PDA

View Full Version : Juckem

soupcan
10-25-2010, 04:03 AM
On the craig bohl show matt phillips mentioned justin juckem as future star. Why aren't we seeing him on the field?

BadlandsBison
10-25-2010, 04:08 AM
I heard he got injured early in the year, but I can't remember where I heard that.

Also, I've heard Justin in on the practice squad and the coaches are keeping him on the developmental-lifting program because of his ridiculous potential for putting on muscle. Its amazing how much weight he put on last winter. I didn't know who he was when Juckem walked out on the practice field last spring!

DjKyRo
10-25-2010, 04:27 AM
Just because he's not getting major PT as a RFr. doesn't mean he won't be a star in the future.

soupcan
10-25-2010, 04:41 AM
Has he been on the field at all?

ndsubison1
10-25-2010, 04:46 AM
give him time to develop

tony
10-25-2010, 04:51 AM
Has he been on the field at all?

Not that I know of. IIRC, he didn't play in the spring game either even though he was looking very impressive before then. That would seem to indicate that he's injured. I'll do some digging in the archives. Good question for the Monday radio show.

I wonder about those player profiles - were they all done at the beginning of the year during the media day?

Future interviewees should study Gratzek's bit because he had the best answers like Q. "What MVFC stadium do you least like to play at?" A. "I don't care where we play them."

BraxtonT
10-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Future interviewees should study Gratzek's bit because he had the best answers like Q. "What MVFC stadium do you least like to play at?" A. "I don't care where we play them."

I've noticed too many of the answers being either Northern Iowa or SDSU. Those are the places that should be their favorite places to play, as they provide the best atmosphere.

IL_Bison
10-25-2010, 05:46 PM
It seems to me that Juckem might be stuck between positions - too bulky for DE but not quite in the rotation yet for DT. Currently listed at 267 but looks to be a pretty lean 267. Would expect to see him next year for sure.

X-Factor
10-25-2010, 05:59 PM
267 is by no means too bulky for DE as long as that is a lean 267 and doesn't include a garden variety beer belly.

tony
10-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Looking back at old posts, it sounds like Justin wrecked his ankle a bit right away this season and that sometimes takes a while to heal.

BigBison99
10-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Juckem doesn't have a beer belly just to clarify, he doesn't party. He is very focused on his engineer major. He has become huge with muscle this year while being on the developmental program but, has had a rough time gaining weight. Right now coach wants him at 270lbs and he usually weighs in around 267ish. Also in high school he played DE and so now switching to DT he needs to react faster. Also one more point to touch on, I was at the spring game and saw him play, so I'm not sure what someone was saying when they said he didn't play??? -If you were talking about his ankle sprain, that happened after the Kansas Win this year at practice.

tony
10-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Juckem doesn't have a beer belly just to clarify, he doesn't party. He is very focused on his engineer major. He has become huge with muscle this year while being on the developmental program but, has had a rough time gaining weight. Right now coach wants him at 270lbs and he usually weighs in around 267ish. Also in high school he played DE and so now switching to DT he needs to react faster. Also one more point to touch on, I was at the spring game and saw him play, so I'm not sure what someone was saying when they said he didn't play??? -If you were talking about his ankle sprain, that happened after the Kansas Win this year at practice.

Sorry, that was me who didn't think he played in the spring game. I remember Burgundy saying some really positive things about him during the spring but don't remember hearing his number at the spring game.

Just to be clear: I don't think anybody meant that they thought Juckem was out partying.

267 seems plenty big - especially for a freshman.

CAS4127
10-26-2010, 08:40 PM
267 seems plenty big - especially for a freshman. And plenty close to that "magical" number 270.

bisonhusker
10-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Juckem is massive. He looks the part if nothing else. He is one kid I am rooting for. HUGE. Playing him next to Perry and Drevlow and our future looks pretty nice in the middle.

BigBison99
10-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Sorry, that was me who didn't think he played in the spring game. I remember Burgundy saying some really positive things about him during the spring but don't remember hearing his number at the spring game.

Just to be clear: I don't think anybody meant that they thought Juckem was out partying.

267 seems plenty big - especially for a freshman.

Yea, I just don't want to see his name get thrown in with the wrong crowd. He's a good kid and I'm excited to see what he can do for the program when the time comes!

EndZoneQB
10-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Yea, I just don't want to see his name get thrown in with the wrong crowd. He's a good kid and I'm excited to see what he can do for the program when the time comes!

Where was he lumped in with the "wrong crowd"?

tony
10-26-2010, 10:14 PM

It was just a misunderstanding. Somebody said 267 is plenty big unless the guy is carrying around a beer belly. That got translated (I think) as, "267 is fine as long as the player isn't drinking all the time," rather than what I think was meant, "267 is fine as long as it doesn't include a lot of fat."

EndZoneQB
10-26-2010, 10:59 PM
It was just a misunderstanding. Somebody said 267 is plenty big unless the guy is carrying around a beer belly. That got translated (I think) as, "267 is fine as long as the player isn't drinking all the time," rather than what I think was meant, "267 is fine as long as it doesn't include a lot of fat."

Oh, good call, I skipped right over that...probably because I knew it was nothing.

Gully
10-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Juckem was out drinking and driving?!?:D :D

BigBison99
10-27-2010, 12:25 AM

I never said that he was "lumped" with the wrong crowd, but I don't want to see a good kid get a bad image because of what people read/misunderstand when reading things online... that's all I was saying. I didn't mean to start anything, sorry guys.

BigBison99
10-27-2010, 12:27 AM
But let's not waste our time talking about misinterpretations of each other and let's talk about the talent of the team!

ndsubison1
10-27-2010, 12:32 AM