PDA

View Full Version : So, when are we going to be relivent in the MVC?

bisonfan11
10-17-2010, 02:31 AM
I am sorry but once again I have to vent. Once again we lost because we HANDED Illinois State the game. CRAP, I am so sick and tired of losing, especially the way we lose games from '08 to now. So, when are we going to compete for a MVC title? In case anyone hasn't noticed the majority of the MVC teams are "young" just like us. We do have the talent to be good-great, but our coaching staff brings down the entire team by not "leading" the team. Craig Bohl should be raising hell on the team and demanding perfection. I mean the team obviously won't play perfectly, however the team would play much more disciplined football. I am getting sick and tired of us being the door-mat team in the MVC. We can't be young or have tons of injuries every single year. Why can't GT put an ultimatum in front of coach Bohl? No, that would be too much to expect Bohl to get the team to the play-offs. Think about this, if we continue playing like this we WILL NOT get great recruits to join NDSU. Why? No good recruits want to play on a non-contending team (National Championship) in the FCS. The goal for the Bison every year is to win the FCS National Championship (not that it will happen every year, but it should be the goal every single year).

tjbison
10-17-2010, 02:35 AM
I am sorry but once again I have to vent. Once again we lost because we HANDED Illinois State the game. CRAP, I am so sick and tired of losing, especially the way we lose games from '08 to now. So, when are we going to compete for a MVC title? In case anyone hasn't noticed the majority of the MVC teams are "young" just like us. We do have the talent to be good-great, but our coaching staff brings down the entire team by not "leading" the team. Craig Bohl should be raising hell on the team and demanding perfection. I mean the team obviously won't play perfectly, however the team would play much more disciplined football. I am getting sick and tired of us being the door-mat team in the MVC. We can't be young or have tons of injuries every single year. Why can't GT put an ultimatum in front of coach Bohl? No, that would be too much to expect Bohl to get the team to the play-offs. Think about this, if we continue playing like this we WILL NOT get great recruits to join NDSU. Why? No good recruits want to play on a non-contending team (National Championship) in the FCS. The goal for the Bison every year is to win the FCS National Championship (not that it will happen every year, but it should be the goal every single year).

What happens to this comment if we get beat by Indiana St next week???? They were on a 33 game losing streak and somehow are winning this year?

oh yeah like you said they are YOUNG also, we cannot use that excuse anymore, our problems are beyond the players IMO

4mcruenomore
10-17-2010, 02:40 AM
My biggest hatred it to hear Bohl say we "are a mash unit", jesus, so we have 2 banged up guys, deal.

bisonfan11
10-17-2010, 02:50 AM
My biggest hatred it to hear Bohl say we "are a mash unit", jesus, so we have 2 banged up guys, deal.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. So we have a few guys hurt. Did we recruit well enough so that the back up can play well in the absence of that starter? I guess not, we are the only MVC team with 0 depth.

JSUBison
10-17-2010, 03:57 AM
The fact that the powerhouse programs of Indiana State and Western Illinois were able to improve so much in one year really makes what's happening at NDSU all that more frustrating.

tjbison
10-17-2010, 04:14 AM
The fact that the powerhouse programs of Indiana State and Western Illinois were able to improve so much in one year really makes what's happening at NDSU all that more frustrating.

Exactly, thats what I'm getting at in my previous comment

ndsubison1
10-17-2010, 09:11 AM
win at least 3 of the next 4 and we will be relevant

bisonmike2
10-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Next year we better be. If we can finish with 6 or 7 wins, it's a nice improvement from last year with alot of young guys returning. Of course I would have rather had Bohl not take 2 years off from recruiting so we wouldn't be digging ourselves out of this hole, but it is what it is.

bisonmike2
10-17-2010, 12:58 PM

No he literally meant, we are a M.A.S.H unit. These are the guys he's putting on the field which is why we're fumbling the ball in the redzone and giving up almost 500 yards of offense a game. Do these guys look like D1 athletes to you?

http://images.dvdsetshop.com/upload/uploadfiles/MASH-tv-show-10.jpg

lakesbison
10-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Good.thread! This is just crap, I'm sick of.excuses, the talent on this team is.being trumped by coaching. Play calling, scheming, motivation!!!

You lose to WIU,ISU??? Hell no, not acceptable!!!!!!

BisoninNWMN
10-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Good.thread! This is just crap, I'm sick of.excuses, the talent on this team is.being trumped by coaching. Play calling, scheming, motivation!!!

You lose to WIU,ISU??? Hell no, not acceptable!!!!!!

lakes, I agree with you on this one.

WIU was 1-10 last year and now is leading the MV. They got their QB back but it is not all him....I would say coaching is a lot of it.

Indiana State has been a doormat for decades. I think they brought in like 30 freshman 2 or 3 yrs ago...granted, not all on scholly.

I think we have the talent but there is something missing. We almost always start out slow and have to play catch-up the rest of the game. Mental mistakes and poor decisions cost us games...period. To me it goes back to coaching and getting the players prepared for the game.

Do we have too high expectations as Bison fans??

I say no we don't. With the resources that this FB program has, the Bison should be a conference contender every year and be in the hunt for deep playoff runs.

Ya, the MV is tough but we should be the toughest. A lot of teams are playing young players besides the Bison.....ISU-red is younger than we are.

The season is not over and we can still make some noise in the MV and even make the playoffs. But the trend still looks the same, IMO: undisciplined play, costly mistakes, poor decisions.......ya, were young but other teams are younger and they are getting it done.

ISU-blue is going to come into the FFD expecting to win.

GO BISON

lakesbison
10-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Freakin FCS teams, we should be.dominating these teams, our talent and facilities and.fanbase TOWER all these FCS.teams. I'm sick of.this. something better change fast!!!

bisonfan11
10-17-2010, 01:47 PM
So, it appears that we have almost everything we need to be a National Championship (and MVC Champ). We do have the players as well. So what is missing? All I have to say is look at Craig Bohl and the inept coaching staff and there is your answer.

unbison
10-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Freakin FCS teams, we should be.dominating these teams, our talent and facilities and.fanbase TOWER all these FCS.teams. I'm sick of.this. something better change fast!!!

Must have shaved that bohl nut beard.......well we have 2 quality wins this year......that's right I not counting the transistion team or a team with half there wins coming against d II competition as quality so Morgan st. And usd don't count for me and what is our on conference record 7-13.....is that right if so that is terrible

WYOBISONMAN
10-17-2010, 01:59 PM
We will not be relevant this year.......that is a given.:smh:

SDbison
10-17-2010, 02:53 PM
lakes, I agree with you on this one.

WIU was 1-10 last year and now is leading the MV. They got their QB back but it is not all him....I would say coaching is a lot of it.

Indiana State has been a doormat for decades. I think they brought in like 30 freshman 2 or 3 yrs ago...granted, not all on scholly.

I think we have the talent but there is something missing. We almost always start out slow and have to play catch-up the rest of the game. Mental mistakes and poor decisions cost us games...period. To me it goes back to coaching and getting the players prepared for the game.

Do we have too high expectations as Bison fans??

I say no we don't. With the resources that this FB program has, the Bison should be a conference contender every year and be in the hunt for deep playoff runs.

Ya, the MV is tough but we should be the toughest. A lot of teams are playing young players besides the Bison.....ISU-red is younger than we are.

The season is not over and we can still make some noise in the MV and even make the playoffs. But the trend still looks the same, IMO: undisciplined play, costly mistakes, poor decisions.......ya, were young but other teams are younger and they are getting it done.

ISU-blue is going to come into the FFD expecting to win.

GO BISON
In Bold above......right on!
For us fans that care and want the turnaround to happen sooner than later it is time to start writing the AD. Gene has to start hearing how some of us are extremely disappointed in NDSU's football record and that it appears coaching is a big part of the problem. Vigen is not a QB coach or not even close to being a qualified offensive coodinator. I don't wan to wait 5 more years while he fumbles around with plays to see if he has what it takes. And Bohl, you are so impersonal and cold. That fake smile and overused one liners are geting old. You screwed our recruiting for QB's and kickers, you brought in Breske who had no business here without the 3-4 and then you put a guy with no experience as O coordinator. WTF are you thinking?
Fans, teammakers, etc., time to start writing the AD.
I will definately drop season tickets if Bohl is not gone after this year.
Basketball seems like the up and coming team anyway.

Bisonguy
10-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Must have shaved that bohl nut beard.......well we have 2 quality wins this year......that's right I not counting the transistion team or a team with half there wins coming against d II competition as quality so Morgan st. And usd don't count for me and what is our on conference record 7-13.....is that right if so that is terrible

7-13 is correct. 4-4 in 2008, 2-6 in 2009, and 1-3 so far this year.