PDA

View Full Version : Put Dante In...........

JustinTyem
10-17-2010, 03:09 AM
Coach,see what he can do.

semobison
10-17-2010, 03:12 AM
Dante doesnt play defense!

4mcruenomore
10-17-2010, 03:15 AM
for real? he is the interception leader, spring ball, game time, anytime. He's a backup to Esley.

ndsubison1
10-17-2010, 03:26 AM
I like what Jose can do. Made some dumb mistakes today that cost us, but no need to put in Dante

bisoneer
10-17-2010, 03:30 AM
Mohler & the offense must execute better and stop the turnovers, this will kill a good defense and they are on the field way too long... Mohler needed to get OB on those runs he got stripped on ( & smacked on) ... a quick series on .the bench would be in order if he CANT GET IT... An extremely frustrating loss after having momentum and a 17-10 lead... my oh my...

JustinTyem
10-17-2010, 04:24 AM
OK,I didnt see the game.

4mcruenomore
10-17-2010, 04:43 AM
Esley owns Dante, but I don't want to pull the redshirt

Twentysix
10-17-2010, 06:10 AM
OK,I didnt see the game.

Jose did fine, I wish we had won, but that ones in the books now. He shouldnt try and run over a defender in the future. and we will be all right. He is a great improvement over Mertens and can win us football games down the road. There will be better qb's that come along but for now we have got one thats alright.

Twentysix
10-17-2010, 06:13 AM
I like what Jose can do. Made some dumb mistakes today that cost us, but no need to put in Dante

Agreed, there are better QB's but jose really isnt that bad. He made some mistakes he will learn and improve, hopefully.

Bison"FANatic"
10-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Esley owns Dante, but I don't want to pull the redshirt

You sound like lakes pumping Mertens and we all know how that turned out. Give the kid a chance to mature and prove it on the field. Make him earn it. I hope he is the next coming of Joe Montana but he still has to earn it at this level.;) ;) ;) ;)

X-Factor
10-17-2010, 02:48 PM
unfortunately, it is painfully obvious to us fans that Jose probably isn't the QB of the future that we all had hoped he would be. However, he still can get the job done this year and win us some more games.

No_Skill
10-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I like Jose. He just made some game changing mistakes. Just like last week he made a game changing TD throw.

GET OUT OF BOUNDS! GET OUT OF BOUNDS!....WHY JOSE? WWWWWHHHHYYYYYY? GET OUT OF FREEKING BOUNDS! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OK...I'm done. :blush: :D

SDbison
10-17-2010, 03:03 PM
QB's of the future (here's how it should be for next year):
#1 Jensen
#2 Thornton
#3 Mohler
#4 Kid for Arizona (pull his reshirt if #1 or #2 get hurt next year as he would be a better option than fullback wanna be Mohler).

No_Skill
10-17-2010, 03:07 PM
#1 Jensen
#2 Thornton
#3 Mohler
#4 Kid for Arizona (pull his reshirt if #1 or #2 get hurt next year as he would be a better option than fullback wanna be Mohler).

I'm still not sold on Thornton. I live in Bismarck, so I did get to see him play in person a few times.

The kid is definitely a winner. Hopefully he can develop into a top QB at this level. It will be interesting to see how it plays out the next few years.

westnodak93bison
10-17-2010, 03:21 PM
If Jose can learn from the mistakes yesterday then we could have a strong finish to this season. On a side note he should have been coached up enough not to make said mistakes imho.

NDSU1980
10-17-2010, 04:09 PM
#1 Jensen
#2 Thornton
#3 Mohler

I'm not sold on Jensen. Look at his performance. He beat Morgan State, but then even Mertens could have beat Morgan State. He only showed up for the second half of the USD game. He wasn't outstanding by any means again WIU.

Jensen may someday be an OK QB, but I sure didn't think so this year. Jose has the experience and the talent, so let's be supporting him for this year and not going off on some tangent about a QB or two that haven't even proved themselves yet for next year.

semobison
10-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Hey those fumbles were costly, but that can be fixed. Why is everybody blaming the QB, offense, etc....when our D has given up almost 1000 yards of offense the last 2 games. They could bring back Walker, and your still not going to win a lot of games with the way our D has been playing. They are getting beat at the line of scrimmage! football games are won and lost in the trenches! And, I dont know if its fixable?

bisonmike2
10-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Hey those fumbles were costly, but that can be fixed. Why is everybody blaming the QB, offense, etc....when our D has given up almost 1000 yards of offense the last 2 games. They could bring back Walker, and your still not going to win a lot of games with the way our D has been playing. They are getting beat at the line of scrimmage! football games are won and lost in the trenches! And, I dont know if its fixable?

Hard to blame Jose for this one, when after the turnover the D is letting the other team drive the entire length of the field for scores. We need more defense or it won't matter how many points the offense puts up.

runtheoption
10-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Hey those fumbles were costly, but that can be fixed.

I agree with this 100%. That is an easy fix for the coaches and Jose to make. He goes out of bounds on those plays, and we are possibly talking about NDSU winning this game easily. Teachable moment for Jose, Dante, Esley and Brock.

Now back to the original topic, if we are up by 17 points or more in any of the games, I hope the coaches give Dante some time. If we win out, I feel we are going to need him in the playoffs, and any game experience he can get prior to being forced to play would be invalueable. Even if he is called on to execute running plays or short, high percentage passes for 2 or 3 series, the game-speed experience is needed.

Mr. Burgundy
10-17-2010, 07:14 PM
I agree with this 100%. That is an easy fix for the coaches and Jose to make. He goes out of bounds on those plays, and we are possibly talking about NDSU winning this game easily. Teachable moment for Jose, Dante, Esley and Brock.

Now back to the original topic, if we are up by 17 points or more in any of the games, I hope the coaches give Dante some time. If we win out, I feel we are going to need him in the playoffs, and any game experience he can get prior to being forced to play would be invalueable. Even if he is called on to execute running plays or short, high percentage passes for 2 or 3 series, the game-speed experience is needed.

If we are up by 17 points???? Almost impossible....Bohl starts out 10-0 in almost every game. Worst starting team in the Nation, and it starts with coaching. Whenever we need a score....we move the ball, how about starting the game with that same sense of urgency. I am so tired of this conservative coaching.

jarhead
10-17-2010, 07:23 PM
The good news is, if you can't get to the game on time you probably won't miss anything worth seeing.

Twentysix
10-17-2010, 09:05 PM

Cause when a team loses its the QBs fault, the HC's fault.

OrygunBison
10-17-2010, 11:05 PM
#4 Kid for Arizona

Threet?...

56BISON73
10-18-2010, 12:26 AM

They teach that in HS. You shouldnt have to be taught that after being in College and a system for 2 1/2 years and weigh 150 with gear on. He did some good things in the game. But some unbelievably stupid mistakes as well which shows his lack of maturity as a player. Did he learn after the first fumble? NO. There shouldnt have been a second one.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-18-2010, 02:25 AM
Like usual, it will be close to the end.

We'll win, but not by much.

Facts
10-18-2010, 02:45 AM
If perez is very low on the qb depth chart next year, do you ask him to move to defense or reciever?? He is a very good athlete from what I hear. Is this another parson's situation?

ndsubison1
10-18-2010, 02:48 AM
If perez is very low on the qb depth chart next year, do you ask him to move to defense or reciever?? He is a very good athlete from what I hear. Is this another parson's situation?

If Thorton were to beat him out then that's probably something they'll look at. If not, they might potentially look at it anyways

runtheoption
10-18-2010, 03:30 AM
They teach that in HS. You shouldnt have to be taught that after being in College and a system for 2 1/2 years and weigh 150 with gear on. He did some good things in the game. But some unbelievably stupid mistakes as well which shows his lack of maturity as a player. Did he learn after the first fumble? NO. There shouldnt have been a second one.

True. I think it is obvious he got caught up in the moment, and tried to do too much. It's not all that different from trying to force the ball into double coverage or scrambling around and throwing a prayer deep, ala Farve.

VanClubPres
10-19-2010, 04:38 AM
He's a backup to Esley.

Dante is going to play saftey too?;)

phxbison
10-19-2010, 03:01 PM

I couldn't have said it any better. Just before I read your post I was thinking exactly the same thing. You hit the nail on the head !!

yellowstreak
10-20-2010, 03:45 AM
how can Dante see any of the receivers? he'd have to always run bootlegs / rollouts so he could see around the OL.

our choices are:

a guy who can't see over the OL,

a guy who can see the open receiver downfield, but can't throw it that far,

a guy with an NFL QB body size and a big arm and only one broken bone or

a guy who could be the next big thing (Mertens?) but his shirt is the wrong color