PDA

View Full Version : The reach of NDSU

bisonbills
10-16-2010, 01:28 AM
I received an angry text from a friend in Iowa the other day complaining how someone with an NDSU sticker in their back window had cut her off. Thank you my fellow Bison. You made my day much, much better and made a UNI alum's day much, much worse! I am truly grateful.

Tatanka
10-16-2010, 01:58 AM
Was in Bismarck for the past couple of days on business and saw no evidence that NDSU existed in any way, shape or form.

1bizon1
10-16-2010, 02:10 AM
We have the best from Bismarck as Bison fans. Screw the rest of 'em! ;)

aces1180
10-16-2010, 02:11 AM
Was in Bismarck for the past couple of days on business and saw no evidence that NDSU existed in any way, shape or form.

You must not have made it over to Mandan to see my dad's yellow Chevy Colorado that looks like a Bison helmet. Haha.

sambini
10-16-2010, 02:16 AM
Or to the Elbow Room where the Bison flag is on the wall...

mebisonII
10-16-2010, 02:26 AM
I received an angry text from a friend in Iowa the other day complaining how someone with an NDSU sticker in their back window had cut her off. Thank you my fellow Bison. You made my day much, much better and made a UNI alum's day much, much worse! I am truly grateful.

Where in Iowa? :hide:

sambini
10-16-2010, 02:30 AM
Maybe my brother in DesMoines...

Tatanka
10-16-2010, 02:31 AM
Oh, I'm sure there's counterexamples. But there were plenty of empty billboards around town and on the interstate between here and there. Just sayin'.

bisonbills
10-16-2010, 02:46 AM
Where in Iowa? :hide:

I believe it was the Cedar Rapids area.

bisonbills
10-16-2010, 02:51 AM

It's not just a Bismarck thing. It's an anywhere but Fargo thing. Even in Fargo I see way too much who crap. Makes me sick. I do a lot of hunting across the state and it's pretty rare to see any NDSU stuff. We need an image overhaul in the state. Or at least a bigger marketing campaign. It is NORTH DAKOTA State University, after all!

mebisonII
10-16-2010, 03:03 AM
I believe it was the Cedar Rapids area.

Well, then, in all likelihood, you are welcome. :o

Plenty of NDSU alum up in Rockwell Collins as well, but I have an NDSU sticker in my back window and I'm in that area. It would be pretty funny if it was actually me or my wife!

Bisonguy
10-16-2010, 03:11 AM
It's not just a Bismarck thing. It's an anywhere but Fargo thing. Even in Fargo I see way too much who crap. Makes me sick. I do a lot of hunting across the state and it's pretty rare to see any NDSU stuff. We need an image overhaul in the state. Or at least a bigger marketing campaign. It is NORTH DAKOTA State University, after all!

Heck, I was surprised to see "Go Bison" on the marquee boards at Kroll's and the auto repair place on 45th in Fargo.

bisonbills
10-16-2010, 03:24 AM
Well, then, in all likelihood, you are welcome. :o

Plenty of NDSU alum up in Rockwell Collins as well, but I have an NDSU sticker in my back window and I'm in that area. It would be pretty funny if it was actually me or my wife!

Breaking news! I just texted her and apparently it was a MN plate in Cedar Rapids, but please don't let that stop you from pissing off UNI people!!! :D :D

BlueBisonRock
10-16-2010, 03:38 AM
Breaking news! I just texted her and apparently it was a MN plate in Cedar Rapids, but please don't let that stop you from pissing off UNI people!!! :D :D

Sorry, I was in MN all day today. I will try to do better next week!

MinotBison
10-16-2010, 03:54 AM
Some years back when I lived in Sunnyvale, Ca., I had NDSU on my California license plate. One Saturday afternoon when driving into the parking lot at Bay Meadows race track (that's a horseracing track for those of you in Rio Linda), the parking lot attendant laughed and said he went to UC-Davis and remembered that we used to beat them in football all the time.

Then last night at the BHS-Minot football game, after Bismarck scored one of their numerous first half touchdowns, I overheard someone in the Bismarck crowd saying "everybody up for the kickoff, the march is still on...."