PDA

View Full Version : Jose can you see!!!

lakesbison
10-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Ok Everyone!!!!!

No more bickering, jenson is a great qb !!!

But we are with JOSE, SO GET OM BOARD AND WIN 9 STRAIGHT WITH A TITLE!!!!

Scooter1
10-09-2010, 11:47 PM
I am on board. ;)

anyone else? :blush: :blush: :blush:

aces1180
10-09-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm happy for Jose, but I don't cheer for just the QB.

I cheer for the Bison! Hail!

North Side
10-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Love Brock, he is out for the season right? too bad but Mohler did a good job, he didnt scrambled nearly as much as the UNI game

OrygunBison
10-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Love Brock, he is out for the season right? too bad but Mohler did a good job, he didnt scrambled nearly as much as the UNI game

You, my friend, need to update your signature.

OrygunBison
Wow, that was fast.

A1pigskin
He pulled in a win. Good job Jose.

North Side
10-09-2010, 11:52 PM
You, my friend, need to update your signature.

Thanks for the reminder I LOVE DOING A W UPDATED!!!

NWNDBison
10-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Jose did a much better job than I thought he would.

3 things:

1) Maybe he learned to work harder getting bumped from top spot.

2) Maybe he learned a lot watching from the sidelines and being coached there.
(It was heartening to hear that he was still a leader and cheerleader for the team even though he was bumped--shows team spirit.)

3) Maybe the team wasn't mature enough to take advantage of Jose's skills early in the season--remember-no one was catching passes back then.

Hopefully the coaching staff also learned something--by opening the playbook out of necessity, maye they gained some confidence in the talent of this team.

56BISON73
10-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Jose put the ball where it was supposed to be. The receiver made the play with extra effort in to the end zone.

semobison
10-10-2010, 12:00 AM
I have been nuetral on the qb situation this year. I think both guys bring somthing to the table and both are young. Some posters here, I think have dissed Jose because some of the off field problems he had when he first came to Fargo. The guy has some talent, and hopefully he has grown up these last couple of years. Today was his greatest moment as a Bison, and I hope he has many more!

CaBisonFan
10-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Jose put the ball where it was supposed to be. The receiver made the play with extra effort in to the end zone.

Who was the receiver? I didn't get to watch or listen.

56BISON73
10-10-2010, 12:02 AM

#11?????? Cant remember

Civil06
10-10-2010, 12:02 AM

Justin Howard, who showed a lot of promise in the Spring game and was clutch today.

semobison
10-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Justin Howard, his first TD as a Bison!

56BISON73
10-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Justin Howard, who showed a lot of promise in the Spring game and was clutch today.

If not for him we would be kicking a FG.

WYOBISONMAN
10-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Wow! Jose was like an entirely different QB out there. If he can keep this up I will be absolutely fine with him starting. I suspect the line changes helped him out too. It was a damn fine performance by Jose today.

lakesbison
10-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Let us all unite!!!! Jose for.Everyone,

SlickVic
10-10-2010, 12:10 AM

They also picked up that blitz buitifully I'm sure somewhere on the golden coast a guy named gorden is telling anybody who all listen that's how the bison did it when 56 aka pl. Played +++++

Kevin
10-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Didn't Howard return the kick to start the drive too? Or was it Williams?

tony
10-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Didn't Howard return the kick to start the drive too? Or was it Williams?

Radio guys said it was Howard. I'd say that was pretty much Howard's drive, beginning and end. :)

NDSU1980
10-10-2010, 01:10 AM
I've been promoting Jose for the last two years. Nothing new for me. Let's see those band wagon jumpers who wanted to dump Jose and were saying he wouldn't be around next year, etc, eat some crow. Some of the stuff said here after Jose got his concussion was absolutely sick.

No doubt in my mind, Jose is the QB of the future, right through the 2012 season.

DjKyRo
10-10-2010, 01:13 AM
I've been promoting Jose for the last two years. Nothing new for me. Let's see those band wagon jumpers who wanted to dump Jose and were saying he wouldn't be around next year, etc, eat some crow. Some of the stuff said here after Jose got his concussion was absolutely sick.

No doubt in my mind, Jose is the QB of the future, right through the 2012 season.

Firmly back on the Jose bandwagon now that my boy Jensen is out for the year. I admit I had my doubts about #3 but they were firmly dispelled tonight. Great game for Mohler, let's see him keep it up!

stevdock
10-10-2010, 02:56 AM

Didn't get to watch the game today but from what I heard he played exceptionally well. My thought though while I was listening was since they have basically two different playbooks for the two quarterbacks is why not play both of them during the game. All of us would love to have 1 guy, but if you play both for at least 3 or 4 series a game, that would make it really tough on the defense. Especially since their skill set is different and the plays they run are so different.

That would be next year though. Jose keep up the good work and keep the offense putting the points up on the board.

bisonmike2
10-10-2010, 02:58 AM
I didn't get to see or listen to the game. I was out of cell phone coverage for it too, then when I turned on my phone the espn txt updates came flooding in. almost crapped my pants when I saw the TD with less than a minute to go.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-10-2010, 04:42 AM
Firmly back on the Jose bandwagon now that my boy Jensen is out for the year. I admit I had my doubts about #3 but they were firmly dispelled tonight. Great game for Mohler, let's see him keep it up!

why man.....you've seen practices with me before and Jose looked solid there I've never been off or on any Qb's bandwagon I've like both QBs from the start and I'm glad I can finally say we have 2 QBs that I want playing. I hate seeing Jensen go out like this.

NorthernBison
10-10-2010, 05:06 AM
I've always thought we had two very good QB's who could lead the team. Maybe 3 or 4 once they get reps.

Now we've got members posting on here hating on each other over "their" guy? Grow up for cripes sake.

ndsubison1
10-10-2010, 06:41 AM

Youngstown's defense wasnt anything special. Hopefully this game gets him a little confidence though. Nice to see the running game working, if that continues it should only help Mohler. But all in all good performance. Nice to see him come in and perform well with Jensen getting injured. He did exactly what we needed to win.

SportsLover
10-10-2010, 06:48 AM
Ive always been with Jose, thought he never did anything to lose his job in the first place. Jensen is the future but jose is the man this year. And if the right plays are called we can go far with him

A1pigskin
10-10-2010, 12:03 PM
I have nothing against Jose. He proved himself by scoring and bringing home a win. I am confident.

BraxtonT
10-10-2010, 02:22 PM
since they have basically two different playbooks for the two quarterbacks is why not play both of them during the game. All of us would love to have 1 guy, but if you play both for at least 3 or 4 series a game, that would make it really tough on the defense. Especially since their skill set is different and the plays they run are so different.

Watching the SIU-UNI game yesterday, the Panthers used both QBs and they put up a lot of points. I like this idea.

Gully
10-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Watching the SIU-UNI game yesterday, the Panthers used both QBs and they put up a lot of points. I like this idea.

I like this idea for next year as well. An added bonus is if a QB gets hurt, it isn't the end of the world.

As for the team, I'm still sceptical they are for real this year. Far too many mistakes. That said, they are clearly improved from last year. Next year and beyond looks promising.

bisoneer
10-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Just a fantastic win and huge on the road performance by the entire team... It was a dagger in our heart when they made the go ahead FG but a great return on the kickoff by Smith and then the penalty on them and then the awesome throw and catch by Jose and Howard for the winning TD!!!! My wife was crying with joy that we came back and won it, thanks to KFGO radio we listened to nearly every play.

Tatanka
10-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Just a fantastic win and huge on the road performance by the entire team... It was a dagger in our heart when they made the go ahead FG but a great return on the kickoff by Smith and then the penalty on them and then the awesome throw and catch by Jose and Howard for the winning TD!!!! My wife was crying with joy that we came back and won it, thanks to KFGO radio we listened to nearly every play.

Actually the return was Howard as well. Dude was clutch.

Wally
10-10-2010, 03:55 PM
I hope perez is ready to go too. With both jensen and Mohler losing time to injury this year, odds are we are going to need him as well. Dare I ask who is behind perez for 3rd string qb?

aces1180
10-10-2010, 05:25 PM
I hope perez is ready to go too. With both jensen and Mohler losing time to injury this year, odds are we are going to need him as well. Dare I ask who is behind perez for 3rd string qb?

Thorton....

THEsocalledfan
10-10-2010, 07:10 PM
I am on board. ;)

anyone else? :blush: :blush: :blush:

I'm with Scooter. Scooter, we may need an inspirational song.....

bisonmike2
10-10-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm with Scooter. Scooter, we may need an inspirational song.....

Well its sunday morning
And the sun is shining in my
Eye that is open
And my head is spinning
With Jose at the helm
I can't stop grinning
I had too much fun watching football last night

Jose Mohler
You are a friend of mine
I watched you pick apart that D with
A little nickel and dime
Did you scramble out of trouble
Did you check down all the recievers
Did you lead us to the endzone
Did you make us big believers

That's all I got for now.

lakesbison
10-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Shots Shots.Shots.Shots. Shots.Shots.Shots.Shots.

EVERYBODY!!!!!!

bisonfan11
10-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Boy, Mohler sure looked confident out there for sure. He was really putting some zip on his passes and it seemed like his release was quicker than it has been at any other time he has played this season. That 45 yard TD pass to Howard was a thing of beauty. Did you all see how quickly he released that ball? WOW. Honestly IF Mohler plays like this for the rest of the season we might have another QB battle going into next yeart. Not because of the lack of anything Jensen did, but because Mohler played well too.

EndZoneQB
10-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Shots Shots.Shots.Shots. Shots.Shots.Shots.Shots.

EVERYBODY!!!!!!

PUMP IT UP BABY!!!! This game showed a lot of guts and heart. Something that was missing...our team now knows they are never out of a game.

Also, good to see my jersey is back in style :)

Ferd
10-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Boy, Mohler sure looked confident out there for sure. He was really putting some zip on his passes and it seemed like his release was quicker than it has been at any other time he has played this season. That 45 yard TD pass to Howard was a thing of beauty. Did you all see how quickly he released that ball? WOW. Honestly IF Mohler plays like this for the rest of the season we might have another QB battle going into next yeart. Not because of the lack of anything Jensen did, but because Mohler played well too.

Actually the ball wobbled quite a bit...

But... I'm still impressed with the way Jose played.

I'm also impressed with the way the Bison dealt with adversity. They showed the true meaning of:

"Never Say Die!"

Bison"FANatic"
10-11-2010, 12:46 AM
One of the things I find interesting is during recruiting it was talked about how Mohler had won or placed well in a long throw contest. Yet when we needed a long throw at uni and at the end of the first half at youngstown we pulled him for two different qb's. It will be interesting to see if the long throws to Hollaway that Jensen was making make a appearance again. It sure was nice to not be very concerned when Jensen went down as there was someone with experience to come in.

Twentysix
10-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Have to wonder if jensen was head and shoulders better than mohler or if a greatly improved Oline makes a difference? If only we could turn back time and have jensen play UNI.

Scooter1
10-11-2010, 12:55 AM
It is nice to have two quarterbacks that are underclassmen and have proven they can win.

Life has gotten better for the Bison.

lakesbison
10-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Fanatic, bohl already lost 1 qb. He didnt want Jose jacking 1 60yards for 1 play and getting hurt.

NDSU1980
10-11-2010, 01:13 AM
If only we could turn back time and have jensen play UNI.

How ironic. I keep thinking if only we could turn back time and have Mohler play WIU.

bisonmike2
10-11-2010, 01:24 AM
How ironic. I keep thinking if only we could turn back time and have Mohler play WIU.

I can do it, but I need fuel. I think approximately 1 weekends worth of Lakes empty beer cans should do it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xdN0QQwsP1A/TDU9GYVGLuI/AAAAAAAAJSM/hlhxLPyrR3c/s1600/Back+to+the+Future+Part+2+Dock+Brown+I+need+fuel.p ng

DORMIE
10-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Seems that the only place there is a quarterback contorversy is on this board. In todays Fargo Fishrap, Jose said that he and Brock are best of friends. Guess all thay want to do is win, whoever the qb is. Move on.

lakesbison
10-11-2010, 01:38 AM
We are having fun with it. no one is saying there's a controversy.

ITS ALL GOOD DORMIE!!

Twentysix
10-11-2010, 02:21 AM
I wonder if Jensen taking over for awile will make jose play smarter football? I like both QB's. And i think jose had some poor games earlier this season because our Oline couldnt push back girlscouts(though thats changed).

HerdBot
10-11-2010, 03:15 AM
He looked dramatically improved. So does our offensive line. I think he learned a lot on the bench and watching. He's a much better QB in the short passing game but not as good going down field. I was a bit dissapointed we didn't find Holloway deep after 2 of the best games I have ever seen but the short passing game was phenomenal. I think he only had 3 incompletions all game and no picks. But also only 1 sack. His scrambling seems to be smarter instead of running into the defense. I still think Brock is better running but Jose has some skills too. Having 2 QBs is big. I think we can win with him. Next year will be interesting.