PDA

View Full Version : State of Bison football

bisonfan11
10-20-2010, 11:41 PM
As we are looking ahead to the Indiana State game this Saturday I am wondering what is the state of Bison football? I know that we are 4-3, however we have had some good luck (fortune) in 2 of our 4 wins (Kansas and Youngstown State). The reality IS we could be an unacceptable 2-6. When I moved here and got into Bison football, a pal of mine told me of "Bison Pride". I was impressed to say the least. When I found out that we were moving to the MVC (Gateway Conference at the time) I was very excited. The move seemed to follow the mind-set of "Bison Pride" of wanting to compete against the best competition that the FCS could give us. However since NDSU has moved to the MVC the intensity the Bison played with during their transition period seemed lost. I was still okay, but a little disapointed with the '08 Bison team. But I felt that the biggest reason the '08 team was not a National Championship contender is that the team had to adjust to the much tougher MVC as opposed to the easier Great West conference. However, last year I started to doubt whether Craig Bohl and his ablilty to lead the team. Several players had off the field issues before the '09 season, and it seemed that the team almost played the entire '09 season disinterested in whether or not they won or lost. The '09 team IMO did not show any "Bison Pride" during the season, and it seemed like coach Bohl was MIA when the team needed Bohl to be the leader of the team. This year started off better than I expected, I know that NDSU's offense did not play well against Kansas, but the defense stepped up and played with attitude I hadn't seen since '07. But after that game NDSU's effort has been up and down. The Bison did a great job against their non conference teams on the schedule (3-0), but once the Bison played MVC opponents they looked scared, undisciplined, and lost (going 1-3). I don't want to "hate" on the Bison but I now feel that the Bison are "scared" of other MVC teams (even though the are about as experienced as every other MVC team). Is this just that the Bison are young? I wouldn't think so because that would mean that UNI and ISU-Red would have played as scared as we did against them. I am starting to feel the problem on the team must be the coaching staff. I mean from Craig Bohl on down the line it seems like the coaching staff is too hands off with this team because they feel that it is the PLAYERS responsibility to lead the team. That would be good if NDSU still had Steve Walker or Joe Mays, but both those guys no longer don the Green and Gold every Saturday for the Bison. I feel that for this team to be better and take a positive step forward this year coach Bohl and his staff needs to step up and lead this team. If these players are hungry for success like I think they are they will respond very favorably to the tougher practices and having more demanded out of every one. That is how I see where we are right now. I just hope to see the Bison improve and beat Indiana State and play like champions even if they are underdogs. At the very least I want to see this team go down fighting every single game, not give each game away.

56BISON73
10-20-2010, 11:51 PM
As we are looking ahead to the Indiana State game this Saturday I am wondering what is the state of Bison football? I know that we are 4-3, however we have had some good luck (fortune) in 2 of our 4 wins (Kansas and Youngstown State). The reality IS we could be an unacceptable 2-6. When I moved here and got into Bison football, a pal of mine told me of "Bison Pride". I was impressed to say the least. When I found out that we were moving to the MVC (Gateway Conference at the time) I was very excited. The move seemed to follow the mind-set of "Bison Pride" of wanting to compete against the best competition that the FCS could give us. However since NDSU has moved to the MVC the intensity the Bison played with during their transition period seemed lost. I was still okay, but a little disapointed with the '08 Bison team. But I felt that the biggest reason the '08 team was not a National Championship contender is that the team had to adjust to the much tougher MVC as opposed to the easier Great West conference. However, last year I started to doubt whether Craig Bohl and his ablilty to lead the team. Several players had off the field issues before the '09 season, and it seemed that the team almost played the entire '09 season disinterested in whether or not they won or lost. The '09 team IMO did not show any "Bison Pride" during the season, and it seemed like coach Bohl was MIA when the team needed Bohl to be the leader of the team. This year started off better than I expected, I know that NDSU's offense did not play well against Kansas, but the defense stepped up and played with attitude I hadn't seen since '07. But after that game NDSU's effort has been up and down. The Bison did a great job against their non conference teams on the schedule (3-0), but once the Bison played MVC opponents they looked scared, undisciplined, and lost (going 1-3). I don't want to "hate" on the Bison but I now feel that the Bison are "scared" of other MVC teams (even though the are about as experienced as every other MVC team). Is this just that the Bison are young? I wouldn't think so because that would mean that UNI and ISU-Red would have played as scared as we did against them. I am starting to feel the problem on the team must be the coaching staff. I mean from Craig Bohl on down the line it seems like the coaching staff is too hands off with this team because they feel that it is the PLAYERS responsibility to lead the team. That would be good if NDSU still had Steve Walker or Joe Mays, but both those guys no longer don the Green and Gold every Saturday for the Bison. I feel that for this team to be better and take a positive step forward this year coach Bohl and his staff needs to step up and lead this team. If these players are hungry for success like I think they are they will respond very favorably to the tougher practices and having more demanded out of every one. That is how I see where we are right now. I just hope to see the Bison improve and beat Indiana State and play like champions even if they are underdogs. At the very least I want to see this team go down fighting every single game, not give each game away.

How do you know that the coaches think its the players sole responsibility to lead the team?

What makes you think that the coaches havent tried to step up and lead?

Just asking.

HerdBot
10-20-2010, 11:56 PM

I think we played with great pride early in the year. Its our depth that's killing us.? When you replace a starter and have 2 play more than 1 freshman, mistakes are going to be made that give up big plays. When you have young coordinators they are going to make mistakes. Right now we have a freshman corner, a freshman Dt, and 2 freshman ends paying too many snaps. We have a juco linebacker playing with a broken thumb who is relatively new in the system. . This is why we need to develop and retain more players so we don't have to count on freshman and Jucos. Think back to when we had Marsch, Humber, and Mays. We had experienced players like Matt Anderson and Kittleson coming off the bench. Now we have freshman. Heck last year we used DJ. Its the result of a few poor recruiting classes. Next year should be better or work ten times harder.

BisoninNWMN
10-21-2010, 12:24 AM
State of Bison FB??

Time to get the job done.....period.

jarhead
10-21-2010, 12:47 AM
I didn't know where to tack this but thought it was interesting. Shows how quickly a program can slide and how murky the
reasons can be. Hope some of you enjoy it.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20101020/ARTICLES/101029997/1136?Title=What-s-happened-to-the-Gators-

Retired Ol' Ball Coach
10-21-2010, 02:37 AM
This is what a true fair weather fan would say. You don't have clue. Bison pride ,is this what bisonville is all about? Just look at this guy bison11 last 20 post. What kind pride is this? It's all about bashing the coaches and the kids. Bison pride,i guest it's a ndsu thing. Me being from Texas, I just don't understand bison pride.
After the kansas game bisonville was on top of the world. Look at it now. These coaches and kids have been working their ass off.

mgbison
10-21-2010, 03:22 AM
I don't know ol ball coach, but he has a great point. Some people on this board have lost it. The negative crap posted everyday just gets old

4mcruenomore
10-21-2010, 03:49 AM
Bohl started out with a OT loss in 2003 at UND IMO. Kind of carried over from there. Time to go.

Siouxfallsbison
10-21-2010, 03:50 AM
This is what a true fair weather fan would say. You don't have clue. Bison pride ,is this what bisonville is all about? Just look at this guy bison11 last 20 post. What kind pride is this? It's all about bashing the coaches and the kids. Bison pride,i guest it's a ndsu thing. Me being from Texas, I just don't understand bison pride.
After the kansas game bisonville was on top of the world. Look at it now. These coaches and kids have been working their ass off.

Best post of the year!! I too am tired of the negativity. I have been a Bison fan for only about a year and this is not what I thought a Bison fan is.
Maybe I should not read Bisonville. :hide:

SDbison
10-21-2010, 03:51 AM
I don't know ol ball coach, but he has a great point. Some people on this board have lost it. The negative crap posted everyday just gets old
Sorry a-hole the team just sucks and that is due to lack of good coaching. Its so obvious. Prove me wrong but I doubt it!

4mcruenomore
10-21-2010, 03:52 AM
I am far from a fairweather fan, who else was in the stands in the FFD back in 1994 and 1995, 5,000 fans for Auggie? Etc......But, besides a couple of big wins, we haven't been relevant since 2000, heck, 1990 IMO. I think that there are just some of us that are tired of losing.

don't quote me on the exact year or ticket sales, I just remember walking right in 2 minutes before kick off and the place was DEAD, many times over that year.

HerdBot
10-21-2010, 03:56 AM
Sorry a-hole the team just sucks and that is due to lack of good coaching. Its so obvious. Prove me wrong but I doubt it!

I'm just as passionate about the team as you are but let me ask you this.

How does trashing the organization from top to bottom help the situation?
What good can come from it?

4mcruenomore
10-21-2010, 04:02 AM
Does anybody else remember the 2003 season UND game?

SDbison
10-21-2010, 04:04 AM
I'm just as passionate about the team as you are but let me ask you this.

How does trashing the organization from top to bottom help the situation?
What good can come from it?
Get rid of the deadweight.......great corporations do it all the time. Too much complacency with this once proud Bison football team. The pride is now less than what SDSU has moved up to. The winning tradition is long since dead. Bohl is a loser. If you don't believe me now you will later.

NDSUstudent
10-21-2010, 04:06 AM

Yeah, Steffes got hurt. We got down early, made a nice comeback, lost in OT getting stopped on 4th and short to lose it.

4mcruenomore
10-21-2010, 04:17 AM
Bohl can't win rivalry games, that's the moral of the story. He'd rather smile with his $500 suit on and hot wife, be gone. Sorry, just disappointed.

TheBisonator
10-21-2010, 04:18 AM
After we win on Saturday, everyone on this board will be cu**ing all over this team again. Then if we lose to Southern Illinois, it's back to whinnying and bleating again. Then we win back the Marker the next week, and everyone's a screaming fanboy again. Then Missouri State....

Bipolar Disorder. Look it up.

4mcruenomore
10-21-2010, 04:22 AM
After we win on Saturday, everyone on this board will be cu**ing all over this team again. Then if we lose to Southern Illinois, it's back to whinnying and bleating again. Then we win back the Marker the next week, and everyone's a screaming fanboy again. Then Missouri State....

I guess I'd just like a playoff win in the FFD. That's all I ask.

SDbison
10-21-2010, 04:24 AM

Bisonator you are so full of shit.......I saw your sky is falling posts all over the game day thread last week. You are the one with the disorder!

4mcruenomore
10-21-2010, 04:29 AM
Most people currently in college, and most fans don't even realize that Bohl lost against UND. I would just like to bring that to light. In fact, talked to a student today, had no clue, and when he heard that he lost, was disgusted.

SDbison
10-21-2010, 04:31 AM
Most people currently in college, and most fans don't even realize that Bohl lost against UND. I would just like to bring that to light. In fact, talked to a student today, had no clue, and when he heard that he lost, was disgusted.
Bohl sucks! He just plain sucks. Kick his ass out now!

MNLonghorn10
10-21-2010, 04:32 AM
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/337/zzzzzwhatwh4.gif

Bison_Backer
10-21-2010, 04:32 AM
Bring back the veer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SDbison
10-21-2010, 04:37 AM
Bring back the veer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring back the winning tradition.

HerdBot
10-21-2010, 04:39 AM
Get rid of the deadweight.......great corporations do it all the time. Too much complacency with this once proud Bison football team. The pride is now less than what SDSU has moved up to. The winning tradition is long since dead. Bohl is a loser. If you don't believe me now you will later.

Just so I understand your post. I asked you what good comes from criticism. You replied to get rid of Bohl? If he continues down the same path he won't be here anyway. That will take care of itself. But I tell you one thing... if we lose on Saturday I'll probably jump on board with you. I don't buy this crap about how good ISU is. It's just a preperation excuse in case we lose.

4mcruenomore
10-21-2010, 04:44 AM
Just so I understand your post. I asked you what good comes from criticism. You replied to get rid of Bohl? If he continues down the same path he won't be here anyway. That will take care of itself. But I tell you one thing... if we lose on Saturday I'll probably jump on board with you. I don't buy this crap about how good ISU is. It's just a preperation excuse in case we lose.

It will be a whale of a game, cue the awesome suit and hot wife doing photo ops for scheels in ndsu gear...............

Retired Ol' Ball Coach
10-21-2010, 05:14 AM
Same coach with two 10-1 seasons. It must be the kids. like the one that was the player of the year in ND a year ago. Is he still on the team. This tell me a lot about football in ND. Now tell me this, are u still wondering why DJ is the starting rb. All those post u started bashing Dj. I think it was about 4 or 5. Mybe u can start DJ's fan club for the walter payton award next year, cost u dam sure don't no anything about football. O, and those bill boards around town with the kid with the number 8 on the uniform. Since nobody in bisonville wanted to say it; I will.
This the true leader of the bisons.

4mcruenomore
10-21-2010, 05:17 AM
Player of the year in ND last year was not DJ, and he has to still prove something to compare to the likes of Steffes, Roehl, or Satter, sorry bud. Typical Texas "star", look at me, look at me. Bring your lunch pail son, this is NDSU FOOTBALL. Steffes was from AA ND HS football and he rocked it, and was humble. Plus I could understand him in the post game interviews.

56BISON73
10-21-2010, 05:21 AM
Same coach with two 10-1 seasons. It must be the kids. like the one that was the player of the year in ND a year ago. Is he still on the team. This tell me a lot about football in ND. Now tell me this, are u still wondering why DJ is the starting rb. All those post u started bashing Dj. I think it was about 4 or 5. Mybe u can start DJ's fan club for the walter payton award next year, cost u dam sure don't no anything about football. O, and those bill boards around town with the kid with the number 8 on the uniform. Since nobody in bisonville wanted to say it; I will.

Are you DJs towel boy? FYI its BISON not bisons.

4mcruenomore
10-21-2010, 05:23 AM
I am starting to believe this is actually DJ himself.

4mcruenomore
10-21-2010, 05:29 AM
As I look back, kind of taking this as a shot:

It must be the kids. like the one that was the player of the year in ND a year ago. Is he still on the team. This tell me a lot about football in ND

So, what exactly do you mean here? If football in ND is so bad, maybe you should give back your full ride and head back down south. I'm sure Ryan can fill the space. Sheesh. And I'm the one on moderation.

tony
10-21-2010, 05:35 AM
... And I'm the one on moderation.

Seriously? You haven't been on moderation for at least a week.

4mcruenomore
10-21-2010, 05:36 AM
hahahaha, oh?, just messin!!!!

gotts
10-21-2010, 05:36 AM
Seriously? You haven't been on moderation for at least a week.

Someone missed his parole hearing!

4mcruenomore
10-21-2010, 05:38 AM
Sorry, I don't like the shot about ND football. If it sucks so bad here, and you are so great, you shouldn't accept a free ride here then. We have plenty of other players. That post was disgusting IMFO.

HerdBot
10-21-2010, 05:49 AM
Are you DJs towel boy? FYI its BISON not bisons.

It's not breasts. It's breastesess

ndsubison1
10-21-2010, 06:38 AM
I didn't know where to tack this but thought it was interesting. Shows how quickly a program can slide and how murky the
reasons can be. Hope some of you enjoy it.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20101020/ARTICLES/101029997/1136?Title=What-s-happened-to-the-Gators-

They lost 10 draft picks and 13 starters, that is why they are down this year...

mgbison
10-21-2010, 06:46 AM
I can guarantee you ol ball coach isn't DJ. Go ask any former player in say the past 10 years what they think about most people on bisonville. It's probably not the answer you'd want.

ndsubison1
10-21-2010, 06:47 AM
I will give Bohl the chance to right the ship in the next 4 games. If we finish 7-4 or better he should stay. Anything less he should be gone.

mgbison
10-21-2010, 06:56 AM
i agree with the 7-4 statement. I think limiting turnovers is gonna be the key.

We just need to hang on and pull out a victory this weekend. The bye week couldn't have came at a better time. If we have a healthy Gratzek and Vandal for the SIU and SDSU games I like our chances.

Esp Gratzek, he's just that good. He's probably the one guy on the defensive side of the ball that we didn't want to lose. It sucks having to go freshman, freshman, freshman, junior on the dline. Those interior guys just aren't big enough to be on the field together all the time.

Retired Ol' Ball Coach
10-21-2010, 10:49 AM
As I look back, kind of taking this as a shot:

It must be the kids. like the one that was the player of the year in ND a year ago. Is he still on the team. This tell me a lot about football in ND

So, what exactly do you mean here? If football in ND is so bad, maybe you should give back your full ride and head back down south. I'm sure Ryan can fill the space. Sheesh. And I'm the one on moderation.
this was a shot at u and the rest of bv that write all this bullshit and to say you have bison pride. Bv, go back to all the things that 4mrcue has posted about DJ and the coaches. Is this shit bison pride. As for bisonfan11. You show your bison pride well

Mr. Burgundy
10-21-2010, 11:34 AM

I love the Ol' Ball Coach. Dude gets it. Some of this stuff is just beyond me. Either get on the bus and stay on....or get off. Such a joke. Thanks for the post Ol' Ball Coach (THE OBC from now on), your posts are much appreciated.

Bison11.....I am sorry, but you simply don't get it.

Mr. Burgundy
10-21-2010, 11:37 AM

Hey SD, how about you relax, take a Jag bomb and realize that we are 4-3 and still ranked. How about you for once try to see the Jag bomb half full instead of half empty. My goodness. Life is too short bro.

What did you think our record would be after 7 games this year? Be honest.

Ok, so now that you realize that 4-3 is about what you expected, please realize that if we can get to 7 wins, we are in the playoff hunt, which is EXACTLY what we wanted after a 3 win shitshow last year.

I am not fully endorsing our staff or anything, but I am 100% committed to the young men that put on the helmet and give it their all every Saturday.

All the negativity in this town stinks (Rick Pitino)

I am sick of this sight going up and down after each game. Time to be a diehard and get on the wagon or off.

Mr. Burgundy
10-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Bohl can't win rivalry games, that's the moral of the story. He'd rather smile with his $500 suit on and hot wife, be gone. Sorry, just disappointed.

So he married well and has a deal with a major teammaker. Stay classy. Woke up this morning and realized I was sick of people that post like this. We are two days from kickoff and we are divided. If you were a fan "back in the day" you should choose to be a fan now or find another hobby.

BisoninNWMN
10-21-2010, 11:40 AM

LOL.....ya, you must be the ultimate FB guru, right??

Bohl needs to get it done period. NDSU should not be or ever be a half-assed FB team. If he or the other coaches cannot get the team ready for this game or the next 3 considering we control our own destiny, then maybe GT better re-evaluate our FB team/coaches.

Mr. Burgundy
10-21-2010, 11:45 AM
LOL.....ya, you must be the ultimate FB guru, right??

Bohl needs to get it done period. NDSU should not be or ever be a half-assed FB team. If he or the other coaches cannot get the team ready for this game or the next 3 considering we control our own destiny, then maybe GT better re-evaluate our FB team/coaches.

Very good post NWMN, I agree with you. See you in the stands!

I will defend the OBC in that he has been posting since DJ came, is a former coach and D1 coach who is recently retired and the one time I was upset with him was when he didn't think that DJ would retire and thought he should instantly start.....well, years later he talked about how GREAT Tyler Roehl was, a great leader, a fiery competitor, and how DJ learned from these great backs. He has also learned what Bison Pride is. He understands and is on board with supporting our young men.

I like it.

BisoninNWMN
10-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Hey SD, how about you relax, take a Jag bomb and realize that we are 4-3 and still ranked. How about you for once try to see the Jag bomb half full instead of half empty. My goodness. Life is too short bro.

What did you think our record would be after 7 games this year? Be honest.

Ok, so now that you realize that 4-3 is about what you expected, please realize that if we can get to 7 wins, we are in the playoff hunt, which is EXACTLY what we wanted after a 3 win shitshow last year.

I am not fully endorsing our staff or anything, but I am 100% committed to the young men that put on the helmet and give it their all every Saturday.

All the negativity in this town stinks (Rick Pitino)

I am sick of this sight going up and down after each game. Time to be a diehard and get on the wagon or off.

Hey, Burgundy......Fans can criticize-bitch-complain all they want....part of being a fan.

Frustration is the word to use. The Bison program should be one that reloads every year not have continued yrs of mediocrity.

Yes, we control our own destiny this year. Now the coaches better damn well get the players ready for these last 4 games.......he**, a 4 game winning streak puts us into the playoffs. If the teams slides into a 4 game losing streak or loses 3 out of 4 then IMO the coaches need to be re-evaluated.

Get it done.

BisoninNWMN
10-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Very good post NWMN, I agree with you. See you in the stands!

I will defend the OBC in that he has been posting since DJ came, is a former coach and D1 coach who is recently retired and the one time I was upset with him was when he didn't think that DJ would retire and thought he should instantly start.....well, years later he talked about how GREAT Tyler Roehl was, a great leader, a fiery competitor, and how DJ learned from these great backs. He has also learned what Bison Pride is. He understands and is on board with supporting our young men.

I like it.

You bet....I'll see ya.

Yep, DJ proved me wrong with his heart and desire this year. I didn't think he would get it done and he has.....I'll eat my plate of crow.

I'll I'm saying is that we have 3 home games in a row....now if the coaches cannot get the players to play at a high level for these games, considering we could potentially get into the playoffs, then GT needs to do some re-evaluation...

We are all passionate fans on here and do not all agree all the time but we should never......NEVER....settle for mediocrity.

Kudos to you, Burgundy.

bisoneer
10-21-2010, 12:43 PM
I think to be successful in the MVC a team needs to have a lot of depth and 2 or 3 big play people on each side of the ball. Last night on the radio the Indiana St. sportscast person said they picked it up a few notches by recruiting for depth and bringing in DI fbs players.

Herd80
10-21-2010, 01:11 PM
I can guarantee you ol ball coach isn't DJ. Go ask any former player in say the past 10 years what they think about most people on bisonville. It's probably not the answer you'd want.

It wouldn't be too surprising if former players, former BV'ers, current BV'ers or anyone with a brain and fondness for Bison football doesn't think much of this place; its become a freakshow of pissing, moaning, negativity, name-calling and gossip.

Yeah, I get it; we're fans and we have a right to bitch. Yep, free country. It's just too damn bad that a formerly interesting, generally supportive and positive place has become a cesspool of childish idiocy and/or bullying in too many cases.

And, finally...I also get that I don't need to read or respond to this shit. Don't need any of you rocket scientists (and you know who you are)to remind me of that.

aces1180
10-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Remember when a lot of the so-called "experts" picked NDSU to get 4 wins all year?

This squad has a legitimate chance to win 3 of 4 and end up with a 7-4 record.

We have a lot of young talent, who with time, will continue to grow and become better players.

Yes, there are some adjustments that need to be made, but that what football is all about. We have yet to play a perfect game this year, and I hope that happens.

Right now, there are 3 home games in a row coming up and its time to cheer like its the first game of the year.

Like I have written in other threads, if I can't be excited for the next game, whatever game it is, what's the point of even going? I've seen enough of this squad to know that there is a lot of potential, some which just hasn't been fully unleashed yet.

Let's go Bison!

NDSUstudent
10-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Agreed. One week we are the greatest ever, the next week fire everybody. Now nobody is allowed to be positive without getting some smart ass remark thrown back at them.

I don't care if people want to be negative but forgive me if I don't want to stand under your dark and gloomy rain cloud for the rest of the season. All I wanted to see this year is improvement, I'll wait until the end of the season before saying if we have improved enough.

But until then I'll be watching and supporting the team. These guys bust their butt all year to play football for NDSU, that is the least I can do.

CAS4127
10-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Agreed. One week we are the greatest ever, the next week fire everybody. Now nobody is allowed to be positive without getting some smart ass remark thrown back at them.

I don't care if people want to be negative but forgive me if I don't want to stand under your dark and gloomy rain cloud for the rest of the season. All I wanted to see this year is improvement, I'll wait until the end of the season before saying if we have improved enough.

But until then I'll be watching and supporting the team. These guys bust their butt all year to play football for NDSU, that is the least I can do.

It's called keeping things in perspective whether it is a win, loss, negative post or positive post. The highs (wins/positive posts) are never as good as they seem, and the lows (losses/negative posts) are never as bad as they seem. I personally get more tired of those who go freaking crazy if we win one in a row, I mean, keep things in perspective. As for the losses, those would be easier to digest if we hadn't seen so many over the last several years, especially the consistent way in which they seem to occur (think poor coaching, lack of discline, lack of intensity, lack of focus, lack of leadership or a combination of one, more or all of them or others). It is frustrating when you bleed green and yellow to see that. And I am sorry, well, I guess I am not, if you don't like constructive criticism-type posts, don't read them or, alternatively, if you do, keep them in perpsective--just sayin!! Oh, and there are times when people just need a place to vent, so give them a break just as most give those with a "pie in the sky" attitude a break.

Bison"FANatic"
10-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Last year we would have been ecstatic to be 4-3 at this point in the season. We can't forget that last year at this time we were 1-6 and looked like we should be playing in the NAII. This team looks a whole lot better than last years team. Do we have work to do, heck ya you can't give up just about 1000 yards in two games and think everything is hunky dory. Our offense looks better and more balanced than last year, the D looks as though they are playing with intensity (except for the last game). Remember how you just expected everyone to throw on our D backfield last year at will. That is not the case this year, we are improving.

SDbison
10-21-2010, 02:48 PM
It's called keeping things in perspective whether it is a win, loss, negative post or positive post. The highs (wins/positive posts) are never as good as they seem, and the lows (losses/negative posts) are never as bad as they seem. I personally get more tired of those who go freaking crazy if we win one in a row, I mean, keep things in perspective. As for the losses, those would be easier to digest if we hadn't seen so many over the last several years, especially the consistent way in which they seem to occur (think poor coaching, lack of discline, lack of intensity, lack of focus, lack of leadership or a combination of one, more or all of them or others). It is frustrating when you bleed green and yellow to see that. And I am sorry, well, I guess I am not, if you don't like constructive criticism-type posts, don't read them or, alternatively, if you do, keep them in perpsective--just sayin!! Oh, and there are times when people just need a place to vent, so give them a break just as most give those with a "pie in the sky" attitude a break.
This sums it all up. Great post CAS!

WYOBISONMAN
10-21-2010, 02:51 PM

Well put. Internet boards are reactionary places.....LOL! I think people get a bit manic on here so their wives don't kick them out of the house after a win/loss.:D For good entertainment, go read the Griz Board right after the Griz piss a game down their leg....

Grizzled
10-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Remember when a lot of the so-called "experts" picked NDSU to get 4 wins all year?

We have a lot of young talent, who with time, will continue to grow and become better players.

Yes, there are some adjustments that need to be made, but that what football is all about. We have yet to play a perfect game this year, and I hope that happens.

Right now, there are 3 home games in a row coming up and its time to cheer like its the first game of the year.

Like I have written in other threads, if I can't be excited for the next game, whatever game it is, what's the point of even going? I've seen enough of this squad to know that there is a lot of potential, some which just hasn't been fully unleashed yet.

Let's go Bison!

I think a lot of the frustration from posters on this board is because we have been saying since 2000 how much young talent we have. Its always we have a lot of young talent that will continue to grow.

I am very patient and just enjoy watching games and don't miss many home or away but I also don't have any problems with anyone who is ready to jump off a cliff after a game or during the season. I look at it this way... As a former player I know that the players expect to win every game they play. So why can't the fans?

tcbison
10-21-2010, 03:12 PM
To me the worst is the conference record. Granted it was great to beat Kansas, but being 1-3 in the conference is what really hurts. The other thing is we need to start winning at home. These next games can surely help with that. These next home games will determine if this is a good season or not. When was the last good home conference win NDSU had? Must have been SIU game a couple of years ago.

runtheoption
10-21-2010, 03:48 PM
I look at it this way... As a former player I know that the players expect to win every game they play. So why can't the fans?

This is one of the more insightful comments I've heard on here in awhile. Excellent post!

CAS4127
10-21-2010, 03:50 PM
So why can't the fans? Cuz they, or at least this one, can't play anymore. When I did, I expected to win tho!

semobison
10-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Entertaining read this morning! Reinforces the fact that fan is short for fanatic! There has been some improvement this year! Bottom line...if we can start stopping the run, we can win 3 maybe 4 more games! If not...this shit continues!

runtheoption
10-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Cuz they, or at least this one, can't play anymore. When I did, I expected to win tho!

If it wasn't for football, I would not be playing football today... :)

MHDBisonfan
10-21-2010, 04:18 PM
I don't feel it's fair to say that posters here who criticize the team are somehow not true fans or don't have Bison pride or whatever else was being said. Some of us on here have a 25+ year perspective on Bison fb and have been going to Bison games since before some of your mommies met your daddies. I'm not saying that makes us better fans or more knowledgeable fans, but we just have a different perspective.

Many on here are saying 7-4 would be a good season. Some of us remember when 7-4 would have been an embarrassment, or at least a disappointment, so forgive us if we are not doing cartwheels because we MIGHT go 7-4.

Some of us have experieced the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP teams and are not satisfied because 4-3 is an improvement from 1-6. That's like when gas stations charge $4+ for a gallon of gas for a few months, then when it comes back down to $3.25 everyone is saying "oh gee, thats not such a bad price".

I went to NDSU, I love the Bison, I bleed green and gold, I go to every home game and many away games. I don't think that means I can't ever criticize the players or coaches IF they aren't performing to a championship level. That doesn't mean they are going to win the championship every year, that isn't a reasonable expectation, but I think it IS reasonable to expect them to perform at that championship level every year.

Ok, end of soapbox, go ahead and flame away.

GO BISON!

Retired Ol' Ball Coach
10-21-2010, 04:43 PM
We're talking about bison pride. Every fan has the right to say what ever they want; but to say, you bleed green and gold. Come on man. Then you throw the constructive criticism shit out there. Lack of leadership, lack of intensity, lack of discpline,lack of focus,poor coaching. These are things people talk about,but don't really know the true meaning when it come to football. It's coach Bohl fought that the qb had 5 turnovers,3 in the red zone? It's the coaches fought that the d has given up 500 yds on the ground the last 2 game. I have watched every game for the last 5 years ,and I'm not talking about on a 12"screen on go bison or in the dome; with half the fans shit face drunk. I think these coach have done a hell of a job with what they have to work with. Those juco kids or those D1 rejects that most of bv is talking about their not getting; they are all looking for a hand out. For a coach to say; come to my program and u can starte for my team without working for it. That's the kind of bison pride bisonville is looking for. True bison pride is,staying with your team through the good years and the bad years. Anything else is just a fair weather fan.

CAS4127
10-21-2010, 04:53 PM
but to say, you bleed green and gold. Come on man. Then you throw the constructive criticism shit out there. Lack of leadership, lack of intensity, lack of discpline,lack of focus,poor coaching. These are things people talk about,but don't really know the true meaning when it come to football.

I believe I said that, and am quite comfortable in having done so. BTW, (which, btw, in an acronym for "by the way", FYI) it says nothing about "True bison pride is,staying with your team through the good years and the bad years." Perhaps, however, you had a difficult time understanding that given the spelling and gramatical errors in your BS post. Don't call me out on Bison Pride today, or ever for that matter.

HerdBot
10-21-2010, 05:10 PM
To me the worst is the conference record. Granted it was great to beat Kansas, but being 1-3 in the conference is what really hurts. The other thing is we need to start winning at home. These next games can surely help with that. These next home games will determine if this is a good season or not. When was the last good home conference win NDSU had? Must have been SIU game a couple of years ago.

Makes me believe we are under achieving. If we are good enough to beat the F-ing Kansas Jayhawks and hold them to a field goal and force turnovers, it is completely unacceptable to allow 35 points and 500 yards to anyone.

Im optimistic because I KNOW we have the skills and talent to win the last 4 games. If we can do it. Great! If we can't we may need to take a hard look at how we do things.

Until we lose im going to be pumped up. Negativity does not help the cause. Im going to be positive.

Bisonfan1
10-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Makes me believe we are under achieving. If we are good enough to beat the F-ing Kansas Jayhawks and hold them to a field goal and force turnovers, it is completely unacceptable to allow 35 points and 500 yards to anyone.

Im optimistic because I KNOW we have the skills and talent to win the last 4 games. If we can do it. Great! If we can't we may need to take a hard look at how we do things.

Until we lose im going to be pumped up. Negativity does not help the cause. Im going to be positive.

OK Gabe, im with you, VICTORY SATURDAY is the ONLY OPTION !!! GO BISON !! Im as pumped up as CAS4127 on 10 cups of coffee !! The rig is allready pointed east.

steelbison
10-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Best post of the year!! I too am tired of the negativity. I have been a Bison fan for only about a year and this is not what I thought a Bison fan is.
Maybe I should not read Bisonville. :hide:

Trust me, the negativity this board exudes does not even come close to represent most fans.

Unfortunately they think this helps the program...:banghead:

steelbison
10-21-2010, 05:21 PM
It will be a whale of a game, cue the awesome suit and hot wife doing photo ops for scheels in ndsu gear...............

Sounds like your jealous...what's your point??

CAS4127
10-21-2010, 05:23 PM
By Gabe:
Negativity does not help the cause. Im going to be positive

There is actually a scientific basis for Gabe's position--using nanoscientific methods/means to control human behavoir. How about BV givin it a try this weekend--not sure there is enough of us to control the outcome of the game and may be illegal, but, what the hell, it will be our own little secret.

Grizzled
10-21-2010, 05:31 PM
We're talking about bison pride. Every fan has the right to say what ever they want; but to say, you bleed green and gold. Come on man. Then you throw the constructive criticism shit out there. Lack of leadership, lack of intensity, lack of discpline,lack of focus,poor coaching. These are things people talk about,but don't really know the true meaning when it come to football. It's coach Bohl fought that the qb had 5 turnovers,3 in the red zone? It's the coaches fought that the d has given up 500 yds on the ground the last 2 game. I have watched every game for the last 5 years ,and I'm not talking about on a 12"screen on go bison or in the dome; with half the fans shit face drunk. I think these coach have done a hell of a job with what they have to work with. Those juco kids or those D1 rejects that most of bv is talking about their not getting; they are all looking for a hand out. For a coach to say; come to my program and u can starte for my team without working for it. That's the kind of bison pride bisonville is looking for. True bison pride is,staying with your team through the good years and the bad years. Anything else is just a fair weather fan.

Please enlighten me what more our coaches need?

Compare our program, facilities, coaching salaries to the teams we play and even those at a higher level. They clearly are not lacking anything. And to answer your questions, yes, it is a coaches FAULT that the defense is performing poorly. At least that is what coach Bohl said last year when he fired the last D coordinator.

Facts
10-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Question: State of Bison Football?
Answer: North Dakota

What do I win? :bow:

CAS4127
10-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Question: State of Bison Football?
Answer: North Dakota

What do I win? :bow:

http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/babyhaha.gif I love sarcastic-based humor, and, ya, it was getting a little intense here, wasn't it? You can tell gameday is approaching.

SDbison
10-21-2010, 06:50 PM
http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/babyhaha.gif I love sarcastic-based humor, and, ya, it was getting a little intense here, wasn't it? You can tell gameday is approaching.
CAS, a jagbomb is waiting for you at the Horny Bison tailgate.

BlueBisonRock
10-21-2010, 07:21 PM

You hit the proverbial nail on the head! Problem is that a number of posts veer (love the veer) from constructive critisism to out and out negative ranting. :ranting: When I read these selected posts, I can literally see the veins standing out on the poster's head. :mad:

Fact based posts that minimize the emotion help folks on BV. Tirades and rants really sour the BV experience. :(

Then, there is the bipolar BV 'personas'. Bison win and the team is the greatest show on earth. Lose and the world is ending. Yes, I do recognize that there are some who do not fit this definition and will find an excuse to bitch after every game. Note: Bitch! This is ranting without offering up any constructive critism or thoughts of improvement. (BTW, 'fire the coach' or 'bench the bum' do not qualify as constructive critism although in the case of the Gophers, this was all that was left.).

One poster that gets this and is trying to make a difference is KyRo. How many folks in BV can recognize when the crap in the cesspool is getting too high and will provide a relief valve. Sometimes you have a bit too much love Kyle, but it is Bison love and you support a positive outlook all the same. I respect this.

Burgandy, you sat there for a while (like me perhaps a bit too long), then said "enough of this!" A great post followed!

SD, I enjoy and appreciate about 80 percent of your posts. You have some damn good insight. I do see you letting your emotions take hold and then augering down. And you are an intense person. I don't think Phil Hansen in his prime could get past your intensity whether you are going down the right or the wrong path. If you approach posting like you approach a conversation, all of us will benefit and we will learn a few more choice bunny names.

I suggest before posting with the typical kid in the basement approach that each of us spend a minute thinking, then post as if we are in a face to face conversation. Not only would this be more 'professional', we would all benefit from the information exchange!

BTW, CAS. This post is not directed at you. You put the key phrase out there. I took it as an opportunity. TAB, no boa jokes today. I am attempting to follow my own advice and be objective. Tatanka, we gotta do some Sonic.

silkamilkamonico
10-21-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't understand this thread really.

NDSU football is what it is. We're simply trying to find an identity of being successful. We haven't been successful since the FargoDome opened. We have yet to host a playoff game in the FD. How many playoff games have we won since 1990, or better yet 1994?

I'm not really sure why people think we should be acting like we're on the success level of a program like Montana. We aren't anywhere near that level, and haven't been for almost 20 years.

BlueBisonRock
10-21-2010, 07:31 PM
By Gabe:

There is actually a scientific basis for Gabe's position--using nanoscientific methods/means to control human behavoir. How about BV givin it a try this weekend--not sure there is enough of us to control the outcome of the game and may be illegal, but, what the hell, it will be our own little secret.

Absolutely correct! There is significant emperical evidence out there. And if you think about your work situation (boss or bottom of the pile) you can follow the arguement from your own perspective.

People tend to live up to or down to the expectations others have for them. For an example, think through your last performance review. Were you told (or telling) that your actions were totally ignorant? Or were the mistakes made framed in a manner to help the employee improve?

There is a big difference between "Damn that was stupid!" and "Yep, that was a big mistake. Others have made the same mistake. Here is how they improved and were able to move forward."

bisonfan11
10-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Okay then, I was wrong for posting this. Are you happy Retired Old Ball Coach? Maybe I need to shill out a little. We do have a good team, it sure would be good if we could go 7-4. I hope we pla) well on Saturday. Oh yeah, and to the other posters I offended I'm sorry as well. I guess I got too wrapped up in the ISU-Red loss. I won't let this happen again.

CAS4127
10-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Okay then, I was wrong for posting this. Are you happy Retired Old Ball Coach? Maybe I need to shill out a little. We do have a good team, it sure would be good if we could go 7-4. I hope we pla) well on Saturday. Oh yeah, and to the other posters I offended I'm sorry as well. I guess I got too wrapped up in the ISU-Red loss. I won't let this happen again.

bf11, I hope to God you are not serious.

Blue: This
People tend to live up to or down to the expectations others have for them. ain't nanoscience but, nonetheless, I tend to agree.

THEsocalledfan
10-21-2010, 09:14 PM
I suggest before posting with the typical kid in the basement approach that each of us spend a minute thinking, then post as if we are in a face to face conversation. Not only would this be more 'professional', we would all benefit from the information exchange!

Heavy alcohol use before posting is also discouraged.....

Not that I'd have any personal experience with that.....

HerdBot
10-21-2010, 10:44 PM
By Gabe:

That's actually pretty funny.

4mcruenomore
10-22-2010, 01:43 AM
I'm just frustrated, what can I say, and sometimes I get out of line. Bipolar fan? Yes. I think we can all agree though that we can't wait til game day!!

lakesbison
10-22-2010, 04:11 AM
If NDSU wants to be relevant again , they HAVE TO WIN OUT.

period.

BisoninNWMN
10-22-2010, 11:16 AM

Apologize to whom??

You're frustrated like many others on here. Some have made good points on here but if this team keeps its downward slide into mediocrity then we'll see how BV reacts.

No need to apologize for venting.

aces1180
10-22-2010, 01:12 PM
If NDSU wants to be relevant again , they HAVE TO WIN OUT.

period.

NDSU is always relevant with die-hard fans.....It's the bandwagon jumpers you are concerned about, no?

344Johnson
10-22-2010, 03:43 PM

Too well...... :( why is it that NDSU really struggledwith und the last ten or so years of the rivalry? We had much better players.

Fightin' Bison
10-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Too well...... :( why is it that NDSU really struggledwith und the last ten or so years of the rivalry? We had much better players.

Because NDSU didn't have much better players.

Facts
10-22-2010, 05:25 PM

glad you enjoyed the humor... :confused:

CAS4127
10-22-2010, 05:41 PM
glad you enjoyed the humor... :confused:

I understand: Just the "Facts", mam, just the "Facts"

Facts
10-22-2010, 08:33 PM
I understand: Just the "Facts", mam, just the "Facts"

;) ten char

tjbison
11-22-2013, 03:21 PM

It's funny to read old threads, I'm sure there is something like this I said also

NDSUBowler
11-22-2013, 03:24 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

aces1180
11-22-2013, 03:51 PM

Let's go Bison!

Patting myself of the back for my positivity! :cool::bow:

bisonmike2
11-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Patting myself of the back for my positivity! :cool::bow:

Nice job. I'm scared to look back at some of my post from that era. I'm sure I had more than a few jackoff post from back then.

aces1180
11-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Nice job. I'm scared to look back at some of my post from that era. I'm sure I had more than a few jackoff post from back then.

Oh, I agree...My concern would be some of my drunken GDT posts. :paperbag:

bisonmike2
11-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Oh, I agree...My concern would be some of my drunken GDT posts. :paperbag:

Yeah same here. I vaguely remember having a couple of Merten meltdowns.

BISONBRI53
11-22-2013, 04:18 PM
HAHA!! This is awesome reading all these old posts!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! FIRE THE COACH AND HIS HOT WIFE!!! DJ SUCKS!!! HAHA!!!! :rofl:

TransAmBison
11-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Nice job. I'm scared to look back at some of my post from that era. I'm sure I had more than a few jackoff post from back then.You shouldn't prolly ever even look back one day if that is your fear... :)

jimmyptubas
11-22-2013, 04:34 PM
All of this was before my BV time so it's even more interesting.

bisonmike2
11-22-2013, 04:43 PM
You shouldn't prolly ever even look back one day if that is your fear... :)

Maybe I should change my sig line. "Bisonmike: Each post is dumber than the last."