roadwarrior
10-24-2010, 02:19 AM
The Bison beat the rabbits in Fargo on saturday 2-1

sambini
10-24-2010, 05:08 AM
Congrats Bison+++

zooropa
10-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Last time the Bison beat the Jacks was 2006, in Fargo.

Might give the football team some hope, eh?

(torpedoes the Jacks shot to win the conference title and host next year's tournament)

Tatanka
10-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Last time the Bison beat the Jacks was 2006, in Fargo.

Might give the football team some hope, eh?

(torpedoes the Jacks shot to win the conference title and host next year's tournament)

:rofl: :eek: :mad: :rofl:

zooropa
10-24-2010, 07:00 PM
:rofl: :eek: :mad: :rofl:

Yep. NDSU broke a 1-1 tie with less than 4 minutes left in the game.

BisoninNWMN
10-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Took my daughter to the game. Good game.

Bison had a potential goal hit off the crossbar and another potential goal go wide of the net.

Bison were clearly the better team. Much of the game was spent in the Jack zone.

zooropa
10-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Bison were clearly the better team.

I wouldn't go that far.

That's how SDSU plays. They are not an attacking team. Haven't been as long as I can remember following them.

They are content to sit on their half of the field and steal passes, body players off balls, and just generally burn clock. They play exceptionally good defense. It's how they tied Creighton and how they beat Iowa State. This year, they have struggled to capitalize on scoring opportunities, but Wedemeyers teams aren't going to burn a lot of clock in front of the other team's goal--unless they're playing a particularly bad team.

ndsoccerfan
10-27-2010, 12:15 AM
I thought it was a pretty even game. Both teams had some good scoring chances that they didn't capitalize on. Big weekend coming up to try to claim a spot in the conference tournament.

D_One_here_we_come
10-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Was at the game, better team won. Look at shots, look at post/crossbars hit. Congrats Bison!

ndsoccerfan
10-27-2010, 06:47 PM
I was at the game as well and am happy the Bison won. I'm just saying that it was a close game and both teams missed some scoring chances. I know one thing, SDSU isn't a team that I'd like to play in the conference tournament.

zooropa
10-28-2010, 04:35 AM
SDSU isn't a team that I'd like to play in the conference tournament.

I was at the Iowa State game and I was seriously impressed with how well the Jacks were able to take Cyclones players off the ball. I'm not a huge long term soccer fan so I'm not sure what the appropriate term is, but the SDSU players were extremely adept at getting a leg on the ball and then bodying the Cyclone player off it. The ball stayed in the Jacks' end much of the second half, but the Cyclones could hardly complete a pass. It had to have been extremely frustrating for the Cyclones.

Their only score came off a corner kick where the goalie was badly screened and didn't make a play on the ball.