PDA

View Full Version : Pull Mohler

4mcruenomore
10-23-2010, 09:06 PM
I think it's time, sorry BV.

TAILG8R
10-23-2010, 09:14 PM
He's terrible. Does he ever drop back withoit turnings and running. He has looked at his receivers all of 2-3 times. Horrible!

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2010, 09:31 PM
They should just try that freshman from Garrison or wherever...

MN_BISON
10-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Can Brock sling the rock with his left hand?

WYOBISONMAN
10-23-2010, 09:37 PM
It isn't going to make any difference with our offensive line. Mohler is not getting enough protection.

4mcruenomore
10-23-2010, 09:39 PM
It isn't going to make any difference with our offensive line. Mohler is not getting enough protection.

I don't think its that, it's poor decisions.

NDSU1980
10-23-2010, 09:42 PM

So, I guess we can take the same attitude with Jensen if and when he plays and he doesn't live up to our expectations. Can we just once support the QB?

WYOBISONMAN
10-23-2010, 09:46 PM
I don't think its that, it's poor decisions.

What decisions can you make when the dbacks are in your backfield immediately after the snap? Jose isn't the hottest QB, for sure, but he looks a hell of a lot worse because of the lack of protection. Tho not outstanding, he is probably our bet shot.....and at times he does seem to make something out of nothing.

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2010, 09:48 PM
So, I guess we can take the same attitude with Jensen if and when he plays and he doesn't live up to our expectations. Can we just once support the QB?

I agree with him and don't think it matters.

Jensen is our future QB for the next 3 years, if Perez or that freshman can step in and give us a spark for this year, we need to see if that oppurtunity is there.

SDSUAlum08
10-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Everyone's favorite player is the backup QB. Same at SDSU when they were struggling earlier in the season.

4mcruenomore
10-23-2010, 09:49 PM
I agree with him and don't think it matters.

Jensen is our future QB for the next 3 years, if Perez or that freshman can step in and give us a spark for this year, we need to see if that oppurtunity is there.

Quit saying "that freshman", just admit who he is and where he is from.

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Quit saying "that freshman", just admit who he is and where he is from.

Thornton from Garrison? He's a freshman that is redshirting, who cares. Talk to me when he becomes irrelevant.

4mcruenomore
10-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Thornton from Garrison? He's a freshman that is redshirting, who cares. Talk to me when he becomes irrelevant.

You already are irrelevant, congratulations. Looks like a great former NDSU QB is doing the announcing too, wonder what school he also graduated from? hmmmmm

WYOBISONMAN
10-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Everyone's favorite player is the backup QB. Same at SDSU when they were struggling earlier in the season.

Absolutely.............

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2010, 09:57 PM
You already are irrelevant, congratulations.

It looks like we have something in common after all.

TAILG8R
10-23-2010, 10:04 PM
What decisions can you make when the dbacks are in your backfield immediately after the snap? Jose isn't the hottest QB, for sure, but he looks a hell of a lot worse because of the lack of protection. Tho not outstanding, he is probably our bet shot.....and at times he does seem to make something out of nothing.

My problems is that he is so gunshy that he turns and runs 75% of the time when there is no pressure.

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2010, 10:05 PM
My problems is that he is so gunshy that he turns and runs 75% of the time when there is no pressure.

I wonder if they tell him to do that. It looks like he doesn't even bother going through his progression. He has 1 read, and then takes off if it isn't there.

TAILG8R
10-23-2010, 10:08 PM
I wonder if they tell him to do that. It looks like he doesn't even bother going through his progression. He has 1 read, and then takes off if it isn't there.

That's what I am seeing most of the time.

WYOBISONMAN
10-23-2010, 10:10 PM

I don't know.....I see that too. Remember, the kid still is only a Sophomore.

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't know.....I see that too. Remember, the kid still is only a Sophomore.

He is a good runner, and I wonder if that is his "second read". I think his problem is he just wants to make "a" play, instead of making the right play. He did just have a very nice throw there.

Bisonwinagn
10-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Well Jensen has started this year and was clearly a better QB than Mohler in those games. Who knows over a full season, but the small sample looked good.

WYOBISONMAN
10-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Well Jensen has started this year and was clearly a better QB than Mohler in those games. Who knows over a full season, but the small sample looked good.

If Jose gets more experience, he could wind up being better than Jensen ...... Who knows.....Kind of a nice problem to have..

THEsocalledfan
10-23-2010, 11:34 PM
If Jose gets more experience, he could wind up being better than Jensen ...... Who knows.....Kind of a nice problem to have..

No, WYO, that is very wishful thinking. He does not have the same physical tools and experience won't fix that. Jensen is the future. Mohler may be a competent back up, but never more than that.

semobison
10-23-2010, 11:49 PM
We havnt seen Jensen play against top MVFC teams. I dont know how some of you can judge him as the better QB in a couple games against weaker teams. He didnt complete half of his passes when he did play! I hope he is great, but I will reserve judgement until he proves himself.

THEsocalledfan
10-23-2010, 11:51 PM
We havnt seen Jensen play against top MVFC teams. I dont know how some of you can judge him as the better QB in a couple games against weaker teams. He didnt complete half of his passes when he did play! I hope he is great, but I will reserve judgement until he proves himself.

And I can't see how you can possibly put Mohler even close to him.....

We will need to agree to disgree.......

RiverBison15
10-23-2010, 11:58 PM
My real question with this is, if Mohler gets hurt, would they pull Thortons shirt or go with Perez? I really don't see any scenario, other then Mohler getting hurt for a significant period of time, where they will really pull Mohler. I do think, Thorton is a better option in the future then he is given. I don't he is a better option for the year unless its required.

JSUBison
10-24-2010, 12:03 AM
My real question with this is, if Mohler gets hurt, would they pull Thortons shirt or go with Perez? I really don't see any scenario, other then Mohler getting hurt for a significant period of time, where they will really pull Mohler. I do think, Thorton is a better option in the future then he is given. I don't he is a better option for the year unless its required.

They'd be nuts to pull Thortons shirt. Dante is competent, he just hasn't had the chance. I was hoping that NDSU would go up big early in this game so Dante could get some good 2nd half playing time.

Dazz
10-24-2010, 01:00 AM
Dante is far to small to ever play. Mohler is to small to play. The dude can't even see over his line. I saw two plays in the game against ISU today where I am pretty sure he jumped up to get a ball over the line.

EndZoneQB
10-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Love ya 4m, but I disagree.

X-Factor
10-24-2010, 01:57 AM
The QB's we have for next year are:

1. Jensen
2. Thornton

after that it is backup material.

You have to remember, is the goal to simply play competent football, or is the goal to possibly win a national championship someday and who has the physical and mental tools to get us there? Jose is a decent QB, but he is likely not going to get us to the next level.

4mcruenomore
10-24-2010, 01:58 AM

1. Jensen
2. Thornton

You have to remember, is the goal to simply play competent football, or is the goal to possibly win a national championship someday and who has the physical and mental tools to get us there? Jose is a decent QB, but he is likely not going to get us to the next level.

this!
(need 10 characters)

EndZoneQB
10-24-2010, 02:38 AM

1. Jensen
2. Thornton

If Jensen learns to hit the WCO throws, I agree. Otherwise, it looks like he may not be the answer either...you need to hit those underneath passes MORE than the downfield throws.

stevdock
10-24-2010, 02:52 AM
FWIW I watched all four QB's during warmups.

First I was disappointed that Jensen wasn't closer to the action. For being the leader alot are saying, I expected him closer to what the QB's were doing.

Almost every single one of Mohler's passes were late, waiting way too long after the WR's got out of their break to throw the ball. Those eventually will end up getting picked, which is probably why Vigen calls some of the plays he does.

Perez looked very sharp today. Not all passes were perfect but most were. Threw the ball when it needed to be thrown according to the WR's break and looked very good.

Thornton looks like a very capable QB. Very good ball, but what looked like to me a long delivery. Has a very nice arm though and threw Freshmen passes today, some perfect, some way off. Like I said to my dad though, definitely looks like a QB. Was disappointed he wasn't closer to the offense in the first half when the O was on the bench.

My brother told me that Perez was warming up on the sideline after the safety and that tells me that Bohl knows or at least thinks his job might have been on the line today.

EndZoneQB
10-24-2010, 02:55 AM
FWIW I watched all four QB's during warmups.

First I was disappointed that Jensen wasn't closer to the action. For being the leader alot are saying, I expected him closer to what the QB's were doing.

Almost every single one of Mohler's passes were late, waiting way too long after the WR's got out of their break to throw the ball. Those eventually will end up getting picked, which is probably why Vigen calls some of the plays he does.

Perez looked very sharp today. Not all passes were perfect but most were. Threw the ball when it needed to be thrown according to the WR's break and looked very good.

Thornton looks like a very capable QB. Very good ball, but what looked like to me a long delivery. Has a very nice arm though and threw Freshmen passes today, some perfect, some way off. Like I said to my dad though, definitely looks like a QB. Was disappointed he wasn't closer to the offense in the first half when the O was on the bench.

My brother told me that Perez was warming up on the sideline after the safety and that tells me that Bohl knows or at least thinks his job might have been on the line today.

Left handed does not help at ALL. It seems southpaw QB's generally have a lot longer delivery. Delivery in CFB is less important, unless it has a tell or something in it.

TheBisonator
10-24-2010, 02:55 AM

If we win 2 of the next 3, Bohl keeps his job. If we end up 6-5, then it's a tough call.

Facts
10-24-2010, 03:11 AM

I can confirm: I sit behind the Bison bench... after the safety Bohl pointed to Perez and told him to get ready (Perez and Thornton then proceeded to warm up).

WYOBISONMAN
10-24-2010, 03:14 AM
I can confirm: I sit behind the Bison bench... after the safety Bohl pointed to Perez and told him to get ready (Perez and Thornton then proceeded to warm up).

Very interesting.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-24-2010, 01:15 PM

I agree, who have we seen him play? Morgan, Yotes, WIU, and little or YSU. These teams aren't top. We just have a big quarterback situation, Perez looks like he's got a big arm, but accuracy could be worked on, Thorton, i don't wanna take the redshirt off, doesn't have experience at all either.

IzzyFlexion
10-24-2010, 01:40 PM

Did he wait in saying that until Jose was close enough to hear him? If so....motivational/scare tactic??

99Bison
10-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Guys the Jury is still out on Jensen for the long term, obviously he was significantly better in his first 3 college games than Mohler has been in his first 10 or so. However how can anyone say the Jury isn't signed, sealed and delivered on Mohler, we know what we are going to get there +/- 10%.

semobison
10-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Mohler, 12-20-180-0-0, and he had 2 drops, one by Smith, and a big one by Mack. Not great, but not terrible either. He was under a lot of pressure the first half. Sure, there are things I dont like about him, but he has had his moments, (YSU)! If we are going to be successful down the stretch we need to get our wideouts involved. SIU and SDSU are going to be ready for the screen to DJ!

IzzyFlexion
10-24-2010, 03:47 PM
I like this kid running the show. I wish he wouldn't bail out of the pocket so quickly at times, (sometimes has no choice) but it is fun to watch him scramble.

yellowstreak
10-24-2010, 03:49 PM

If Jensen wasn't hurt and Thorton wasn't a redshirt, I'd agree. As it is, the thought of Perez starting would scare the hell out of me.

BisonNeil
10-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Mohler is going to be okay.

He does need a bit more help from his OL. Sometimes they are brilliant, other times the protection breaks down.

But, I am really sick of watching Titus Mack and Justin Howard drop passes. We have got to find some WRs who can catch the ball on a consistent basis.

I also wish Veldman wasn't so fragile. He has missed so much time this year he has caught only 3 passes and is a huge disappointment.

So, I can't hang it all on Mohler and remember folks, Jensen was completing less than 50% of his passes and some of those misses were truly ugly. There is no question in my mind that the QB situation is unsettled, but it is not all on them.

yellowstreak
10-24-2010, 04:05 PM
But, I am really sick of watching Titus Mack and Justin Howard drop passes. We have got to find some WRs who can catch the ball on a consistent basis.

Ryan Smith?

BisonNeil
10-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Ryan Smith?

#11 dropped one for sure but the TE LANDON Smith dropped one also in addition to Mack.

The reason I know Howard dropped one is that my son was expressing frustration about Mohler always locking into Holloway and he had just stared him down and missed the throw. Titus Mack had dropped on in front of us on the previous series. My response to my son was that Mohler really doesn't have many options, either he tries to get it to someone who can reliably catch it or he could throw it to Mack and Howard so they can drop it. The very next play he threw to Howard and he dropped it.

RiverBison15
10-24-2010, 04:19 PM
The biggest problem I have with Mohler as a fan is I'm just not comfortable with him, I'm really worried him turning the ball over. I was much more comfortable with Jensen back there and taking a hit and holding onto the ball. Neither player has come off as Joe Montana, I just thought Jensen managed the game a little better. Look at the Western Illinois loss, he wasn't great, better in the second half then the first, but they didn't have points off of turnovers, atleast none I can think of right now. Now look at the Illinois State game, we gave up 17 points off of turnovers. I know Mohler threw two picks that game, and that will happen. I'm not as concerned about the picks as the fumbles. He seems to roll out alot and get antsy in the pocket and that seems to be when he fumbles. The break downs in protection could be to blame but could the break downs be caused by how often he runs.

yellowstreak
10-24-2010, 04:25 PM
We might run a West Coast offense, but it's really a running offense. If you want to keep the safeties honest, it's important to have the threat of the deep pass. Brock could throw the deep pass. Mohler, not so much.

I'd choose Brock over Mohler. We don't have the choice anymore though.

99Bison
10-24-2010, 04:45 PM
#11 dropped one for sure but the TE LANDON Smith dropped one also in addition to Mack.

The reason I know Howard dropped one is that my son was expressing frustration about Mohler always locking into Holloway and he had just stared him down and missed the throw. Titus Mack had dropped on in front of us on the previous series. My response to my son was that Mohler really doesn't have many options, either he tries to get it to someone who can reliably catch it or he could throw it to Mack and Howard so they can drop it. The very next play he threw to Howard and he dropped it.

Really, we are going to complain about 2-3 drops the entire game... with Jensen getting things like blatent drops 3 times in a row to start games. According to the box score Howard was thrown to two times with the incompletion being defended by two guys.

Anyway, as someone else just said, it doesn't matter since defenses only have to worry about the dink passes to RB's. I was shocked DJ got a freebe from the defense on that long one screen as it would be the only play we'd run in that situation. Passing beyond rb's in this game was horrible as with every game Mohler has played.

Not sure how it's everyone elses fault when Jensen put up decent passing games and not having to scramble for his life because he actually has some pocket presence with the same guys around him.

56BISON73
10-25-2010, 01:52 AM

When he panics he actually rolls out IN TO DEFENSIVE PRESSURE. If he steps forward the outside pressure goes by him. But he runs in to it. He also fumbled twice and lets not forget about the safety.

NDSU1980
10-25-2010, 02:09 AM
I honestly can't figure out the anti-Jose thing. I think some of you would jump on him even if he won a championship. After this year, Jose will have 2 years experience, which is far more then the other 3 put together.

As to Jensen, he played 3 games, plus a couple snaps. Morgan State, anyone could have beat. Against USD, he didn't even bother to show up for the first half, and he played poorly against WIU. Add in that he seems to get hurt pretty easily doesn't help.

Thorton will have no experience at all this season. All this just make Jose look all the better.

tony
10-25-2010, 02:21 AM
I honestly can't figure out the anti-Jose thing.

It's easy to figure out. 4mcure wants every single non-North Dakotan player benched and replaced with a North Dakotan. And if we have a North Dakotan at a position, he still wants them benched so they can be replaced with a kid from Bismarck. And if they are from Bismarck, he still wants them pulled if they didn't play for Bismarck High. In fact, in the 4mcrue world, NDSU wins every game by 40 if we let the Bismarck High All-Stars play all our games. :)

Doesn't matter if Thornton would be using a year of eligibility a fraction of a season. Doesn't matter if DJ has 8 200+ all purpose yard games this year. In that world, a guy not starting, or even playing, at 2-5 UND is better than anybody on NDSU's roster.

Sorry, 4mcrue, but it really has to be said: NDSU would have ZERO national championships and ZERO Harlon Hills and ZERO winning DI seasons without out-of-state players.

4mcruenomore
10-25-2010, 02:28 AM
It's easy to figure out. 4mcure wants every single non-North Dakotan player benched and replaced with a North Dakotan. And if we have a North Dakotan at a position, he still wants them benched so they can be replaced with a kid from Bismarck. And if they are from Bismarck, he still wants them pulled if they didn't play for Bismarck High. In fact, in the 4mcrue world, NDSU wins every game by 40 if we let the Bismarck High All-Stars play all our games. :)

Doesn't matter if Thornton would be using a year of eligibility a fraction of a season. Doesn't matter if DJ has 8 200+ all purpose yard games this year. In that world, a guy not starting, or even playing, at 2-5 UND is better than anybody on NDSU's roster.

Sorry, 4mcrue, but it really has to be said: NDSU would have ZERO national championships and ZERO Harlon Hills and ZERO winning DI seasons without out-of-state players.

Sheesh, "retreats with tail between legs" No need for hatred here, I am what I am.

56BISON73
10-25-2010, 02:37 AM
I honestly can't figure out the anti-Jose thing. I think some of you would jump on him even if he won a championship. After this year, Jose will have 2 years experience, which is far more then the other 3 put together.

As to Jensen, he played 3 games, plus a couple snaps. Morgan State, anyone could have beat. Against USD, he didn't even bother to show up for the first half, and he played poorly against WIU. Add in that he seems to get hurt pretty easily doesn't help.

Thorton will have no experience at all this season. All this just make Jose look all the better.

he throws a terrible long ball.
He makes bad decisions.
He doesnt protect the ball.
He panics-gets happy feet when there is pressure

Other than than I like the kid.
Im not hanging this kid out to dry. These are just very obvious observations.

On the positive side he can make things happen with his feet- BUT---- Seriously---he has along way to go

stevdock
10-25-2010, 02:39 AM

It sucks huh?? When you try and back the starting QB because you believe he can get it done either with the offense in place or some tweaks to the offense, but not a single person is even interested. Especially when they want to switch out the starter for someone with no experience.

4mcruenomore
10-25-2010, 02:43 AM
It sucks huh?? When you try and back the starting QB because you believe he can get it done either with the offense in place or some tweaks to the offense, but not a single person is even interested. Especially when they want to switch out the starter for someone with no experience.

Huh? (10 characters)

stevdock
10-25-2010, 02:46 AM
Huh? (10 characters)

That was specifically for NDSU1980.

bisoneer
10-25-2010, 02:57 AM
I think if you want a winning season you have to stick with Mohler now... maybe after a mathematical elimination from the playoffs then give a backup some snaps... Oh yea Jose is running around a lot but he has to due to poor protection and his feet a quick to get him some more time but he needs to play smarter which is hard to do when you are getting chased a lot. He our main guy for right now and its on his coaches, teammates and his own shoulders to keep us winning.

56BISON73
10-25-2010, 03:06 AM
I think if you want a winning season you have to stick with Mohler now... maybe after a mathematical elimination from the playoffs then give a backup some snaps... Oh yea Jose is running around a lot but he has to due to poor protection and his feet a quick to get him some more time but he needs to play smarter which is hard to do when you are getting chased a lot. He our main guy for right now and its on his coaches, teammates and his own shoulders to keep us winning.

I am in no way saying we should pull Jose. Hes our guy. BUT did anyone else see Dante warming up on the sideline after Jose did the saftey thing?

Tatanka
10-25-2010, 03:08 AM
I am in no way saying we should pull Jose. Hes our guy. BUT did anyone else see Dante warming up on the sideline after Jose did the saftey thing?

Did... but never thought he'd actually go in.

4mcruenomore
10-25-2010, 03:08 AM
#9 was also warming up

aces1180
10-25-2010, 03:10 AM
#9 was also warming up

I noticed he was playing catch, but I doubt he was warming up...Why would they take his redshirt off now when they have a viable, yet unexperienced backup?

Bison53
10-25-2010, 03:11 AM
Jose needs to get more arm strengh and be
able to throw a tighter spiral so it is more catchable.

mgbison
10-25-2010, 03:29 AM
peyton manning has a little wobble on his throws.........

4mcruenomore
10-25-2010, 03:37 AM

haha, pull him! Thanks for bringing a little humor into this, pos reps!

56BISON73
10-25-2010, 03:38 AM

The operative word here is little. As opposed to the Jose wounded duck ball.

bisonbills
10-25-2010, 03:41 AM

And what has he ever done?!?!? :D :D :D

Tatanka
10-25-2010, 03:45 AM
The operative word here is little. As opposed to the Jose wounded duck ball.

Well, it is in season.

Hey, come to think about it, this might be what we need to get some of the hunters to the game.

BisonEngrGirl
10-25-2010, 03:46 AM

at least jensen steps up in the pocket and takes a look around. mohler literally turns around and runs away. jensen is a way bigger guy which maybe gives him more confidence, but as a qb you need to take a few seconds to see what's going on instead of running outside of the pocket and making the whole play fall apart.

56BISON73
10-25-2010, 03:47 AM
Well, it is in season.

Hey, come to think about it, this might be what we need to get some of the hunters to the game.

At least they would have a good chance to hit what they were shooting at.:D And thats with a rifle.

Tatanka
10-25-2010, 03:48 AM
Bottom line for Tatanka: At the end of the day, Jose is our QB. He has my support until he is no longer our QB, whether or not I want him to be the QB. GO BISON.

56BISON73
10-25-2010, 03:49 AM
Bottom line for Tatanka: At the end of the day, Jose is our QB. He has my support until he is no longer our QB, whether or not I want him to be the QB. GO BISON.

I agree.!!!!!

herdmember
10-25-2010, 04:01 AM
When the program gets to the point it should be at, we should be talking about junior/senior starting QBs and not arguing over freshman/sophomores.

Mohler is our best chance of winning this year. Perez is maybe as good or better, but with 3 games left and playoffs in the balance, we can't afford to find out.

My gut definitely says Jensen is better than Mohler. That being said its ironic that if Mertens was the freshman right now and Walker was the sophomore, we'd probably be talking about them the same way. Mertens has all the tools, strong arm, fast, etc whereas Walker is too small, too slow, etc.

Our team has looked crappy throughout some games only to have Mohler almost pull out an unlikely win (UNI) and pull out a last minute win. (Youngstown) This also could be compared to games such as Sam Houston/Cal Poly with Walker.

Let's just support him, hope we go 3-0 or at least 2-1 to finish out the year and then we can talk about the QB battle all offseason again.

tony
10-25-2010, 04:15 AM
Sheesh, "retreats with tail between legs" No need for hatred here, I am what I am.

Hatred? No, I just don't want readers to get the impression that ragging on players is the norm on Bisonville.

Am I incorrect that you want Bohl to pull Thorton's redshirt in game 9?

Mohler definitely has a lot of stuff to work on, don't get me wrong, but as long as he's starting I'd hope people kind of rally around him a bit. Face it folks, Jenson might be a better QB but he can't play. Dante has almost zero experience. Pulling Esley's redshirt at this point of the season would be crazy.

I agree with the coaches that, for all his faults, Mohler is the best chance NDSU has for winning. The best chance Esley has of getting NDSU a championship is if he redshirts this year (count me as one of the guys who thinks he'll make a serious push for being starter next year.)

4mcruenomore
10-25-2010, 04:27 AM
Hatred? No, I just don't want readers to get the impression that ragging on players is the norm on Bisonville.

Am I incorrect that you want Bohl to pull Thorton's redshirt in game 9?

Mohler definitely has a lot of stuff to work on, don't get me wrong, but as long as he's starting I'd hope people kind of rally around him a bit. Face it folks, Jenson might be a better QB but he can't play. Dante has almost zero experience. Pulling Esley's redshirt at this point of the season would be crazy.

I agree with the coaches that, for all his faults, Mohler is the best chance NDSU has for winning. The best chance Esley has of getting NDSU a championship is if he redshirts this year (count me as one of the guys who thinks he'll make a serious push for being starter next year.)

thanks Tony, nice post!!

steelbison
10-25-2010, 04:59 AM
Jose needs to get more arm strengh and be
able to throw a tighter spiral so it is more catchable.

How about stay in the pocket and throw...only problem is he can't see over the line.

Wish the coaching staff would notice this and do more roll outs so he can see better.

Also Jose, please change the play every once in awhile. Also could you please throw down the field!

One last thing. Please try not to fumble the ball anymore!!

I'm hoping you can improve so we can win the last three games and make the playofs.

Good Luck!!

DjKyRo
10-25-2010, 05:17 AM
At this point of the season trying out another quarterback "to see how he does" is just not practical. No way Thorton gets his redshirt pulled when it'd cost him a year to play three games and, for all we know, he'd come down with the freshman jitters and we'd be worse off (not that we're in a bad spot as is - just an uncertain one). Thorton will be a good QB - in a few years.

Jose has the most experience with the system and appears to have the faith of the receivers and has shown that he can play in the offensive system we have (see: YSU game). At absolute minimum he gets more time in the system and that will benefit us down the road, at maximum he gives us the best chance to get into and through the playoffs. It's a tremendous and unnecessary gamble to try anyone else at this point unless he absolutely flushes a game down the toilet or is injured.

Not hating on anyone's opinion, just my amateur take on the situation.

ndsubison1
10-25-2010, 05:26 AM
this is a dumb thread... but then again, it's bisonville and nothing ever seems to amaze me on this site

NDSUstudent
10-25-2010, 05:39 AM
Jose's career stats....

110-184(59.8%) 1506 yards 10 TD 7 INT

NFL QB Rating 88.27
NCAA QB Rating 138.86

NDSU1980
10-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Huh? (10 characters)

Easy to explain. Stevedoc is taking a cheapy at me because I didn't worship the ground Mertens got sacked on. I supported Mertens until it became obvious that he couldn't do it and we had alternatives in 2009. Jose earned my support by coming in and actually getting something done.

rutlandbison
10-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Was this thread started on Saturday against Indiana State?

NDSUstudent
10-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Was this thread started on Saturday against Indiana State?

looks like it