PDA

View Full Version : Jensen??

KTF
10-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Unable to listen to the game/see today, what happened to Jensen?? Is he done for the year?

aces1180
10-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Unable to listen to the game/see today, what happened to Jensen?? Is he done for the year?

Broken collarbone...Took a crushing hit and is out for 2010.

4mcruenomore
10-10-2010, 01:40 AM
It's too bad , I'm concerned about our new #2

HandoEX
10-10-2010, 02:51 AM
Anyone have any info on the other injuries from the game? I saw Evans, Anderson, Pierre, and Willson all left the field at one point or another. Pierre left the field immediately, so I am assuming his injury was bad.

ndsubison1
10-10-2010, 03:33 AM
Anyone have any info on the other injuries from the game? I saw Evans, Anderson, Pierre, and Willson all left the field at one point or another. Pierre left the field immediately, so I am assuming his injury was bad.

Evans came back in. Hopefully the other ones arent too serious

NDSUFan_Sav
10-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Evans came back in. Hopefully the other ones arent too serious

didn't wilson come back in too???

1bizon1
10-10-2010, 04:34 AM
Too late in the year too to qualify for medical hardship to get another year of eligibilty?

NDSUFan_Sav
10-10-2010, 05:10 AM
Too late in the year too to qualify for medical hardship to get another year of eligibilty?

yeah I don't think he'll be able to get that, its halfway through the season.

A1pigskin
10-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Is the collar bone break official?

Bison"FANatic"
10-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Pretty much unfortunately. He didn't have a chance in that play a block must have been missed because it was a quick pass to the flat

A1pigskin
10-10-2010, 12:04 PM
I didn't see anything in the Forum saying it was official.

Tatanka
10-10-2010, 01:24 PM
I didn't see anything in the Forum saying it was official.

:rofl:

:eek: oh you're serious.

NorthernBison
10-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Pretty much unfortunately. He didn't have a chance in that play a block must have been missed because it was a quick pass to the flat

It was an A gap blitz by a CB. He didn't disguise it. It was right in front of Brock. I think he saw it coming and threw the quick pass to the WR. I don't know enough about OL play to tell who had responsibility for the Corner. I think Brock underestimated the speed that he would get there. Painful lesson.

bisoneer
10-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Yea, he is out for the year, I say they should apply for the medical hardship and get him another year... Mohler did awesome considering his demotion a few weeks back and apparently it did not affect his confidence. Way to go BISON!!!!!!!!

Gully
10-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Yea, he is out for the year, I say they should apply for the medical hardship and get him another year... Mohler did awesome considering his demotion a few weeks back and apparently it did not affect his confidence. Way to go BISON!!!!!!!!

I was wondering about that...he basically played a total of 3 games right?

Tatanka
10-10-2010, 03:01 PM
I was wondering about that...he basically played a total of 3 games right?

Yes, but he was available and on the active roster for three more. Doubt the NCAA gives him a pass because he didn't see the field for the first couple of games.

bisoneer
10-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Not sure how the process works but it may be worth hiring a 'lobbyist' to get it pushed thru! Ha!

Tatanka
10-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Not sure how the process works but it may be worth hiring a 'lobbyist' to get it pushed thru! Ha!

Perhaps we should sue? :D

JSUBison
10-10-2010, 04:01 PM

We already have a lobbyist in our corner fighting for the Bison: Patty V.

HandoEX
10-10-2010, 05:36 PM
There is absolutely no possible way that Jensen gets a second redshirt for this season. 0% chance.

ndsubison1
10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
There is absolutely no possible way that Jensen gets a second redshirt for this season. 0% chance.

if anybody can get the medical hardship for brock it's lakes. i heard he's made arrangements to meet with the ncaa this evening

JustinTyem
10-11-2010, 06:03 AM

Hando,hit google and but medical redshirt rules. I did and he has a very good chance. Read it up

EndZoneQB
10-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Hando,hit google and but medical redshirt rules. I did and he has a very good chance. Read it up

Watch Bohl's show.

NDSU_grad
10-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Brock played in 5 games this year: UNI, Morgan St., USD, Western Illinois, and Youngstown St. You can't play half the year and get a medical hardship.

Gully
10-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Watch Bohl's show.

Even though that's what Phil was asking, Bohl just kept saying he's out....maybe he misunderstood the question?

99Bison
10-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Even though that's what Phil was asking, Bohl just kept saying he's out....maybe he misunderstood the question?

Yo are correct, bohl was probably not understanding the q and/or probably doesn't even care to figure it out right now. He only cares about the now until the offseason... this is a pattern.

OldBison
10-11-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't see as much concern about QB depth on this board as I thought there would be. Does anyone think the fragile body of Mohler can take 5 MVFC games? I don't. :hide:

That leaves a 5'8" Perez and a true TFr.

Of course, that is much better than if Mertens had broken his collarbone in 2008. The Bison would have been left with TJack. Now that is a frightening afterthought. :smh: :smh:

HooliganBison
10-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Medical hardship info (http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tam/genrel/auto_pdf/comp101-2-medical-hardships.pdf).

One more article (http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tam/genrel/auto_pdf/comp101-14-medical-hardships-2.pdf).

From what I'm reading he does not qualify for a medical redshirt since he was healthy after the 20% mark i.e. 3rd game. He participated in 4 games this year which makes him ineligible. (Morgan, USD, WIU and YSU).It sucks but it is plainly spelled out and the NCAA will not budge.

HandoEX
10-11-2010, 03:01 PM

The NCAA will NOT give a second redshirt to someone that has participated in half a season. Since Brock has already used a redshirt season, getting a second under any circumstances would be extremely difficult. Getting one after playing multiple games is impossible.

cbline
10-11-2010, 04:03 PM

Maybe he could get "good lawyering" from someone with crazy speed in the courtroom who graduated from the school up north.

Civil06
10-11-2010, 04:20 PM
If anybody could get this from the NCAA, Bill Kiefer could. Let's get him on the case, no need for NDSU to be involved. :D

Thunder_Struck
10-11-2010, 05:14 PM
I don't see as much concern about QB depth on this board as I thought there would be. Does anyone think the fragile body of Mohler can take 5 MVFC games? I don't. :hide:

That leaves a 5'8" Perez and a true TFr.

Of course, that is much better than if Mertens had broken his collarbone in 2008. The Bison would have been left with TJack. Now that is a frightening afterthought. :smh: :smh:

Perez has always intrigued me. He's been a winner. I don't think any of our QBs have played so good that we can't win without them.

NDSU_grad
10-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Medical hardship info (http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tam/genrel/auto_pdf/comp101-2-medical-hardships.pdf).

One more article (http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tam/genrel/auto_pdf/comp101-14-medical-hardships-2.pdf).

From what I'm reading he does not qualify for a medical redshirt since he was healthy after the 20% mark i.e. 3rd game. He participated in 4 games this year which makes him ineligible. (Morgan, USD, WIU and YSU).It sucks but it is plainly spelled out and the NCAA will not budge.

And UNI. He threw a hail mary at the end of the game.

Twentysix
10-11-2010, 08:11 PM
And UNI. He threw a hail mary at the end of the game.

Really? I thought he just got sacked? Did the ball even leave his hands?

JustinTyem
10-11-2010, 09:35 PM
The NCAA will NOT give a second redshirt to someone that has participated in half a season. Since Brock has already used a redshirt season, getting a second under any circumstances would be extremely difficult. Getting one after playing multiple games is impossible.

Ok,I read it so I must have understand it.

Hammersmith
10-12-2010, 01:41 AM
Ok,I read it so I must have understand it.

Obviously you didn't. The NCAA is pretty clear on the matter; if you use a redshirt year for development and then get injured in a following year, then you're SOL. The "4 in 5" rule was put in place to allow for an injury year. The NCAA allows players and coaches to deliberately mis-use the rule for development, but warns them that they're taking a risk in doing so.

Here are the two situations where medical redshirts come into play:

1. A player has not used a redshirt year previously and gets injured very early in the season(3 games or 30%; whichever is greater). In this case, the waiver is designed to retroactively declare the season a redshirt year and not count against the 4 playing years. This only works if you've never previously used a redshirt year.

2. A player is injured early in two seperate years.(Shaman) In this case, the player is trying to get the 5 years of opportunity extended to 6.

Neither of these cases applies to Brock. Brock used his extra year for development, so he doesn't qualify for the first application(not to mention he's passed the 3 game/30% mark). And he's only been injured once, so he doesn't qualify for the second.

For backup, take a look at this excerpt from the NCAA DI Manual:

14.2.1.5 Hardship Waiver
14.2.1.5.1 Waiver Criteria
14.2.1.5.1.2 Circumstances Within Control
(d) Redshirt Year

This means that using a redshirt year voluntarily uses up one of the five performance opportunity years.

PO1 - Redshirt Year
PO2 - 1st playing year - injured past the halfway point
PO3 - Soph Year
PO4 - Junior Year
PO5 - Senior Year

Now if Brock is injured early in years PO3-PO5, then he can apply for a PO6 under the hardship rules, but he can't get a PO6 to replace PO2 when he voluntarily gave up PO1.

Now can we put this to bed?

Tatanka
10-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Obviously you didn't. The NCAA is pretty clear on the matter; if you use a redshirt year for development and then get injured in a following year, then you're SOL. The "4 in 5" rule was put in place to allow for an injury year. The NCAA allows players and coaches to deliberately mis-use the rule for development, but warns them that they're taking a risk in doing so.

1. A player has not used a redshirt year previously and gets injured very early in the season(3 games or 30%; whichever is greater). In this case, the waiver is designed to retroactively declare the season a redshirt year and not count against the 4 playing years. This only works if you've never previously used a redshirt year.

2. A player is injured early in two seperate years.(Shaman) In this case, the player is trying to get the 5 years of opportunity extended to 6.

Neither of these cases applies to Brock. Brock used his extra year for development, so he doesn't qualify for the first application(not to mention he's passed the 3 game/30% mark). And he's only been injured once, so he doesn't qualify for the second.

14.2.1.5 Hardship Waiver
(d) Redshirt Year

This means that using a redshirt year voluntarily uses up one of the five performance opportunity years.

PO1 - Redshirt Year
PO3 - Soph Year
PO4 - Junior Year
PO5 - Senior Year

Now if Brock is injured early in years PO3-PO5, then he can apply for a PO6 under the hardship rules, but he can't get a PO6 to replace PO2 when he voluntarily gave up PO1.

So you're saying there's a chance?

http://letterstorob.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/a_chance-jpeg.jpg

met1990
10-12-2010, 01:48 AM

Perhaps, but I'll call Dan Hammert tomorrow to get a final ruling on this. You're welcome!

EndZoneQB
10-12-2010, 01:52 AM

14.2.1.5 Hardship Waiver
(d) Redshirt Year

PO1 - Redshirt Year
PO3 - Soph Year
PO4 - Junior Year
PO5 - Senior Year

Jordan Shipley got 6 years, BUT he missed 2 entire seasons.

yellowstreak
10-14-2010, 04:21 AM
It's too bad , I'm concerned about our new #2

is Thorton red shirted this year?

Maybe we should get Perez some platform shoes so he can see over the OL.

tjbison
10-14-2010, 11:58 AM
is Thorton red shirted this year?

Maybe we should get Perez some platform shoes so he can see over the OL.

Yes he is a redshirt

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-14-2010, 03:08 PM
We REALLY need to stay healthy these next 5 games, they're crucial!!!

roadwarrior
11-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Coach Bohl said at the Teammaker lunch today that Brock may be cleared to play before the season is over.

tjbison
11-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Coach Bohl said at the Teammaker lunch today that Brock may be cleared to play before the season is over.

ORLY???????????????

Is it wise though?

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-05-2010, 12:26 AM
If we win these next two games and go on the road I don't see why we should play him, give him rest and maybe if he works harder than Jose a week before the playoffs let him play.

BisoninNWMN
11-05-2010, 12:29 AM

WOW!!

If Jose keeps the offense running consistently keep Brock on the sideline to heal up.

Should be a good battle next year. I expect Brock to win the battle.

tjbison
11-05-2010, 12:57 AM
WOW!!

If Jose keeps the offense running consistently keep Brock on the sideline to heal up.

Should be a good battle next year. I expect Brock to win the battle.

And next up we have a 4M rant:D

BisoninNWMN
11-05-2010, 01:52 AM
And next up we have a 4M rant:D

If Thorton can beat them out then he should be the starter.

I doubt that will happen next year but you never know.....

4mcruenomore
11-05-2010, 02:33 AM
No need to rant, when was the last time we had 3 starter capable QB's fighting it out and pushing each other? I say it's a compliment to our program, thank god we have some depth at QB finally.

DjKyRo
11-05-2010, 04:08 AM
thank god we have some depth at QB finally.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NDSUFan_Sav
11-05-2010, 09:00 AM

Brocks collarbone is healed from what I've heard, but now I'm guessing he needs to rehab some, I'm not exactly sure about that. Still pretty freakish to be where he's at right now if that's the case.

IzzyFlexion
11-05-2010, 01:00 PM
ORLY???????????????

Is it wise though?

Clavicular fractures are notorious for being vulnerable for a second episode in contact sports regardless of the healing time allowed for the first break.

Facts
11-05-2010, 01:25 PM
No need to rant, when was the last time we had 3 starter capable QB's fighting it out and pushing each other? I say it's a compliment to our program, thank god we have some depth at QB finally.

This^^^^ post is a thing of beauty.
Wow, on so many levels.

missingnumber7
11-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Brocks collarbone is healed from what I've heard, but now I'm guessing he needs to rehab some, I'm not exactly sure about that. Still pretty freakish to be where he's at right now if that's the case.

I broke my collarbone about 7 years ago umpiring a baseball game...then 2 weeks later went back to do another game...ball rolls to my feet I pick it up and throw it back and it rebreaks what has healed. Something tells me that he is done for the season. Throwing a baseball takes a lot less effort than throwing a football. But if Coach says he could be cleared, I find that interesting.

Dabison
11-05-2010, 01:30 PM
I broke my collarbone about 7 years ago umpiring a baseball game...then 2 weeks later went back to do another game...ball rolls to my feet I pick it up and throw it back and it rebreaks what has healed. Something tells me that he is done for the season. Throwing a baseball takes a lot less effort than throwing a football. But if Coach says he could be cleared, I find that interesting.

You're right. I doubt he will be cleared. Rehab for the back to back playoff bound Bison next season.

THEsocalledfan
11-05-2010, 01:36 PM

I love you 4mcrue, but depth? I still only see one capable quarterback that could lead the team on a deep playoff run and that is Jensen. Mohler is no better than a backup, but admit that is better than nothing.

Thorton has proven nothing. He may end up being the second coming of Bentrim, but hope is not depth.

DjKyRo
11-05-2010, 01:40 PM
I love you 4mcrue, but depth? I still only see one capable quarterback that could lead the team on a deep playoff run and that is Jensen. Mohler is no better than a backup, but admit that is better than nothing.

Thorton has proven nothing. He may end up being the second coming of Bentrim, but hope is not depth.

Compared to two years ago it's leaps and bounds ahead of where we were. Is it where we'd like to be? Probably not, but let's take things in perspective.

Grizzled
11-05-2010, 01:40 PM

You have went from starting a thread to bench Jose. Than another one to bench Jensen. Then back to bench Jose. And now suddenly we have 3 capable starters. Hahahahahaha. Coach Bohl write you a letter too asking for your support?

THEsocalledfan
11-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Compared to two years ago it's leaps and bounds ahead of where we were. Is it where we'd like to be? Probably not, but let's take things in perspective.

Thus the reason for my post. It was WAY out of perspective.

IzzyFlexion
11-05-2010, 01:51 PM
You have went from starting a thread to bench Jose. Than another one to bench Jensen. Then back to bench Jose. And now suddenly we have 3 capable starters. Hahahahahaha. Coach Bohl write you a letter too asking for your support?

Just remember.........there's a BIG difference between drunk posting and sober posting.
-only kidding 4m. :)

DjKyRo
11-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Ballin' as Jensen was when he was starting and as bought into Jensen as "QB of the future" as I was I'm not dissatisfied with Mohler. Kolpack had a pretty good blog post awhile back along the lines of "NDSU needs a 60% passer to be successful." Through about 5 3/4 games Jose's averaging 62% and while he's had some bad turnovers in one game all in all I think he offers the better shot at this point in the season than putting in a questionable Jensen (injury wise) would.

unbison
11-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Ballin' as Jensen was when he was starting and as bought into Jensen as "QB of the future" as I was I'm not dissatisfied with Mohler. Kolpack had a pretty good blog post awhile back along the lines of "NDSU needs a 60% passer to be successful." Through about 5 3/4 games Jose's averaging 62% and while he's had some bad turnovers in one game all in all I think he offers the better shot at this point in the season than putting in a questionable Jensen (injury wise) would.

Disagree 1000% mohler is still 2 loose with the ball Jensen as soon as he can

99Bison
11-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Disagree 1000% mohler is still 2 loose with the ball Jensen as soon as he can

Agreed, Mohlers whole game (not sure this is all his fault) is also throwing to the backs (hence a decent %) which isn't going to help win many against good defenses.

That being said... Don't want to see Jensen in there just to get hurt again.

met1990
11-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Anyone have any more word on Jensen's possible availability this season? After Landon Smith's TD he was looking pretty healthy on the sideline.

Yellow
11-08-2010, 02:34 PM
He is throwing the ball in practice i know that. I think pending on if we get into the playoffs and pending on how the team is winning will determine if jensen gets a starting nod

Gully
11-08-2010, 02:36 PM
I don't think you switch starters at this point but they could bring him in to run the QB draw game....and he'd be available if Jose gets hurt.

lakesbison
11-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Jensen is one of jose's best supporter's.

Like Jensen, lets all please get behind OUR QB right now, he needs us.

X-Factor
11-08-2010, 02:54 PM
First of all, I think it is clear that Jensen is in a class of QB that we havn't had at NDSU in a long time, and it is also just as clear that Mohler isn't the answer if we want to be a consistent playoff team.

That said, I think we stay with Mohler until our season is over, unless he completely folds and stinks up the joint or gets injured. It is just too late in the season to start swapping out components yet again. Let's retain the health of a potential future QB star because the next few seasons could be GREAT considering we have already won 6 games this year and yet have so many true freshman and underclassman starting.

Go Jose, get it done!