PDA

View Full Version : I've just seen the most boneheaded.......

IzzyFlexion
10-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Notre Dame down by 1 at home to Tulsa. They are at the Tulsa 19. 3rd and whatever. They have 1 timeout left. About 40 seconds left in the game. What do they do you ask??
Throw the ball into double coverage into the endzone. INTERCEPTION TULSA. Game over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, did I mention that their kicker has an 18 consecutive field goal streak going. Yah, it happens to be the longest consecutive FG record at Notre Dame.

DjKyRo
10-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Will Brian Kelly be a one and done...?

aces1180
Notre Dame down by 1 at home to Tulsa. They are at the Tulsa 19. 3rd and whatever. They have 1 timeout left. About 40 seconds left in the game. What do they do you ask??
Throw the ball into double coverage into the endzone. INTERCEPTION TULSA. Game over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, did I mention that their kicker has an 18 consecutive field goal streak going. Yah, it happens to be the longest consecutive FG record at Notre Dame.

I stood up and cheered! I have a friend who is a huge Irish fan and I love teasing him with they lose.

HandoEX
I have friends that were at this game. Not going to be a joyful trip back to Fargo...:smh:

IzzyFlexion
10-30-2010, 11:31 PM
I stood up and cheered! I have a friend who is a huge Irish fan and I love teasing him with they lose.

I'll go on record and say that although I didn't stand and cheer, I did produce a fairly large maniacal grin when the ball was intercepted. And, while I do not like Notre Dame, I do feel kinda sorry for those players when their forced to sing that God-Awful post game touchy feely song to the fans especially after a loss.

Hammersmith
10-31-2010, 12:32 AM

And weren't they playing a backup QB at the time?

IzzyFlexion
10-31-2010, 12:34 AM
And weren't they playing a backup QB at the time?

Yes. A Freshman!

bisonmike2
11-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Will Brian Kelly be a one and done...?

No, they will give him a huge contract extension then fire him next year.

onbison09
11-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I'll go on record and say that although I didn't stand and cheer, I did produce a fairly large maniacal grin when the ball was intercepted. And, while I do not like Notre Dame, I do feel kinda sorry for those players when their forced to sing that God-Awful post game touchy feely song to the fans especially after a loss.

Our team did that in HS and it SUCKS after you lose. However, it is the sweetest thing ever after you win. Also it's great seeing Notre Dame suck

Bison"FANatic"
11-03-2010, 04:54 PM
I said are you F(*& kidding me. That had to be the stupidest decision he could have made. There was no reason what so ever for that pass. The guy wasn't even sort of coming open for even a split second and even if he was you still don't make that throw.

Trim
11-03-2010, 06:39 PM
In his press conference after the game he said something to the effect, "Well, you better get yourselves used to it, because that's how we're going to do things."

onbison09
11-03-2010, 07:08 PM
In his press conference after the game he said something to the effect, "Well, you better get yourselves used to it, because that's how we're going to do things."

Keep up the great work Coach!

zooropa
11-03-2010, 07:20 PM
That had to be the stupidest decision he could have made.

I can think of an even stupider decision he's made.

bisonmike2
11-03-2010, 07:45 PM
I can think of an even stupider decision he's made.

Hold practice outside on an extremely windy day?:hide:

NorthernBison
11-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Hold practice outside on an extremely windy day?:hide:

That would have been fine. Filming it from a scissor lift was about as irresponsible as it gets.

* I'm having quite a day typing things that are obvious and everybody knows. Sorry.