PDA

View Full Version : Students need more tickets!

TAILG8R
10-23-2010, 09:16 PM
There are only 2,000-2,500 students eats available. I say we start a Facebook group to demand more student tickets!

4mcruenomore
10-23-2010, 09:17 PM
haha, agreed. Students suck, we party more at tailgating and cheer louder anyways, and I'm 35.

HerdBot
10-23-2010, 09:40 PM
haha, agreed. Students suck, we party more at tailgating and cheer louder anyways, and I'm 35.

Students attendance sucks the big one.

4mcruenomore
10-23-2010, 09:41 PM
We were laughing today that if college gameday came to the FFD, it would be all of us old guys there partying and cheering. Current students are so lame.

HoopsBison
10-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Nice another thread about how bad the students suck...

THEsocalledfan
10-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Nice another thread about how bad the students suck...

What's you point? They should fill that section every game, no exceptions.

Do you have an excuse for them that carries water?

HoopsBison
10-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Is this thread the answer... no. Were the other threads the answers??...No!

Just saying they get old

THEsocalledfan
10-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Is this thread the answer... no. Were the other threads the answers??...No!

Just saying they get old

I didn't start it, but the student attendance is a joke.

HoopsBison
10-23-2010, 11:55 PM
I didn't start it, but the student attendance is a joke.

Quite frankly the whole crowd was a joke tonight.

Hopeful-Bison-Baller
10-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Does the student section suck that bad? Is it ever full or are they just quiet? How about the crowd overall? Does it get very loud or only for big games?

TAILG8R
10-24-2010, 12:16 AM
The thread was started to poke fun at the fact that once a year the students decide to show up for a game and bitch about not having enough seat but the other 5 games the students section is half full.

Dazz
10-24-2010, 01:09 AM
Yeah there fro sure was a huge turnout today.

1bizon1
10-24-2010, 01:54 AM
To the faithful every game students that were there today. THANK YOU! To the other whiner wanna be's, get a life.

Tatanka
10-24-2010, 01:55 AM
To the faithful every game students that were there today. THANK YOU! To the other whiner wanna be's, get a life.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

stevdock
10-24-2010, 03:18 AM
Those students who did show up did their best with the small numbers. Thank you students who actually care.

As for Section 1, in particular, YOU WERE PATHETIC TODAY. I was sitting in EE of Section 1, and tried my best to get people to even cheer, clap their hands, anything. I gave up on getting them on their feet early. Especially after our first TD and not even half the section stood up for it. On Eaves TD I was so pissed off because nobody would get up, but as soon as he caught that half the section got up. Still half though. Then for that all important kickoff everyone gets up, what the heck is the point of that?? My goodness if you don't want to vocally support your team please don't buy a ticket so at least I can be closer to the field.

Ginsbach
10-24-2010, 07:52 AM
Some of us students had excuses to not be at the game.

Like being 10,000 miles away on a different continent doing research.

Many of the students today don't have the memory of the winning seasons - you ask a freshman or sophomore and they'll probably only remember this season or the last. Once the team gets out of this few year slump and starts producing, I'm sure the casual student will be returning to the game.

Also, there is a tremendous lack of advertising for the games. Nothing on campus says "hey, there's a game Saturday - get your tickets and go!" I'd wager most of the students (the ones who haven't been showing up lately) have no idea if it's a home game or an away game. Getting rid of the tickets at the BSA would be a good idea too - the students who get a text or a call from their friends on Saturday asking them to go to the game are left out now, because they don't have a ticket. If they went back to the old system (slide your card, go in) I think more of the casual students would show up.

Of course, most of those kids would leave at halftime to go get drunk, anyways. The advertising needs to increase - students need to get excited about Bison football. Something needs to be done.

ndsubison1
10-24-2010, 09:40 AM
the students are a flat out JOKE. if you were there, great. but that doesnt mean you were yelling... student section sucks when it is full anyways. half of the ppl wanna sit, a lot of the girls are only there to be seen. not that that's a bad thing but still. most students dont yell and when you do they stare at you like your crazy. tonight was by FAR the worst crowd i have ever witnessed at a bison game. that includes everybody. our PA announcer has to remind us to cheer. now that is pathetic. rant over. :ranting:

Twentysix
10-24-2010, 12:52 PM
the students are a flat out JOKE. if you were there, great. but that doesnt mean you were yelling... student section sucks when it is full anyways. half of the ppl wanna sit, a lot of the girls are only there to be seen. not that that's a bad thing but still. most students dont yell and when you do they stare at you like your crazy. tonight was by FAR the worst crowd i have ever witnessed at a bison game. that includes everybody. our PA announcer has to remind us to cheer. now that is pathetic. rant over. :ranting:

I was the only person in the top half of 16 participating in lets go bison chants. Also, the lack of noise had alot to do with 40% of section 16(I would guess the endzone sections were single ticket holders too) being age 45 and up. Most of the student section above the bottom level was single ticket people.

1bizon1
10-24-2010, 02:13 PM
An on campus student and you do not know if there is a game on Saturday? Something IS wrong with that. I do not know where to put the blame but that stinks, one way or another.

Tatanka
10-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Good news! There's two more opportunities to get it right! Two weeks from now, and three weeks from now. Get FIRED UP because the team will need you!

roadwarrior
10-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Students can still get a ticket at the Fargodome ticket office on game day.

99Bison
10-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Maybe they should modify the policy of needing a ticket and can just bring their id's to the game if not all tickets have been picked up...? Seems like it may be a lazyness barrier to go if you didn't pickup a ticket.

yellowstreak
10-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Getting rid of the tickets at the BSA would be a good idea too - the students who get a text or a call from their friends on Saturday asking them to go to the game are left out now, because they don't have a ticket. If they went back to the old system (slide your card, go in) I think more of the casual students would show up.

They should do a little of both like they do for general addmission and assigned seating in the endzones. For big games like SDSU and homecoming, there is assigned seating in the endzones. For most other games, the endzones are general addimission.

For the big games, they should do the BSA for the big games and card-sliding for all the other ones.

If we are talking about students, lets also talk about the 50 yard line. Those are the most expesive tickets (besides boxes) and a quarter or more of them are empty. I know they are paid for, but why isn't anybody using them? Some people can't go every week, but you'd think they would give them away or something.

SportsLover
10-24-2010, 06:45 PM
As a sophomore student I agree. Our student section is terrible, we cant even fill the side sections. I belief if we were 7-1 or 8-0 the sections would be filled with students which is the part that pisses me off the most.

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Many of the students today don't have the memory of the winning seasons - you ask a freshman or sophomore and they'll probably only remember this season or the last. Once the team gets out of this few year slump and starts producing, I'm sure the casual student will be returning to the game.

This is the only thing I can think of. The students that I talk to on campus do not have a lot of pride for Bison football. Basketball is another story. I have heard stories that the basketball players are far more likeable and personable, so the students are more inclined to support them.

Not an excuse at all. But I do feel the football buzz around campus just isn't there, like in years past for whatever reason.

Tatanka
10-24-2010, 07:12 PM
I have heard stories that the basketball players are far more likeable and personable, so the students are more inclined to support them.

:rolleyes: This remains to be seen. That said, I would love to see a full student section in the BSA.

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2010, 07:15 PM
:rolleyes: This remains to be seen. That said, I would love to see a full student section in the BSA.

Well, they certainly do not seem to give 2 ----s about the football team, so maybe the basketball argument is irrelevant.

HerdBot
10-24-2010, 10:24 PM
As a sophomore student I agree. Our student section is terrible, we cant even fill the side sections. I belief if we were 7-1 or 8-0 the sections would be filled with students which is the part that pisses me off the most.

You would think that's the case but it's just not true. Students typically show up early in the year and slow down late in the year. We actually had a pretty good record coming into this game at 4-3. Clearly they are not getting the message that these games are important. One of the few times I've seen students show up late in the year was against SDSU in '06. It was for the Great West Championship and the dome was electric. They are either not getting the message that these are big games or they just don't care. I think they are not getting the message. Every student should know that if we win the last 2 home games we will be in a position to go to the playoffs. I don't think they know that because the marketing folks suck. It starts at the top.

rutlandbison
10-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Lot of blue chairs in all over the place.

rutlandbison
10-24-2010, 11:25 PM
This is the only thing I can think of. The students that I talk to on campus do not have a lot of pride for Bison football. Basketball is another story. I have heard stories that the basketball players are far more likeable and personable, so the students are more inclined to support them.

Not an excuse at all. But I do feel the football buzz around campus just isn't there, like in years past for whatever reason.
HAHAHAHAH that was a joke right?