and Izzy looking at you) you are officially at least 10 drinks behind and will need to make it up next time.

Izzy can always bring the little guy with.

G-city Bison Fan
11-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Bump.

Just got the shipment from the alumni association for the game. Looks like we got some NDSU pom poms for the little ones and some table top things. Excited to do this. Nice to be able to see these games on television and get some organization going.

rabidrabbit
11-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Any interest in sharing the experience with Rabbit fans?

In coordination with the NDSU & SDSU Alumni associations, I and a NDSU backer set this up for Atlanta area folks in 2008 - had about 20 of each, it was fun and if I was still in ATL, I'd be setting up another.

If interested, add to SDSUfans.com/board, or I'll share this link.

G-city Bison Fan
11-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Any interest in sharing the experience with Rabbit fans?

In coordination with the NDSU & SDSU Alumni associations, I and a NDSU backer set this up for Atlanta area folks in 2008 - had about 20 of each, it was fun and if I was still in ATL, I'd be setting up another.

If interested, add to SDSUfans.com/board, or I'll share this link.

I don't mind at all if a few Rabbits trickle in you are more than welcome to share. The place will be NDSU decorated and stuff but the more the merrier.

Just looking for a good place, to have a good time and watch an important football game. And really there hasn't been a real active organized NDSU alumni group in Chicago, and I think that is sorta a shame so hopefully this can be the start of working toward that goal.

BlueBisonRock
11-10-2010, 07:17 PM
I don't mind at all if a few Rabbits trickle in you are more than welcome to share. The place will be NDSU decorated and stuff but the more the merrier.

Just looking for a good place, to have a good time and watch an important football game. And really there hasn't been a real active organized NDSU alumni group in Chicago, and I think that is sorta a shame so hopefully this can be the start of working toward that goal.

Back in the DII day, the Rochester NDSU watch party did include the Suzies at the rivalry game. Had some good times and bad memories. There was a strong NDSU decoration tone, but the Suzies did bring some decorations of their own. The Bunnies have got to be a step or two up from the Suzies.

G-city Bison Fan
11-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Back in the DII day, the Rochester NDSU watch party did include the Suzies at the rivalry game. Had some good times and bad memories. There was a strong NDSU decoration tone, but the Suzies did bring some decorations of their own. The Bunnies have got to be a step or two up from the Suzies.

I agree. I also forgot to mention, an email was sent to the Milwaukee alumni as well. It's an 1.5 hr drive, makeable for those who want to. The reason that I had the alumni association send it to Milwaukee is because I ran into some very excited NDSU alumni last Saturday night so I wanted to make sure they got the message.

G-city Bison Fan
11-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Just want to put an update out about the party. It was quite successful, we had one family of a current starter on defense, a Hall of Fame QB from the 50's, and a few alums one of which currently works for the Chicago Bears.

It was 50/50 on if Bob Babich was going to show up, he was invited, didn't make it though. I am hoping he comes next time. :)

BisonAccountant44
11-16-2010, 03:17 AM
That's awesome! I'm still bummed I had to miss it. I'll just have to make it up for the next one. How many showed up?

IndyBison
11-16-2010, 03:35 AM
The alumni association does great with these. I used to organize the Indy events when we played the Sioux. The only issue was the satellite services they used were not always available at all locations which created last minute changes or broadcasts with picture but no sound. We combined our activities with the UND alumni association and would get over 100 people. We always had much better gifts and decorations than UND.

G-city Bison Fan
11-16-2010, 05:09 AM
That's awesome! I'm still bummed I had to miss it. I'll just have to make it up for the next one. How many showed up?

We had about 16 I think. Not a bad showing for the first time. Hoping for more once we get some organization behind it.

The list I got showed some 500+ alumni in the area.

BisonAccountant44
11-16-2010, 03:26 PM
We had about 16 I think. Not a bad showing for the first time. Hoping for more once we get some organization behind it.

The list I got showed some 500+ alumni in the area.

Not a bad first effort. Hopefully we'll have an opportunity for round 2 with a playoff game.

BisonAccountant44
11-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Next weekend, let's make it happen. Just tell me what to do.

G-city Bison Fan
11-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Next weekend, let's make it happen. Just tell me what to do.

BA.

I am not going to make it. I will be in Minneapolis. I will send you a pm with some people to email and call and hopefully you can get some people together.

chuckles
12-01-2010, 03:49 AM
chirp, chirp

Anything more on this? As much as I would love to crush the longest drive to Bozeman (1427 miles one way) it won't be happening. Go ahead and add me to the list of "Needs to get priorities straight", I'm cool with it. If there are any Bison around central Illinois or the St. Louis area that would like to catch the game, lets possibly try and do something!

G-city Bison Fan
12-01-2010, 02:44 PM
chuckles,

Beth at the alumni association emailed trying to get something set up. The bar we were at last time doesn't get the altitude network, and as I mentioned I will be out of town.

beth@ndsualumni.com

If you have a place in mind to watch the game, email Beth and have her send out a Chicago alumni email letting her know where. That is really all you need to do, just get as many people in one place.

Hope it works out, wish I could help more.