PDA

View Full Version : Colton Heagle

KTF
10-24-2010, 03:36 AM
Just got home from the game! I was most impressed by the play of Colton Heagle in his collegiate career start for the Bison. He was a play maker on the Defense and special teams. It was great to see the true freshmen step up to the occassion and play with such intensity and poise.

I will forgive the nuetral zone infraction...

99Bison
10-24-2010, 03:43 AM
Just got home from the game! I was most impressed by the play of Colton Heagle in his collegiate career start for the Bison. He was a play maker on the Defense and special teams. It was great to see the true freshmen step up to the occassion and play with such intensity and poise.

Indeed, player of game...

EndZoneQB
10-24-2010, 03:55 AM
Heard his name called a lot...and it's good to hear him making plays on ST, then making more plays on defense. The people behind me and I had a decent talk about him, he might be the next star safety at NDSU...unless Eaves has anything to say about it :)

Hansel
10-24-2010, 04:09 AM
I will forgive the neutral zone infraction...

looked like he was lined up in the backfield on the webcast

KTF
10-24-2010, 04:20 AM

He was pretty darn close, I woul say close to a yard past the football...

99Bison
10-24-2010, 04:43 AM
He apparently is fantastic at reading plays and making the play... He looked like the entire defenses reading the obvious plays on our offense.

Also loved how he lit up the WR on the first from scrimmage of the game.

sambini
10-24-2010, 05:06 AM
Great game Colton+++

DjKyRo
10-24-2010, 05:19 AM
Heagle was getting some mad ups from the commentators on TV, I think one of them said something about "spitting image of Craig Dahl." :nod:

Looks like Kermit actually might know what he's talking about. :D

ndsubison1
10-24-2010, 09:45 AM
heagle started and was much better for our secondary. great run stopper. he made some pads crack and had no fear of making a big hit. i did notice once had a very bad read on a pass and the guy in his zone caught it for a first down. that will be fixed. i saw more good than bad from him. he is going to be good for us.

Bison Dan
10-24-2010, 01:59 PM

Agree 100% - He played great.

Bison"FANatic"
10-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Some of his reads were great yesterday. On the one sweep he was crashing to the line before the ball was snapped and met the runner 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage. I was trying to figure out if it was him reading the play or coming on a safety blitz at the right time but he didn't seem to crash very often at the wrong times. Fun to watch and man have we had some freshmen step up and play like men. May next years recruiting class bring more of the same.

IzzyFlexion
10-24-2010, 03:30 PM

At the top of the screen, when he crept up to the LOS he was past the ball, then before the snap he took another small step forward. That gave them a huge 1st down, but that mistake was offset by some great play throughout the game. Huge future for him.

BisonNeil
10-24-2010, 03:49 PM
May next years recruiting class bring more of the same.

Exactly! Bohl needs three consecutive top classes to crawl out of the hole he dug for himself. This year is going a bit slowly, but if the Bison can keep winning I think the commits will come.

yellowstreak
10-24-2010, 04:19 PM

maybe he should take over for 36-Lemon

Gully
10-24-2010, 04:49 PM

He pretty much did yesterday right? I didn't see Lemon play much....or were you trying to be funny?

SportsLover
10-24-2010, 06:40 PM

He did take over for Lemon. Did you watch the game?

ndsubison1
10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Lemon only played on special teams yesterday. IMO Heagle is a much better fit at SS

HerdBot
10-24-2010, 10:41 PM

That was a suprise to see him do so well!

roadwarrior
10-24-2010, 11:54 PM
I saw he was lined up in the neutral zone (well almost on their side), so why didnt the coaches see it and call a timeout before the ball was snapped?

stevdock
10-25-2010, 12:59 AM
He did take over for Lemon. Did you watch the game?

If I remember right Lemon is number 36. I don't remember when the play was, but the coaches were trying to get him into the game for a certain play. ISU was coming out of the south end zone and I think the play was when we backed ISU up and then they completed a seam pattern for 30-35 yards. He was nowhere to be found and I believe when they did find him he didn't even have his helmet. After seeing that and watching Heagle play, he may be completely done, at least as far as starting or playing on defense goes.

tolnabison
10-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Coming into the Indiana State game, Lemon had only been a 2 down player anyways. On 3rd downs, Pike would replace him at safety. Eaves would move up to SS and Pike would be the FS, in 3rd down passing situations. Against Indiana State, Heagle was in for 2 downs, and rotated on 3rd downs with Pike. I was very impressed with Heagle's closing speed and form tackling. Lead the team in tackles with 9, and 2 tackles for loss.