PDA

View Full Version : Gus Bradley's Bandit Package

overquota
10-30-2010, 05:01 AM
http://mynorthwest.com/category/ap_state/20101029/%27Bandit%27-package-helps-bolster-Seahawks-defense/

I wonder if next year on third down, the Bison will use Gus Bradley's "Bandit Package", as the article states they have reduced third down conversions when using this package. Note: even though they have 3 d lineman in, one of the linebackers lines up as the 4th lineman, I have not yet seen them go with just 3 men on the line.

"The wrinkle Carroll and defensive coordinator Gus Bradley rolled out was the "bandit package," an alignment with three defensive linemen, one linebacker and seven defensive backs.

The Seahawks have been able to get more speed and versatility on the field while still being able to pressure the quarterback. Safety Lawyer Milloy frequently becomes an extra pass rusher while Roy Lewis, Jordan Babineaux and Lofa Tatupu all become possible threats to blitz.

"(The offensive linemen) don't know where to go. They point out the protection and once you get that little small mix-up, then someone is coming scott free," Lewis said. "It's giving the offense a lot of problems and we look forward to having those packages on the field because we've got guys that can cover, pass rush and make tackles.""

1bizon1
10-30-2010, 05:06 AM
Why wait 'til next year?!

sambini
10-30-2010, 05:28 AM
http://mynorthwest.com/category/ap_state/20101029/%27Bandit%27-package-helps-bolster-Seahawks-defense/

I wonder if next year on third down, the Bison will use Gus Bradley's "Bandit Package", as the article states they have reduced third down conversions when using this package. Note: even though they have 3 d lineman in, one of the linebackers lines up as the 4th lineman, I have not yet seen them go with just 3 men on the line.

"The wrinkle Carroll and defensive coordinator Gus Bradley rolled out was the "bandit package," an alignment with three defensive linemen, one linebacker and seven defensive backs.

The Seahawks have been able to get more speed and versatility on the field while still being able to pressure the quarterback. Safety Lawyer Milloy frequently becomes an extra pass rusher while Roy Lewis, Jordan Babineaux and Lofa Tatupu all become possible threats to blitz.

"(The offensive linemen) don't know where to go. They point out the protection and once you get that little small mix-up, then someone is coming scott free," Lewis said. "It's giving the offense a lot of problems and we look forward to having those packages on the field because we've got guys that can cover, pass rush and make tackles.""

Way to go Gus+++

Tatanka
10-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Do we even have seven defensive backs? :hide:

tjbison
10-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Do we even have seven defensive backs? :hide:

LOL, thats the first thing I thought we may have to pull redshirts to stop 3rd down conversions:hide:

overquota
10-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Ha Ha, could be a stretch for this conference. The seven d backs is really a combination of safeties and Dbs.

Lets do it on 3rd down, I am hunger for some QB sack lunches. :hungry:

Thunder_Struck
10-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Aren't safety's considered DB's?

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Aren't safety's considered DB's?

Yes they are! CONGRATULATIONS:D

westnodak93bison
11-03-2010, 04:48 AM
What could it hurt to try it?

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-05-2010, 12:01 AM
If we want to try this "Bandit" defense, we will have to recruit more DB's and give them a lot more reps in practice. I think we can pull it off because we have a young defensive line. Still i wouldn't want to pull off Jennings or Evans off as the Bandit package only has 1 linebacker in it. They are both so explosive!

CAS4127
11-05-2010, 04:59 PM
We need to be able to execute properly our base defenses b/4 moving on to more complex ones--just sayin. Plus, our two worst defeats this year (UNI and WIU) resulted from attempting to defend a physical running game more so than passing--again, just sayin.