PDA

View Full Version : Status on Gratzek, Evans and Anderson??

TheBisonator
10-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Those three players. Will any of them be ready to play on Saturday??

(I think I heard either Evans or Anderson - forgot which one - may be out for the season, but I don't know if I remember hearing correctly.)

Thanx in advance.

Grizzled
10-18-2010, 02:40 AM
Anderson won't be back until after the bye.

Gratzek possibly before but an extra week will do him good.

Don't know about Evans.

ndsubison1
10-18-2010, 04:17 AM
What happened to Evans? :banghead: Would hate to see our two best defensive players out (Evans and Gratzek)

tony
10-18-2010, 11:15 AM
What happened to Evans? :banghead: Would hate to see our two best defensive players out (Evans and Gratzek)

He got a stinger two weeks ago and it must be pretty bad because Phil kept mentioning that Preston was not himself at all on Saturday (Evans still managed 11 tackles though.) Jemison is not healthy, Anderson is out, and we all know about Chad's thumb.

stevdock
10-18-2010, 12:24 PM
So our defense is based around our LB's making most of the plays, and with all 4 of our main LB's hurt we wonder why we can't stop the run?? Throw Gratzek in there and we might be lucky if we can stop anyone.

roadwarrior
10-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Bohl said that Gratzek would be playing this weekend, but not nearly full time duty. Anderson will be out this week for sure.

HandoEX
10-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Bohl said that Gratzek would be playing this weekend, but not nearly full time duty. Anderson will be out this week for sure.

I hope Olson keeps maturing! He'll be needed this week for sure.

lakesbison
10-22-2010, 04:14 AM
olson is gonna be a beast.

him and mwill will be stars for the next 3 years.

Grizzled
10-22-2010, 12:09 PM
olson is gonna be a beast.

him and mwill will be stars for the next 3 years.

Olson has to learn to be more aggressive and trust his reads in order to be the star you think he will become. I was at the game last week and he was a bit hesitent. He's not big enough to be physical so he has to trust what he's seeing and fit up aggressively so all his tackles aren't made 7-10 yards down field. Teams are not afraid to run at him right now as he has a hard time getting off blocks and he's not quick enough to get around them. That should come though as he gets stronger but he definately could have used a red shirt year this year.

bisondad
10-22-2010, 01:04 PM
So do we know if Gratzek is good to go yet??

bisontwice
10-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Olson has to learn to be more aggressive and trust his reads in order to be the star you think he will become. I was at the game last week and he was a bit hesitent. He's not big enough to be physical so he has to trust what he's seeing and fit up aggressively so all his tackles aren't made 7-10 yards down field. Teams are not afraid to run at him right now as he has a hard time getting off blocks and he's not quick enough to get around them. That should come though as he gets stronger but he definately could have used a red shirt year this year.

I was called a "prick" by lakes last week for a similar post so I will be interested to see his reply. I agree with your assessment as I was at the game as well and saw the same thing. If he is forced to play again this week they will most likely go after him again until he can prove he can get off blocks and make a tackle where doesn't get run over.

On a more positive note, it looks like Gratz will be back this week but not at 100%.

Grizzled
10-22-2010, 01:18 PM
I was called a "prick" by lakes last week for a similar post so I will be interested to see his reply. I agree with your assessment as I was at the game as well and saw the same thing. If he is forced to play again this week they will most likely go after him again until he can prove he can get off blocks and make a tackle where doesn't get run over.

On a more positive note, it looks like Gratz will be back this week but not at 100%.

Doesn't matter to me. Its an honest assesment, nothing personal. I'd hope the coaches are telling him the same thing. We've been saying for years how many players are going to be stars, we need players that are going to be stars this weekend, than the next, than the next. I could really care less about next year right now.

NDSUstudent
10-22-2010, 02:02 PM
So do we know if Gratzek is good to go yet??

Yep, he will play...

The pulse of the North Dakota State defense is breathing again. Head coach Craig Bohl said Thursday that senior Matt Gratzek will play Saturday against Indiana State.

The defensive tackle has been out the last two games after suffering meniscus damage to his knee against Western Illinois. He underwent a surgical procedure and has already practiced this week.

“It’s going to help at least having his presence back,” Bohl said. “He may not be the same player before he was injured, but he’s certainly going to help. He’s one of the team leaders on the field and that makes a difference.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/295622/group/Sports/

IzzyFlexion
10-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Yep, he will play...

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/295622/group/Sports/

Gratzek will play?
Fantastic! Bison by 90.

HerdBot
10-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Gratzek will play?
Fantastic! Bison by 90.

NAH I'm thinking that's too low.

99Bison
10-23-2010, 01:48 PM

Um, yea I would hope a guy getting first real time as a true freshman will impove as he plays more and over time.

Grizzled
10-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Um, yea I would hope a guy getting first real time as a true freshman will impove as he plays more and over time.

You would sure hope wouldn't you. We do have some guys on our team though that aren't playing much better now than they did when they first got here and some, including myself, proclaimed they would be they would be stars for the next 3 years. Ask anyone whos played and they will tell you stories of guys who never improved.

So, um yea one would hope but its never a sure thing.