PDA

View Full Version : New verbal?

Gully
10-06-2010, 12:57 AM
Joey Sonnenfeld 6'4" 190 WR Osseo, MN

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else. Supposedly a full ride and SU wants him as a DB. Supposed to be pretty fast and has decent hands. May need to redshirt and add some muscle.

Anyone know anything else?

EndZoneQB
10-06-2010, 01:03 AM
6'4'' as a DB?? Never seen the kid, but I'm skeptical. Pretty hard for a DB to be 6'4'' and be fluid. If he is, might be a big score.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesotapreps/football/recruiting/player-Joey-Sonnenfeld-107060

Ahh, they have him listed as a safety and 6'3''. At 200lbs he might be a decent prospect...intriguing if nothing else!

BisonNolesFan77
10-06-2010, 01:50 AM
6'4'' as a DB?? Never seen the kid, but I'm skeptical. Pretty hard for a DB to be 6'4'' and be fluid. If he is, might be a big score.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesotapreps/football/recruiting/player-Joey-Sonnenfeld-107060

Ahh, they have him listed as a safety and 6'3''. At 200lbs he might be a decent prospect...intriguing if nothing else!

Agree...

Put money on it if he ends up at NDSU he will be a safety. He would be an elite CB prospect at 6'3" with speed and the hips to turn and run with a WR...

Gully
10-06-2010, 01:53 AM
I didn't take the time to look in the program but it seemed to me like the WIU DBs were taller than ours....that may have been just because they were standing right in front of me...not sure.

jarhead
10-06-2010, 02:06 AM
Joey is good. There is a tape online of one of his teams games with most of Joey"s exposure as a WR. He is teammates
with Jameer Jackson, the leading receiver in MN last year and a player we are interested in. In watching the tape, I thought
Joey looked as good as Jameer as a receiver but I know his Rivals page alludes to him wanting to play a distinct position so
maybe he made it plain he wanted to play on the defensive of the ball. Either way, a good get if it is true.

lakesbison
10-06-2010, 02:42 AM
this kid is SOLID, JAMEER will be coming too after the FBS teams cool on him. sorry, nothing personal.

Osseo is good football school

gotts
10-06-2010, 02:53 AM
this kid is SOLID, JAMEER will be coming too after the FBS teams cool on him. sorry, nothing personal.

Osseo is good football school

Recently anyways.

Ryan Wynn (at least as a freshman before going to Maple Grove) and Chris Bunders who play offensive line for the Gophers went to Osseo (if that's saying much this year).

Back when I was in high school the team was absolute crap, producing very few kids for the next level. Good to see things turned around, but Osseo will always be a basketball school!

HandoEX
10-06-2010, 02:59 AM
Anyone remember the safety from UNI last year? I beleive he was in the 6'4-6'5 range

lakesbison
10-06-2010, 03:01 AM
osseo was the BOMB in the 90's.

gotts
10-06-2010, 03:09 AM

Early 90's maybe.

rutlandbison
10-06-2010, 03:11 AM
Who remembers the 90's?

BlueBisonRock
10-06-2010, 04:31 AM
Who remembers the 90's?

Quite a few of us. :D In fact we likely have memories that seem like yesterday, but occurred well before you were a gleam in your Daddy's eye. ;)

X-Factor
10-06-2010, 06:07 AM
Who remembers the 90's?

Those who didn't go through it stoned?

rutlandbison
10-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Quite a few of us. :D In fact we likely have memories that seem like yesterday, but occurred well before you were a gleam in your Daddy's eye. ;)
I kid kid.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
10-06-2010, 02:00 PM
I think his father was Randy Sonnenfeld of Robbinsdale Minnesota. He was 6-4 and 225 and played football for the Gophers. He was a great high school athlete in his day. I think the kid really wanted to go to the Gophers. If we indeed got a verbal, this will be an excellent athlete added!

bisonhusker
10-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Joey Sonnenfeld, Osseo, 6-4, 195, FS: A junior, he runs a 4.6 40-yard dash and has the lineage -- father Randy was a tight end at Minnesota.

That was a note from the 2009 All Metro Team. He was listed as a Free Safety. Big kid.

KTF
10-06-2010, 04:09 PM
So if this verbal is legit, seems to me he could possibly bet out Thorton... I would imagine that 4MCRUE's head has certainly exploded by now...

Gully
10-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Now on the Bison Media Blog. Think they maybe read Bisonville for breaking news?

jarhead
10-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Welcome to NDSU Joey.

bisonhusker
10-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Sonnenfeld verballed to NDSU over offers from South Dakota, North Dakota and South Dakota State, Lamker said. He’s 6-foot-4 who runs the 40 in “the low 4.6s,” he said. His father, Randy Sonnenfeld, played tight end for the Gophers from 1976-80.

Yeah, is this Craig Bohl?

Yes, it is.

Ok, umm...yeah, this is Coach Mussman, we don't really have enough resources to be chasing your kids around, so could you simply tell us who you are going to recruit so we can save our money and time and go after lesser players. It would be much appreciated.

....umm....sure. Nice talking with you. Good luck this weekend.

SDbison
10-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Sounds like another outstanding recruit!
So with all this great talent NDSU is getting when is the team going to turn the corner and start winning the games they are supposed to, home games, conference games, etc.?
Maybe it is time Bohl improve his game plan, or start recruiting a real QB coach or Offensive coordinator. If something doesn't change NDSU will continue to waste some great talent.

Bison Dan
10-06-2010, 07:17 PM
So with all this great talent NDSU is getting when is the team going to turn the corner and start winning the games they are supposed to, home games, conference games, etc.?
Maybe it is time Bohl improve his game plan, or start recruiting a real QB coach or Offensive coordinator. If something doesn't change NDSU will continue to waste some great talent.

They need to turn Jenson loose and stop the sissy ass play calling. We have to start attacking the middle of the field not just the sidelines.

KTF
10-06-2010, 08:08 PM
They need to turn Jenson loose and stop the sissy ass play calling. We have to start attacking the middle of the field not just the sidelines.

We did attack the middle of the field but the balls were batted down by the other teams CB or dropped by the WR's... How many plays could have been extended by the WR's had they hung on in the WIU game? I am guessing two or three...

CAS4127
10-06-2010, 08:16 PM
We did attack the middle of the field but the balls were batted down by the other teams CB or dropped by the WR's... How many plays could have been extended by the WR's had they hung on in the WIU game? I am guessing two or three...

I think you meant how many drives could have been extended, but get your point. My point has been, and still is, you can't just run a play for the sake of running it. Weaknesses need to be attacked, and plays, such as crossers, QB draws, screens, etc., need to be set up in the grand scheme of the game plan. It can't be, run power left, throw deep right, pass to flat on 3rd and punt--rinse, wash and repeat.

OK--I'm pretty much done on the WIU game and other Bison FB related issues for the week--but carry on BV!!

BisonNolesFan77
10-07-2010, 04:34 AM

It's been gone over a thousand times here...you can't erase a couple of terriable recruiting classes in one or two classes.

Also, since when do you go out and recruit an offensive coordinator?

TransAmBison
10-07-2010, 12:41 PM
It's been gone over a thousand times here...you can't erase a couple of terriable recruiting classes in one or two classes.

Also, since when do you go out and recruit an offensive coordinator?
When the situation warrants it. In our case, the situation warrants it. Next question.