PDA

View Full Version : SIU thoughts, predictions, pontifications...

DjKyRo
10-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Beat NDSUStudent to the punch. :D

It's an extra week away, but what are some thoughts on the game?

Myself, I think this will be a challenge - despite their 3-4 record SIU was still picked to finish first and still has talent. We're at home which will be a big advantage (hopefully :() and our team has an extra week to both heal up (apparently Evans is being held together with paper clips and happy thoughts) and to break down film on eight weeks of football.

I think we win it and start the road to the playoffs, 27-20.

Tatanka
10-27-2010, 11:12 PM
I predict a 'stache-out, good tailgating, and a loud front row of section 7. i'm hopeful the Bison defense that beat Kansas shows up. they were fun to watch. bison win a close one. over/under on facepalms: 5

DjKyRo
10-27-2010, 11:30 PM
over/under on facepalms: 5

So you're saying Ming will be in rare form for the tailgate? :D

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-28-2010, 12:14 AM
21-17 Bison

TransAmBison
10-28-2010, 01:33 AM
I predict a 'stache-out, good tailgating, and a loud front row of section 7. i'm hopeful the Bison defense that beat Kansas shows up. they were fun to watch. bison win a close one. over/under on facepalms: 5
The necessary ingredients to make the stache out a NWO stache out have been obtained. That is all.

Tatanka
10-28-2010, 01:36 AM
The necessary ingredients to make the stache out a NWO stache out have been obtained. That is all.

Awesome.

And on my front doorstep this morning was a box containing 750 fake mustaches. It is ON.

Bisonfan1
10-28-2010, 01:40 AM
Awesome.

And on my front doorstep this morning was a box containing 750 fake mustaches. It is ON.

And on the front door step waiting for da staches was Tatanka panting like pavlos dog !!

Tatanka
10-28-2010, 01:43 AM
And on the front door step waiting for da staches was Tatanka panting like pavlos dog !!

Actually, if that was true I would have been inside waiting for the doorbell to ring... oh, the hell with it. Nicely played. :D

ndsubison1
10-28-2010, 01:55 AM
i will make a prediction after this weeks games... stay tuned

Twentysix
10-28-2010, 12:09 PM
I predict that we need to win or a lot of people will be. on the cliff ready to jump. This game should be easier than sdsu.

Notorious
10-28-2010, 12:40 PM
I predict that we need to win or a lot of people will be. on the cliff ready to jump. This game should be easier than sdsu.

jump??...on the cliff ready to "push"...

Bizons - 21
Puppies - 13

THEsocalledfan
10-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Awesome.

Tatanka, what would you do if Lennon shows up and he has shaved it off?

Scooter1
10-28-2010, 01:18 PM

Give him a mustachio, of course! :p

Capn_Cat
10-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Hounds 44
Prairie Poopers 13

TransAmBison
10-28-2010, 01:36 PM
No razor can cut it. Chainsaws would break. Lennon is merely a parasite that clings to the 'stache so he may live.

Tatanka
10-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Tatanka, what would you do if Lennon shows up and he has shaved it off?Well, first I would attempt to locate the stache's new symbient host. it cannot survive on its own as it needs to feed on the soup, coffee, crumbs and other drippings from its host organism. I mean, come on dude, we know as fact that it is Dale's stache and not Dale himself that is the elite football mind and excellent coach. why would he attempt to break up a long standing mutually beneficial relationship by shaving before the game? exactly. he wouldn't.

anyway assuming the preposterous (your main premise) once I found the new host organism I would attept to reason with the stache as it will likely be pissed off and a little weak from malnutrition. I would give the host several bowls of soup, which would both feed the stache and slow down the host organism. oh did I mention I would add a strong laxative to the soup? that might be an important detail. anyway, with the new host preoccupied the stache can't coach as effectively. SIU players will naturally turn to the nearest stache for direction and guidance. with so many staches in the stands telling them so many different things they'll be lost and confused, virtually ensuring a bison victory.

Next question.

DePereBisonFan
10-28-2010, 02:27 PM
It's been torture watching the Bison get penalized so frequently; it hasn't been corrected by now therefore it won't be corrected this season. I hope we win but I can see us getting flagged 15 times for 120 yards which will be a big reason that we end up losing 24-16. :banghead: :banghead:

Tatanka
10-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Hounds 44
Prairie Poopers 13

Excellent! Thanks Cappy!

CAS4127
10-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Hounds 44
Prairie Poopers 13

Thank you for that in-depth analysis--spent alot of time on that did ya?

By twentysix:
This game should be easier than sdsu. So both games are going to be easy, with this one just being "easier"?

I'm with Ming, I will wait until next week b/4 making my prediction. I need to study-up like Cap'n Cat did, but just don't have time right now, and, I want all the "film" before I do.

bisonmike2
10-28-2010, 05:58 PM
let's get my negative prediction out of the way so they can prove me wrong next week.

SIU - 31
NDSU - 17

onbison09
10-28-2010, 06:26 PM
No razor can cut it. Chainsaws would break. Lennon is merely a parasite that clings to the 'stache so he may live.

You would need one of those blades made from diamonds and I'm not talking just one. You would need multiple ones.

SDbison
10-28-2010, 06:55 PM
I don't know how the game is going to come out (nor do I want to guess), but I do know I will wear the mustasche!
I am going to tailgate like there is no tomorrow and pray to God this Bison team will turn the corner and finally put it all together.

P.S: If the Bison lose doing the same stupid things this fan is going to go ballistic. If you think I have been a loose cannon on Bisonville to date you do not want to witness what is going to happen after another bad loss. I will create the NEGATIVITY RULES thread and I am sure there will be plenty of well deserved bashing of the Bison coaches and football program there!

CAS4127
10-28-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't know how the game is going to come out (nor do I want to guess), but I do know I will wear the mustasche!
I am going to tailgate like there is no tomorrow and pray to God this Bison team will turn the corner and finally put it all together.

P.S: If the Bison lose doing the same stupid things this fan is going to go ballistic. If you think I have been a loose cannon on Bisonville to date you do not want to witness what is going to happen after another bad loss. I will create the NEGATIVITY RULES thread and I am sure there will be plenty of well deserved bashing of the Bison coaches and football program there!

Heads up, Tony!!!!

By SD:
I am going to tailgate like there is no tomorrow. You mean it gets worse?!!

HandoEX
10-28-2010, 08:17 PM
NDSU 20
SIU 13

We play well against SIU and the week off to get healthy makes a big difference!

DjKyRo
10-28-2010, 08:23 PM
NDSU 20
SIU 13

We play well against SIU and the week off to get healthy makes a big difference!

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/rightonguysp1.gif

Scooter1
10-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Although I am happy that Danilkowicz is doing well, I can't help but feel a little dissappointed that NDSU spent over two years helping him rehab his knee only to have him transfer and become a starting guard for a rival school. :banghead:

Anyone know why Chris Dieker didn't play the first half of the SDSU game?

Da_Bison
10-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Although I am happy that Danilkowicz is doing well, I can't help but feel a little dissappointed that NDSU spent over two years helping him rehab his knee only to have him transfer and become a starting guard for a rival school. :banghead:

This is gonna be an ass whoppin, if we don't win by at least 14 we do no belong anywhere near the playoffs. This will be the easiest of the 3 remaining games. SIU has major injuries to there D.

Inconsistent Guys 34
lil skinny puppies 10

99Bison
10-28-2010, 09:51 PM

Awesome!! Maybe a negativity rules website will in be order... or required.:D

TransAmBison
10-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Awesome!! Maybe a negativity rules website will in be order... or required.:D
Let's hope it doesn't come to that. The 'stache out will work!

99Bison
10-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Let's hope it doesn't come to that. The 'stache out will work!

I guess we know the consolation prize then!

X-Factor
10-28-2010, 11:52 PM
SIU's secondary is completely dismembered. Unfortunately, I don't think we have the personnel to take advantage of it.

TransAmBison
10-29-2010, 01:20 AM
SIU's secondary is completely dismembered. Unfortunately, I don't think we have the personnel to take advantage of it.
That made for quite the comical picture in my mind.:D Maybe a bit sick and Dawn of the Dead-ish...but quite comical.

HandoEX
10-29-2010, 02:19 AM

I beleive it is because he has been mostly terrible. Although his stats for the previous game (UNI) were pretty good.

For those saying SIU will be the easiest win, they did just beat the conference leader the game before their last. They can still be really good.

rutlandbison
10-29-2010, 02:59 AM

And if we win doing these same stupid things? Also, what stupid things are you talking about and which coaches will you be bashing?

bisonatrix
10-29-2010, 08:08 AM
ah so Dale Lennon brings his SIOUXlukis back to town and back to the site of NDSU's biggest win since becoming playoff eligible (save maybe beating that garbage KU team this year). Bet nobody will boo him at all :)

On the surface, winnable game. SIU is down and not a playoff factor win or lose.

HOWEVA

They've found ways to beat us. In Carbondale twice. Even in 08-who knows what happens if Shultenover had come off his high and made a miracle catch. Simply put, they seem to bust us in the mouth and many a time we dont have an answer when it counts.

I think we win 27-26 to set up a playoff elimination (for the right to go to the playoffs that is) game next week with the bunnies. But I would not at all be shocked if SIU punks us ala WIU. This Bison team is either vanilla soft or hard as a rock.

Scooter1
10-29-2010, 01:49 PM
ah so Dale Lennon brings his SIOUXlukis back to town and back to the site of NDSU's biggest win since becoming playoff eligible (save maybe beating that garbage KU team this year). Bet nobody will boo him at all :)

On the surface, winnable game. SIU is down and not a playoff factor win or lose.

HOWEVA

They've found ways to beat us. In Carbondale twice. Even in 08-who knows what happens if Shultenover had come off his high and made a miracle catch. Simply put, they seem to bust us in the mouth and many a time we dont have an answer when it counts.

I think we win 27-26 to set up a playoff elimination (for the right to go to the playoffs that is) game next week with the bunnies. But I would not at all be shocked if SIU punks us ala WIU. This Bison team is either vanilla soft or hard as a rock.
Interresting take...

I look at this a little differently. The first game we lost 9-0 and lost Walker. The second game, we were actually up 35-21 because they smacked us in the mouth but didn't have an answer when we hit back.

looking at some of the games SIU has played, you will find that SIU comes out with attitude then backs off when the other team smacks them in the mouth. This is a very beatable SIU team.

Sept 18 - SIU is up 21-3 in the third quarter. SE Mo. smacks them in the mouth and come back to win 24-21. SIU doesn't score another point.

Sept 25 - SIU is up 14-0 then get steam rolled.

Oct 9th - SIU is up 31-14 at half then get smacked in the mouth and doesn't score again until the final drive of the second half to send it into overtime. Outscored 24-7 in second half.

October 16th - SIU plays a strong first quarter against SDSU then give up a long interception for a TD to go down 7-0. It snowballs to 31-3 before they score a ho hum TD to make it 31-10.

Answer Guy
10-29-2010, 02:42 PM

He was benched for violating team rules.

(One of Jerry Kill's recruits :nod: )

bisonatrix
10-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Interresting take...

I look at this a little differently. The first game we lost 9-0 and lost Walker. The second game, we were actually up 35-21 because they smacked us in the mouth but didn't have an answer when we hit back.

looking at some of the games SIU has played, you will find that SIU comes out with attitude then backs off when the other team smacks them in the mouth. This is a very beatable SIU team.

Sept 18 - SIU is up 21-3 in the third quarter. SE Mo. smacks them in the mouth and come back to win 24-21. SIU doesn't score another point.

Sept 25 - SIU is up 14-0 then get steam rolled.

Oct 9th - SIU is up 31-14 at half then get smacked in the mouth and doesn't score again until the final drive of the second half to send it into overtime. Outscored 24-7 in second half.

October 16th - SIU plays a strong first quarter against SDSU then give up a long interception for a TD to go down 7-0. It snowballs to 31-3 before they score a ho hum TD to make it 31-10.

I'm not saying SIU is that tough, but against us they seem to be.

And what about last year? We had a shot in that game and couldnt finish. You look at the last three meetings and we're always in it, but they seem to be a bit tougher and more physical (and again, lets not act like we owned them in 08, if that Schultenover play doesnt happen who knows where that game goes).

This is less on SIU and more on NDSU. they havent proven to me that they have the mettle to be a playoff team. they have flashes, but then they have the WIU/Ill. State type games. time to figure out who they are.

Tatanka
10-29-2010, 08:14 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/beatSIU.jpg

Go BISON.

BisoninNWMN
10-31-2010, 01:08 PM

I disagree.

If the coaches put the right game plan together we do.

SIU is going to stack the line like everyone else to stop the run. Jose needs to be on his game and not make bone-headed mistakes for us to win.

If the defense steps up we win this fairly easily IMO.

GO BISON

bisonfan11
10-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Ndsu-24
Siu-21

NDSUstudent
10-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Ndsu 31
Siu 13

I think this is the first game we take the lead early and control the game. Our defense is improving and the rams are really starting to open holes for DJ and company. Jose will have an efficient game against an SIU team with a depleted secondary.

HerdBot
10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Beat NDSUStudent to the punch. :D

It's an extra week away, but what are some thoughts on the game?

Myself, I think this will be a challenge - despite their 3-4 record SIU was still picked to finish first and still has talent. We're at home which will be a big advantage (hopefully :() and our team has an extra week to both heal up (apparently Evans is being held together with paper clips and happy thoughts) and to break down film on eight weeks of football.

I think we win it and start the road to the playoffs, 27-20.

If we play well we should win the game by a TD, possibly 10 points. We are the better team this year. But like any Valley game... on any given Saturday...

Bisonguy
11-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Well, I picked the Penguins over the Bison, and the Bison win. I didn't pick for the Redbirds and the Bison lose. I picked the Sycamores over the Bison, and the Bison win.

So, Salukidogs by 11. :bow:

ndsubison1
11-01-2010, 01:40 AM
NDSU 31
Puppy dogs 28

TheBisonator
11-01-2010, 04:28 AM
I don't have to worry about picking for or against the Bison, since I've picked them to win over YSU and they won, and over ISU red, but they lost.

Anyway, I think this will be a high scoring affair. Our defense will give up some points, but here's the thing: SIU may have the most pathetic defense we've faced this year. Yes, worse than Illinois State.

This game will be a lot like the Ill State game as far as game tempo, except home-field advantage comes into play for the Bison, and there will be much less mistakes made by NDSU. Mohler won't mess up this time, save for maybe one INT or one fumble at the very most. I don't see the Bison turning the ball over more than once in this one.

Salukis 31
Bison 38

SDbison
11-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Bison 31 - Dogs 13
Bison finally pull their heads out of their a$$es and start playing some football. Mohler audibles out of the coaches stupid predictable calls and the Bison move the ball at will. Since the offense is working so well the defense is not as worn down and holds the dogbreath to only 13.
If the Bison barely win this game there will be no playoffs as SDSU will come in to play spoiler the next week and finish off this leaderless team. Then the implosion will be complete when upstart Missouri State lives up to Bohl glorifying everybody on their team and sends the Bison packing with an L to finish another disappointing season.
This scenario doesn't have to happen if the Bison start playing like the Bison should be able to play. They are at home and need to step up their focus and desire to kick the living crap out of the visitors so they fear coming back to play in Fargo. This has not happened in a long time.

semobison
11-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Can we play our first complete game of the year? If so, I think we win by 10-17 points. If we play the way we have in previous conference games, putting together a good quarter or two and falling a sleep the rest of the game, it will be close, and a loss is very possible!

CarringtonBison
11-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Bison 24
SIU 23

TransAmBison
11-02-2010, 04:19 PM
don't know why, but I just got a feeling that the Bison are going to win this one. Bohl will have the team ready and they will do enough to win it. I got this gut feeling leading up to the Kansas game...and I'm trusting it. Having the bye week makes me a bit nervous...I don't think we ever play the best after a bye week. I'm guessing we will start out slow offensively, but I am hoping for an aggresive defense that attacks the ball. A turnover in the 1st quarter, perhaps...

We shall at the very least cancel out the powers of Teh 'Stache with our 'Stache Out 2010. ARE YOU 'STACH-IN??????????????? Whatcha gonna do when the 'staches run wild on you??!!*

*Errrr...that didn't sound so wrong in my head when I initially thought it.**
**Have at it Tatanka***
***With his wife's help and about 4 hours, CAS might come up with something funny too.:D

Tatanka
11-02-2010, 04:56 PM
don't know why, but I just got a feeling that the Bison are going to win this one. Bohl will have the team ready and they will do enough to win it. I got this gut feeling leading up to the Kansas game...and I'm trusting it. Having the bye week makes me a bit nervous...I don't think we ever play the best after a bye week. I'm guessing we will start out slow offensively, but I am hoping for an aggresive defense that attacks the ball. A turnover in the 1st quarter, perhaps...

We shall at the very least cancel out the powers of Teh 'Stache with our 'Stache Out 2010. ARE YOU 'STACH-IN??????????????? Whatcha gonna do when the 'staches run wild on you??!!*

*Errrr...that didn't sound so wrong in my head when I initially thought it.**
**Have at it Tatanka***
***With his wife's help and about 4 hours, CAS might come up with something funny too.:D

The 'Stache is already in fear. It thinks it knows what it's running into. It has no idea.

EagleBison
11-03-2010, 03:11 PM
If the penalties are kept in check, Bison blowout, otherwise closer than it should be.

aces1180
11-03-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm fired up for this game!

Bison 42
SIU 41

Scooter1
11-04-2010, 03:18 PM
1. There is a stat that some have brought up, that being third down conversions. SIU is allowing 51% of all 3rd down conversions this season.

2. SIU has given up 120 points in the last three games.

3. This will be SIU's second road game in a row and the defense looks beat up.

4. At 3-5 SIU has lost the intimidaton factor that it used to have.

5. Seriously, 51 points to MSU?

6. Matt Anderson, Matt Veldman, and Lee Vandal are back.

The key to this game will be smacking SIU in the jaw early. If this happens, look for a 11 point win for the Bison.

NDSU 38 SIU 27

missingnumber7
11-04-2010, 05:16 PM
1. There is a stat that some have brought up, that being third down conversions. SIU is allowing 51% of all 3rd down conversions this season.

The key to this game will be smacking SIU in the jaw early and often. If this happens, look for a 11 point win for the Bison.

NDSU 38 SIU 27

They need to hit them hard knock them down and then go all playground on them and kick them while they are down.

99Bison
11-04-2010, 05:35 PM

The key to this game will be smacking SIU in the jaw early. If this happens, look for a 11 point win for the Bison.

NDSU 38 SIU 27

"The key to this game will be smacking SIU in the jaw early."

That's not a good key for us :):smh: :D

bisonatrix
11-04-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm upping my prediction to 31-17. SIU appears to have thrown in the towel. NO EXCUSE for the Bison not to win this game.

bisonatrix
11-04-2010, 08:46 PM
They need to hit them hard knock them down and then go all playground on them and kick them while they are down.

that's my only fear is that NDSU seems to be a slow starter (EG-USD, WIU, ISU). Most of the time they finish strong though. this is an SIU team that just seems to become more of a trainwreck each week. we SHOULD be able to take care of business early and often. if not, and we lose, then we shouldnt bitch about playoffs because this is the type of game a playoff team wins without hesitation.

BisoninNWMN
11-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Added week of rest will definitely help the Bison.

SIU is beat up defensively.

Bison win by 2 TDs......or more.

NDSU1980
11-05-2010, 02:29 AM
Bison 41
The Stache 31

bisoneer
11-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Ok, the Bison come out of the box slow again and trail 17-13 at the half, then to start the second half Lee Vandal gets 6 on a 8 yard dive play with Mohler running the veer option since the 2nd qrt. as Bohl is giving Lennon the deja vu. The Bison D then gets a pick 6 after the dogs qb throws a late down and out on 3rd n 7 from thier 48 so the HERD now leads it by 27-17... On the ensuing kickoff the herd pulls a surprise onside kick and get the ball at the Saluki 49 with DJ running it in 6 plays later on a 3rd n 9 pitch play from Mohler who is now running a wishbone offense with no huddle... the crowd goes crazy as the scoreboard is now 34-13 and Scott Miller is doing the 'MY O MY'... In the 4th qrt the savvy Lennon teams gets within 34 -30, but with less than 2 minutes remaining Mohler leads the team to the 10 yard line with a 30 yard run by Voitlander and after running the clock down to 47 seconds left we go for it on 4 n less than a yard vs. risking a blocked FG, we then survive 2 hail marys from the 50 and win it 34-30, whew... Pandamonia!!!! (finally we cant hear ourselves think in the dome...) Bison fans head to the restaurants & bars ready for bear...

4mcruenomore
11-05-2010, 03:02 AM
We just really, really have to win, that's all I can say.

bisoneer
11-05-2010, 03:19 AM
After the win, Ms. North Dakota is taking pictures with happy Bison fans... back in the tailgating party area...

CAS4127
11-05-2010, 04:25 PM
I have completed my analysis of this game, and the result is not good. We will lose this game, but will have our chances. SIU will out play us in first half, and we will be playing "catchup" in second half while they put ball back in the bag and attempt to eat up time, unless Lennon sees even more weaknesses in our D. Sorry about this guys, but it just does not look good. I will go SIU 28 - Bison 24, and 24 comes too late in game for us. Watch for screens and draws from SIU, especially in the redzone. Lennon knows how to attack the Tampa 2/4-3 defense, and his defense plays very good fundamental football!

See you at tailgaiting nonetheless!!

TransAmBison
11-05-2010, 04:40 PM
I have completed my analysis of this game, and the result is not good. We will lose this game, but will have our chances. SIU will out play us in first half, and we will be playing "catchup" in second half while they put ball back in the bag and attempt to eat up time, unless Lennon sees even more weaknesses in our D. Sorry about this guys, but it just does not look good. I will go SIU 28 - Bison 24, and 24 comes too late in game for us. Watch for screens and draws from SIU, especially in the redzone. Lennon knows how to attack the Tampa 2/4-3 defense, and his defense plays very good fundamental football!

See you at tailgaiting nonetheless!!
What? You shall indeed be tailgating? Crap! Maybe he won't recognize us when we are all 'stached out! :hide: :D

Scooter1
11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
SIU is 1 and 3 on the road. We have them at home and they just gave up 51 points to Missouri State. Hell, their opponent third down rate is over 50%. This SIU team has stormed out ahead on many occasions only to have their ass handed to them later in the game; good teams don't do this. This is an very average SIU team and I wish people would stop treating them like they are 8-0.

Bison win this one at home.

HandoEX
11-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Bison win big. 31-13!

Bisonwinagn
11-05-2010, 08:25 PM
SIU is 1 and 3 on the road. We have them at home and they just gave up 51 points to Missouri State. Hell, their opponent third down rate is over 50%. This SIU team has stormed out ahead on many occasions only to have their ass handed to them later in the game; good teams don't do this. This is an very average SIU team and I wish people would stop treating them like they are 8-0.

I hope your right.....but the Bison are an average team as well. If you don't remember Illinois State gave up 59 points the week before we played them and we lost to a team that was playing 7 freshman and 4 Sophomores on defense, not to mention one of there offensive players was moved to defense for that game. Granted I think our Defense will be healthier and improved and we will have the chance to move from average to good over the next few weeks, but until they prove it on the field we can't assume the Bison are better than SIU. :)

DjKyRo
11-05-2010, 08:40 PM
I hope your right.....but the Bison are an average team as well. If you don't remember Illinois State gave up 59 points the week before we played them and we lost to a team that was playing 7 freshman and 4 Sophomores on defense, not to mention one of there offensive players was moved to defense for that game. Granted I think our Defense will be healthier and improved and we will have the chance to move from average to good over the next few weeks, but until they prove it on the field we can't assume the Bison are better than SIU. :)

Correction - you can't assume the Bison are better than SIU.

Scooter1
11-05-2010, 10:15 PM

God, are you full of shit. :smh:

From the NDSU / Illinois State game stats sheet...

Starting defense (4 SR, 3 JR, 2 SO, 2 FR)

93 Harris (FR) 2 tackles
55 Brunner (JR)4 tackles
62 Piton (SR) 3 tackles
94 Broome (SO) 2 tackles
31 Gordon (JR) 4 tackles
34 Howe (JR) 7 tackles
23 Davis (SO) 8 tackles
20 Givens (FR) 2 tackles
18 Flowers(SR) 5 tackles
24 Hemphill (SR) 8 tackles
2 Jones (SR) 3 tackles

Further, only 1 underclassmen had more than 2 tackles (sophomore Davis with 8) and 8 of the top 10 tacklers for Illinois St in this game were juniors and seniors.

In case you missed it, NDSU has been ranked in the top 25 for quite some time. They got ranked in the top 25 due to what they have been doing on the field.

Bisonwinagn
11-06-2010, 02:39 AM
God, are you full of shit. :smh:

From the NDSU / Illinois State game stats sheet...

Starting defense (4 SR, 3 JR, 2 SO, 2 FR)

93 Harris (FR) 2 tackles
55 Brunner (JR)4 tackles
62 Piton (SR) 3 tackles
94 Broome (SO) 2 tackles
31 Gordon (JR) 4 tackles
34 Howe (JR) 7 tackles
23 Davis (SO) 8 tackles
20 Givens (FR) 2 tackles
18 Flowers(SR) 5 tackles
24 Hemphill (SR) 8 tackles
2 Jones (SR) 3 tackles

Further, only 1 underclassmen had more than 2 tackles (sophomore Davis with 8) and 8 of the top 10 tacklers for Illinois St in this game were juniors and seniors.

In case you missed it, NDSU has been ranked in the top 25 for quite some time. They got ranked in the top 25 due to what they have been doing on the field.

Listen to Illinois State's press conference where the Coach specifically states they are playing 7 Freshman and 3 Sophmores. Click on O13 date. Either way their defense sucks which was to prove a point that the Bison to this point in the season are an Average team, but still have potential to become good.
http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7600&ATCLID=533552&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=7600&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

Scooter1
11-06-2010, 02:48 AM
You originally stated....

I hope your right.....but the Bison are an average team as well. If you don't remember Illinois State gave up 59 points the week before we played them and we lost to a team that was playing 7 freshman and 4 Sophomores on defense, not to mention one of there offensive players was moved to defense for that game. Granted I think our Defense will be healthier and improved and we will have the chance to move from average to good over the next few weeks, but until they prove it on the field we can't assume the Bison are better than SIU.

Now you state...

Listen to Illinois State's press conference where the Coach specifically states they are playing 7 Freshman and 3 Sophmores. Click on O13 date. Either way their defense sucks which was to prove a point that the Bison to this point in the season are an Average team, but still have potential to become good.
http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7600&ATCLID=533552&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=7600&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

OK, so you and the coach are full of it...what is your point? All it proves is that Illinois State plays better at home and the coach likes to exaggerate to biblical proportions.

My numbers came directly from the Box score of that game. It's not hard to call bullshit when 8 of the top 10 tacklers for that game were upper classmen and 7 of the 11 starters were as well. Check your facts before you blindly believe all the spins from coaches....Jeeze.:smh:

IzzyFlexion
11-06-2010, 11:46 AM

Well, this certainly shouldn't be a shock to the Bison.^^^^^^

bisonmike2
11-07-2010, 12:57 AM
all I know is the Bison are undefeated this year when I pick against them in the weekly predictions thread. So somebody needs to start up the SDSU predictions thread pronto, and I'll get my NDSU 16 SDSU 31 prediction in there immediately.