PDA

View Full Version : Bohl Presser

The Lost Dutchman
10-18-2010, 07:52 PM
We even get a Gopher question for the Coach, http://740thefan.com/uploads/BOHL%20PRESSER%20October%2018.mp3

roadwarrior
10-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Was it a "WHALE" of a game?

I'm not going to listen.

SDbison
10-18-2010, 07:59 PM
I will not listn either. Tired of Bohls excuses and whining about how he can't do his job because everybody else is so competitive. Well then get the frick better with your team Bohl. You are one of the highest paid and you are underachieving. Get better or get out.

tony
10-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Actually he said, "Yeah, we have injuries but so does everybody else." He repeated this a couple times during the press conference.

Apparently Preston only practised one day last week. Matt Veldman, Matt Gratzek, and Matt Anderson are all probably out. Lee Vandal might play. Probably some other guys out since it would be weird if it was only guys named "Matt" not playing.

He said the defense was not doing a very good job of gap control - which is obviously disappointing this late in the season.

Mr. Burgundy
10-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Interesting note from the Presser was that AGAIN we will play against a bigtime transfer player. U of Washington has a stud playing for Indiana State. We are completely missing the boat on not WANTING to take on transfers. I am sick of people think that these are bad kids. MOST OF THESE KIDS JUST WANT TO PLAY. Every week we play against kids that have started at bigtime schools and transferred down to the Mo Valley. Last week they had kids from all over the place. Kids want to go bigtime, get stuck in a numbers game, and at some point want to play.

NDSU can offer the best facilities in our conference, a great school, probably one of the largest markets if not the largest in our conference and we NEVER take on these kids. I personally think we need a change in judgement on them. Don't take kids at risk, take kids that fall through the cracks and want to play.

tony
10-18-2010, 11:00 PM
If you were going to target one position for transfers, which one would it be?

If I had to pick one position, it'd be LB.

56BISON73
10-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Interesting note from the Presser was that AGAIN we will play against a bigtime transfer player. U of Washington has a stud playing for Indiana State. We are completely missing the boat on not WANTING to take on transfers. I am sick of people think that these are bad kids. MOST OF THESE KIDS JUST WANT TO PLAY. Every week we play against kids that have started at bigtime schools and transferred down to the Mo Valley. Last week they had kids from all over the place. Kids want to go bigtime, get stuck in a numbers game, and at some point want to play.

NDSU can offer the best facilities in our conference, a great school, probably one of the largest markets if not the largest in our conference and we NEVER take on these kids. I personally think we need a change in judgement on them. Don't take kids at risk, take kids that fall through the cracks and want to play.

This :nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

BadlandsBison
10-19-2010, 05:32 AM

Ron, do you think Bohl doesn't go after transfers or do transfers not want to come to NDSU?

I hoping its the first one and coach has a change of heart!

ndsubison1
10-19-2010, 05:47 AM

++++++++++++++++++++

ndsubison1
10-19-2010, 06:14 AM
He said the defense was not doing a very good job of gap control - which is obviously disappointing this late in the season.

And that's where missing Matt Gratzek hurts us

Mr. Burgundy
10-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Ron, do you think Bohl doesn't go after transfers or do transfers not want to come to NDSU?

I think it is a little of both. Clearly some schools have a better chance based on location (closer to major schools), but I think it takes a few kids to move to a school for other schools to know that we are a location for a kid to come in, play and win.

Mandan_Herd_Fan
10-19-2010, 01:37 PM

We had the kid from the Illini, Purcell I think. He would of been a player. Had some personal/family problems and had to go home.

CAS4127
10-19-2010, 03:14 PM

Randy Moss was a transfer to Marshall.http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/Feet-Up[1].gif