PDA

View Full Version : Football, Bohl's employment and Gene Taylor

WYOBISONMAN
10-17-2010, 04:05 PM
I am sure Gene Taylor and our new President are evaluating where our football program is at this point. Gene Taylor is an excellent AD and he has been in this game a long time. He was the guy that really engineered a successful move to DI for NDSU. I will trust and support whatever decision he makes at the end of the season regarding Bohl and his employment or lack there of at NDSU.

If, when the games have all been played, Gene decides that Bohl and Co. need to go. I would say great and let's get on with the future. Also, if Gene feels we need to give them one more year to see how this team matures, I would be OK with that as well. Taylor is in the best position to make such judgements and I think it would be foolish to do anything but support Gene.

I am sure that Gene is not happy with where the Bison program is currently and I am sure that Gene has a good idea where the program needs to go and what needs to be done to improve it. Whatever decision he makes will have my full support. He will do what is in the best interest of NDSU, the fans, and the athletes in the program.

KTF
10-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Do you really expect Bohl to be let go at the end of the year? I don't. IMO, Taylor gives him 1 more year to see where the ship is headed.

What kind of impact would a coaching change have? 2-3 years without playoffs?? (may not get there with Bohl anyway)

Hammersmith
10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
This is meant in a light-hearted way, but...

Can we have Lynn Dorn do the hiring? I mean, who's really got the best track record of choosing coaches at NDSU?

Bison"FANatic"
10-17-2010, 04:52 PM
I am sure Gene Taylor and our new President are evaluating where our football program is at this point. Gene Taylor is an excellent AD and he has been in this game a long time. He was the guy that really engineered a successful move to DI for NDSU. I will trust and support whatever decision he makes at the end of the season regarding Bohl and his employment or lack there of at NDSU.

If, when the games have all been played, Gene decides that Bohl and Co. need to go. I would say great and let's get on with the future. Also, if Gene feels we need to give them one more year to see how this team matures, I would be OK with that as well. Taylor is in the best position to make such judgements and I think it would be foolish to do anything but support Gene.

I am sure that Gene is not happy with where the Bison program is currently and I am sure that Gene has a good idea where the program needs to go and what needs to be done to improve it. Whatever decision he makes will have my full support. He will do what is in the best interest of NDSU, the fans, and the athletes in the program.

reply stolen from the one and only Sambini

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bison_Pride
10-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Bohls updating his resume today for the Gopher job.

Good luck Craig.

TransAmBison
10-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Best of luck Bohl, I hope you get it...that way we can continue to beat the Gophers.

OrygunBison
10-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Don't we have enough posts relating to Bohl's job? Can this be combined with the other thread(s), please?

ndsubison1
10-17-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm just sick of the "sky is falling" posts here on Bisonville. I know it sucks to lose and it is frustrating seeing our team make mistakes and play undisciplined but still a lot of season left. I will judge more when the season is close to over. We can still make something happen. Will be tough, but I guess it's not over til the fat lady sings

KTF
10-18-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm just sick of the "sky is falling" posts here on Bisonville. I know it sucks to lose and it is frustrating seeing our team make mistakes and play undisciplined but still a lot of season left. I will judge more when the season is close to over. We can still make something happen. Will be tough, but I guess it's not over til the fat lady sings

I can hear her warming up in the other room and she keeps getting a bit louder week by week ;-)

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-18-2010, 02:19 AM
Barring a total collapse the rest of the season, Bohl will be back next season. After his current contract expires, I would guess he will be on a year to year contract.

CAS4127
10-18-2010, 07:48 PM
FYI, I was told personally by GT that he/they were hoping to win 8 games this year, but that 7 was the more likely best number they would or could get to. Whether that puts this thread in perspective or not, that's what was said--just sayin!

cbline
10-18-2010, 08:13 PM
I am not "in the know", nor do I have superior football saavy. However, I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so here is my prophecy. :)

Bohl gets one more year with a current younger team who has one more year to mature. If 2011 = more disappointment, he is gone.

SDbison
10-18-2010, 08:19 PM
I am not "in the know", nor do I have superior football saavy. However, I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so here is my prophecy. :)

Bohl gets one more year with a current younger team who has one more year to mature. If 2011 = more disappointment, he is gone.
Does he get another year if the Bison still don't win the conference next year and go 7-4? How much rope does NDSU give this guy? In the meantime the football program is failing. Another year lost if he fails again. BTW, take a look at the schedule for next year. A bunch of tough games!

CAS4127
10-18-2010, 08:21 PM

I agree, but it will be hard for Taylor to keep him if, for example, we go 0-4 and end up at 4-7. God I hope that doesn't happen.

Bison bison
10-18-2010, 08:28 PM
the bison have a pretty decent chance of beating minnesota next year.

that helps ndsu's case for the playoffs. if the bison make it there, bohl stays.

Notorious
10-18-2010, 08:43 PM
is he still here?...jeesh....

TransAmBison
10-18-2010, 08:51 PM
is he still here?...jeesh....
Same could be said for you! :D Been slacking lately...

WYOBISONMAN
10-18-2010, 09:06 PM
I agree, but it will be hard for Taylor to keep him if, for example, we go 0-4 and end up at 4-7. God I hope that doesn't happen.

I doubt we would go 0-4. Things would get damn interesting if we did, however.

tony
10-18-2010, 09:44 PM
The disappointing thing is that recent Bison teams don't seem to improve as the season goes along (at least this year, the offensive line has made big strides since the first game.)

For example, the defense acts like it hasn't ever seen a screen pass before headed into the fifth conference game? Ouch.

A lot of potential on this team - it'd be great to see some of it start being realized, starting this weekend.

To me, the ideal situation would be for the team to start playing better each week. Of course, what I really want is four more wins to end the season to put a damper on the "fire everybody / bench everyboy" talk. Next year: Playoffs. I just don't see how anything less can be acceptable - and I sure hope we make it because I think Bohl has laid a nice foundation around the state and in Minnesota.

bisonfan11
10-19-2010, 12:09 AM
I just hope that Taylor is not going to give Bohl the same kind of slack Maturi gave Brewster (he should have been gone last year IMO). From the little I have heard from Taylor though the media, he is pretty stead fast with staying with Bohl for another year or two (the circumstances would have to be outrageous for Taylor to fire Bohl like a 1-10 season). Anything even mediocre seems at this point to be OKAY with Taylor. All I have to say as a fan is be careful with that attitude otherwise NDSU will start mirroring the Goofers and mediocrity will be awarded. IMO, the only Bohl stays is if the team plays like champions.

Just remember "Shoot for the moon, even if you don't land on the moon you will land on the stars". I know that might sound rather cheesy, but that HAS to be the attitude in the Bison locker room, if that is not the case then the Bison are going into certain games expecting to lose, and that is how they play (for example UNI, WIU, and ISU-Red).

56BISON73
10-19-2010, 12:16 AM
I just hope that Taylor is not going to give Bohl the same kind of slack Maturi gave Brewster (he should have been gone last year IMO). From the little I have heard from Taylor though the media, he is pretty stead fast with staying with Bohl for another year or two (the circumstances would have to be outrageous for Taylor to fire Bohl like a 1-10 season). Anything even mediocre seems at this point to be OKAY with Taylor. All I have to say as a fan is be careful with that attitude otherwise NDSU will start mirroring the Goofers and mediocrity will be awarded. IMO, the only Bohl stays is if the team plays like champions.

Just remember "Shoot for the moon, even if you don't land on the moon you will land on the stars". I know that might sound rather cheesy, but that HAS to be the attitude in the Bison locker room, if that is not the case then the Bison are going into certain games expecting to lose, and that is how they play (for example UNI, WIU, and ISU-Red).

Every great program will have a lull. They usually last 2-4 years. Penn State, Alabama, Auburn, Oklahoma Nebraska, USC , UCLA etc have all gone through it.
You just have to let it come back. Granted sometimes it can be painful.

bisonfan11
10-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Every great program will have a lull. They usually last 2-4 years. Penn State, Alabama, Auburn, Oklahoma Nebraska, USC , UCLA etc have all gone through it.

True, but usually the lull is short lived if the program has a real good coaching staff. I guess I am looking what we did in the Great West compared to the Missouri Valley and the way I see it 1 year is a fluke, 2 years is cause for concern, and 3 years is a trend. This conference is already tough enough and now with the team from the north in DI as well recruiting is only going to get tougher, and the more sub-par seasons we have the less likely-hood that we will land those coveted "game changing" recruits. I just don't want to be in the cellar in the MVC because it will be awfully hard to get out. And yes I know that the Sue are 2-4, but they are still in the transitional phase so some better recruits would be more excited to play for a team that has a chance to get much better after the initial transition period (and I not not saying that as a Sue fan, I am just stating the truth).

56BISON73
10-19-2010, 12:52 AM
True, but usually the lull is short lived if the program has a real good coaching staff. I guess I am looking what we did in the Great West compared to the Missouri Valley and the way I see it 1 year is a fluke, 2 years is cause for concern, and 3 years is a trend. This conference is already tough enough and now with the team from the north in DI as well recruiting is only going to get tougher, and the more sub-par seasons we have the less likely-hood that we will land those coveted "game changing" recruits. I just don't want to be in the cellar in the MVC because it will be awfully hard to get out. And yes I know that the Sue are 2-4, but they are still in the transitional phase so some better recruits would be more excited to play for a team that has a chance to get much better after the initial transition period (and I not not saying that as a Sue fan, I am just stating the truth).

The problems the Bison have experienced in the last couple of years takes time to heal. We had some serious personel problems that had to be let go. There actions had an effect on the teams they were involved with. It takes more than a couple of years to recover. As I posted Many schools go through this as well. The culture doesnt correct itself over night. IMO we are still suffering the hangover. I have no doubt the ship will right itself. But its going to take patience.
Many want it NOW. But it doesnt work that way. From what Ive seen this year we are an improved team. Thats what I was looking for. But we still have a long ways to go.

Lets also not forget that we have had a couple of coaches that just didnt work out very well. That certainly didnt help in the recovery either.

ndsubison1
10-19-2010, 01:24 AM

Dont forget Meechigan

yellowstreak
10-20-2010, 02:58 AM
Barring a total collapse the rest of the season, Bohl will be back next season. After his current contract expires, I would guess he will be on a year to year contract.

when does his contract expire?

IMO we're better off with a mediocre coach that sticks around for 10+ years than a great coach that moves to FBS in two years or a revolving door.

KTF
10-20-2010, 03:05 AM
when does his contract expire?

IMO we're better off with a mediocre coach that sticks around for 10+ years than a great coach that moves to FBS in two years or a revolving door.

Do you think Bohl has what it takes to lead NDSU to a national championship in the next 5 years?

yellowstreak
10-20-2010, 03:31 AM
Do you think Bohl has what it takes to lead NDSU to a national championship in the next 5 years?

2006 or 2007 we could have made a run for the NC. Some would argue those were with Bob Babich recruits. Maybe so, but I don't think 2006/07 would have been as good with Babich as HC.

It's possible we could make another run for a NC in the next five years with Bohl, but I wouldn't expect a NC as often as we got them in DII.

Jerry Moore has been a head coach since 1989 (21 years). He's won 3 national championships. That's the model I think we should follow.

If we have an ok HC with good O and D schemes for a long time it offers a lot of stability over the years. If we have a great HC, they are going to move on to an FBS school or the NFL and there will be years of instability afterwards. Keep an ok HC and get the best OC and DC we can find. Let the OC's and DC's move on to FBS or NFL every four years or so; that won't cause as much disruption. I'd bet that is the best way to be consistently good enough to make the playoffs and get a NC every decade or so.

Let's not follow the Minnesota strategy and fire the HC every four years and be consistently bad.

KTF
10-20-2010, 05:02 AM
2006 or 2007 we could have made a run for the NC. Some would argue those were with Bob Babich recruits. Maybe so, but I don't think 2006/07 would have been as good with Babich as HC.

It's possible we could make another run for a NC in the next five years with Bohl, but I wouldn't expect a NC as often as we got them in DII.

Jerry Moore has been a head coach since 1989 (21 years). He's won 3 national championships. That's the model I think we should follow.

If we have an ok HC with good O and D schemes for a long time it offers a lot of stability over the years. If we have a great HC, they are going to move on to an FBS school or the NFL and there will be years of instability afterwards. Keep an ok HC and get the best OC and DC we can find. Let the OC's and DC's move on to FBS or NFL every four years or so; that won't cause as much disruption. I'd bet that is the best way to be consistently good enough to make the playoffs and get a NC every decade or so.

Let's not follow the Minnesota strategy and fire the HC every four years and be consistently bad.

I am not sure that Bohl will get the time/oppportunity to lead NDSU to the promised land. I get this feeling that he is working towards moving to a FBS HC position and will be gone the first year NDSU makes a deep run in the playoffs. I truly believe he thought he was going to be gone after 2007 and thus he really didn't care about recruiting. My impression is 2008 changed his outlook and he has commited himself to the long haul with NDSU.

I do believe he is working hard to build a playoff caliber team but is doing the preffered but harder route by building from within instead of FBS transfers.

I agree that NDSU will more then likely never get back to the "dominancy" they once had. If you look at history there are very few teams that have done this on the I-AA level. None have won 5 titles in 7 years. The last MVFC team to win a NC was Youngstown was in 1997. Georgia Southern the leader in I-AA NC's wins back to back titles every ten years or so. Had NDSU been playoff eligible in 2006/2007 that could have been the years.

I expect our big push for a title will be in two years when all the "young guys" are juniors. Next year should hopefully be better and they make first round or deeper but nothing pushing all the way til 2012. I really do hope I am proven wrong and they make a run next year...(or this year)

CaBisonFan
10-20-2010, 05:12 AM
We are in the ten-year..."let's see what happens"...part of the program. If things don't work out in ten years...then we can hire some other grad. assistants. We'll just wait 'n see what happens. 6-5 ain't bad...in most programs.

The Twins are patient.

4mcruenomore
10-20-2010, 05:28 AM
1990 was a long time ago, so was 2000. Time for some results IMO.

BisoninNWMN
10-20-2010, 11:22 AM
1990 was a long time ago, so was 2000. Time for some results IMO.

YES it is!!!!!!!!

Bison"FANatic"
10-20-2010, 02:55 PM
1990 was way to long ago. Here are a few things from 1990.

Kuwait

* Saddam Hussein orders Iraq invasion of Neighboring Kuwait

Kuwait

* Operation Desert Shield Begins as the United States and UK send troops to Kuwait

U.S.

* The Saturn range of cars are launched by GM

U.S.

* The most complete skeleton of a T-Rex is found in South Dakota ( Sue )

U.S.

* Americas Favorite animated family "The Simpsons " is aired on Fox for the first time

Germany

* East and West Germany reunite including currency and economies

# The Space Shuttle Discovery places the Hubble Space Telescope in orbit revolutionizing astronomy.

# Tim Berners-Lee publishes a more formal proposal for the World Wide Web and the first web page is written

# Microsoft Releases Windows 3.0

# A 16 megabit chip is shown for the first time

# The First Known Case of AIDS is traced back to 1959

# The Space Probe Voyager launched in 1977 photographed the Solar System at a distance of 3.7 miles from the SUN

# 18 years after its launch the US Space Probe Pioneer reaches a distance of 46.5 billion miles beyond all planetary orbits

# Depletion of the Ozone Layer is discovered above the North Pole

# The First in-car Satellite Navigation System is sold by Pioneer

# The Milli Vanilli duo's producer reveals that the Grammy winning pop duo were lip synching in the songs on the album which gained them the award

Popular Films

* Home Alone
* Ghost
* Dances with Wolves
* Pretty Woman
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
* The Hunt for Red October
* Total Recall
* Die Hard 2
* Dick Tracy
* Edward Scissorhands,
* The Godfather Part III

THEsocalledfan
10-20-2010, 05:36 PM
# The Space Probe Voyager launched in 1977 photographed the Solar System at a distance of 3.7 miles from the SUN

I ain't no engineer, but the heat tolerance on that probe must have been impressive!

CAS4127
10-20-2010, 05:48 PM
I find this to be an interesting, relatively new thread. Y? Well, the first day I joined this forum, I posted that I felt the lack of team discipline and leadership rested with Bohl, and that I had heard from a very good source that he routinely misses practices, which was something I felt personally was possibly one of the reasons for those issues. Let's just say I got "smoked" by some of you (probably some of with whom I am now BV "friends" so to speak) for saying that. So, whether he does or doesn't miss practices, there apparently are some of you who are now questioning his coaching abilities or style--that's what I find interesting about this thread. Don't misconstrue what I am saying here, as I am not saying "I told you so", what I am saying is that, if many of us are seeing the same thing, for whatever reason, then perhaps our conclusions aren't wrong, the basis for the conclusions may just be differnent--food for thought my friend, and "stay thirsty"!

Bison"FANatic"
10-20-2010, 06:24 PM
I ain't no engineer, but the heat tolerance on that probe must have been impressive!

heck for all I know the whole list is bull.:D :D :D :D :D

Tatanka
10-20-2010, 06:39 PM

TWSS .

Answer Guy
10-20-2010, 06:44 PM

I bet they went at night! :p

THEsocalledfan
10-20-2010, 07:17 PM
I find this to be an interesting, relatively new thread. Y? Well, the first day I joined this forum, I posted that I felt the lack of team discipline and leadership rested with Bohl, and that I had heard from a very good source that he routinely misses practices, which was something I felt personally was possibly one of the reasons for those issues. Let's just say I got "smoked" by some of you (probably some of with whom I am now BV "friends" so to speak) for saying that. So, whether he does or doesn't miss practices, there apparently are some of you who are now questioning his coaching abilities or style--that's what I find interesting about this thread. Don't misconstrue what I am saying here, as I am not saying "I told you so", what I am saying is that, if many of us are seeing the same thing, for whatever reason, then perhaps our conclusions aren't wrong, the basis for the conclusions may just be differnent--food for thought my friend, and "stay thirsty"!

CAS, I mixed it up with you initially I admit. I was still sipping too much Kool-Aid at the time. However, my bullshit meter went in the red on Saturday and by Monday, I saw the world clearly. I guess I still haven't moved past giving him another year if they finish 7-4, but to me, that is a do or die mark. I can't tolerate this crap anymore.

CAS4127
10-20-2010, 08:05 PM
CAS, I mixed it up with you initially I admit. I was still sipping too much Kool-Aid at the time. However, my bullshit meter went in the red on Saturday and by Monday, I saw the world clearly. I guess I still haven't moved past giving him another year if they finish 7-4, but to me, that is a do or die mark. I can't tolerate this crap anymore.

No pun intended, I'm sure!?? IMHO, I don't see 7-4 happening, not with this team and the manner in which they are being "coached". But, that said, both players and coaches can turn things around, so I believe Bohl will be here next year regardless of the final record, unless we lose the next 4 in a row, which would result all options being on the table. One would have to think/hope we win at least 2 of the 3 home games btw.

ndsubison1
10-20-2010, 08:14 PM

Kuwait

Kuwait

* Operation Desert Shield Begins as the United States and UK send troops to Kuwait

U.S.

U.S.

U.S.

* Americas Favorite animated family "The Simpsons " is aired on Fox for the first time

Germany

# The Space Shuttle Discovery places the Hubble Space Telescope in orbit revolutionizing astronomy.

# Tim Berners-Lee publishes a more formal proposal for the World Wide Web and the first web page is written

# 18 years after its launch the US Space Probe Pioneer reaches a distance of 46.5 billion miles beyond all planetary orbits

# The Milli Vanilli duo's producer reveals that the Grammy winning pop duo were lip synching in the songs on the album which gained them the award

Popular Films

* Home Alone
* Ghost
* Dances with Wolves
* Pretty Woman
* Total Recall
* Die Hard 2
* Dick Tracy
* Edward Scissorhands,
* The Godfather Part III

ming01 was in diapers

TransAmBison
10-20-2010, 08:24 PM
ming01 was in diapers
I guess not that much has changed. :hide: :D

80ALUM
10-21-2010, 12:28 AM
I remember after our 10-1 seasons having a panicky feeling that Bohl would leave NDSU. But now even if we do have another 10-1 season under him I would be fine with him leaving because another season like that would seem like a fluke.:hide:

ndsubison1
10-21-2010, 01:19 AM
I guess not that much has changed. :hide: :D

:hide: :blush:

BraxtonT
10-21-2010, 04:16 AM
I had heard from a very good source that he routinely misses practices, which was something I felt personally was possibly one of the reasons for those issues.... So, whether he does or doesn't miss practices, there apparently are some of you who are now questioning his coaching abilities or style--that's what I find interesting about this thread.

If he is missing practices, he needs to be gone yesterday. There is no way a team of 80+ players is going to respect a guy who demands of them, but isn't willing to be there for them. These guys aren't pros, they are still in need of guidance to get the best out of them. A coach that isn't always there is messing with their heads, which lessens their focus on the game they are to be playing at the highest possible level.

SDbison
10-21-2010, 04:27 AM
Fire Bohl. Pretty much a given this team will show up unprepared again. Tired of losing at home. Vigen, get a game plan that works. Both you and Bohl are done soon anyway.

HerdBot
10-21-2010, 05:00 AM

Gene Taylor is a smart guy and he won't make a rash decision. A logical person would evaluate where we're at at the end of the year. Not a knee jerk reaction after a tough loss.

What if we win the last 4 games and get a home playoff game?

What if we go 3-1 and finish the season with a 7-4 record and narrowly miss the playoffs? IMO, that's improvement and he should staty.

What if we go 2-2 and finish with a 6-5 record? Iffy...

What if we go 1-3 and finish with a 5-6 record? That would not be improvement. He's gotta go. Not acceptable.

What if we go 0-4? Fire him before the season is over so we can start looking for a new coach.

HerdBot
10-21-2010, 05:42 AM

Kuwait

Kuwait

U.S.

U.S.

U.S.

Germany

Popular Films

* Home Alone
* Ghost
* Dances with Wolves
* Pretty Woman
* Total Recall
* Die Hard 2
* Dick Tracy
* Edward Scissorhands,
* The Godfather Part III

Check this out...

Saddam Hussain: Dead.
Iraqs Government: Dead
Saturn cars: Dead
Hubble Telescope: Is no longer serviced and will deorbit in 2013
GM Brand: Bankrupt
Patrick Swayzee from the movie Ghost: Dead.
One of the Milli Vanili guys: Dead
Godfather Marlon Brando: Dead
Space Shuttle: Blew up and Dead

Not to mention since 1990 we have seen the following changes..

* Music. Cassette tapes. We have since moved on to CD's, which are pretty much extinct and the norm is now MP3's. End of music stores

* Books? Electronic books are becoming the norm.

* NES 16 Bit was the big gaming system

* There was no internet in 1990. Only large corperations had the "intranet"

* Paper checks are the norm. Some day they will invent the "check card."

* We actually mailed letters and didn't know what an email was.

* New Coke was still being produced.

* Universal Studios Florida opens to the public.

* We rented video tapes. We've since seen DVD's, Blue Rays, and now IPTV is going to be the norm, like Netflix. Blockbuster was a powerhouse. They now filed for bankrupcy.

* The tube TV!! Hi Def did not exist. We now how LED flat screens and 3D TV!

* DirecTV did not exist. It was all about "CableCom" who no longer exists. The only dish was about 10 feet high.

* Universal Studios Florida opens .

* George HW Bush breaks his no new taxes promise.

* Mike Tyson loses his first ever fight to Buster Douglas.

ndsubison1
10-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Ok study break from my economics exam... time for a rant:

I think I've seen the light. If we dont win at least 3 of our 4 next games Bohl should be gone. I know we went 3-8 last season and 6-5 would seem like an improvement. In actuality it is, but for Bison fans it's not. For teamakers who are paying for a product, that being tickets for the Bison football games, we cannot except mediocrity. 6-5 in 2008, should have been better. 3-8 in 2009 down year is a disgrace, but understandable. Most of our players are a year older and should be progressing. But we arent as a team. I see a few improved individuals: McNorton, Holloway, Prelvitz, Pierre, Jemison, Eaves, but overall as a team we are not. We as fans put up with it for two seasons. Two is understandable, but three with the program, facilities, and tradition we have is unforgivable. If we lose 2 of our next 4 games and miss the playoffs, what kind of message would that send to our program and fans if nothing is done at the top. Dont get me wrong, 6-5 is an improvement but the Bison strive for excellence and expect to make the playoffs every year. Time to win or get out...

THEsocalledfan
10-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Gene Taylor is a smart guy and he won't make a rash decision. A logical person would evaluate where we're at at the end of the year. Not a knee jerk reaction after a tough loss.

What if we win the last 4 games and get a home playoff game?

What if we go 3-1 and finish the season with a 7-4 record and narrowly miss the playoffs? IMO, that's improvement and he should staty.

What if we go 2-2 and finish with a 6-5 record? Iffy...

What if we go 1-3 and finish with a 5-6 record? That would not be improvement. He's gotta go. Not acceptable.

What if we go 0-4? Fire him before the season is over so we can start looking for a new coach.

I knew you'd come around! This post is dead on, IMHO. However, if 0-4, hard to fire him before the season is over......

Notorious
10-21-2010, 02:10 PM
I knew you'd come around! This post is dead on, IMHO. However, if 0-4, hard to fire him before the season is over......

What about a time-traveling DeLorean, huh?....ever heard of one?

THEsocalledfan
10-21-2010, 02:14 PM
What about a time-traveling DeLorean, huh?....ever heard of one?

Yep, got one at home Taylor can use if needed, but it is the older, non flying model:

http://suvudu.com/files/mt-files/delorean1.bmp

Bison bison
10-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Guys, the team beat Kansas.

That's a big fuggin deal.

Unless we lose out Bohl keeps his job.

Notorious
10-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Guys, the team beat Kansas.

Unless we lose out Bohl keeps his job.

That's crazy talk....

Been quiet lately....work is getting in the way of my internet usage, but have been meaning to post....

Settling for mediocrity just for program "stability" is the most assinine arguement I've read on BV. Get rid of him.

Now, flame away on the work comment, TAB !!

roadwarrior
10-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Guys, if we lose to Indiana State.

SDbison
10-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Ok study break from my economics exam... time for a rant:

I think I've seen the light. If we dont win at least 3 of our 4 next games Bohl should be gone. I know we went 3-8 last season and 6-5 would seem like an improvement. In actuality it is, but for Bison fans it's not. For teamakers who are paying for a product, that being tickets for the Bison football games, we cannot except mediocrity. 6-5 in 2008, should have been better. 3-8 in 2009 down year is a disgrace, but understandable. Most of our players are a year older and should be progressing. But we arent as a team. I see a few improved individuals: McNorton, Holloway, Prelvitz, Pierre, Jemison, Eaves, but overall as a team we are not. We as fans put up with it for two seasons. Two is understandable, but three with the program, facilities, and tradition we have is unforgivable. If we lose 2 of our next 4 games and miss the playoffs, what kind of message would that send to our program and fans if nothing is done at the top. Dont get me wrong, 6-5 is an improvement but the Bison strive for excellence and expect to make the playoffs every year. Time to win or get out...
Glad to see you figured it out ming. This is what I have been saying for quite a while now. Bison football should be exceptionally good, not below average or mediocre. Too much time has passed with little results. Fans making excuses to keep the non-exceling status quo are pathetic.

aces1180
10-21-2010, 02:33 PM

Agreed...But I have confidence we will win this game.

Scooter1
10-21-2010, 02:34 PM

My nomination for NO SHIT post of the year.

:nod: :nod:

SDbison
10-21-2010, 02:36 PM

Really, do you think Bohl clearly understands this? He has backed himself into a corner that I just don't see him making it better by his own merit. His only saving grace is if some players step up on their own just like Walker and company did........Bohl is not a motivator.

Scooter1
10-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Really, do you think Bohl clearly understands this? He has backed himself into a corner that I just don't see him making it better by his own merit. His only saving grace is if some players step up on their own just like Walker and company did........Bohl is not a motivator.

Really? I know you don't like Bohl, but Jesus.... he has done some good things. Ah, heck....flame away brother. A few more losses and I may be riding that bus.

SDbison
10-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Really? I know you don't like Bohl, but Jesus.... he has done some good things. Ah, heck....flame away brother. A few more losses and I may be riding that bus.
I am just being honest Scooter........all the players will agree Bohl is not close to them, nor is he a big motivator since he just doesn't connect with the team. Not sure what Bohl is good at.....right now all I can think of is managing to smile on TV after his team takes another loss.

WYOBISONMAN
10-21-2010, 02:53 PM

Absolutely.....this will be a damn interesting game to watch!

Bison bison
10-21-2010, 03:06 PM
That's crazy talk....

Been quiet lately....work is getting in the way of my internet usage, but have been meaning to post....

Settling for mediocrity just for program "stability" is the most assinine arguement I've read on BV. Get rid of him.

Now, flame away on the work comment, TAB !!

I'm not saying I like it or agree with it.

Scooter1
10-21-2010, 03:25 PM
I am just being honest Scooter........all the players will agree Bohl is not close to them, nor is he a big motivator since he just doesn't connect with the team. Not sure what Bohl is good at.....right now all I can think of is managing to smile on TV after his team takes another loss.

It is painfully clear that your honesty isn't clouded by your discontent. I don't know what I was thinking...:blush:

CAS4127
10-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Absolutely.....this will be a damn interesting game to watch!

This^post and that of Roadwarrier's now have me getting pumped up and intense for the kickoff Saturday afternoon. Not kiddin, I still get intense and fired up for these games even after all these years!! Just ask the wife!

Don't need Bohl to get me fired up and ready for game day!

LET'S PARTY BISON!!

WYOBISONMAN
10-21-2010, 03:48 PM
This^post and that of Roadwarrier's now have me getting pumped up and intense for the kickoff Saturday afternoon. Not kiddin, I still get intense and fired up for these games even after all these years!! Just ask the wife!

Don't need Bohl to get me fired up and ready for game day!

LET'S PARTY BISON!!

The video feed will be on in my man cave and we are having another party with fellow NoDaks in attendance...........by the way......many drinking games are played here at the Grain Belt Bar!

Scooter1
10-21-2010, 03:56 PM
The video feed will be on in my man cave and we are having another party with fellow NoDaks in attendance...........by the way......many drinking games are played here at the Grain Belt Bar!
Just promise you won't require everyone to take a shot after every 3rd down the Bison opponents convert.

WYOBISONMAN
10-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Just promise you won't require everyone to take a shot after every 3rd down the Bison opponents convert.

Oh no.......but shots on every Bison TD are mandatory!

SDbison
10-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Oh no.......but shots on every Bison TD are mandatory!
Wyo, are you going to make it to a game in Fargo this year?

Bisonfan1
10-21-2010, 05:09 PM

Yah ? we miss the Wyo Wipping Boy at the tailgate, it's more fun to make fun of you in person, we dont have much more to talk about you, so bring the hat and boots and give us more material ! :D

WYOBISONMAN
10-21-2010, 07:04 PM

Gonna try and make either SDSU or Southern Ill. I should make one of those and then also the UND BB game.

HerdBot
10-22-2010, 07:14 PM
I am not sure that Bohl will get the time/oppportunity to lead NDSU to the promised land. I get this feeling that he is working towards moving to a FBS HC position and will be gone the first year NDSU makes a deep run in the playoffs. I truly believe he thought he was going to be gone after 2007 and thus he really didn't care about recruiting. My impression is 2008 changed his outlook and he has commited himself to the long haul with NDSU.

I do believe he is working hard to build a playoff caliber team but is doing the preffered but harder route by building from within instead of FBS transfers.

I agree that NDSU will more then likely never get back to the "dominancy" they once had. If you look at history there are very few teams that have done this on the I-AA level. None have won 5 titles in 7 years. The last MVFC team to win a NC was Youngstown was in 1997. Georgia Southern the leader in I-AA NC's wins back to back titles every ten years or so. Had NDSU been playoff eligible in 2006/2007 that could have been the years.

I expect our big push for a title will be in two years when all the "young guys" are juniors. Next year should hopefully be better and they make first round or deeper but nothing pushing all the way til 2012. I really do hope I am proven wrong and they make a run next year...(or this year)

I think we can get back to domination. Maybe not 8x championship type dominance but were really not THAT far off. If we can beat Montana as a D2 school and beat FBS teams and get to where we were in 06-07 we cab do it. We need to recruit better, maintain our players and get 5th year seniors, and keep our assistants. Depth is our biggest issue. I don't think were that far away from Montana. I mean, the Jacks nearly beat them last year and they are not THAT much better than us.

KTF
10-23-2010, 12:26 AM
I think we can get back to domination. Maybe not 8x championship type dominance but were really not THAT far off. If we can beat Montana as a D2 school and beat FBS teams and get to where we were in 06-07 we cab do it. We need to recruit better, maintain our players and get 5th year seniors, and keep our assistants. Depth is our biggest issue. I don't think were that far away from Montana. I mean, the Jacks nearly beat them last year and they are not THAT much better than us.

I tend to agree with you. The Jacks had them whipped however how close to the Jacks is NDSU?