PDA

View Full Version : Death at Notre Dame

Hammersmith
10-28-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm sorry if this was posted somewhere else on the board, but I haven't had time to do anything more since getting home than read thread titles.

I'm sure most of you have heard about the student assistant that was killed yesterday during ND's football practice. He was filming the practice from the top of a scissor lift in high winds when a gust knocked it over. We use many devices like those in the marching band world, and a large part of me wants numerous ND staff members brought up on negligent homicide charges over this(or the Indiana equivalent). I cannot believe how idiotic they were to send someone up in one of those things in high winds. Actually, what I'd really like to do is shove a 40ft flagpole up Brian Kelley's ass and hoist him up in a lighting storm. I hope ND's insurance is paid up, because I don't think Touchdown Jesus is going to be able to cover the bill once the lawsuits are done, and OSHA has taken a chunk out of their asses. On that note, I'm reminded of a quote that got a drunk Dana Jacobs in trouble.

tjbison
10-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Yeah a huge lack of judgement by someone, winds were 50mph plus sad deal that could have been avoided with some common sense

EndZoneQB
10-28-2010, 10:36 PM
The company has already said it was only designed for a max of 28mph. Sad deal...especially hearing the kids tweet.

WRSDBison
10-29-2010, 12:24 AM
The company has already said it was only designed for a max of 28mph. Sad deal...especially hearing the kids tweet.

What was the kids tweet?

On a side note, I'm a huge Notre Dame fan. But this was totally unacceptable. There needs to be (and will be) criminal charges against the school for their negligence.

56BISON73
10-29-2010, 12:26 AM
This hasnt been mentioned yet. If the kid had time to tweet a couple of times and was terrifired why didnt he come down?

Hammersmith
10-29-2010, 12:36 AM
What was the kids tweet?

On a side note, I'm a huge Notre Dame fan. But this was totally unacceptable. There needs to be (and will be) criminal charges against the school for their negligence.

The first one was 90min before the crash:

"Gusts of wind up to 60mph, well today will be fun at work ... I guess I've lived long enough,"

Then 30-40min before the crash:

"holy fuck holy fuck this is terrifying,"

onbison09
10-29-2010, 02:15 AM
Very, very, very, sad deal.

SlickVic
10-29-2010, 06:22 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/notre-dame-must-fire-brian-kelly-over-student-death-102910

WRSDBison
10-29-2010, 09:38 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/notre-dame-must-fire-brian-kelly-over-student-death-102910

Jason Whitlock is a complete disgrace to journalists everywhere. He is NOTORIOUS for the phrase, "let the investigation play itself out." He has had a vandetta for ND since they fired Tyrone Willingham. He cried "racism" because ND didn't let him get the normal 5 years. However, he didn't have anything to say when Washington fired him four years later. Now this happens and he says, "We don’t need a thorough and exhaustive investigation to recognize Kelly’s negligence." This statement alone makes him a complete hypocrite.

Do I think it's justified if ND fires Kelly for this? Absolutely I do. However, they need to use the original Whitlock line and "let the investigation play itself out." I wouldn't be surprised to see both Kelly and Swarbrick(AD) fired over this tragedy.

Notorious
10-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Jason Whitlock is a complete disgrace to journalists everywhere. He is NOTORIOUS for the phrase, "let the investigation play itself out." He has had a vandetta for ND since they fired Tyrone Willingham. He cried "racism" because ND didn't let him get the normal 5 years. However, he didn't have anything to say when Washington fired him four years later. Now this happens and he says, "We don’t need a thorough and exhaustive investigation to recognize Kelly’s negligence." This statement alone makes him a complete hypocrite.

Do I think it's justified if ND fires Kelly for this? Absolutely I do. However, they need to use the original Whitlock line and "let the investigation play itself out." I wouldn't be surprised to see both Kelly and Swarbrick(AD) fired over this tragedy.

This post is spot on...I do think one, or both, will be fired.

DjKyRo
10-29-2010, 11:06 PM
It's terrible that no one thought this through and that the student went up there with the attitude of "I feel unsafe doing this." Someone should go to jail for this. Condolences to the family.

sambini
10-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Jason Whitlock is a complete disgrace to journalists everywhere. He is NOTORIOUS for the phrase, "let the investigation play itself out." He has had a vandetta for ND since they fired Tyrone Willingham. He cried "racism" because ND didn't let him get the normal 5 years. or this. However, he didn't have anything to say when Washington fired him four years later. Now this happens and he says, "We don’t need a thorough and exhaustive investigation to recognize Kelly’s negligence." This statement alone makes him a complete hypocrite.

I agree also something has to be done. There is no excuse for this. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Tatanka
10-30-2010, 12:16 AM
What a sad deal.

There's plenty of people who are responsible for this situation. So far only one of them has had to pay the price, and steeply. He won't be the last.

Thoughts and prayers to the family. An entirely preventable tragedy.