PDA

View Full Version : is the game going to televised

bison boy
10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Does anybody know if the game will televised?

HandoEX
10-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Doesn't look like it will be televised. Hopefully channelsurfing.net will have the game on.

aces1180
10-11-2010, 09:02 PM
http://www.goredbirds.com/allaccess/index.html?media=184885

stevdock
10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Is there anywhere that has a replay of Saturday's game?? I wasn't able to watch the game on Saturday and would love to see the big win.

Tatanka
10-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Is there anywhere that has a replay of Saturday's game?? I wasn't able to watch the game on Saturday and would love to see the big win.

THIS tv Ch 11.2 in Fargo/Moorhead on Wednesday night 7pm

stevdock
10-11-2010, 10:20 PM

Thanks, I was afraid of that. Anything a Direct TV subscriber could get?

Tatanka
10-11-2010, 10:28 PM

Probably not... :(

EndZoneQB
10-11-2010, 10:40 PM

It's a local channel, so you can get it over air and maybe through the local package.

Ferd
10-11-2010, 11:11 PM
It's a local channel, so you can get it over air and maybe through the local package.

Only over the air.

FarSouth Bison
10-11-2010, 11:18 PM
How about gobison if the locals are not televising it.

EndZoneQB
10-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Only over the air.

Wrong, it is on cableone, and prolly midco.

EndZoneQB
10-11-2010, 11:19 PM
How about gobison if the locals are not televising it.

http://www.goredbirds.com/allaccess/index.html?media=184885

ndsubison1
10-12-2010, 12:56 AM
will any bars be having it? chubs? funteddy can you hear me?

Jay
10-12-2010, 12:57 AM

I would think so. I don't remember the last time a webcast wasn't picked up. But I guess who knows.

EndZoneQB
10-12-2010, 12:57 AM

Chubs has it like 95% of the time...they usually have drink specials during the games too! Never been there during a game, but I always see the billboard.

tjbison
10-12-2010, 01:27 AM

This question gets asked every week Man;)

Chubs, Tailgators, BWW, Playmakers, okelleys, etc. its pretty common now these places to have the game unlike a couple yrs ago.

Okelleys even has it on their sign on the hotel, they just leave it up BISON on Saturday

1bizon1
10-12-2010, 01:53 AM

How do you get ch 11.2? TIA...

56BISON73
10-12-2010, 01:54 AM

HEY HEY--that Wishek Sausage was pretty good. Notice I said WAS!!!!:hungry:

EndZoneQB
10-12-2010, 01:55 AM

....over the air...or 466 on CableOne.

lakesbison
10-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Clevvy sends out free drinks if bison are winning at okellys

Ps. Any place.to.watch in mayville?? Im stuck there sat. Cvbison???

Fast50Dad
10-12-2010, 01:41 PM

At work we have an indoor tv antenna that gets those channels. They are around $40.

Go Bison!

Bison bison
10-12-2010, 01:43 PM
you can get an antennae for less than $20.

or you could take a regular cable and roll of aluminum foil or coat hanger and make your own.

funteddy
10-12-2010, 02:58 PM
This question gets asked every week Man;)

Chubs, Tailgators, BWW, Playmakers, okelleys, etc. its pretty common now these places to have the game unlike a couple yrs ago.

Okelleys even has it on their sign on the hotel, they just leave it up BISON on Saturday

I am checking The Redbirds website today. I am 97.6 percent sure were gonna be able to get their feed. keep u posted

CAS4127
10-12-2010, 05:34 PM
I'll be in Dickinson huntin Roosters this weekend--anybody from BV out there that knows bar where I may be able to watch the game?

lakesbison
10-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Any BAR with a computer (or bring your own laptop) with connections from that to a TV and the Illinois State Website and $9.99.

ANYONE CAN DO IT.

CAS4127
10-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Any BAR with a computer (or bring your own laptop) with connections from that to a TV and the Illinois State Website and $9.99.

ANYONE CAN DO IT.

Aaahhh, do you know who you are talkin too?!! As they say, there is always an exception, and I'm the exception here!

BTW, WTF are you doin in Mayville for the weekend?! Go to A&R Bar in Hillsboro and hook this up to their TV--U will be a hero and likely get lots of free drinks. Just don't tell them you know me:hide: !

Lots of Bison fans there, as a local kid, Andrew Grothman (#40), plays for Bison as I am sure you are aware (He de-cleated LB last weekend on Sigers big run.). Plus, I hang out there from time to time:D, just not this weekend.

HerdBot
10-12-2010, 08:48 PM

ANYONE CAN DO IT.

YOU CAN DO IT ALL NIGHT LONG!
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=wlI8Ie9YVJA

ndsubison1
10-12-2010, 08:55 PM

ANYONE CAN DO IT.

that might be asking a lot of Dickinson :D

CAS4127
10-12-2010, 09:15 PM
that might be asking a lot of Dickinson :D

All BS aside, I would like to find a place in Dickinson to watch the game--should have my 3 Roosters by game time. There's an Army's Sports Bar there, isn't there. And K Steffes is from Dtown, and we have to have some current players from there or nearby, right?

And, if I am not able to watch the game, how in the hell am I going to be able to come on this site and correct all of BV members' game mis-judgments/observations, critique properly the coaching staff and players and otherwise keep this forum on track. Oh ya, I said all BS aside, didn't I?!!:D

Bisonfan1
10-12-2010, 09:28 PM
All BS aside, I would like to find a place in Dickinson to watch the game--should have my 3 Roosters by game time. There's an Army's Sports Bar there, isn't there. And K Steffes is from Dtown, and we have to have some current players from there or nearby, right?

And, if I am not able to watch the game, how in the hell am I going to be able to come on this site and correct all of BV members' game mis-judgments/observations, critique properly the coaching staff and players and otherwise keep this forum on track. Oh ya, I said all BS aside, didn't I?!!:D

Someone invite this man into your home if you have to !! pheasant under glass a bonus while you watch the game !! CAS4127 is a little mellow so you will have to get him pumped up :D

1bizon1
10-12-2010, 09:45 PM
HEY HEY--that Wishek Sausage was pretty good. Notice I said WAS!!!!:hungry:

You are/were welcome PL. I will hopefully have moe available at the next home game.

EndZoneQB
10-12-2010, 11:31 PM
you can get an antennae for less than $20.

or you could take a regular cable and roll of aluminum foil or coat hanger and make your own.

Still need a digital tuner/converter box.

Bison bison
10-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Still need a digital tuner/converter box.

it is 2010 isn't it?

you should either have one built in or gotten a free one.

NDSU_grad
10-13-2010, 12:35 AM
Every other sausage ever known to mankind pales in comparison to Wishek sausage. Just wanted to make my contribution to this thread.

EndZoneQB
10-13-2010, 01:21 AM
it is 2010 isn't it?

you should either have one built in or gotten a free one.

If you're asking what "11.2" is, theres a good chance you:

1. Have no idea what a digital tuner is, or
2. Why you need it

I know a ton of people that don't have HDTV's(especially ones with digital tuners)...and unless they needed a converter box at the time, they don't have one.

Pyroshane
10-13-2010, 05:40 AM
Every other sausage ever known to mankind pales in comparison to Wishek sausage. Just wanted to make my contribution to this thread.

I had to create an account and make my first post (long time lurker) just so I could agree with this!

BlueBisonRock
10-13-2010, 05:52 AM
Stayed with my brothers sister in law for a game. Had the famous Wishek sausage. Yes, it passes the test! :bow:

So, who is bringing some to the next game and how does one arrainge for a buy?

ndsubison1
10-13-2010, 06:04 AM
I had to create an account and make my first post (long time lurker) just so I could agree with this!

welcome to bisonville (officially)!

EndZoneQB
10-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Stayed with my brothers sister in law for a game. Had the famous Wishek sausage. Yes, it passes the test! :bow:

So, who is bringing some to the next game and how does one arrainge for a buy?

I'm in for some as well. Grew up eating it as often as my dad scheduled himself a trip to the stores in Wishek and Ashley. Can we get some kuchen too? lol

I never realized it had this big of a following either, sort of thought it was an unknown thing, unless you were a local.

aces1180
10-13-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm in for some as well. Grew up eating it as often as my dad scheduled himself a trip to the stores in Wishek and Ashley. Can we get some kuchen too? lol

I never realized it had this big of a following either, sort of thought it was an unknown thing, unless you were a local.

My grandparents lived in Wishek their entire lives, my dad grew up there and I was born there, so I too know the power of the Wishek sausage...They do ship it, if you ask.

TAILG8R
10-13-2010, 04:21 PM

Also grew up eating Wishek sausage, we always brought a cooler full of it back every time we visited my grandparents.

As for kuchen, my aunt owns Grandma's Kuchen which is made in Westfield, ND (population around 8), you can buy it at Hornbachers, some Stop N Go stores and other various places around the area.

Bison bison
10-13-2010, 04:30 PM
my aunt owns Grandma's Kuchen

?

What a lyin...

NDSU_grad
10-13-2010, 04:40 PM

:howdy: Alright, don't forget to give me some positive rep then. Feel the love.

THEsocalledfan
10-13-2010, 05:56 PM

The old Munich sausage is still the bomb. I think a place in Langdon still makes it even though the Munich store closed long ago. Folks in Rolette, where I grew up, used to make special trips to Munich just to buy it.

Does anyone know if the Langdon sausage is the old Munich recipe?

56BISON73
10-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Pretty famous stuff---

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Wishek+sausage&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35

NDSU_grad
10-13-2010, 06:35 PM
The old Munich sausage is still the bomb. I think a place in Langdon still makes it even though the Munich store closed long ago. Folks in Rolette, where I grew up, used to make special trips to Munich just to buy it.

Does anyone know if the Langdon sausage is the old Munich recipe?

My wife's from Munich, and I don't think the stuff from Langdon is the old Munich recipe. I've had both Langdon and Wishek sausage, and like I said previously the Wishek sausage can't be touched.

Bison bison
10-13-2010, 06:43 PM
munich and langdon sausage are/were similar - they're both essentially country style sausage.

wishek sausage is authentic sausage.

BurroBlue
10-13-2010, 07:12 PM
As an Ashley native, I can tell you that very few meals can compare with homeade Knephla soup, Wishek sausage, and a slice of Ashley bakery peach kuchen...or three slices.

Perhaps throw in some fresh-baked rolls with Danzig chokecherry jam - you know, to make the meal healthy.:hungry:

aces1180
10-13-2010, 07:17 PM
As an Ashley native, I can tell you that very few meals can compare with homeade Knephla soup, Wishek sausage, and a slice of Ashley bakery peach kuchen...or three slices.

Perhaps throw in some fresh-baked rolls with Danzig chokecherry jam - you know, to make the meal healthy.:hungry:

Sounds like a "goot cherman rite dare!" :)

EndZoneQB
10-13-2010, 07:50 PM

LOL, I liked the kuchen so much I even enjoyed prune. Peach was the best, and you're right, I'd also sit down and eat 3-4 slices.

I have tried Grandma's Kuchen, and it is good. Just something nostalgic to me about Ashley kuchen :)

bison boy
10-13-2010, 09:11 PM
the only place to watch the game is on web feed ?
BWW
chubs
O kelly's

bri-dog
10-16-2010, 03:54 PM
In case you missed 4mcrue and tjbison's posts on the GDT, it's on channelsurfing.net...

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-illinois-state.html

tjbison
10-16-2010, 03:58 PM
In case you missed 4mcrue and tjbison's posts on the GDT, it's on channelsurfing.net...

Ha HA yeah thanks to 4m for posting that I was 3 minutes away from buying from ISU:D :D

Bisonfan1
10-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Wyo allready bought the game, wait till he see's this, ha ha thanx for posting, i was just getting ready to pull a Wyo.

aces1180
10-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Can you go full-screen on Channelsurfing? That's the only issue I see, as I was going to hook up the Macbook to my plasma.

1bizon1
10-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Talked to Cody at BWW and he said that they are going to try and have the game. They have been having problems with network feeds even though they have invested 150K in new equipment. So, no guarentees but BWW will do their best. Now, what time IS the game, 2 or 3 pm? TIA.....

80ALUM
10-16-2010, 04:19 PM

As an Ashley native you should know that the sausage from the Ashley Super Valu is better than the wishek sausage! Agree with the rest of your post though.:)

tjbison
10-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Talked to Cody at BWW and he said that they are going to try and have the game. They have been having problems with network feeds even though they have invested 150K in new equipment. So, no guarentees but BWW will do their best. Now, what time IS the game, 2 or 3 pm? TIA.....

2pm Central 3pm Eastern

1bizon1
10-16-2010, 04:23 PM
That is where I thought my confusion was. Thanks TJ!

WYOBISONMAN
10-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Wyo allready bought the game, wait till he see's this, ha ha thanx for posting, i was just getting ready to pull a Wyo.

Yup........they posted that late enough so I got screwed.......well, time for a screwdriver.........LOL!

tjbison
10-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Yup........they posted that late enough so I got screwed.......well, time for a screwdriver.........LOL!

Only way to turn a screw!!!

Bisonguy
10-16-2010, 04:33 PM

Well, it could be worse. You could have paid for the ISU webcast after WYO did, and THEN see that it's on channelsurfing like myself. :banghead:

BB11- don't believe you can go fullscreen on channelsurfing. At least I haven't been able to in the past. It might depend on the feed that they're pirating. Click a couple other current feeds on there and see.

WYOBISONMAN
10-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Well, it could be worse. You could have paid for the ISU webcast after WYO did, and THEN see that it's on channelsurfing like myself. :banghead:

BB11- don't believe you can go fullscreen on channelsurfing. At least I haven't been able to in the past. It might depend on the feed that they're pirating. Click a couple other current feeds on there and see.

Then I feel better about paying for it.....I need to go full screen to get a decent picture on my plasma.

NDSUmulligan
10-16-2010, 04:37 PM
What's the quality on channelsurfing going to be like? I've watched NFL games on it in the past, and it was shaky at best a lot of the time. And you say you can't go full screen?

I'm just wondering if its worth forking over the $10 to not have to hassle with a crappy feed?

WYOBISONMAN
10-16-2010, 04:39 PM
What's the quality on channelsurfing going to be like? I've watched NFL games on it in the past, and it was shaky at best a lot of the time. And you say you can't go full screen?

I'm just wondering if its worth forking over the $10 to not have to hassle with a crappy feed?

Shit......what is $10......a couple beers? Give me the better feed!

Bison101
10-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Channelsurfing says that it WILL have the game!

NDSUmulligan
10-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Shit......what is $10......a couple beers? Give me the better feed!

My thoughts exactly. Which is also why I decided to pay for the feed and watch it at home with my own cheap beer. Much easier on my wallet than if I head to the bar to watch it and get a little carried away haha (with excitement of the Bison opening up a can, of course!)

Bisonguy
10-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Meh- I have to settle watching on my 24" monitor with the ISU feed. The 55" will have the Happy Horns and Happy Huskers game.

aces1180
10-16-2010, 04:48 PM
I'll probably purchase the game, just so I can watch it on the big TV...Like WYO said, what's $10?

Bisonguy
10-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Looks like some games you can go fullscreen on Channelsurfing, but appears it's mostly the games that are actually being televised. Some look really, really bad fullscreen, as in 8-bit video game graphics bad. Check out the Robert Morris/Albany game that's currently on to see what the broadcast will mostly be like.

Now I'm glad I paid $10 for the feed.

WYOBISONMAN
10-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Hey......the Man Cave here in Western WYO is open for Gameday (otherwise known as the Grain Belt Bar).......

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp83/therreid1961/grainbeltbar.jpg

aces1180
10-16-2010, 05:43 PM
For those that bought the feed, did you have to buy the monthly subscription or did you find a link for just the one-time only game?

stevdock
10-16-2010, 05:58 PM
For those that bought the feed, did you have to buy the monthly subscription or did you find a link for just the one-time only game?

Game is on channelsurfing.net for free.

Bisonguy
10-16-2010, 06:01 PM

I just did the $10 monthly. Probably will have to make sure to cancel, as most of these subscriptions auto-renew unless canceled.

Bison"FANatic"
10-16-2010, 06:04 PM
I just did the $10 monthly. Probably will have to make sure to cancel, as most of these subscriptions auto-renew unless canceled.

Yes they reminded people at teammakers that it auto renews each month so make sure to cancel unless you would like to watch more of the Redbirds other sports.

NDSUmulligan
10-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Can anyone help me? I purchased the monthly subscription, signed in, and I can't view the live events. Every time I try it comes up with this:

Please provide a school and a valid email address.
Billing Terms

And it doesn't provide a link for me to do so. I am beyond pissed right now.

Any ideas?

tjbison
10-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Can anyone help me? I purchased the monthly subscription, signed in, and I can't view the live events. Every time I try it comes up with this:

Billing Terms

Any ideas?

Is there a phone number you can call??

TheBisonator
10-16-2010, 06:35 PM

Billing Terms

Any ideas?

Dude, channelsurfing.net has the game for free!!

The direct link is here:

Bisonguy
10-16-2010, 06:36 PM

Billing Terms

Any ideas?

Did you click the confirmation link in the email that was sent?

Try closing your browser and logging back in. :confused::confused:

Bisonguy
10-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Dude, channelsurfing.net has the game for free!!

The direct link is here:

Most likely not fullscreen and can be pretty choppy and poor quality video at times.

johnson
10-16-2010, 06:38 PM

Billing Terms

Any ideas?
Same thing happened to me this morning. It seems like it takes an hour or two for the account to activate. It eventually worked for me.

Twentysix
10-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Same thing happened to me this morning. It seems like it takes an hour or two for the account to activate. It eventually worked for me.

Solution http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-illinois-state.html

Bisonguy
10-16-2010, 06:47 PM

Billing Terms

Any ideas?

I was getting the same message when registering right before I entered the payment info. Close the browser and try logging in again if you have already clicked the confirmation link in the email that was sent.

Bisonguy
10-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Video is LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Superfan
10-16-2010, 06:53 PM

Billing Terms

Any ideas?

I'm getting the same thing. I figured the feed just hasn't started yet. Maybe I do have to click the link in the email.

Edit: Feed must not have been up yet. I'm live as well. Didn't have to click the link in the email.

Bisonguy
10-16-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm getting the same thing. I figured the feed just hasn't started yet. Maybe I do have to click the link in the email.

I did just to be safe. The broadcast has started........

Bisonguy
10-16-2010, 06:55 PM
FYI the channnelsurfing feed is pretty identical to the ISU feed, other than they compressed the 16:9 video to a 4:3 ratio so everyone looks skinny.

No_Skill
10-16-2010, 06:57 PM
FYI the channnelsurfing feed is pretty identical to the ISU feed, other than they compressed the 16:9 video to a 4:3 ratio so everyone looks skinny.

Damn fine quality streem.

TheBisonator
10-16-2010, 06:57 PM

The channelsurfing feed I have looks to be 16x9. Perhaps there is an adjustment option for the video??

Bison"FANatic"
10-16-2010, 06:58 PM
That is one of the best looking internet feeds I think I have saw.:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Bisonguy
10-16-2010, 07:01 PM
The channelsurfing feed I have looks to be 16x9. Perhaps there is an adjustment option for the video??

Yeah, looks to be 16:9 now. During the intro stuff it was 4:3, I had both side by side. The channelsurfing is a little smaller video than the ISU feed by about 25%. Fullscreen sucks on either feed, at least on a 24" monitor.

Twentysix
10-16-2010, 08:29 PM
The feed is streamable via ps3 aswell. If you have a ps3 and want to use your TV instead of a computer monitor. (Didnt feel like lugging my pc out to the living room.)