PDA

View Full Version : Travel Roster

met1990
10-12-2010, 04:47 AM
Not sure if this is in another thread. If so, I couldn't find it.

Is the travel roster posted anywhere? I was just thinking last night about how much it helped NDSU when Aaron Pedersen was punting and kicking because it essentially allowed the team to carry an extra player to road games. (This year it makes me wonder why the red shirt got pulled from Ryan Smith so he can play four plays per game. If you're going to use him, please make it worthwhile. Why take up a roster spot for someone that would be better served keeping the shirt for a senior year, especially when it eats up a travel spot this year? Couldn't Sigers take this role?)

Does NDSU carry three QBs to away games?

How many players can you travel with? If so, what positions would you fill with them? Obviously you have at least 25 starters (11-o, 11-d, PK, P, LS), what else do you travel with?

Thanks!

EndZoneQB
10-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Is the travel roster posted anywhere? I was just thinking last night about how much it helped NDSU when Aaron Pedersen was punting and kicking because it essentially allowed the team to carry an extra player to road games. (This year it makes me wonder why the red shirt got pulled from Ryan Smith so he can play four plays per game. If you're going to use him, please make it worthwhile. Why take up a roster spot for someone that would be better served keeping the shirt for a senior year, especially when it eats up a travel spot this year? Couldn't Sigers take this role?)

You obviously didn't see him during practice/scrimmages. He looked too good to keep off the field...seriously. In the last fall scrimmage he had a PR TD and a KR TD.

met1990
10-12-2010, 05:03 AM
You obviously didn't see him during practice/scrimmages. He looked too good to keep off the field...seriously. In the last fall scrimmage he had a PR TD and a KR TD.

I have no doubt he's a great athlete/player. So why not have him on the field every kickoff and punt return? Don't keep him off the field if you pull the shirt.

EndZoneQB
10-12-2010, 05:15 AM
I have no doubt he's a great athlete/player. So why not have him on the field every kickoff and punt return? Don't keep him off the field if you pull the shirt.

Because he was getting tackled by the first arm tackle, and it was driving Bohl nuts. He specifically said they put Williams back there because he was more physical and stronger. Plus, he seemed to be limping after his long return against YSU. Maybe nothing of note, but he wasn't out there after.

ndsubison1
10-12-2010, 05:48 AM

How many players can you travel with? If so, what positions would you fill with them? Obviously you have at least 25 starters (11-o, 11-d, PK, P, LS), what else do you travel with?

Thanks!

Yes, 3 QBs is a must

Answer Guy
10-12-2010, 04:10 PM

For MVFC games, you can travel with 60 players. Totally up to the coaches on how many of each position.

I believe you can take more to away non-conference and/or FBS games.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/Travel.jpg

bisonbills
10-12-2010, 07:18 PM

Thanks!

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2010/Internet/ranking_summary/2010000000493puntret.html

#11 in the nation in punt returns and #1 in the Valley.

And I don't know how that "thumbs down" thing got on my post. I am not giving your post a "thumbs down".

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-13-2010, 04:57 PM
are we going to take our redshirt thorton to the ISU game? if jose gets hurt i really DO NOT want to see Dante out there, i have bad feelings about him

NorthernBison
10-13-2010, 05:10 PM
are we going to take our redshirt thorton to the ISU game? if jose gets hurt i really DO NOT want to see Dante out there, i have bad feelings about him

Thorton will travel. Lifting the redshirt will be a last resort. I think I saw it on the Media Blog.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Well if Dante and Jose both get hurt we could always run the wildcat!:nod:

JSUBison
10-15-2010, 12:19 AM

Why not? Dante is a proven winner and has more game time experience than anyone. It was at a lower level, but still.

semobison
10-15-2010, 12:37 AM
I have faith in Dante if we need him. From what I have heard he wasnt much behind Jenson and Jose!

EndZoneQB
10-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Why not? Dante is a proven winner and has more game time experience than anyone. It was at a lower level, but still.

He played JUCO ball with I'm sure more than a few D-I level athletes.

Scooter1
10-15-2010, 12:44 AM

Ashley, don't worry about Dante Perez. The guy has had a few nagging injuries and that is why you haven't heard much from him. I am glad this guy didn't transfer out of our program.