PDA

View Full Version : Win out and we are in

mgbison
10-17-2010, 06:51 AM
The glass half full view is we have four games left. Three at home and 1 bye week which is huge.

We need to have Gratzek at 100%. If he is healthy, we run the table and make the playoffs. He is the difference maker. The offense is gonna score enough points the rest of the way, we just need to get some stops on d.

ndsubison1
10-17-2010, 08:34 AM
The Red Sox won 4 in a row back in 2004. The Bison can too :)

lakesbison
10-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Play calling,.schemes and motivation and NOT SCOUTING.& EXPOSING other teams weaknesses will continue to be our downfall, fact!!

mebisonII
10-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Sorry to be the negative nancy, I don't see that happening.

bisonmike2
10-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Sorry to be the negative nancy, I don't see that happening.

me too. I think it's best for the mental health of many Bisonvillers if they prepared for the fact that this isn't going happen this year. "Hey, there's always next year!"*TM

"Hey, there's always next year!" is a registered trademark of the Chicago Cubs and the NDSU committee for a home playoff game at the Fargodome.

Hopeful-Bison-Baller
10-17-2010, 02:08 PM
4-0 isnt that hard. I think it can, and will happen.

No_Skill
10-17-2010, 02:18 PM
I have this feeling that SDSU is going to play spoiler once again.

If things play out right, that game will be huge.

SDbison
10-17-2010, 02:38 PM
me too. I think it's best for the mental health of many Bisonvillers if they prepared for the fact that this isn't going happen this year. "Hey, there's always next year!"*TM

"Hey, there's always next year!" is a registered trademark of the Chicago Cubs and the NDSU committee for a home playoff game at the Fargodome.
There is NDSU basketball to look forward to.......heck there is even a basketball game in the dome about the same time the FCS playoff semifinals are occurring. Much to look forward to........just won't be on the football field. I might even switch to basketball season tickets for this year and skip football season tickets in the future (unless coaching changes are made). Tired of Bohl's impersonal and stubborn attitude.

westnodak93bison
10-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Play calling,.schemes and motivation and NOT SCOUTING.& EXPOSING other teams weaknesses will continue to be our downfall, fact!!

Maybe you are right but it is obvious there is parity in the MVFC. Dominating this conference would be like dominating the SEC in FBS. Nobody will do it for more than a couple years at a time imho. I'll take our situation over SIU or SDSU any day. The Bison certainly can salvage this season.

SDbison
10-17-2010, 03:28 PM
This Bison team will not win out the rest of this season.

Take that as seriously as my prediction of Texas not beating Nebraska this year. Yesterday was a bad day.

MNLonghorn you were correct, I was wrong. I suck, the Bison suck and so do the Cornhuskers. Serve me up crow, shit, raw bull testicles, whatever. My apologies........its Longhorns, not Gayhorns. What a comeback by Texas in a down year to beat Nebraska at their place.

WYOBISONMAN
10-17-2010, 04:01 PM
This Bison team will not win out the rest of this season.

Take that as seriously as my prediction of Texas not beating Nebraska this year. Yesterday was a bad day.

MNLonghorn you were correct, I was wrong. I suck, the Bison suck and so do the Cornhuskers. Serve me up crow, shit, raw bull testicles, whatever. My apologies........its Longhorns, not Gayhorns. What a comeback by Texas in a down year to beat Nebraska at their place.

I agree. We are improved, but still not a disciplined team out there. We have stupid penalties occuring at key times in the game, the players do not seem well coached, and we are not playing like a TEAM. Folks, we are midway throught the season and this stuff should be better by now.

semobison
10-17-2010, 04:09 PM
In order to finish strong WE HAVE GOT TO STOP THE RUN! Our D has been getting manhandled! The big question? Is this fixable, or are we outmanned?

Bisonguy
10-17-2010, 05:38 PM

I thought that was a trademark for the Vikings as well, but it's, "Hey, we just need that one old guy at the end of his career to make it to the Super Bowl".

MontanaBisonFan
10-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Prediction / hope

Missouri Valley Final Standings

Conference Overall Div 1
North Dakota St 5 3 8 3
Western Ill 5 3 7 4
Northern Iowa 5 3 6 5
Illinois State 5 3 6 4
South Dakota St 5 3 6 5
Indiana State 4 4 6 5
Youngstown St 4 4 6 5
Missouri State 4 4 5 6
Southern Ill 4 4 4 6

Bison and Western are the only ones in the playoffs

sambini
10-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Prediction / hope

Conference Overall Div 1
North Dakota St 5 3 8 3
Western Ill 5 3 7 4
Northern Iowa 5 3 6 5
Illinois State 5 3 6 4
South Dakota St 5 3 6 5
Indiana State 4 4 6 5
Youngstown St 4 4 6 5
Missouri State 4 4 5 6
Southern Ill 4 4 4 6

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BraxtonT
10-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Prediction / hope

Conference Overall Div 1
North Dakota St 5 3 8 3
Western Ill 5 3 7 4
Northern Iowa 5 3 6 5
Illinois State 5 3 6 4
South Dakota St 5 3 6 5
Indiana State 4 4 6 5
Youngstown St 4 4 6 5
Missouri State 4 4 5 6
Southern Ill 4 4 4 6

Mathematically, this is not possible. Of 72 conference games, there has to be 36 wins and 36 losses, barring ties, of course. Believe me, if anything, this conference would do it the other way and have more losses than wins!

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Get real...with Jose playing like this, and the defense giving up so many points the past 3-4 games...were gonna go 3-1 or 2-2, and miss the playoffs.

Tatanka
10-18-2010, 01:22 AM
Prediction / hope

Conference Overall Div 1
North Dakota St 5 3 8 3
Western Ill 5 3 7 4
Northern Iowa 5 3 6 5
Illinois State 5 3 6 4
South Dakota St 5 3 6 5
Indiana State 4 4 6 5
Youngstown St 4 4 6 5
Missouri State 4 4 5 6
Southern Ill 4 4 4 6

OK let's pretend that the top four actually happen. Please get out a #2 pencil and write down these words: "tie breaker". Because Western, UNI, and ISU Red all own them over NDSU.

99Bison
10-18-2010, 01:33 AM
OK let's pretend that the top four actually happen. Please get out a #2 pencil and write down these words: "tie breaker". Because Western, UNI, and ISU Red all own them over NDSU.

However there's only one autobid and two teams with enough wins to get in if they are all DI wins, so likely NDSU would get in - in this scenario.

TransAmBison
10-18-2010, 01:37 AM
However there's only one autobid and two teams with enough wins to get in if they are all DI wins, so likely NDSU would get in - in this scenario.
In this scenario the Forum would send their top reporters to investigate what officials paid off to actually win. Stu Pidasol would be the main witness.

Tatanka
10-18-2010, 01:40 AM

OK fine. Then, in this scenario we would need to call down to Louisiana and see if they can spare any of those animal rescue cleanup crews for a day or two. 'cause any monkeys flying out of WYO's ass are likely to need a good washing.