PDA

View Full Version : Bohl Presser

The Lost Dutchman
10-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Nothing too out of the ordinary from the Coach, he's excited about the win though!
http://740thefan.com/uploads/Bohl%20Presser%20October%2011.mp3

HandoEX
10-11-2010, 08:30 PM
He talked about Pierre being out. I didn't catch what the injury was exactly or how long he'll be out, but he did note that Pierre will be missing some game time.

tony
10-11-2010, 08:30 PM
He talked about Pierre being out. I didn't catch what the injury was exactly or how long he'll be out, but he did note that Pierre will be missing some game time.

Broken wrist - out for the season. Tough deal.

HandoEX
10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Broken wrist - out for the season. Tough deal.

Dang, not what I was hoping to hear. Best of luck to him, we will definately need him next season!

SportsLover
10-11-2010, 09:35 PM
I love how Bohl said that mohlers been like a cheerleader for jensen when he wasnt starting. I personally talked to mohler after the Western Illinois game and he said he plans on transferring somewhere for next year.

JustinTyem
10-11-2010, 09:41 PM
I love how Bohl said that mohlers been like a cheerleader for jensen when he wasnt starting. I personally talked to mohler after the Western Illinois game and he said he plans on transferring somewhere for next year.

WOW, Where did this info come from??? Is it credible???

bisonhusker
10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Jose has handled this very well. If he were to transfer, he would lose a year of eligibility. So, he would have ONE year to play. No guarantees any other school is going to guarantee that he can play. He is PLENTY good to win at this level, and has the trust of the team and the staff to be a winner. He will stick it out and take his chances in the next two years. Nobody needs to start the drama of him leaving. That is not the truth.

SportsLover
10-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Alright what ever you guys wanna think. I heard it from his own mouth but I guess its not credible

SDSUAlum08
10-11-2010, 09:55 PM

Quite the post. Is the sky falling too?

Bison bison
10-11-2010, 09:58 PM

FYI, true or not you don't have the credibility around here to drop something like this.

TransAmBison
10-11-2010, 09:58 PM
In before the lock.

SDSUAlum08
10-11-2010, 09:59 PM

mebisonII
10-11-2010, 10:05 PM
So he's opening a spot for Threet to transfer it then?

(in other words...in before the lock)

KTF
10-11-2010, 10:06 PM
I don't buy that Mohler is going to leave. He will start the rest of the reason and have a great opportunity to retain the starting spot next year. If he looks objectively at the situation he is in a good situation. Seems like a no-brainer to stay here.

Tatanka
10-11-2010, 10:06 PM
http://www.kaitaia.com/funny/g2/d/14679-1/ibtl4.gif

SportsLover
10-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I don't buy that Mohler is going to leave. He will start the rest of the reason and have a great opportunity to retain the starting spot next year. If he looks objectively at the situation he is in a good situation. Seems like a no-brainer to stay here.

I think he does too he is completing 60+% of his passes compared to jensens 45%. The guy should have nvr been benched in the first place.

KTF
10-11-2010, 10:17 PM
I think he does too he is completing 60+% of his passes compared to jensens 45%. The guy should have nvr been benched in the first place.

In my mind it wasn't a true benching for bad play. He had a concussion, the coaches were playing it safe by playing Jenson. Jenson just happened to catch fire and the coaches were riding the hot hand until he got hurt.

I have to believe that Mohler sees this and realizes the situation.

SportsLover
10-11-2010, 10:17 PM
And to everyone else I didnt mean to start anything just saying what I heard. Sorry boys

NDSUstudent
10-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Maybe he was thinking that at the time...You know when Jensen looked like the starter for the future. Things have obviously changed though.

DjKyRo
10-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Looking objectively playing Jensen was the right call - he was stretching the field with his receivers like Mohler wasn't up to that point and racked up three passing touchdowns in three quarters than Jose had in three games. Our offense needed a spark and Brock provided it, and when Brock went down Jose stepped up. Kudos to him for keeping his chin up and being ready to play when called upon.

KTF
10-11-2010, 10:20 PM
I really like the fact that we have two guys that can step up and play given the adverse situation. It scares me to think he may leave as then we are in a tough spot (again)

SportsLover
10-11-2010, 10:24 PM
In my mind it wasn't a true benching for bad play. He had a concussion, the coaches were playing it safe by playing Jenson. Jenson just happened to catch fire and the coaches were riding the hot hand until he got hurt.

But Mohler was playing awesome too. Versus UNI mohler was 20-35 for 243 yards. I dont see how he isnt the hot player. When jenson came in vs Morgan St. he completed under 50% of his passes. The only plus jenson has over mohler is a strong arm. Which helped us beat USD and Western Illinois

EndZoneQB
10-11-2010, 10:33 PM
But Mohler was playing awesome too. Versus UNI mohler was 20-35 for 243 yards. I dont see how he isnt the hot player. When jenson came in vs Morgan St. he completed under 50% of his passes. The only plus jenson has over mohler is a strong arm. Which helped us beat USD and Western Illinois

Then you contradict yourself? So which is it? It was an obvious deficiency on our team at the time so... Plus, all the completions in the world don't mean you are the "hot hand". Look at Phillip Rivers.

Me thinks you were just trying to spark something on here. Lu, I know you're out there, why don't you weigh in :)

lakesbison
10-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Jose laughs at this BTW.. Now you can Lock it.

Wally
10-11-2010, 10:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IpHHtl8gC4

Lock it up!

Herd
10-11-2010, 10:57 PM

Personally, if both are healthy, I'll take the 6'3 220 guy who is a deep passing threat and a powerful runner. Yes, it's no longer an issue in 2010. . . but Jensen is the better player IMO. You are entitled to your opinion.

NDSUstudent
10-11-2010, 11:01 PM
I wouldn't say that. You better hit a 60% when it comes to completing passes if you want to be a good fit in this offense. Brock wasn't doing that and Jose is right at 60%.

I'd much rather dink and dunk like we did with Walker than live and die with the deep ball(Which is what was happening to an extent with Jensen). I do think Jensen has a higher ceiling but Jose is the better player right now.

SportsLover
10-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Then you contradict yourself? So which is it? It was an obvious deficiency on our team at the time so... Plus, all the completions in the world don't mean you are the "hot hand". Look at Phillip Rivers.

Me thinks you were just trying to spark something on here. Lu, I know you're out there, why don't you weigh in :)

Sure as hell means you are the better quarterback. When Mohler was playing we didnt have the run game that jenson was able to play with. With the way we have been running it opens up the passing game. Which helps the quarterback so much and yet jenson could only complete 47% thats not good enough to win a game when the runs getting stuffed.

Bison bison
10-11-2010, 11:09 PM
I do think Jensen has a higher ceiling but Jose is the better player right now.

I'd f#cking hope so, Jensen is crippled right now.

Ferd
10-11-2010, 11:09 PM
It's all a moot point. Brock is out for the year. Jose is again "the man."

:banghead:

EndZoneQB
10-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Sure as hell means you are the better quarterback. When Mohler was playing we didnt have the run game that jenson was able to play with. With the way we have been running it opens up the passing game. Which helps the quarterback so much and yet jenson could only complete 47% thats not good enough to win a game when the runs getting stuffed.

Um, no. I would say the opposite happened. The running game opened up once Jensen was able to throw over the top of the defense. Just for the record, I have a Jose jersey so I am not against Jose, or "all for" Jensen. I just think you're jumping the gun too quickly by questioning the hot hand thing. I agree, Jose's accuracy is built for the WCO, but he does need to be able to stretch the field to allow the underneath passes/running game to open up. If you see a lot of Jose's throws, they are check downs to the RB or TE in the flat...with the players making plays. Not a lot of passes down the seam, etc, which open up the WCO passing lanes.

NDSUstudent
10-11-2010, 11:13 PM
I think the OL finally gelling had a big impact on the running game and passing game.

HandoEX
10-11-2010, 11:21 PM

Why are so many people obsessed with posting crap about Mohler? Thunderstuck84 posted that he got a second dui. He didn't. Funteddy posted that he was failing in the classroom this past spring. He wasn't. Now you go out and join their wonderful club by posting this? What kind of reaction do you expect on here, and if you weren't expecting a reaction, why post this without proof?

56BISON73
10-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I dont think Jose is that stupid to make a statement like that to a fan. Especially in the middle of the season.

JustinTyem
10-11-2010, 11:33 PM
BTW- Watch every pass of Brocks. Then count how many passes that were dropped right in their hands. His percentage should be much better. But the game about the team. So lets go Bison!!!!

Gully
10-11-2010, 11:40 PM

Did you watch the first two games? There is more to the game than stats. He was not playing awesome. He did play awesome against YSU though, great game by Jose.

Gully
10-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Um, no. I would say the opposite happened. The running game opened up once Jensen was able to throw over the top of the defense. Just for the record, I have a Jose jersey so I am not against Jose, or "all for" Jensen. I just think you're jumping the gun too quickly by questioning the hot hand thing. I agree, Jose's accuracy is built for the WCO, but he does need to be able to stretch the field to allow the underneath passes/running game to open up. If you see a lot of Jose's throws, they are check downs to the RB or TE in the flat...with the players making plays. Not a lot of passes down the seam, etc, which open up the WCO passing lanes.

Nail on the head.

SDSUAlum08
10-12-2010, 12:37 AM

NDSU1980
10-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Why are so many people obsessed with posting crap about Mohler? Thunderstuck84 posted that he got a second dui. He didn't. Funteddy posted that he was failing in the classroom this past spring. He wasn't. Now you go out and join their wonderful club by posting this? What kind of reaction do you expect on here, and if you weren't expecting a reaction, why post this without proof?

You are so right. I'm fed up with people who are out to get Jose. I don't get it either. The garbage that Thundar Struck posted last year on AGS took away any credibility he had with me. Same thing with Walkers the man claiming Jose personally told him he is transferring. BS.

I'd be willing to bet that Jose gets us into the playoffs, and next year a few people are still going to be demanding Jensen start (or someone even worse, but I won't go there).

Even as bad as Mertens was, people stuck to the facts about him. Jose is doing everything right and a few ASSHATS want to drag him down.

IL_Bison
10-12-2010, 12:58 AM
I've watched the highlight package of the YSU game on gobison.com several times, and I think that final TD throw was Walkeresque. He was definitely throwing to a spot, the ball was there as Howard was out of his cut, and the ball was accurate. It helped alot that the blitz was picked up perfectly. Bottomline is that if Jose can respond to coaching and have a little more pocket discipline, he's probably the QB that gives us the best chance to win THIS YEAR. Who knows about next year given the way players develop. Best wishes for a quick setback free recovery for Brock.

Bison"FANatic"
10-12-2010, 01:18 AM
All I know is that it is alot of fun to chant jooooosssseeeee Jose Jose Joooooosssssseeeeee Joseeee Joseeee

BlueBisonRock
10-12-2010, 02:57 AM
Next year is next year. Brock may or may not be the right choice next year.

However - Our focus is this year and the next game. Jose is the man. I strongly agree with 1980 and Hando. Give Jose some support. He has earned it!

BadlandsBison
10-12-2010, 03:42 AM
All I know is that it is alot of fun to chant jooooosssseeeee Jose Jose Joooooosssssseeeeee Joseeee Joseeee

Yup! Its in my head for good now, man.

SportsLover
10-12-2010, 04:46 AM
You are so right. I'm fed up with people who are out to get Jose. I don't get it either. The garbage that Thundar Struck posted last year on AGS took away any credibility he had with me. Same thing with Walkers the man claiming Jose personally told him he is transferring. BS.

I'd be willing to bet that Jose gets us into the playoffs, and next year a few people are still going to be demanding Jensen start (or someone even worse, but I won't go there).

Even as bad as Mertens was, people stuck to the facts about him. Jose is doing everything right and a few ASSHATS want to drag him down.

Did I ever say I wanted jose out. No your dumb

NDSU1980
10-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Did I ever say I wanted jose out. No your dumb

First of all, I lumped several people's criticisms together into one post. I didn't attribute everything to you.

And, I can find three grammatical mistakes in your two sentence post. Some of us are smarter then you think.

Bison Dan
10-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Jose pulled our ass out of a hole on Saturday and played great. He's still young and inexperienced and will make some mistakes but how can anyone not be pleased with his play on Saturday!!! Now that we got our passing game going, teams that stack the middle with 7 guys will be doing so at their own peril. Our running game should open up from here on in.

DjKyRo
10-12-2010, 01:16 PM
He's the Bison starting QB, he's going to get support from me regardless of what I think (which is all good anyway).

BraxtonT
10-12-2010, 01:18 PM
And, I can find three grammatical mistakes in your two sentence post. Some of us are smarter "then" you think.

I agree with your thoughts, but if you're going to bust him on his grammatical errors, then you should not begin a sentence with 'And' or use 'then' when you should have used 'than'.

CAS4127
10-12-2010, 03:51 PM
OK--now we are gettin somewhere; as in, pointing out grammer or punctuation mistakes; but, back to topic at hand. This "Jose transfer" issue was started by WalkerTM when he stated Jose told him this AFTER THE WIU GAME[B] for christ's sake! Let's hear what he has to say [B]NOW! I believe he may very well have stated that out of frustration--like some of you have said here, he is young, and young people sometimes speak b/4 they think. On the latter point, many of us do that here as well, at least from what I can see/read.

My .02; Jensen is the better QB for us, but Jose makes a good back-up, and, for now, a decent starter--just sayin!!

lakesbison
10-12-2010, 03:53 PM
C A S. im calling you out. JOSE never said any of this, quit fanning the fire by bringing up the issue. cmon man!!!!!!!!

JOSE is here, embrace him people.

CAS4127
10-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Lakes: I think he may have said it, and may now be denying he said it because he now knows he should not have. Oh, and before calling me out, I would suggest re-reading my post. Oh, hell, I'll just do it for ya:

he is young, and young people sometimes speak b/4 they think. On the latter point, many of us do that here as well, at least from what I can see/read.

lakesbison
10-12-2010, 04:37 PM
well, JOSE didnt say it, it was a lie. I asked him.

and I just wanted to CALL YOU OUT, just to CALL YOU OUT... haha.. peace,, you know me... see ya.

CAS4127
10-12-2010, 04:48 PM
well, JOSE didnt say it, it was a lie. I asked him.

and I just wanted to CALL YOU OUT, just to CALL YOU OUT... haha.. peace,, you know me... see ya.

OK--I give. :bow: Maybe he didn't say it, but, for me, I can understand why he may have said it given the circumstances AT THE TIME. Wouldn't it be crazy if he actually transfered after all the bitchin about poor QB recruiting that has been posted on this forum? Talk about a contradiction: We bitch about poor QB recruiting and now we have so many good ones that one or more transfers so they can get playing time!!

God I hope we win on Saturday!! Need something to pick me up after Vikes loss last night.

lakesbison
10-12-2010, 05:06 PM
amen to that!

BisonNeil
10-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Jose has handled this very well. If he were to transfer, he would lose a year of eligibility. So, he would have ONE year to play.

Not if he went DII or DIII.

From where I sit Bohl is correct, Mohler has been a super teammate on the sideline. So, the claim he is going to transfer is not credible to me.

RowdyRabbit
10-12-2010, 05:33 PM
So...if Jensen is out the rest of the year, what happens if (God forbid) Mohler goes down.

Does your third stringer have any time with the program?

Leonardite
10-12-2010, 05:38 PM
So...if Jensen is out the rest of the year, what happens if (God forbid) Mohler goes down.

We pull a Stig and toss the injured starter right back into the fire! :hide:

GradBison
10-12-2010, 05:38 PM

Does your third stringer have any time with the program?

The third stringer is Dante Perez, a senior JUCO transfer, this is his 3rd year in the program (redshirted his first).

The only knock on Dante is his height (5'10 or so) but I've always liked what I saw from him in practice both passing and running the ball. He was hampered by injuries in both previous Springs to get a real chance to move up the depth chart.

tjbison
10-12-2010, 05:42 PM
We pull a Stig and toss the injured starter right back into the fire! :hide:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BURN

Bison"FANatic"
10-12-2010, 05:49 PM
The third stringer is Dante Perez, a senior JOCO transfer, this is his 3rd year in the program (redshirted his first).

The only knock on Dante is his height (5'10 or so) but I've always liked what I saw from him in practice both passing and running the ball. He was hampered by injuries in both previous Springs to get a real chance to move up the depth chart.

isnt this just the second year for Perez? I think we have him next year also.

Civil06
10-12-2010, 05:50 PM
The third stringer is Dante Perez, a senior JOCO transfer, this is his 3rd year in the program (redshirted his first).

This is only Dante's second year in the program after redshirting last year. He is a Jr.

GradBison
10-12-2010, 07:02 PM
isnt this just the second year for Perez? I think we have him next year also.

This is only Dante's second year in the program after redshirting last year. He is a Jr.

You're both correct, my bad, and I'm glad we'll have Dante next year as well.

Man 2008 was a looooong season. :(

Bison"FANatic"
10-12-2010, 07:27 PM
I will agree with that it seemed like it lasted forever. It sure is fun to be back to discussing things after a win and not after a loss every week.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-15-2010, 07:43 AM
I think the OL finally gelling had a big impact on the running game and passing game.

THIS!!!!!!!!!

ndsubison1
10-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Jose has handled this very well. If he were to transfer, he would lose a year of eligibility. So, he would have ONE year to play. No guarantees any other school is going to guarantee that he can play. He is PLENTY good to win at this level, and has the trust of the team and the staff to be a winner. He will stick it out and take his chances in the next two years. Nobody needs to start the drama of him leaving. That is not the truth.

If he transferred to a D2/NAIA or any division lower he would have two years. That being said, you're right, no guarantees he would get immediate playing time somewhere. He has a shot again to retain the starting spot this spring. A few weeks ago I think this talk was maybe a little warranted, but now with Jensen being hurt, not so much anymore. Plus we all know that kids talk and also change their minds quite a bit. I would know, I used to be one :biggrin:

SDSUAlum08
10-16-2010, 05:08 AM

4mcruenomore
10-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Perez? God help us if he has to play. I remember him in the spring game, he went in 1 time and threw an interception. Thank god Esley is traveling.

BlueBisonRock
10-16-2010, 05:50 AM
Perez? God help us if he has to play. I remember him in the spring game, he went in 1 time and threw an interception. Thank god Esley is traveling.

Pulling Esley's shirt will hurt him and the team much more than it helps.

SlickVic
10-16-2010, 06:23 AM
Seen coach craig bohl and his briefcase earlyer and I said go bison +++++ aj cooper waved at me all is well in bisonville I'm just jacked for a whale of a game how about sauls little boy benjamin future line backer for the bison just like me once I get my degree I be reeking havoc on sundays 6 foot 3 230 lynn dorn dress me up like a soccer playeR lady bugs baby +++++++++