PDA

View Full Version : are we really better that last year???

SUBISON247
10-16-2010, 09:54 PM
I hate being negative and not having faith in my team, but how much better are we really?

99Bison
10-16-2010, 09:58 PM
We have a defense that is at least in position to make plays and does so at times. Still night and day the difference on D. Hanging the defense out to dry nearly every week doesn't give them much of a chance.

Other than that, same old.

NDSUstudent
10-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Special teams are about a 100 times better. After that it is hard to say.

runtheoption
10-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Special teams are about a 100 times better. After that it is hard to say.

I think special teams have been keeping us in these games, consistently giving us a short field.

Wally
10-16-2010, 10:01 PM
By wins yes we are better than last year, but it sure doesn't feel like it:banghead: :banghead:

WYOBISONMAN
10-16-2010, 10:02 PM
No question we are improved. But.....not close to being a contender yet.

BisoninNWMN
I'm tired of people saying how young we are. Well, you know what, so are most of the other teams in the MV. Illinois State is younger than we are and they just beat us.

With are facilities, fan-base, TMers for backing, tradition.....the Bison should reload every year not have inconsistent play game after game, losing seasons.....

SDbison
The easy answer is NO.

runtheoption
10-16-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm tired of people saying how young we are. Well, you know what, so are most of the other teams in the MV. Illinois State is younger than we are and they just beat us.

With are facilities, fan-base, TMers for backing, tradition.....the Bison should reload every year not have inconsistent play game after game, losing seasons.....

Yep.

It has been mentioned many times about our lengthy rebuilding period. At what point does "rebuilding" for 3 years turn into "time for a change"?

WYOBISONMAN
10-16-2010, 10:05 PM
The easy answer is NO.

Come on....we are better than last year......but last year was total horse crap.

BisoninNWMN
10-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Yep.

It has been mentioned many times about our lengthy rebuilding period. At what point does "rebuilding" for 3 years turn into "time for a change"?

Look at Brewster down at Minny. He's going to be gone after this year.

The Bison should not settle for mediocrity. OC or DC or Head Coach....just saying...

tony
10-16-2010, 10:10 PM
I'll wait until the end of the season to make the call on whether this team is better. So far... yeah, they are better.

This game and the UNI game were as bad as any last year.

Kansas and USD were much better than any games last year.

Need a healthy Gratzek back and Jose to make some better decisions.

Twentysix
10-16-2010, 10:12 PM
If we can get to 7 wins this season its a success.

Had anyone talking like this been told we would be 4 and 3 this year instead of 1 and 6 they would of been stoked. Granted the YSU game was complete fail by YSU's head coach at the end of the game.

80ALUM
10-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Field goal kicking is better than last year.

BisonNolesFan77
10-16-2010, 10:36 PM
I do think that the team is better than they were last season, there is talent to build around on both sides of the ball, but at the same time you can see glaring holes on each side of the ball. And I will say it, there is a glaring hole on the sidelines as well...

A1pigskin
10-17-2010, 12:27 AM
I think we are better than last year. But we seem to be inconsistent.

bisonfan11
10-17-2010, 02:33 AM
Look at Brewster down at Minny. He's going to be gone after this year.

The Bison should not settle for mediocrity. OC or DC or Head Coach....just saying...

Yeah that is why the Bison should have to go 7-4 or better. If the Bison finish 6-5 or worse then it should be bye bye Craig Bohl.

tjbison
10-17-2010, 02:37 AM
Yeah that is why the Bison should have to go 7-4 or better. If the Bison finish 6-5 or worse then it should be bye bye Craig Bohl.

I hear Tim Brewster may be looking for a job???:hide: :hide:

i kid, I kid;)

semobison
10-17-2010, 03:01 AM
What hasnt changed is that we are losing games that we could win. What hasnt changed is that we are at the bottom of the MVFC. What hasnt changed is that our d is giving up a ton of yards. We are close, but just cant seem to get over the hump. The good thing is we have 3 of our last 4 at home. Can we shore up our d and make a late season run. The good thing is we do have the talent. Just one game, where things go well, we play sharp! Is it possible?

TheBisonator
10-17-2010, 03:47 AM
The record this team is at right now is exactly the same record I predicted they would be after the 7th game back in August, almost to the game, except I would switch around the Kansas W and WIU loss.

This past week, we were playing with house money. No we've gone back to break-even again. Let's take the dealer to the cleaners next week.

ndsubison1
10-17-2010, 03:51 AM
I hate being negative and not having faith in my team, but how much better are we really?

Defense is better. We don't give up as many big plays as we did last season. Offensively, our passing game is still pretty mediocre but better this season. Running game is not nearly as good. Overall, we are better. We already have 4 wins... Hopefully we can get 4 more

KTF
10-17-2010, 04:00 AM
Offensively-
QB yes but Jensen is done for the year, I believe he is the best on the team.
RB even- hard to replace Pat Paschall but the RB's on the team are much different styles then he was
Oline-no, last years line had many solid veterans
TE - same
FB - same

Defensive
Dline- roughly the same, worried about next year
LB's much improved when healthy
CB's much imporved
FS/SS roughly the same

Special Teams
Great improvement overall

I would say we are better but still not close enough. Had we had solid recruiting and low attrition rate from the 07 & 08 class, the MVFC would be all but wrapped up at this point by the Bison.

bisoneer
10-17-2010, 04:34 AM
We were having better QB play until this last game of which the turnovers by Mohler were really 'unforced' as he should have ducked OB but was trying to 'muscle' for extra yards or the 6 and those 2 plays left the D on the field too long and gave the birds the momentum and suddenly it was all over... We do have better kicking and punting and we need Gratzek back to stop the run on D...

semobison
10-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Our D is better? We cant stop the run and have given up nearly 1000 yards in the last 2 games! Our D is getting manhandled!

99Bison
10-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Our D is better? We cant stop the run and have given up nearly 1000 yards in the last 2 games! Our D is getting manhandled!

Yes they are way better... it's hard to not give up any yards when playing enough time for 4 games in the last two due to offense turning it over and not having established drives...

NDSUstudent
10-17-2010, 09:56 PM
While the defense has struggled, I do think there is hope they can turn it around and finish strong. The defense is very young so more reps should make them better and we will be getting some key guys back.

Plus the offense has done a much better job in putting points on the board and running the ball, which should only help the defense. Especially at home.

semobison
10-17-2010, 10:06 PM
We are giving up over 250 yards a game on the ground in the MVFC. You are not going to be successful in any league with those numbers. Thats why we are 1-3 in the conference. What scares me is were just getting knocked off the ball. We can talk about coaching, play calling, the QB etc...Football games are won in the trenches, and thats where we are getting beat. I dont know if it somthing we can correct!