PDA

View Full Version : The Official "No Negativity" Thread

DjKyRo
10-16-2010, 09:46 PM
I just can't stand watching Bison fans cut on the team worse than even Sioux fans. I'd like at least one thread where fans cheer for the team instead of constantly finding ways to fulfill narcissistic self-loathing fetishes.

The team caved today. Very true. But we're doing things right and we're still 4-3 if the team doesn't make some magic late in the 4th. It's just disgusting to hear things like "Trainwreck" "we suck" etc. when the team has turned around significantly from last season.

No negativity or debbie downerism on this thread, please.

99Bison
10-16-2010, 09:53 PM
tj, I get the humor but seriously man, no need to be a jackass when I'm looking for something to believe in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe71zCA5xFQ

Bisonwinagn
10-16-2010, 09:55 PM
I can't believe how great our punter was today. Could be punting on Sundays if he keeps it up. I'm so excited for next week. :nod:

Twentysix
10-16-2010, 09:56 PM
I can't believe how great our punter was today. Could be punting on Sundays if he keeps it up. I'm so excited for next week. :nod:

Jastram too. He was out kicking ISU into the wind when they had the wind.

DjKyRo
10-16-2010, 09:57 PM
SD, most of you guys sound like Sue fans with how much you hate on the team. I get it's disappointing. I recognize that the defense giving up every third down is unacceptable. I get that QB play has been sketchy for three years. I get that playcalling has been vanilla under Vigen. I get we have things to be disappointed about but we're a shitty fanbase if we turn traitor and start throwing the team under the bus the moment something goes wrong.

We're a young team. We're going to have tough games, but we're going to have games like Youngstown where we put it together enough to win.

Those of you who enjoy being right more than you enjoy rooting for the Bison, whatever. Good for you. i'm going to put the success of the team beyond my personal satisfaction and continue to find things to cheer about.

Again, please no negativity or personal attacks on this thread. I've already asked twice.

runtheoption
10-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Believe this...taigating will kick ass next week.

tony
10-16-2010, 09:58 PM
I'll just delete the posts you are talking about. This will be an all-positive thread. :)

DjKyRo
10-16-2010, 09:59 PM
DJ ran like a champ today and two untimely fumbles cost us good red zone chances. It's not as if we got worked today, we made mistakes that cost us the game. That's something we can fix and our offense showed that we can run on other teams. Let's take it into next week and fix what we can. Every game on the schedule is still winnable.

BisoninNWMN
10-16-2010, 10:03 PM
My post was positive.....

80ALUM
10-16-2010, 10:04 PM
I am positive we could beat the Sioux!:nod:

Jay
My basketball one too... it's a new season. Haven't played one game yet, nothing to be negative on.

admin
My post was positive.....

The post it again.

Bison"FANatic"
We were 2 steps out of bounds and this is a different ball game. A young team will learn from these correctable mistakes. We have a bunch of playmakers and we went up against a very good offense.

Shawn-O

Delete! Admin! :D

Thunder_Struck
10-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Chad Willson is a positive. DJ played well again, and Howard seems to be getting better every week.

DjKyRo
10-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Again - I understand losses are disappointing but we're still 4-3. If nothing else, it's improvement and we wouldn't be the first team to go through it. We have things to look forward to and we have things the team is doing right. For my own sake, I'm going to dwell on that to avoid falling into the Black Pit of Despair and make Bison Football worth watching. If you don't like that, that's just fine. Let's just have one thread where those of us who prefer to not dive headlong into a sea of depression can post our thoughts without getting called delusional kool-aid drinkers.

tony
10-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Colton Heagle... Marcus Williams, Brendan Pierre, and Colton next year - that's the core of a very good secondary.

Bisonguy
10-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Well, this year's team already has 33% more wins than last year and there's still 4 games left. 100% more wins is still a very good possibility, and that's pretty dang good improvement.

WYOBISONMAN
10-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Ahhhhhh....................deep breath.....................I am in a happy place................;)

DjKyRo
10-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Mods. I really appreciate the help in cleaning up the posts. I recognize that other users have very high expectations of Bison Football but diving into negativity isn't the answer.

BisoninNWMN
10-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Ahhhhhh....................deep breath.....................I am in a happy place................;)

....I'm not there yet.....blood pressure needs to come down some....a lot....:nod: :nod:

WYOBISONMAN
10-16-2010, 10:23 PM
....I'm not there yet.....blood pressure needs to come down some....a lot....:nod: :nod:

Drink..........have a good stiff drink........:D

runtheoption
10-16-2010, 10:24 PM

Hippy Stick, is that you?

You crazy, independent Wyoming types. :)

Ginsbach
10-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Mods. I really appreciate the help in cleaning up the posts. I recognize that other users have very high expectations of Bison Football but diving into negativity isn't the answer.

Don't you mean firemen?

WYOBISONMAN
10-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Hippy Stick, is that you?

You crazy, independent Wyoming types. :)

Nope....it is WYO......I just have 5 imported cases of Grain Belt Premium in my garage.............so I am very......very..........calm..........:D

runtheoption
10-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Nope....it is WYO......I just have 5 imported cases of Grain Belt Premium in my garage.............so I am very......very..........calm..........:D

Tap a Grain Belt...

WYOBISONMAN
10-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Tap a Grain Belt...

I have tapped a 12 pk already today.......LOL!

BlueBisonRock
10-16-2010, 11:13 PM
I have tapped a 12 pk already today.......LOL!

Yeah. After a bit of consideration....... I'd tap that! ;)

tjbison
10-16-2010, 11:16 PM
big Positive Badgers took the opening Kickoff to the House and then their D put up a 3 and out against the Buckeyes:nod: :nod:

sambini
10-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Bounce back Bison+++

Shawn-O
10-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Bounce back Bison+++

You are a great fan Sambini, the rest we can agree to disagree.

sambini
10-16-2010, 11:22 PM
You are a great fan Sambini, the rest we can agree to disagree. Im with them win or lose. Thats why
I raise money for Teammakers. Good kids and good people..

jaystus
10-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Indiana State putting up points the last 3 weeks

ndsubison1
10-16-2010, 11:48 PM
The td pass to Holloway was nice

bisonmike2
10-16-2010, 11:56 PM
if SDSU keeps winning our eventual loss to them won't look as bad.:hide:

/sorry couldn't help it.

BisoninNWMN
10-17-2010, 12:27 AM
if SDSU keeps winning our eventual loss to them won't look as bad.:hide:

/sorry couldn't help it.

Glass half-full.

Hopefully the Bison regroup for the next 3 games at home. IF we can win these home games........

A1pigskin
10-17-2010, 12:29 AM

Look at who his mentor was.

runtheoption
10-17-2010, 12:36 AM
Jose does make something out of nothing with his feet sometimes. He showed some excellent athleticism on a simple QB draw.

Jose shows no fear when running. He is not afraid to take on bigger, stronger guys. I thought Perez was gonna be in the game after that hit on Jose that caused the first fumble. That was a real snotlicker. He looked pretty woozy and got up a little slow. Tough kid!!!

sambini
10-17-2010, 12:44 AM
I agree Jose showed how tough he is.++

56BISON73
10-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Now Jose needs to show us how smart he is. Basic fundemental football decision making.

rdh701
10-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Tough is good. Smart is good. Much better to be tough and smart!!

Hambone
10-17-2010, 02:05 AM
No negativity here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4FprR_LNSU

Tatanka
10-17-2010, 02:07 AM
No negativity here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4FprR_LNSU

:rofl: No, none whatsoever. That's the epitome of bubble gum, bunnies and duckies though.

CarringtonBison
10-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Yeah. After a bit of consideration....... I'd tap that! ;)

You'd tap WYO.....

allrighty then

BlueBisonRock
10-17-2010, 02:40 AM
You'd tap WYO.....

allrighty then

Close. I'd tap WYO's Grain Belt.

SportsLover
10-17-2010, 02:47 AM
I sick of everything getting blown out of perspective after each loss. And than everyone jizz*** on the bison when we win. These next four games are all winnable. People think we cant win four games in a row but really its not going to be as hard as people think the next 3 are at home which will help the players a lot. Mohler can and will lead us into the playoffs with a 8-3 and from there who knows wat could happen. Also there is no need to even start to think about firing Craig until we have a Final record.

semobison
10-17-2010, 02:53 AM
Hey, we only had to punt twice!

NDSU1980
10-17-2010, 03:08 AM

I'm positive they said they never wanted to play us again ever.. Hate to make them go back on their word.

TheBisonator
10-17-2010, 03:33 AM
Here's what we have to look forward to:

Home vs an improving, but still questionable Indiana State team. This team comes out pumped and pissed. ISU Blue has done better, but they still give up gobs of points. We win this one. We're 5-3.

Home vs. a REALLY BAD Southern Illinois team. Their defense has been DECIMATED. If the Bunnies can beat them by 21 on the road, we can at least beat them by 14 at home. They have been plagued with injuries. Gratzek will be back also. We win this one. We're 6-3.

Home for the Marker versus SDSU. This one is the giant toss-up. I do not know which Bison team will come out to play this game. Could either be a win or a loss. 7-3 or 6-4.

On the road at a decent (but not as good as Illinois State) Missouri State team. This team gives up more points than Illinois State does. I think by this time, we will either be 6-4 or 7-3 with playoffs still a possibility (big or small, depending on the record). We have a good chance at winning this one. If we can score in the 30's at Youngstown, we can score in the 30's at MSU. 7-4 or 8-3.

Bottom line, depending on how we do against the Bunnies, I think there may be a decent chance at winning our last four.

I'm dead serious here. I was thinking about this earlier tonight. I think this Bison team is capable of beating everyone left on their regular season schedule.

SportsLover
10-17-2010, 03:38 AM
Here's what we have to look forward to:

Home vs an improving, but still questionable Indiana State team. This team comes out pumped and pissed. ISU Blue has done better, but they still give up gobs of points. We win this one. We're 5-3.

Home vs. a REALLY BAD Southern Illinois team. Their defense has been DECIMATED. If the Bunnies can beat them by 21 on the road, we can at least beat them by 14 at home. They have been plagued with injuries. Gratzek will be back also. We win this one. We're 6-3.

Home for the Marker versus SDSU. This one is the giant toss-up. I do not know which Bison team will come out to play this game. Could either be a win or a loss. 7-3 or 6-4.
On the road at a decent (but not as good as Illinois State) Missouri State team. This team gives up more points than Illinois State does. I think by this time, we will either be 6-4 or 7-3 with playoffs still a possibility (big or small, depending on the record). We have a good chance at winning this one. If we can score in the 30's at Youngstown, we can score in the 30's at MSU. 7-4 or 8-3.

Bottom line, depending on how we do against the Bunnies, I think there may be a decent chance at winning our last four.

I'm dead serious here. I was thinking about this earlier tonight. I think this Bison team is capable of beating everyone left on their regular season schedule.

Really hope they come into this game wanting revenge for the last 4 years. And do work.

TheBisonator
10-17-2010, 03:38 AM
One more thing: The only game we played this year so far where the opposing team looked completely like a better football team than us was the WIU game. You can blame the other two losses on stupid mistakes. This team is good enough to be 6-1 at this point. They are also bad enough to be 2-5 with the worst possible luck and maximum mistakes. They are 4-3 right now. The truth lies in a number squarely in the middle between 2 and 6. What's that saying about the truth lying somewhere in the middle???

99Bison
10-17-2010, 03:40 AM
The team appears to have the talent to have won every game this year.

TheBisonator
10-17-2010, 03:42 AM
I just want to make one more post.

I have not felt as, how should I say, "not terrible" after a loss for at least 3 years as I am feeling after this one. I have no idea why. Could it be that I truly have a lot of faith in this team?? Is my subconscious trying to tell me that things are going to get better from here?? I don't know. All I know is that I still feel confident about this team.

Two retarded mistakes by our QB is the reason why we lost. We didn't lose because we were a crappy football team.

SportsLover
10-17-2010, 03:48 AM
I just want to make one more post.

I have not felt as, how should I say, "not terrible" after a loss for at least 3 years as I am feeling after this one. I have no idea why. Could it be that I truly have a lot of faith in this team?? Is my subconscious trying to tell me that things are going to get better from here?? I don't know. All I know is that I still feel confident about this team.

Two retarded mistakes by our QB is the reason why we lost. We didn't lose because we were a crappy football team.

Exactly and thats how you want your football team to be able to do. Go into each game with a chance of coming out of win. Each player and coach is responsible for the loss. Not just mohlers fumbles or vigens plays or all the uncessary penalties we commit. Clean up a couple of things here and there and We can do this!

Bisonfan1
10-17-2010, 05:26 PM
This thread is so positive that I cant wait for a group hug at tailgating next week. This is just what I needed to remind me that the Bison do not suck, I am content with 6-5 or 7-4 seasons, and that we have the best coaches ever, I am jumping with joy that everyone is satisfied with the state of Bison football and this what we have to look forward to year after year, this is truly awesome !! I am overwelmed that we cant win the rivalry games and the games we are suposed to win we lose, this is just FANTASTIC, NARLEY, COOL, I am soooo happy that we can all tolerate this now and be positive, I am happier than a cat covered in horse shit and am heading down to the " Jump For Jesus" trampolene center where I will jump on the trampolene and sing hail the Bison. This no negativity thread is just what the doctor ordered after another Bison loss.

OrygunBison
10-17-2010, 05:37 PM
If absolutely nothing else, I am particularly fired up by what I think this team will blossom into. This is a very young team and there's some crazy talent. If we can harness all of it, we'll get deep into the playoffs before they graduate.

ndsubison1
10-17-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm just sick of the "sky is falling" posts here on Bisonville. I know it sucks to lose and it is frustrating seeing our team make mistakes and play undisciplined but still a lot of season left. I will judge more when the season is close to over. We can still make something happen. Will be tough, but I guess it's not over til the fat lady sings

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-18-2010, 02:31 AM
We were 2 steps out of bounds and this is a different ball game. A young team will learn from these correctable mistakes. We have a bunch of playmakers and we went up against a very good offense.

Exactly..............its not like we got blown out. Take back the two fumbles and we win. We'll be a .500 team this year, just like most Bison fans predicted before the season started.

DjKyRo
10-26-2010, 02:28 AM
You know, it's starting to seem like some people aren't even satisfied that we're still in the playoff hunt. Personally I'm stoked we're here, it's a hell of an improvement over last year when we were eliminated after Week 5. Let's get stoked about the possibilities and cheer the team to success rather than mope about what hasn't happened.

mgbison
10-26-2010, 02:36 AM
Also, we aren't going to win pretty this year, but who cares. We are going to fumble, Moehler will make some more mistakes, we will probably have some stupid penalties, but we are still have 3 exciting games left and hopefully can go 3-0.

So for the fans that are expecting us to win by 30 every game and only have 1 or 2 penalties, it ain't gonna happen.

SDbison
10-26-2010, 02:47 AM
OK dreamers........its reality time.....
On a scale of 1 to 10 this years Bison team is a 6.......maybe even a 7 now and then.....lets call them a 6.5.
To make the playoffs a team should be a 8, with luck maybe a 7.5 makes it.
Be positive all you want......this team needs to be much more disciplined, needs a better offensive game plan, about 4 more great players on D and a couple more on offense along with a whole lot more depth most everyhere.....then we can talk playoffs.

mgbison
10-26-2010, 02:53 AM
I was talking to a friend/former player after the game against ISUb and we were talking about the offense and coaching etc. We brought up the 80's and somehow ended up talking about how people are complaining about vanilla playcalling. We ran the veer in the 80's and how many plays did we run option left, option right, etc. That was the most vanilla offense a team could run, but it worked when players executed.

Secondly, I would say that we have better coaches now than we did back in the 80's. Rocky won here in the 80's, but his Northeastern squads were horrible. Also, where did all the coaches in the 80's end up coaching after NDSU? I don't know, but if they were that good of coaches they would've prob ended up somewhere. We just don't play the Morningsides, SCSU's, and Mankato's of the world anymore.

SportsLover
10-26-2010, 03:02 AM
OK dreamers........its reality time.....
On a scale of 1 to 10 this years Bison team is a 6.......maybe even a 7 now and then.....lets call them a 6.5.
To make the playoffs a team should be a 8, with luck maybe a 7.5 makes it.
Be positive all you want......this team needs to be much more disciplined, needs a better offensive game plan, about 4 more great players on D and a couple more on offense along with a whole lot more depth most everyhere.....then we can talk playoffs.

This the the positive thread. Get off and go back to b*tching about everything.

TransAmBison
10-26-2010, 03:04 AM
I was talking to a friend/former player after the game against ISUb and we were talking about the offense and coaching etc. We brought up the 80's and somehow ended up talking about how people are complaining about vanilla playcalling. We ran the veer in the 80's and how many plays did we run option left, option right, etc. That was the most vanilla offense a team could run, but it worked when players executed.

Secondly, I would say that we have better coaches now than we did back in the 80's. Rocky won here in the 80's, but his Northeastern squads were horrible. Also, where did all the coaches in the 80's end up coaching after NDSU? I don't know, but if they were that good of coaches they would've prob ended up somewhere. We just don't play the Morningsides, SCSU's, and Mankato's of the world anymore.
How uneducated of a statement is that. Seriously. How about you look at the support given at Northeastern.

SDbison
10-26-2010, 03:05 AM

wah wah wah.........
THe difference back in the 1980's is NDSU moved the ball up and down the field back then........they scored when thay had to and often stopped the opponents to cinch the game. They played on a so so outdoor field with crappy locker rooms. They had desire, toughness, pride and a winning attitude.
Now there are fancy coaches offices, better than some in the top half of FBS. There is a fancy locker room, media room, a great practice field, a top notch dome for playing in. Scholarships went up, teammaker donations went way up, coaches salaries went way up, the number of fans at tailgate and in the stands went way up........but
........overall bison winning and playoff appearances have gone way way down. Sad, but true.

mgbison
10-26-2010, 03:08 AM
but we now have just as many scholarships as everyone else. We would probably dominate the MVFC if we had 10 more scholarships than everyone else. We could've gave a full ride to Smith and Miller.

I finished your post for ya.

SDbison
10-26-2010, 03:08 AM
This the the positive thread. Get off and go back to b*tching about everything.
I find it hilarious that you really think there needs to be a thread where all here can live in the Nirvana of thinking the Bison are the end all team of the MVFC let alone FCS. All is great and nothing wrong with this Bison team tha needs to improve......some ares need drastic improvement.
But ingnore all that........tranquility now! Funny shit!

SDbison
10-26-2010, 03:10 AM
but we now have just as many scholarships as everyone else. We would probably dominate the MVFC if we had 10 more scholarships than everyone else. We could've gave a full ride to Smith and Miller.

I finished your post for ya.
Until you guys PROVE that NDSU had 10 more scholarships year in and year out than EVERY other team I call Bullshit.

DjKyRo
10-26-2010, 03:12 AM
I find it hilarious that you really think there needs to be a thread where all here can live in the Nirvana of thinking the Bison are the end all team of the MVFC let alone FCS. All is great and nothing wrong with this Bison team tha needs to improve......some ares need drastic improvement.
But ingnore all that........tranquility now! Funny shit!

There just needs to be a thread where we support the team rather than dwell on faults. We've won more games than we've lost and some of us choose to see that as a positive rather than hang on a bad fumble two games ago. We're in the playoff race, isn't that a good thing?

Choosing to support the team rather than apparently cheer against them (at least on the boards, obviously everyone here supports the team at games) is entirely up to the subject at hand, but why would you want to subject yourself to being miserable when there's reason to be proud of what we've accomplished? I just don't get it. It's like going to the football games only to grumble that other people are standing while you're doing this week's crossword puzzle. I just don't get it.

Obviously how you perceive Bison Football is up to you, but I choose to perceive it in such a way that I'm going to enjoy rooting for the team. If I talk the team up and we lose then hey, I wouldn't be the first and I'll take my crow. It happened with the Vikes this week. But when the team is successful, I prefer to have been the one who showed support when the chips were down and the times were tough and everyone else was jumping ship. If you have to be negative and would rather find ways to be miserable about the team and program, OK - just please don't do it on this thread.

NDSU1980
10-26-2010, 03:15 AM
wah wah wah.........
THe difference back in the 1980's is NDSU moved the ball up and down the field back then........they scored when thay had to and often stopped the opponents to cinch the game. They played on a so so outdoor field with crappy locker rooms. They had desire, toughness, pride and a winning attitude.
Now there are fancy coaches offices, better than some in the top half of FBS. There is a fancy locker room, media room, a great practice field, a top notch dome for playing in. Scholarships went up, teammaker donations went way up, coaches salaries went way up, the number of fans at tailgate and in the stands went way up........but
........overall bison winning and playoff appearances have gone way way down. Sad, but true.

The difference was that back in the 80's we played a lot of really weak teams like Augustana, Morningside, UND, etc, and now we are playing with the big boys and yes, the schedules are though. Things are going to be OK, at least compared to last year.

It's to the point I have to either quit reading your posts or get a prescription for anti-depressants. Seriously, you are getting that bad.

SDbison
10-26-2010, 03:15 AM
There just needs to be a thread where we support the team rather than dwell on faults. We've won more games than we've lost and some of us choose to see that as a positive rather than hang on a bad fumble two games ago. We're in the playoff race, isn't that a good thing?

Choosing to support the team rather than apparently cheer against them (at least on the boards, obviously everyone here supports the team at games) is entirely up to the subject at hand, but why would you want to subject yourself to being miserable when there's reason to be proud of what we've accomplished? I just don't get it. It's like going to the football games only to grumble that other people are standing while you're doing this week's crossword puzzle. I just don't get it.
Dude, your expectations need to be a bit higher........4-3 is nothing to be proud of.......

met1990
10-26-2010, 03:16 AM
Dude, your expectations need to be a bit higher........4-3 is nothing to be proud of.......

How about 5-3?

DjKyRo
10-26-2010, 03:21 AM

Am I completely satisfied with 5-3? No. Do I recognize it's improvement and that it bodes well, and in the meantime we're winning games? You bet.

High expectations are all well and good and I share them just as surely as others on the board do - but there's a point where you're just sabotaging yourself by having unrealistic hopes for the team's success. That's not to say I didn't think this team was capable of winning, but I recognized that coming off of a 3-8 year we had problems to fix. Going .500 would have been improvement and, while disappointing, would have been a step in the right direction. We're better than that now and have shown we have the ability to win tough games, so why not be proud of that?

It's like raising a child - you can expect them to get straight A's, never touch drugs or alcohol, always make the right decision, etc. etc. and then choose to physically discipline them when they fall short - at some point you're going to drive yourself crazy because nothing's perfect. However, if you expect B's and acknowledge that mistakes are going to be made, do you still have an unseccessful child? Is your kid now doomed to be an underachiever for life? Are you a bad parent? Heck no, you've still got above-average expectations with room for success beyond that. It's an organic entity and while expectations should be higher than your average program we still need to bear in mind the context of the situation. We slipped last year, so let's narrow our focus just slightly and broaden it again after we fix the immediate problems.

Again - what you choose to expect is entirely up to you, but keep the doomsayer talk in another thread, please.

ndsubison1
10-26-2010, 03:26 AM
the bison will win the fcs national championship

HandoEX
10-26-2010, 03:26 AM
6-3, here we come!
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

BlueBisonRock
10-26-2010, 03:27 AM
the bison will win the fcs national championship

Agree! Now lets discuss the year. :D

met1990
10-26-2010, 03:27 AM
Here's my positive post: Craig Bohl did an excellent job of winking at Phil Hansen during the Craig Bohl Football Show. Sure, it creeped the hell out my wife, but probably not as much as my shouting "Fouch!" every time Phil said the name of ISU's quarterback.

SDbison
10-26-2010, 03:32 AM
Am I completely satisfied with 5-3? No. Do I recognize it's improvement and that it bodes well, and in the meantime we're winning games? You bet.

High expectations are all well and good and I share them just as surely as others on the board do - but there's a point where you're just sabotaging yourself by having unrealistic hopes for the team's success. That's not to say I didn't think this team was capable of winning, but I recognized that coming off of a 3-8 year we had problems to fix. Going .500 would have been improvement and, while disappointing, would have been a step in the right direction. We're better than that now and have shown we have the ability to win tough games, so why not be proud of that?

It's like raising a child - you can expect them to get straight A's, never touch drugs or alcohol, always make the right decision, etc. etc. and then choose to physically discipline them when they fall short - at some point you're going to drive yourself crazy because nothing's perfect. However, if you expect B's and acknowledge that mistakes are going to be made, do you still have an unseccessful child? Is your kid now doomed to be an underachiever for life? Are you a bad parent? Heck no, you've still got above-average expectations with room for success beyond that. It's an organic entity and while expectations should be higher than your average program we still need to bear in mind the context of the situation. We slipped last year, so let's narrow our focus just slightly and broaden it again after we fix the immediate problems.

Again - what you choose to expect is entirely up to you, but keep the doomsayer talk in another thread, please.
Dj take a chill pill man.........you are just too intense about mediocrity.
bwah hahahhahhahahha!

TheBisonator
10-26-2010, 03:34 AM
Until you guys PROVE that NDSU had 10 more scholarships year in and year out than EVERY other team I call Bullshit.

You think Morningside, Augustana, St. Cloud and Mankato gave out the full max scholarships back in the 80's?? Sursly, dude???

DjKyRo
10-26-2010, 03:36 AM
Dj take a chill pill man.........you are just too intense about mediocrity.
bwah hahahhahhahahha!

I'm entirely chilled out, but for the fourth time please keep the downer talk (in this post, the "mediocrity" line) out of this thread. Thanks.

SDbison
10-26-2010, 03:40 AM
I'm entirely chilled out, but for the fourth time please keep the downer talk (in this post, the "mediocrity" line) out of this thread. Thanks.
Come arrest me for speaking reality. I think you young people really believe the PC control crap your teachers brainwashed you with.

DjKyRo
10-26-2010, 03:43 AM
Come arrest me for speaking reality. I think you young people really believe the PC control crap your teachers brainwashed you with.

That's your opinion and that's totally cool. But let's please keep negative talk and personal attacks out of this thread. I know you're a great guy IRL SD, but I don't get why you need to put people down for wanting to cheer for the Bison.

bisoneer
10-26-2010, 03:54 AM
Gratzek RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No run offense for the opposing team when he is in.... and he can SACK the qb too!

ndsubison1
10-26-2010, 03:55 AM
Daniel Eaves pick 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HandoEX
10-26-2010, 03:56 AM
That's your opinion and that's totally cool. But let's please keep negative talk and personal attacks out of this thread. I know you're a great guy IRL SD, but I don't get why you need to put people down for wanting to cheer for the Bison.
Are you shocked that SD is negative? So why read his posts in a thread like this? Just ignore his posts.

SportsLover
10-26-2010, 04:49 AM
Are you shocked that SD is negative? So why read his posts in a thread like this? Just ignore his posts.

No were not shocked. But we shouldnt have to ignore his posts. The guy should just starting going to home state games (SDSU). Obviously he thinks he is wasting money on gas for the drive up and on tickets.

BlueBisonRock
10-26-2010, 05:58 AM
No were not shocked. But we shouldnt have to ignore his posts. The guy should just starting going to home state games (SDSU). Obviously he thinks he is wasting money on gas for the drive up and on tickets.

Kind of a negative point for a 'lets not be negative' thread.

Have you ever had a face to face discussion with SD? The dude has a lot of insight, intensity, and passion. And, the discussions are respectful. Extend yourself. You may just be surprised.

SportsLover
10-26-2010, 06:04 AM
Kind of a negative point for a 'lets not be negative' thread.

Have you ever had a face to face discussion with SD? The dude has a lot of insight, intensity, and passion. And, the discussions are respectful. Extend yourself. You may just be surprised.

No i have not and im sure the he is a great guy. But we've had some positive points for this year and are still in a playoff hunt. The guy is treating this team like they are a bunch of losers that can't do anything right.

BlueBisonRock
10-26-2010, 06:16 AM
No i have not and im sure the he is a great guy. But we've had some positive points for this year and are still in a playoff hunt. The guy is treating this team like they are a bunch of losers that can't do anything right.

He and I have discussions almost every home game. And he expects the team to think like and act like winners. Lets call this a championship mindset. Champions find a way to get the job done where loosers find an excuse. Like you, I am looking forward to this team responding as champions with attitude and expectations.

Perhaps its age, but I have found that a good face to face discussion about differences beats the hell out of a pissing match. Especially in the RRV where water will freeze before it hits the ground.

DjKyRo
10-26-2010, 06:35 AM
He and I have discussions almost every home game. And he expects the team to think like and act like winners. Lets call this a championship mindset. Champions find a way to get the job done where loosers find an excuse. Like you, I am looking forward to this team responding as champions with attitude and expectations.

Perhaps its age, but I have found that a good face to face discussion about differences beats the hell out of a pissing match. Especially in the RRV where water will freeze before it hits the ground.

This^ SD's a great guy out tailgating and is always quick to offer some good food, a beer, or of course a Jag-bomb. ;)

That said, and while opinions on a message board amount to jack in real life as far as I'm concerned, we shouldn't have to be put down on a message board. If you don't like what's being posted on this thread, you've got the whole rest of the site to post negative stuff. Just give us somewhere we don't have to watch our team get dragged through the mud.

TransAmBison
10-26-2010, 11:00 AM
You think Morningside, Augustana, St. Cloud and Mankato gave out the full max scholarships back in the 80's?? Sursly, dude???
I believe he said everybody...that includes a lot more teams then the 4 you mentioned. Remember, there were teams outside our conference.

mgbison
10-26-2010, 12:06 PM
i said everybody, but i should've said a lot or most or whatever. At the time I didn't know my post was gonna get picked apart by each word.

Bottom line is he started this thread as the no negativity thread. If people want to complain about stuff, they can start a worlds coming to an end thread and stay out of this one.

My thoughts are that having Heagle in the secondary is gonna be huge when we play SIU and SDSU. More specifically SDSU cause they are gonna try to establish the run with Minnett and I like Heagle's aggressiveness in the run game.

Also, how good is our defense gonna be in the future with M Williams. Hopefully, it gets to the point where we can put him on the opposing teams best wideout and do some man to man. We haven't had a guy like him in the secondary since maybe the Matt Gorman days.

If the young interior dline guys can add about 10 to 20 lbs we should have a really good defense for the next 3 to 4 years. Someone is gonna have to step up next year to replace Gratzek.

TransAmBison
10-26-2010, 12:54 PM
I totally agree about M Williams. He is a beast and is only going to get better. I do see our defense becoming quite dominating in the next year or two. They need to improve the tackling and get a bit more physical, but the ingredients are there.

I can get the "no negativity" point, but I just think it is hard to handle for some when the no negativity becomes unbridled optimism given the current situation.

If the Bison find a way to go 3-0 in the next three games I would be very excited. Hopefully it would put us in the playoffs, but that is a long way off.

Facts
10-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Question to ponder: Is objectivity, negative?

THEsocalledfan
10-26-2010, 01:25 PM
To many on this board, yes.

HandoEX
10-26-2010, 01:42 PM

This is a a good point to make. However, I don't care about being objective in a thread like this. I want to be able to read about how bright the future is after every loss and how we're going to win the national championship after every win. There are a bazillion threads for pointing out the team's downfalls. This isn't it.

:ranting:

:paperbag:

mgbison
10-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Every team in the country is gonna have some type of issues. Even Oregon fans probably have some issues with their team. However, it seems after every Bison loss, fans just go off ripping every player, coach, etc. That negative mindset gets old. Vigen isn't going to call a perfect game every game, but no offensive coordinator in the country is gonna call a perfect game (except maybe oregon's). Coordinators (offensive or defensive) are only as good as the personel they have in place. I don't see a glaring problem with either side of the ball. We are improving and thats the biggest thing. We have a very young team that went 3-8 last year and we are going into November with a shot at making the playoffs if we win out. How can our fans not be happy with our current situation? More importantly, all three games are very winnable and the tougher of the 2 are at home.

Recruiting for example, Bohl admitted he messed up his approach after the 10-1 seasons. It seems his new approach is working and we've had a couple of solid classes the past 3 years. I like the fact that he saw something wasn't working and changed his approach. Its having two bad classes back to back that is killing us right now. Its not the schemes we are running. It doesn't matter if you run a 4-3 or 3-4, if you have the players the schemes will work.

NDSUstudent
10-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Objectivity is all about taking a step back and looking at the big picture, some people here can't see the forest for the trees. They either harp on every negative detail or talk about all the positives. It is turning into a sad dynamic.

When I take a step back I see that we have three winnable games, a defense that is improving, but a young team that still makes too many mistakes. I see way more positives than last year, but not enough to put me on they we are going to win out bandwagon. I want to see it happen, but I need to see more improvement first.

DjKyRo
10-26-2010, 02:13 PM
I plan on making a career out of sports writing/analysis - I'm fully aware our team has things to improve on. Youth is going to kill us at times (already has?) but I don't like seeing my team called mediocre when they're 5-3. I'm not deluding myself here.

NorthernBison
10-26-2010, 02:13 PM
I understand the frustration when the team loses games that we think they should win.

I don't understand the people who still continue to criticize everything even after a win.

I have limited patience for people who see everything as "sunshine and roses" but I have even less desire to be around people who are constantly negative. Life is way too short to live like that.

THEsocalledfan
10-26-2010, 02:27 PM
...but I don't like seeing my team called mediocre when they're 5-3.

Neither do I. Thus the reason these young guys need to prove they are not the mediocre team I, and many others, think they are.

HandoEX
10-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Going forward, I'll only be reading posts that contain the words...

PUMP IT UP

in big, red, bold, capital letter. :D

DjKyRo
10-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Neither do I. Thus the reason these young guys need to prove they are not the mediocre team I, and many others, think they are.

Then think it on a different thread.

THEsocalledfan
10-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Then think it on a different thread.

So, now it is negative to want them to be great? I guess I just can't follow how this is negative!

TransAmBison
10-26-2010, 02:55 PM
I wonder if the title of the thread is sparking fires. Just saying "No negativity" can ignite people by saying you can't talk about this or that. Maybe, just maybe, a better choice could have been something to the effect of"What positives do you see about this team". Sure, the intent is the same, but the first just seems to trigger more. I usually don't put a lot of stock in something simple like this, but it may be something.

Seems better to ask for something than to tell people what they can't do. Just sayin*

*Figured I better use it before CAS has it copyrighted.

semobison
10-26-2010, 03:14 PM
DjKyRo, I respect the fact that your trying to be positive here. But, to some of us old timers who have been watching bison football for 30 years 5-3 is very mediocre, unacceptable, and somthing needs to be fixed. Now, I know its a differnt era, and there has been some improvement with our team this year, but, with our resourses, funding, stadium etc...etc...we should never have to settle for mediocre. Now, if we win out, and only if we win out, will I consider this year a rousing success. anything else is ...well...mediocre!

DjKyRo
10-26-2010, 03:41 PM
DjKyRo, I respect the fact that your trying to be positive here. But, to some of us old timers who have been watching bison football for 30 years 5-3 is very mediocre, unacceptable, and somthing needs to be fixed. Now, I know its a differnt era, and there has been some improvement with our team this year, but, with our resourses, funding, stadium etc...etc...we should never have to settle for mediocre. Now, if we win out, and only if we win out, will I consider this year a rousing success. anything else is ...well...mediocre!

And as I told SD - that's fine, that's your opinion. Let's just keep it off this thread.

OrygunBison
10-26-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm really not sure what the f'ing problem is here. Someone started a thread with a specific purpose. Many of you that seem to be bent on derailing it are the same nazis that get pissed off about people getting off topic on other threads.

Just go away and let some people have some peace for a change. It is pretty simple. Good lord.

BlueBisonRock
10-26-2010, 03:47 PM

Asked another way, Is negativity objective? :confused:

semobison
10-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Mediocre is not negative. Its what our football team is. Very average at this point!....Look at the conference stats. were in the middle or bottom of every stat including the wins and losses.... Talk about being Nazi's, telling people to stay out of this thread?? This is America, where difference in opinion is accepted and even expected....Can we win out, yes absolutely, but we need to continue to stop the run, get rid of the penalties, and throw the ball successfully down field! Lets enjoy the week off. SIU is very beatable....One at a time!

bisonmike2
10-26-2010, 04:09 PM
On the positive side, it appears that Jose can now move this offense. It's not perfect and alot of production is coming from DJ but considering where we were a couple weeks into the season it didn't look like a Jose run offense could score more than 10 points a game.

CAS4127
10-26-2010, 04:12 PM
"Jose can now move this offense" against an inferior defense. Perspective please, and let's wait to see what he does against upcoming, tough-nosed defense that matches up with us. No, this is not a negative post, it is a post that begs for perspective.

bisonmike2
10-26-2010, 04:17 PM
"Jose can now move this offense" against an inferior defense. Perspective please, and let's wait to see what he does against upcoming, tough-nosed defense that matches up with us. No, this is not a negative post, it is a post that begs for perspective.

It's points on the board, against a defense. At this point I'm not going to be selective. It's the kool-aid thread. I'm negative enough in the other ones.

CAS4127
10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
It's points on the board, against a defense. At this point I'm not going to be selective. It's the kool-aid thread. I'm negative enough in the other ones.

Good by me.:cheers:

SDbison
10-26-2010, 04:59 PM
I think the concept of a "no negativity" thread is gay.
I highly doubt USC, Ohio state, Oregon State, or even Minnesota has threads like this..........

CAS4127
10-26-2010, 05:12 PM
I think the concept of a "no negativity" thread is gay. I highly doubt USC, Ohio state, Oregon State, or even Minnesota has threads like this..........

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thank you, sir, for my first laugh of the day!!

bisonmike2
10-26-2010, 05:37 PM
I highly doubt USC, Ohio state, Oregon State, or even Minnesota has threads like this..........

Agreed and that reminds me. Has anyone seen that commercial with Hillary Duff who says that saying "That's so gay" is bad or something? I don't know exactly what she says, I didn't pay attention because it's a pretty gay commercial.

56BISON73
10-26-2010, 05:42 PM

Well done SD, Well done!!!!!! :D

THEsocalledfan
10-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Am I the first to notice that "No Negativity" is a double negative? Is it negative to point that out or is it a positive move to point out a better way of using English?

DjKyRo
10-26-2010, 06:05 PM
I give up. The Bison might as well throw in the towel and we as fans have nothing to look forward to. You guys win, you've broken an otherwise delusional fan. Congratulations.

TransAmBison
10-26-2010, 06:12 PM
I give up. The Bison might as well throw in the towel and we as fans have nothing to look forward to. You guys win, you've broken an otherwise delusional fan. Congratulations.
Welcome to the club Brother DjKyRo. :D

runtheoption
10-26-2010, 06:17 PM

I'm glad to here you say this. Me too. And so am I. :D

bisonatrix
10-26-2010, 06:24 PM
I just can't stand watching Bison fans cut on the team worse than even Sioux fans. I'd like at least one thread where fans cheer for the team instead of constantly finding ways to fulfill narcissistic self-loathing fetishes.

The team caved today. Very true. But we're doing things right and we're still 4-3 if the team doesn't make some magic late in the 4th. It's just disgusting to hear things like "Trainwreck" "we suck" etc. when the team has turned around significantly from last season.

No negativity or debbie downerism on this thread, please.

You want no negativity? beat the eygptian dogs and the bunnies from SIU and SDSU. what can you single out as our quality wins in our league/FCS? yes I know about Kansas, but to make the playoffs you have to win in your league. 6-5 with a KU win wouldnt get us dancing come playoff time. so again. our FCS wins are USD (decent team but not going to thrill the committee, they've done nothing of note since the Minnesota win), Youngstown (probably our best conference win), and ISU (who knows if their for real or not). our losses? UNI (who leads the league), Western Illinois (a BAD home loss too), and Ill. State (again, winnable game). In a mediocre league, we're not exactly tearing it up.

yes this infinetly better than last year, but lets be honest, this team doesnt hold a candle to 06 and 07. they could just as easily go 0-3 at the end here (personally I think Mo State is a trap game even if we win the next two). and to make playoffs, we have to go 3-0. SIU may be down but that would still be a quality win IMO, and of course, its been FAR to long since we beat the Bunnies

bisonhusker
10-26-2010, 06:26 PM

SD....You a big Oregon State fan? Or just a fan of their mascot?

BlueBisonRock
10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Love this thread as it proves a point. Some of us would bitch if our ice cream was cold or our coffee hot. KyRo, you dun good in getting this out on the table.

Can we be a bit more objective or (god forbid) positive? I believe that we can. The Bison are not dominating but the sky is also still in place. The team has taken a step forward. Agree, it is not where we want it to be or expect it to be, but that is a different discussion.

Personally, I will be happy with having factual discussions where Prozac is not required.

As an aside, I did check the Gopherhole for a 'lets be positive' thread. I could not find one. However, I did find a thread where they are bitchin' about the band. Hmmmn, we missed that opportunity. :D

Time to lighten up and realize that we have an opportunity to win even though we will not dominate.

ndsubison1
10-26-2010, 07:18 PM

At the same time we need to be realistic. If you expected this team to be 8-0 right now then you are crazy. We were 3-8 last year and god awful. You have to crawl before you can walk...

OrygunBison
10-26-2010, 07:23 PM

The real sad thing is that some feel the need to have this "gay" thread because they are overwhelmed by the relentless negativity of some.

If you look at the fan bases of those other schools that you mention, they are not even close to how manic depressive our fan base is. Sure they have their ups and downs and some negativity but our people take the cake in this regard. Every single positive comment on the BV football board gets steamrolled with something pissy under the guise of being "constructive". It really does get old.

For my own part, I am just going to stay out of the Football Forum for awhile. It really doesn't do anything for me anymore. (Que SD snide comment about a door hitting my ass on the way out blah, blah, blah...)

CAS4127
At the same time we need to be realistic. If you expected this team to be 8-0 right now then you are crazy. We were 3-8 last year and god awful. If have to crawl before you can walk...

Mingm, my man, you have "grown" since I first joined this forum a couple months back. What you are saying, essentially, is that we need to keep everything in perpsective. No win is so great that we are the best; no loss is so bad that we are the worst; but, some things are so glaring that they just beg to be discussed/commented upon.

THEsocalledfan
As an aside, I did check the Gopherhole for a 'lets be positive' thread. I could not find one. However, I did find a thread where they are bitchin' about the band.

Oh, fun, a new challenge. I'll start:

The band drinks milk!

(By the way, what is the origin of that? Did someone say it once and just took off?)

BlueBisonRock
10-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Oh, fun, a new challenge. I'll start:

The band drinks milk!

(By the way, what is the origin of that? Did someone say it once and just took off?)

I believe I can add some insight to the origins of that cheer! Yes, it was conceived well before Lakes despite any pending claims.

Look me up at tailgating* and I will share my insight. :D

* An attempt, though feeble, to get TSOC off his SD couch and up to a Bison game!

THEsocalledfan
10-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Rock, I've made it to two games this year, and for sure will be at SDSU......stop over to see TAB that day; that's where I will be.

BlueBisonRock
10-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Rock, I've made it to two games this year, and for sure will be at SDSU......stop over to see TAB that day; that's where I will be.

Surprised I have not run into you there. Will be happy to do so.

CAS4127
10-26-2010, 07:36 PM
By BBR: "I did check the Gopherhole for a 'lets be positive' thread". Yes, but did you check for a "no negativity" thread. They ARE different ya know?! If this thread was titled, "only positive posts allowed thread", we might be in bidness!!

SDbison
10-26-2010, 07:37 PM
So I just don't get it........we don't need an all positive thread or an all negative thread.......just some discussion about whats going on good and bad.
Some of you have me all wrong.....I am a high expectations person.......I expect performance and only give out compliments when something is drastically improved or something exceptional happens. My focus is on where things are lacking, what needs improvement. Just obvious to me from a business and engineering perspective. I don't believe in fluff (i.e giving out rewards because someone showed up or did the job they were supposed to).
I sincerely hope the Bison players and coaches are pissed about being 5-3 with their backs against the wall. I hope they practice harder understanding the tall task ahead and the need to improve every week from now on. If they settled for, "hey we are much better than last year", that would be a shame. Being content with a bit of improvement from sucking is not good. The only way to achieve the goal of making the playoffs is to work extremely hard on the parts of the game that are lacking and start getting it done on gameday.
Just my opinion....rant done!

runtheoption
10-26-2010, 07:55 PM
So I just don't get it........we don't need an all positive thread or an all negative thread.......just some discussion about whats going on good and bad.
Some of you have me all wrong.....I am a high expectations person.......I expect performance and only give out compliments when something is drastically improved or something exceptional happens. My focus is on where things are lacking, what needs improvement. Just obvious to me from a business and engineering perspective. I don't believe in fluff (i.e giving out rewards because someone showed up or did the job they were supposed to).
I sincerely hope the Bison players and coaches are pissed about being 5-3 with their backs against the wall. I hope they practice harder understanding the tall task ahead and the need to improve every week from now on. If they settled for, "hey we are much better than last year", that would be a shame. Being content with a bit of improvement from sucking is not good. The only way to achieve the goal of making the playoffs is to work extremely hard on the parts of the game that are lacking and start getting it done on gameday.
Just my opinion....rant done!

I give you an award for the Feel Good Post of the Day. You are a winner. Here you go. :)

BlueBisonRock
10-26-2010, 07:56 PM
By BBR: "I did check the Gopherhole for a 'lets be positive' thread". Yes, but did you check for a "no negativity" thread. They ARE different ya know?! If this thread was titled, "only positive posts allowed thread", we might be in bidness!!

Some people's kids! :D

Yep, I also have now checked for a no negativity thread. There is no thread, but there is more than a bit of negativity in the hole.

The two additional threads that now stand out (had previously pimped the band thread) have to do with a flyover being cancelled and fans trying to find a DI school they could beat in football. I was surprised that the Who were not mentioned, but I can understand that the other Dakota schools have that fanbase frightened of any Dakota school.

DjKyRo
10-27-2010, 10:05 PM
The two additional threads that now stand out (had previously pimped the band thread) have to do with a flyover being cancelled and fans trying to find a DI school they could beat in football. I was surprised that the Who were not mentioned, but I can understand that the other Dakota schools have that fanbase frightened of any Dakota school.

They probably don't know UND has any sports programs besides hockey. It's probably all any Minnesota recruits hear about.

At any rate, good news everyone - I tried taking what they call the "realism" (on BV meaning "assume/expect the worst") line of thinking and puked in my mouth a little bit, so I'm right back on board the bandwagon. NDSU is three wins away from our first playoff berth and we should be stoked for that and cheering harder than ever. I know I will be leading up to a win vs. SIU.

Three games. Take them one at a time and each is very winnable.

Bisonfan1
10-28-2010, 02:11 AM
They probably don't know UND has any sports programs besides hockey. It's probably all any Minnesota recruits hear about.

At any rate, good news everyone - I tried taking what they call the "realism" (on BV meaning "assume/expect the worst") line of thinking and puked in my mouth a little bit, so I'm right back on board the bandwagon. NDSU is three wins away from our first playoff berth and we should be stoked for that and cheering harder than ever. I know I will be leading up to a win vs. SIU.

Three games. Take them one at a time and each is very winnable.

I absouletly love your passion and the fact you want to see a playoff or a playoff caliber team. Once you experience this you will never settle for a middle of the road Bison team ever again, you will expect the Bison to be in the hunt every year - PERIOD - you MAY tolerate an off year, but you should never tolerate more than 2, its been 20 years since a National Championship, its been a zillion years since a home playoff game it seems. Now you take guys on this board that have played, students that went to the games, or fans that went to the games and you have been waiting 20 damn years after watching/participating in 4 or 5 National championship games in a ten year period only to watch the program being run by a homo fairy that started the downfall of Bison football and has really never recovered since, then you watch that "Fargo Dome" being built knowing fully "THEY" have taken away home field advantage and simply made an even playing field. The bitchers, winers , moaners, complainers on this board that have been shelling money to Team Makers or simply have been buying tickets to support the program the last 20 years have every right to be upset about the state of Bison Football after watching all the success in the past, and then one fiasco after another for the last 20. Please dont be so quick to jump on these guys, because once you experience the ultimate, there is NO going back. I would not trade my experiences of all the great teams of the 80's and all the time, support and money I have invested to towards continued succes of bison football for anything. my only regret is that I was not able to see all the great teams of the 60's !!. I will POSITIVELY continue to support the Bison, But I am demanding POSITIVE RESULTS !! As General George Patton would say " NOW YOU SOB'S, YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL"

tjbison
10-28-2010, 02:23 AM
I absouletly love your passion and the fact you want to see a playoff or a playoff caliber team. Once you experience this you will never settle for a middle of the road Bison team ever again, you will expect the Bison to be in the hunt every year - PERIOD - you MAY tolerate an off year, but you should never tolerate more than 2, its been 20 years since a National Championship, its been a zillion years since a home playoff game it seems. Now you take guys on this board that have played, students that went to the games, or fans that went to the games and you have been waiting 20 damn years after watching/participating in 4 or 5 National championship games in a ten year period only to watch the program being run by a homo fairy that started the downfall of Bison football and has really never recovered since, then you watch that "Fargo Dome" being built knowing fully "THEY" have taken away home field advantage and simply made an even playing field. The bitchers, winers , moaners, complainers on this board that have been shelling money to Team Makers or simply have been buying tickets to support the program the last 20 years have every right to be upset about the state of Bison Football after watching all the success in the past, and then one fiasco after another for the last 20. Please dont be so quick to jump on these guys, because once you experience the ultimate, there is NO going back. I would not trade my experiences of all the great teams of the 80's and all the time, support and money I have invested to towards continued succes of bison football for anything. my only regret is that I was not able to see all the great teams of the 60's !!. I will POSITIVELY continue to support the Bison, But I am demanding POSITIVE RESULTS !! As General George Patton would say " NOW YOU SOB'S, YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL"

AMEN BRO!!!!!

BadlandsBison
10-28-2010, 02:59 AM

Would you consider being a Motivational Speaker?

gotts
10-28-2010, 04:07 AM
Would you consider being a Motivational Speaker?

http://www.myteespot.com/images/Images_d/d_7445.jpg

DjKyRo
10-28-2010, 07:20 AM

I played for Century High School in Bismarck and was a WR on the '08 team that went 11-1 and fell one game short of the state championship. The school hadn't made it past the first round since the early 90's so believe me, I know what a high-caliber team can do. I've played for one. I'm not cheering for my team out of ignorance, I just have too much school pride to tolerate anything outright condemning of the team. If anyone with the words Sioux, Rabbit, Panther, etc. etc. said half the stuff some Bison posters do they'd get relegated to the smack forum and Lakes would wonder why he's moderated when trolls get to post.

I'm no foe of criticism, which is what people seem to think. I've posted several times in the GDTs things like "Titus needs to make that downfield block" or "our D has to get better in the intermediate passing game." For the gazillionth time, I'm not delusional and I'm not blocking out this team's shortcomings, because they have them. I simply the think the good outweighs the bad and that we're in a position a lot of other teams would kill for, in control of our own destiny and with a chance at the playoffs. Go back a year and imagine how 3-8 felt.

What I'm tired of is the outright negativity. No matter what the team does that's short of perfect posters are saying the same things - "we suck" "we're mediocre" "we should lose by 50." No true fan ever picks against their team in my book, and no true fan ever condemns the student-athletes that put so much effort into the product on the field, particularly when they haven't fucked up that bad. If we miss the playoffs in a year we should make it (a la UNI 2009) then absolutely, change needs to happen at some level. But when we've got a shot and the team needs our support, we should be there to provide it. It's exactly like the Dome situation - we have posters here waiting to be entertained and waiting for expectations to be filled, and we have fans who are getting up and being a part of the experience. Considering the vitriol to the corporeal manifestations of the former, I'm surprised at some of the reactions of the posters in that analogous category.

Like I've said a dozen times - keep outright negative stuff out of this thread please, and if you have criticisms of the team post in one of the GDT's, one of the recruiting threads, or any other of the 1,000+ threads in the football forum. I'd like a thread where we focus on what the team is doing well and where we rally support for the next three critical games. People are more than welcome to their own opinions, and I've been personally insulted too many times to bother changing their minds - just don't post those negative opinions here. Please.

SportsLover
10-28-2010, 08:59 AM
I played for Century High School in Bismarck and was a WR on the '08 team that went 11-1 and fell one game short of the state championship. The school hadn't made it past the first round since the early 90's so believe me, I know what a high-caliber team can do. I've played for one. I'm not cheering for my team out of ignorance, I just have too much school pride to tolerate anything outright condemning of the team. If anyone with the words Sioux, Rabbit, Panther, etc. etc. said half the stuff some Bison posters do they'd get relegated to the smack forum and Lakes would wonder why he's moderated when trolls get to post.

I'm no foe of criticism, which is what people seem to think. I've posted several times in the GDTs things like "Titus needs to make that downfield block" or "our D has to get better in the intermediate passing game." For the gazillionth time, I'm not delusional and I'm not blocking out this team's shortcomings, because they have them. I simply the think the good outweighs the bad and that we're in a position a lot of other teams would kill for, in control of our own destiny and with a chance at the playoffs. Go back a year and imagine how 3-8 felt.

What I'm tired of is the outright negativity. No matter what the team does that's short of perfect posters are saying the same things - "we suck" "we're mediocre" "we should lose by 50." No true fan ever picks against their team in my book, and no true fan ever condemns the student-athletes that put so much effort into the product on the field, particularly when they haven't fucked up that bad. If we miss the playoffs in a year we should make it (a la UNI 2009) then absolutely, change needs to happen at some level. But when we've got a shot and the team needs our support, we should be there to provide it. It's exactly like the Dome situation - we have posters here waiting to be entertained and waiting for expectations to be filled, and we have fans who are getting up and being a part of the experience. Considering the vitriol to the corporeal manifestations of the former, I'm surprised at some of the reactions of the posters in that analogous category.

Like I've said a dozen times - keep outright negative stuff out of this thread please, and if you have criticisms of the team post in one of the GDT's, one of the recruiting threads, or any other of the 1,000+ threads in the football forum. I'd like a thread where we focus on what the team is doing well and where we rally support for the next three critical games. People are more than welcome to their own opinions, and I've been personally insulted too many times to bother changing their minds - just don't post those negative opinions here. Please.

Thank you for that. I hope people understand and listen cuz its all true we aren't the best team in the FCS and probably our conference but we have a chance to play in our first FCS playoff game. Sure its going to be a tough 3 games. But anything is possible and I believe and thats wats this thread is for the believers. Go Bison!!

SDbison
10-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Here is what I recently sent in an e-mail to another Bisonville poster. Might help you eternal optomists understand where I am coming from:
I get it, you don’t appreciate what you consider to be negativity from me. I guess it is not just me venting, but many others. Football is still king at NDSU (maybe not much longer) and I believe the majority of fans are tired of waiting for just a so-so year. We expect more. If I really believed NDSU was about to turn the corner then I would not be this aggressive, but I see new areas of weakness for next year (lose Gratzek on D, still questions on Dbacks, lose a pretty good punter, current kicker not that great, anemic WC offense, questionable Tampa 2 D, Mohler over Jensen, etc.) and somehow Bohl still smiling and telling us how tough it is in the MVFC. Just not acceptable.
I love how you pump the program, especially basketball, but we will never be on the top so expectations are lower. Getting to the Dance now and then is as good as it gets. I can enjoy watching Bison basketball win an important game here and there knowing that watching the team develop is part of the fun. It’s not the same with football.
Overall this team doesn’t deserve the #22 ranking. They are only still ranked due to the fluke win over Kansas. The Bison got pumped up and somehow Kansas never got out of the chutes, and look at Kansas now. No, I didn’t expect great things out of the 2010 Bison team, but I did expect improvement throughout the year. I don’t see it. Maybe these last 3 games is when it will happen and I will be surprised.
You asked for solutions from fans as Bisonville, well here are a few that we would like to see, but have no control over making happen:
1. Open up the offense, quit running up the gut on 1st down, modify the West Coast so it’s not so predictable.

2. On defense, the Tampa 2 needs some help. Need more pass rush to prevent the easy passing that occurs for most every team we play.

3. Recruiting still not up to par and maybe the latest recruits will start to change that, but Bohl needs more and even better for next year.

4. Team Leadership, confidence and energy on the field. These guys still look too tentative and not sure if the overall intensity is there. How do you light a fire?

5. Quality of coaching is questionable. The biggest problem area is with the offensive coordinator, might even say QB coaching. Vigen may be the issue.

6. Overall Bohl is not getting it done and I say he has to finish strong and improve on it next year or he should be done as the Bison head coach.

mgbison
10-28-2010, 05:44 PM
This is college football. Players graduate after four years and everybody has to reload, so every team is gonna have question marks going into a new season. Big deal. Gratzek will be replaceable. Drevlow, Juekem, Perry will add some more pounds in the offseason and we will be fine.

How in the world do you not think we've turned the corner? We are way more athletic this year and have a shot at the playoffs in November. It is no longer 1980, and we will never again dominate like we did in the 80's. There is more parity than ever in college sports. We have plenty of athletes in ND for D2, but for D1 we have to gamble on kids not from this area. It took the coaches a couple of classes to figure out what works. Living in Fargo is quite an adjustment for some kids.

How can you say our offense hasn't improved since the beginning of the year? Our o-line was a mess after the UNI game. Not many plays are gonna work when your o-line is getting manhandled and pancaked. We have 2 QB's who can run the offense. We will have a QB battle in the offseason with 2 proven young QB's. We will add some more depth at wide receiver with the top 2 prospects in the region with Vraa and Gebhardt (sp?).

Special teams. Ryan Smith - enough said. We actually make field goals and extra points this year. We won a game because a fg kicker made a couple of field goals (wouldn't have happened last year). Our kick return team has made huge strides. Howard and Williams are consistently returning kicks to midfield. How are we not improving?

As far as defense goes. There are ways to exploit every type of defense, whether it be the 3-4 or tampa 2. Look at where our defense was last year compared to this year. How can you say we haven't improved? It's night and day. Last game, 4 out of our top 6 tackelers were freshman.

The best post on bisonville was when someone was complaining about running on every first down against ISUr, and when another poster posted every single first down play and we were gaining at least 5 to 6 yards per play. Still people would complain that we run too much on first down. Is the playcalling perfect? No, but it's never gonna be.

Fumbling and penalties are hurting us. Those are correctable mistakes and
they happen in football.

DjKyRo
10-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Bison Football is back on the upswing. I'm stoked to be a part of that.

SDbison
10-28-2010, 06:14 PM
This is college football. Players graduate after four years and everybody has to reload, so every team is gonna have question marks going into a new season. Big deal. Gratzek will be replaceable. Drevlow, Juekem, Perry will add some more pounds in the offseason and we will be fine.

How in the world do you not think we've turned the corner? We are way more athletic this year and have a shot at the playoffs in November. It is no longer 1980, and we will never again dominate like we did in the 80's. There is more parity than ever in college sports. We have plenty of athletes in ND for D2, but for D1 we have to gamble on kids not from this area. It took the coaches a couple of classes to figure out what works. Living in Fargo is quite an adjustment for some kids.

How can you say our offense hasn't improved since the beginning of the year? Our o-line was a mess after the UNI game. Not many plays are gonna work when your o-line is getting manhandled and pancaked. We have 2 QB's who can run the offense. We will have a QB battle in the offseason with 2 proven young QB's. We will add some more depth at wide receiver with the top 2 prospects in the region with Vraa and Gebhardt (sp?).

Special teams. Ryan Smith - enough said. We actually make field goals and extra points this year. We won a game because a fg kicker made a couple of field goals (wouldn't have happened last year). Our kick return team has made huge strides. Howard and Williams are consistently returning kicks to midfield. How are we not improving?

As far as defense goes. There are ways to exploit every type of defense, whether it be the 3-4 or tampa 2. Look at where our defense was last year compared to this year. How can you say we haven't improved? It's night and day. Last game, 4 out of our top 6 tackelers were freshman.

The best post on bisonville was when someone was complaining about running on every first down against ISUr, and when another poster posted every single first down play and we were gaining at least 5 to 6 yards per play. Still people would complain that we run too much on first down. Is the playcalling perfect? No, but it's never gonna be.

Fumbling and penalties are hurting us. Those are correctable mistakes and
they happen in football.
Don't know where making 2 field goals in the first game and then in games since choking on several other field goals and extra points along with kicking out of bounds too many times can be considered improvement.
As far as O and D are concerned point out one aspect where NDSU is ranked in the top 2 or 3 in our conference or top 25 in FCS except for something where it is a negative recognition. The only place I know that the Bison rank that high is for punting. BFD!
Keep sugar coating though because I know thatis why this thread exists.
Lets see how the Bison do in the next couple games. If there is some drastic improvement during the off week and beyond then the Bison are definitely turning the corner. Until then I don't see it.

TransAmBison
10-28-2010, 06:17 PM
What qualifications need to be/were met to consider the "upswing" a fact?

This isn't a jab...just trying to understand your logic.

DjKyRo
10-28-2010, 06:18 PM

Overall I agree with your post but for this part - there's no reason NDSU shouldn't be an FCS power some day, and maybe some day soon (within five years). We're not talking undefeated every year, but something similar to Boise St. - good coaching, dedicated players, guys that fall under the radar of the big schools. We definitely have the power base to be a contender in the FCS (perennial top-15).

CAS4127
10-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Don't know where making 2 field goals in the first game and then in games since choking on several other field goals and extra points along with kicking out of bounds too many times can be considered improvement.
As far as O and D are concerned point out one aspect where NDSU is ranked in the top 2 or 3 in our conference or top 25 in FCS except for something where it is a negative recognition. The only place I know that the Bison rank that high is for punting. BFD!
Lets see how the Bison do in the next couple games. If there is some drastic improvement during the off week and beyond then the Bison are definitely turning the corner. Until then I don't see it.

Zing>>>>>>>>>>>>WHAP!!

SDbison
10-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah..........
I would hope they would be on a upswing........not too much to go down from 3-8.

DjKyRo
10-28-2010, 06:20 PM
What qualifications need to be/were met to consider the "upswing" a fact?

This isn't a jab...just trying to understand your logic.

We had two recruiting classes that were rough - we've got some good guys from 2008 but the attrition rate from that and '07 just killed us. We're recruiting with a different philosophy of going for guys that fall under the radar. The way I see it (and others might certainly disagree), it's like gambling at the high stakes tables. You can go with your winnings from the lower stakes tables and might do well right away, but mess up a few hands and suddenly your winnings that looked good aren't going to last. Take a more conservative approach and you can win amounts that will go farther on a higher-stakes table. That's where we're at - finding athletes that are good at our level in areas we have connections to.

In my opinion, it's a fact. ;) (and a terrible analogy, I know).

SDbison
10-28-2010, 06:23 PM
We had two recruiting classes that were rough - we've got some good guys from 2008 but the attrition rate from that and '07 just killed us. We're recruiting with a different philosophy of going for guys that fall under the radar. The way I see it (and others might certainly disagree), it's like gambling at the high stakes tables. You can go with your winnings from the lower stakes tables and might do well right away, but mess up a few hands and suddenly your winnings that looked good aren't going to last. Take a more conservative approach and you can win amounts that will go farther on a higher-stakes table. That's where we're at - finding athletes that are good at our level in areas we have connections to.

REPOSTS:

I would hope they would be on a upswing........not too much to go down from 3-8.

TransAmBison
10-28-2010, 06:25 PM

So, we are basing our "upswing" on the potential of unproven recruits? Would not every program out there believe they are on the "upswing"?

If I am correct, even on our two bad years of recruiting we were told they were potentially the best classes ever...just like the year after that and so on.

NDSUstudent
10-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Ok SD....

Scoring Defense #18 in the FCS and #1 in the MVFC(that includes all games). That is the most important defensive stat.

DjKyRo
10-28-2010, 06:29 PM
So, we are basing our "upswing" on the potential of unproven recruits? Would not every program out there believe they are on the "upswing"?

If I am correct, even on our two bad years of recruiting we were told they were potentially the best classes ever...just like the year after that and so on.

I'm basing my opinion on what I perceive as success. Heagle's performance last Saturday and the fact we have so many freshmen contributing significantly bolsters this idea to me.

You guys don't need to believe me, and that's fine. I think we're going somewhere, and it makes me that much more excited for Bison Football. If you disagree, good for you. Just post the negativity in another thread, as I've said over a dozen times.

SDbison
10-28-2010, 06:30 PM

Quit making truthful observations and pointing out facts TAB. This thread is for those living in fantasy land.:p

CAS4127
10-28-2010, 06:35 PM
By DJ:
We're recruiting with a different philosophy of going for guys that fall under the radar.

This used to be the way NDSU recruited. Bohl must have dusted off some old folders/computer files and realized that--Hey, at least we know he can read!

TransAmBison
10-28-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm basing my opinion on what I perceive as success. Heagle's performance last Saturday and the fact we have so many freshmen contributing significantly bolsters this idea to me.

You guys don't need to believe me, and that's fine. I think we're going somewhere, and it makes me that much more excited for Bison Football. If you disagree, good for you. Just post the negativity in another thread, as I've said over a dozen times.
Wow, okay then. I've had to delete my response/rant a couple times now. I better just let this one go.

tony
10-28-2010, 06:36 PM

Well, if there is terrible retention, then the statement that they potentially the best classes out there may not have been that ridiculous. Doesn't matter what the talent in a recruiting class is like when hardly any of the signees stay in school.

CAS4127
10-28-2010, 06:38 PM
By Tony:
Doesn't matter what the talent in a recruiting class is like when hardly any of the signees stay in school. = poor recruiting.

SDbison
10-28-2010, 06:39 PM

Stating facts isn't negativity.........wow what a control freak!

DjKyRo
10-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Well, if there is terrible retention, then the statement that they potentially the best classes out there may not have been that ridiculous. Doesn't matter what the talent in a recruiting class is like when hardly any of the signees stay in school.

As I said, they were rough. We're seeing how that plays out in last year's 3-8 and in the youth on the team now, but I'm of the opinion we'll be good in the coming years - and we're not half bad now.

Like I said TAB, if you don't agree, no problem. This is my viewpoint and I'm sure a few others share, I just want a place that people don't have to read things like "Bison suck."

bisonmike2
10-28-2010, 06:43 PM
I will declare NDSU out of it's funk when we get to play in our first playoff game.

SDbison
10-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Ok SD....

Scoring Defense #18 in the FCS and #1 in the MVFC(that includes all games). That is the most important defensive stat.

OK you found one........doubt teams that make the playoffs are not listed at the top multiple times in crital stats for their own conference and FCS. Getting recognition in one or two areas is no big deal.
Hope the Bison can crack the top 3 in the conference and FCS top 25 in several more areas during the next 3 games. If so they will be a playoff contender.

tony
10-28-2010, 06:47 PM
By Tony: = poor recruiting.

I'd agree with that - retention that terrible means that the recruiting was very bad indeed.

CAS4127
10-28-2010, 06:50 PM
By Dj:
but I'm of the opinion we'll be good in the coming years - and we're not half bad now.

Trust me, all of us "neggies" on here are hoping, with significant reservation, that we will be good in the coming years, we just shouldn't have to have such reservation. And, you are right, we are not "half bad", it's the other half that drives us crazy with frustration!

NDSUstudent
10-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Hope the Bison can crack the top 3 in the conference and FCS top 25 in several more areas during the next 3 games. If so they will be a playoff contender.

Agreed, lots of improvement still needed. Especially when it comes to penalties.

DjKyRo
10-28-2010, 07:01 PM
By Dj:

Trust me, all of us "neggies" on here are hoping, with significant reservation, that we will be good in the coming years, we just shouldn't have to have such reservation. And, you are right, we are not "half bad", it's the other half that drives us crazy with frustration!

Yeah, we shouldn't have to. But beating your head against a wall only makes you miserable. Every team in college football has gone through this at one time or another - look at the state of Michigan football. It's still Michigan football despite the down stretch. We'll be fine, we just need to keep up the positive support.

bisonmike2
10-28-2010, 07:11 PM
By Dj:

Hey you can't say that! That's racist! Oh wait...nevermind. I thought you were going the Stan Marsh route for a second.

N _ G G _ _S

Q: People who annoy you.
A: NEGGIES

semobison
10-29-2010, 12:04 AM
This arguement will play itself out in November. SD is right, its not hard to improve from 3-8. DJ's is correct in the fact that we are still in the playoff hunt with 3 games to go, but I see a lot of flaws, and SD has pointed them out repeditively. If I was a making odds, in Nov. we go:
3-0 15% and I would be jumping for joy!
2-1 30% fairly good year, a big improvement.
1-2 30% why cant we win MVFC games.
0-3 25% time to clean house!

ndsubison1
10-29-2010, 04:49 AM
Love our young talent, hopefully we can continue to get strong classes like we've had with the past two. Im beginning to think that you guys just simply dont like Bohl as a person, if we were 7-1 you guys would still be bashing the guy. If you look at our team you can tell we are better from last season. We have a solid group of sophs/frosh that should be very solid in the coming years. I wont deny that recruiting has hurt this team over the past few seasons, it has improved with the past few classes. No I wont deny that this team does look undisciplined and very timid at times, but I will agree with DJ and say we are on the upswing again. No I wont deny that Bohl has made some mistakes. And please dont respond to me saying that I am satisfied with medicore play and 6 wins, blah blah blah. I am just realistic and understand that I can see that this team is getting better in most areas, we have some solid young guys coming up, and we are better than last season. Yes, there's room for improvement and yes we've had opportunities to win games we shouldnt have lost, but Im realistic and want to see how the rest of the season plays out....

Bisonfan1
10-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Im realistic, this TEAM has not fiquired out how to be a TEAM, if this TEAM fiquires out how to be a TEAM, this TEAM will be dangerous. " Without Question " ( sound familiar) Bohl will be here next year, I expect next years TEAM to go DEEP in the playoffs, I expect the 2012 TEAM to be in the National Championship game. This is a young TEAM and when real leaders step up in 2011 and 2012 look out. If someone can figuire out how to corral SDBison's and CAS4127's energy, intensity, passion and attitude about Bison football into next years TEAM we could be in the NC game. This years TEAM has not figuired " IT " out and it maybe too late for this year. As SDBison stated he hopes the TEAM turns the corner against SIU, In my opinion the BISON HAVE TO TURN THE CORNER AGAINST SIU, or I am afraid the wheels come totally off and will not carry over good into next season. I want to see the Bison TEAM come into the game on Nov 6th 2010 with an attitude they will not loose and they are going to stuff the ball right down SIU's throats, then it's on to pound the bunny tirds. I believe the outcome of the SIU game will determine the outcome of the bunny tirds game. Now you SOB's, you know how I feel.

Tatanka
10-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Im realistic, this TEAM has not fiquired out how to be a TEAM, if this TEAM fiquires out how to be a TEAM, this TEAM will be dangerous. " Without Question " ( sound familiar) Bohl will be here next year, I expect next years TEAM to go DEEP in the playoffs, I expect the 2012 TEAM to be in the National Championship game. This is a young TEAM and when real leaders step up in 2011 and 2012 look out. If someone can figuire out how to corral SDBison's and CAS4127's energy, intensity, passion and attitude about Bison football into next years TEAM we could be in the NC game. This years TEAM has not figuired " IT " out and it maybe too late for this year. As SDBison stated he hopes the TEAM turns the corner against SIU, In my opinion the BISON HAVE TO TURN THE CORNER AGAINST SIU, or I am afraid the wheels come totally off and will not carry over good into next season. I want to see the Bison TEAM come into the game on Nov 6th 2010 with an attitude they will not loose and they are going to stuff the ball right down SIU's throats, then it's on to pound the bunny tirds. I believe the outcome of the SIU game will determine the outcome of the bunny tirds game. Now you SOB's, you know how I feel.
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2007/04/10/thisisengland1.jpg

semobison
10-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Well, Im one SOB that feels the same way, Bisonfan1. We are not far from being a real good TEAM. The SIU game is big and the results could go a long way as far as our team turning the corner that some posters feel we have already done. A win would set up a huge game against the Rabbits! Like I said, lets see how Nov. plays out!

SDbison
10-29-2010, 02:59 PM
How about the Bison come out and serve up an A$$ whipping for the first time in about forever? I am so tired of the NDSU football team looking like they are trying to find a way not to lose. So here it is Bison. Control of your own destiny with two critical games at home and one of the easier games away. If this team has any of the pluses that are being thrown around this message board the coaches and players ought to be salivating.
Lets get it on!
Lets F'ing do this!
The time is now!

Bisonfan1
10-29-2010, 03:29 PM
How about the Bison come out and serve up an A$$ whipping for the first time in about forever? I am so tired of the NDSU football team looking like they are trying to find a way not to lose. So here it is Bison. Control of your own destiny with two critical games at home and one of the easier games away. If this team has any of the pluses that are being thrown around this message board the coaches and player ought to be salivating.
Lets get it on!
Lets F'ing do this!
The time is now!

WOW Captain Positive, can you send me whatever you took this morning. :D

CAS4127
10-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Posts 171-177 = A++++++++++++++++++++ No need for me to say anything other than that!

sambini
10-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Just win baby++++

IzzyFlexion
10-30-2010, 01:32 PM
How about the Bison come out and serve up an A$$ whipping for the first time in about forever? I am so tired of the NDSU football team looking like they are trying to find a way not to lose. So here it is Bison. Control of your own destiny with two critical games at home and one of the easier games away. If this team has any of the pluses that are being thrown around this message board the coaches and players ought to be salivating.
Lets get it on! Lets F'ing do this!
The time is now!

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/image-base/TV/B/Beavis_and_Butthead/beavis_and_butthead_mtv_image.jpg